Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Gingrich: Worried Trump Admin Will 'Lose Its Nerve,' Give In to Left

Okay, seriously, why are we still listening to Newt Gingrich?

quote:

To: ColdOne

If so, Trump will dump them....

3 posted on 01/01/2017 3:50:14 PM PST by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Isn't that what normally happens no matter what we win?

Our side surrenders.

4 posted on 01/01/2017 3:50:19 PM PST by blam

Of all the things that come to mind when I think of :newt: "little" is not one of them.

quote:

Shut up, Newt! Is it any wonder that Trump decided not to use this guy. I’m glad he stood by him through the campaign and made Hannity’s program interesting - but he is starting to look like a lil’ ol’ lady.

7 posted on 01/01/2017 3:51:46 PM PST by Pilgrim's Progress (http://www.baptistbiblebelievers.com/BYTOPICS/tabid/335/Default.aspx D)

You know, sometimes I wonder what color the sky is in Freepworld.

quote:

To: blam

Yup. Gingrich may have a point here. The GOP surrenders every time after every election..

10 posted on 01/01/2017 3:53:38 PM PST by max americana (For the 9th time FIRED LIBERALS from our company at this election, and every election since 2008)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

I can understand why he would be afraid. Historically almost every politician has lost their nerve once they came under the non-stop barrage from the press.

Trump isn’t a normal politician though, his history so far is that under attack he digs in and doubles down. That is the reason many of us have supported him against other normal Repubs who said the right things, but we didn’t believe they’d actually have the nerve to hold firm.

So far Trump hasn’t disappointed me. Of course he isn’t in office yet, but I’m still pleased with what I see.

11 posted on 01/01/2017 3:53:42 PM PST by marron

Whatever you say.

quote:

To: Jim Robinson

This is psyops to mess with the MenSeekingMen.

14 posted on 01/01/2017 3:54:03 PM PST by txhurl (Chode: a word about taglines)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: max americana

But Trump is not the GOP, and he has never in his life surrendered. So why would be start now?

16 posted on 01/01/2017 3:55:19 PM PST by Robert DeLong
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

Oh hey, no-to-illegals made it back to Earth safely! :unsmith:

quote:

Looks like newt was promised more airtime if newt critisized President (elect) Donald Trump

20 posted on 01/01/2017 3:57:07 PM PST by no-to-illegals (If America Cared would a moslem cair?)

quote:

The MSM,the Teachers Unions, the Democrats, the Greens and numerous other factions threw everything but the kitchen sink at PE Trump, during the whole election process. And Guess what? Trump persevered and Won. I’d be surprised if his Administration buckled and acquiesced to anybody now?

MAGA!

21 posted on 01/01/2017 3:57:10 PM PST by zbogwan2

I have no need for friends, only victory. :smugdon:

quote:

To: Robert DeLong

I think the idea is that Trump losing his friends due to his becoming POTUS might make him lose his will to keep going

22 posted on 01/01/2017 3:57:20 PM PST by Morpheus2009
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Morpheus2009

I think not. If that were the case he would have given up long before now. No Trump loves being a winner, and a new set of friends may be exactly what he wants anyway.

25 posted on 01/01/2017 3:59:18 PM PST by Robert DeLong
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

To: blam

DJT is no ordinary Republican. For one he isn’t a politician, nor does he need the position for personal gain. He has no reason to cave on his core campaign promises.

26 posted on 01/01/2017 4:02:01 PM PST by JonPreston
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Gator113

If you force the MSM into Byzantine analysis, while denying them access, they will implode. Screw being honest and transparent with the Left, look where it’s got us.

27 posted on 01/01/2017 4:02:23 PM PST by txhurl (Chode: a word about taglines)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

This is a danger.

However, Trump is stimulated by opposition; he's intelligent enough to surround himself with wise winners; he's aware of his mandate; and I think he's as eager as the rest of us to expose and expunge the corruption. Furthermore his vision is great enough to imagine an America freed from corruption and to look forward to it.

I think his personal security is at least as great a danger. The blind hatred of the Left, which has always been a fundamental part of them, has already erupted into violence and will become more and more inflamed as truth threatens their delusions and anti-corruption reforms threaten their power, privileges, and luxuries.

29 posted on 01/01/2017 4:04:00 PM PST by Savage Beast ( "You can--in fact must--shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theater. It just has to be the truth. J Goldberg)

quote:

We have to be vigilant, and it’s going to be a tough fight because everyone will be against Trump, but if he knows the people are behind him, I don’t think he’ll give in.

31 posted on 01/01/2017 4:04:56 PM PST by Pinkbell (http://dtforpres.blogspot.com/2016/11/cnn-lies-multiple-times-to-help-hillary.html)

quote:

Shut up, Newt... and go away.

What a back-stabbing concern troll he is.

32 posted on 01/01/2017 4:05:27 PM PST by Pravious

quote:

It’s tough for Trump. He won the electoral vote but the media won the popular vote, and the Senate.

He’s gotta remember his foe is the media, and it looks like he will.

35 posted on 01/01/2017 4:11:37 PM PST by mrsmith (Dumb sluts: Lifeblood of the Media, Backbone of the Democrat/RINO Party!)

quote:

I think Newt as a valid point here. Consider what Bannon said when he stated that it would be our responsibility to keep Trump’s feet to the fire. Or when Kellyanne spoke up about the Romney debacle. Sure, we all laughed at the end and said Trump was just having fun with Romney. But consider the heartburn it gave people just meeting with him.

What if Chuck Schumer gave Trump his SCOTUS nominee in exchange for backing off the wall? Just an example (and obviously a deal breaker for us) but we elected a deal maker and there’s no limit to the types of deals that could be made.

Will Trump go through the same bruising fight that Scott Walker did to get civil service reform? All questions that will be answered in the coming months. It’s important to have a healthy skepticism.

37 posted on 01/01/2017 4:12:00 PM PST by JPX2011

quote:

Republican may be known for backsliding, but at this point, Trump deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Once Trump is sworn into office, I expect things to move so fast that his opponents will be in shock. Trump is superb at getting things done in the real world, a rare trait among people in general and politicians in particular.
44 posted on 01/01/2017 4:16:14 PM PST by TChad (Propagandists should not be treated like journalists.)

:agreed:

quote:

To: Jim Robinson

Now time for Newt to go away

45 posted on 01/01/2017 4:17:06 PM PST by Jimmy The Snake
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Robert DeLong

The Die is cast....

50 posted on 01/01/2017 4:19:55 PM PST by Paladin2 (No spellcheck. It's too much work to undo the auto wrong word substitution on mobile devices.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SocketWrench posted:

Meanwhile trump is seen by them as the great second coming while spending his time splitting his own party along with the public.

Until Trump does something they don't like, then he's suddenly a "DemonRAT" for that thread. But only for that thread.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

Isn't that what normally happens no matter what we win?

Our side surrenders.

4 posted on 01/01/2017 3:50:19 PM PST by blam

What bizzaro world does this one live in? Republicans just spent 8 years playing limp body and having to be drug along
Besides, Trump is supposed to be different! Look how he sucks on Putin's dong

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
All illegals and muslims aren't in death camps, that's surrendering to the left for freep.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SocketWrench posted:

I love that they still claim Obama is an agitator. You know, because he was democrat and black
Meanwhile trump is seen by them as the great second coming while spending his time splitting his own party along with the public.

Obama rolled in with the culture of calling out those stupid assholes for what they are. So it's clearly him, and he's splitting the country from manly men patriots and rabble rousers giving them poo poo.

Trump is a mean baby like them, and unites all mean babies. Other people don't count.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Obama rolled in with the culture of calling out those stupid assholes for what they are. So it's clearly him, and he's splitting the country from manly men patriots and rabble rousers giving them poo poo.

Trump is a mean baby like them, and unites all mean babies. Other people don't count.

"People wouldn't have known I was hitting you if you didn't tell them so it's YOUR fault people are yelling at me!"

God it's going to be a long eight loving years.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Freepers: The blind hatred of the Left which has always been a fundamental part of them <3

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jagged Jim posted:

I think Newt as a valid point here. Consider what Bannon said when he stated that it would be our responsibility to keep Trump’s feet to the fire. Or when Kellyanne spoke up about the Romney debacle. Sure, we all laughed at the end and said Trump was just having fun with Romney. But consider the heartburn it gave people just meeting with him.

What if Chuck Schumer gave Trump his SCOTUS nominee in exchange for backing off the wall? Just an example (and obviously a deal breaker for us) but we elected a deal maker and there’s no limit to the types of deals that could be made.

Will Trump go through the same bruising fight that Scott Walker did to get civil service reform? All questions that will be answered in the coming months. It’s important to have a healthy skepticism.

37 posted on 01/01/2017 4:12:00 PM PST by JPX2011

So uh... this guy still believes the wall will be a thing ?

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary makes political deals: "What a two faced ratchet bitch typical politician whore!!"
Trump makes political deals: *rhythmic sucking sounds*

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duke Igthorn posted:

Hillary makes political deals: "What a two faced ratchet bitch typical politician whore!!"
Trump makes political deals: *rhythmic sucking sounds*

This is to be expected though.
It's like when democrats were fillibustering and freep was going into meltdown about those dem scum assholes, but when Republicans did it for 8 years all freep did was praise them for stopping everything and even forcing poo poo to be shut down because, well, they're freep's party du jor.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Vanity - Request to stop the "BH" b0tthurt meme / joke / references posted by freeper fishtank

the OP and first post posted:

Just a request for the new year:

It's time to reconsider the all-too-frequent use of the term "b0tthurt".

I'm not saying the mods need to ban it,

but WHY DO FREEPERS USE A WORD

THAT PROBABLY CAME FROM THE DEVIANT COMMUNITY???

I have this queasy feeling that the word was invented after some sick prison rape incident.

If deviant sado-masochism terminology is someone's idea of humor, I DON'T GET IT.

1 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:23:17 AM by fishtank

quote:

To: fishtank

Not until after “Amish” for “black” is vanquished.

2 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:25:26 AM by americas.best.days... ( I think we can now say that they are behind us.)

Less than three minutes in,

quote:

Maybe fishtank is butthurt.

4 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:26:06 AM by VitacoreVision

quote:

What’s next on your list? Douchebag?

25 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:35:42 AM by Godebert (CRUZ: Born in a foreign land to a foreign father.)

quote:

You're probably telling us more about yourself than you'd like to. What imagery we find connected to a phrase or term is almost always entirely of our own making. While we may be incapable of controlling this consciously, we nonetheless control it all by our lonesome selves.

Please don't be butt-hurt.

I personally love the term, as it best-expresses and encapsulates the absolute inanity and profound ignorance required for someone to act like a butt-hurt snowflake.

So, regardless of what weird Uncle Tisdale did or did not expose you to decades ago, it just ain't my hill to climb, baby. But I do love that term.

26 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:36:13 AM by Gargantua ("President Trump... until the final Trump sounds..." ;^)

quote:

To: jospehm20

We were using that term int he military decades ago.

Before Bath-house Barry faggotized it. See also "rear end pain".

29 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:36:59 AM by NorthMountain (Northmountain)

quote:

So because you have an unsupported suspicion about the origin, nobody should be able to use it???

Just makes me want to use it more, if you are going to get butthurt about “butthurt” and want to censor us from using “butthurt”.

37 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:40:53 AM by Boogieman

quote:

To: americas.best.days...

Leave "Amish" the eff alone... at least until whites can legally say ni__er. LMAO!!!

And just in case you missed it, America's very best days are DEFINITELY ahead of her. Just a thought...

44 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:50:24 AM by Gargantua ("President Trump... until the final Trump sounds..." ;^)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Why Aren’t There More Female Billionaires? posted by freeper expat_panama

There's a wide variety of posts in the thread, but I'm only focusing on one kind today.

This kind.

quote:

To: SamAdams76

If a woman is married to a billionaire, she is also a billionaire.

Can a wife help make a man into a billionaire? Yes, if she marries a trillionaire.

10 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:38:03 AM by fr_freak

Yes, I'm also going to post the ones that are obvious jokes. Being a joke doesn't make it less awful.

quote:

To: expat_panama

Perhaps it’s because prostitution is illegal?

Leftists... Sheesh!

13 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:42:40 AM by Hugh the Scot ( Total War)

quote:

No one gets to be a billionaire by working for the other guy or gal. If there are fewer billionairettes proportionately to the men, the babes need to look at themselves.

15 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:44:43 AM by Lion Den Dan

"""Jokes"""

quote:

Why Aren’t There More Female Billionaires?

Cuz wemen are dumberer than men

17 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:49:01 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hillary Clinton IS a felon)

quote:

Anti aging cream, breast enhancement surgery, Oil Of Olay neck creme, Oil of olay Night Creme, High heels of every color, ........ pretty soon those expenses for vanity add up

19 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:51:46 AM by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Macroagression melts snowflakes)

""""""""""Jokes""""""""""

quote:

BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO DAM BUSY GETTING ME A GAW DAM SAMMICH, IS WHY!

29 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:59:57 AM by Lazamataz (TRUMP LIED TO ME!!!! ....He said I'd get sick of winning.... AND I'M NOT SICK OF WINNING YET!!!!)

quote:

To: bert

yes!!! I was gonna say “shoes” is why women are not billionaires.

33 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:06:54 AM by ronniesgal (hey move on over, snowflakes. the adults are in charge again!!!!!)

quote:

Ironclad prenups.

34 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:11:28 AM by Yo-Yo ( Is the /sarc tag really necessary?)

:psyboom:

quote:

This isn't surprising despite the SJW's huffing and puffing about it - Men have a higher standard deviation of IQ than women, ergo men will have more people at the higher and lower end of the IQ spectrum than women. Hence, you see more male billionaires and male homeless. I don't see the MSM advocating for more equal # of female homeless.

50 posted on 1/3/2017, 6:18:03 AM by rb22982

loving freepers.

Bonus worst post in the thread:

quote:

As if super rich just kinda happens to a person, and if it doesn’t then it’s someone else’s fault.

Anyone whining about this should read _Atlas_Shrugged_ and explain how many people are willing to work as insanely hard and focused and sacrificial as the female hyper-productive protagonist. (Unwillingness to read the book in the first place is a major clue.)

21 posted on 1/3/2017, 4:53:15 AM by ctdonath2 ("If anyone will not listen to your words, shake the dust from your feet and leave them." - Jesus)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

McGlockenshire posted:

From Vanity - Request to stop the "BH" b0tthurt meme / joke / references posted by freeper fishtank

I never wanted to make an account and troll a thread on Freep more than after reading this.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From The Problem Of Muslim Inbreeding posted by freeper gaggs

It's from a blog titled "Common Sense Evaluation." On the blogroll are Gateway Pundit, Michelle Malkin, NewsBusters, and the Sarah Palin Channel. Also it's old enough to have a freaking blogoroll. It looks like the blog post was created by the freeper in question from the name. Oh, and on the blog, this is the author's avatar:

On top of all that poo poo, this is just blogspam for a piece published on PJ Media six and a half years ago, which is in turn based on a 2005 article published in the Times of India, which is in turn based on this article in the BBC about cousin marriage in in the British Pakistani community.

Now, all of that said, yes, marriage of first cousins is not taboo and sometimes not even uncommon in certain areas of the world, and wasn't too uncommon in western civilizations until relatively recently. In fact,

quote:

To: gaggs

You are wrong about the first cousin thing. Cousins often married until the last 100 years. Laws started showing up in the late 1800’s But I assure you there were lots of first cousins, and cousins once removed that were prominent as well as hill-billy. Just read a Jane Austin book.

5 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:02:45 AM by poinq

But the rest of the thread is pretty awful.

quote:

Importing violent retardates. What could go wrong?

7 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:05:49 AM by sphinx

Freep opinions: the Bible is perfect and infallible! Oh, except for that, ewwww.

quote:

I was reading the Bible, and there was this guy named Issac who went to another city looking for a wife. He found a woman he liked, and when he learned she was a cousin he was even more excited about her. I was thinking “No dude! Wrong reaction!”

8 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:10:36 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

I'm sure this is just some copy-paste article from somewhere, but it's golden/horrifying. Also, Google that guy in an incognito window and be amazed at the super high quality sites he's published on.

quote:

According to Nicolai Sennels, a Danish psychologist who has done extensive research into Muslim inbreeding, close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred:

70% of Pakistanis are inbred.
67% of Saudi Arabians are inbred.
64% of those living in Jordan and Kuwait are inbred.
63% of Sudanese are inbred.
60% of Iraqis are inbred.
54% of Muslims in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar are inbred.
25-30% of those in Turkey are inbred.

In England, at least 55% of Pakistani immigrants are married to their first cousins.
In Denmark the number of inbred Pakistani immigrants is around 40%.

Sennels points out that cousin marriage was sanctioned by Muhammad and has been going on now for 50 generations (1,400 years) in the Muslim world. This practice of inbreeding will never go away in the Muslim world since Muhammad is the ultimate example and authority on all matters, including marriage.

Sennels warns that massive inbreeding in Muslim culture may well have done virtually irreversible damage to the Muslim gene pool, including extensive damage to Muslims’ intelligence, sanity, and health.

Below are the consequences of inbreeding:

1. Birth and birth defects:

100% increase in the risk of stillbirths.
50% increase in the risk that the child dies during labor.
The risk of autosomal recessive genetic disorders such as cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy is 18 times higher.
The risk of death due to malformations is 10 times higher.

2. Physical and mental retardation and illnesses:

The closer the blood relative, the higher the risk of mental and physical retardation and schizophrenic illness.
The closer the blood relative, the higher the risk of schizophrenic illness, i.e., insanity.
Social abilities develop much slower in inbred babies. An academic paper published in the Indian National Science Academy found that “the onset of various social profiles like visual fixation, social smile, sound seizures, oral expression and hand-grasping are significantly delayed among the new-born inbred babies.”

Research shows that if one’s parents are cousins, intelligence goes down 10-16 IQ points. The risk of having an IQ lower than 70, the official demarcation for being classified as “retarded,” increases by 400% among children of cousin marriages.

All of which would explain the following phenomena among Muslims (Source: Nicolai Sennels):

1 out of every 3 Somalis are mentally ill.
More than 40% of the patients in Denmark‘s biggest ward for clinically insane criminals have an immigrant (i.e., Muslim) background.
One-third of all handicapped people in Copenhagen have a “foreign” (i.e., Muslim) background.
In Denmark, psychologist Sennels’ native country, “non-Western” immigrants (who are mainly Muslim) are more than 300% more likely to fail the intelligence test required for entrance into the Danish army.

In Denmark, Muslim children are grossly overrepresented among children with special needs. One-third of the budget for Danish schools is consumed by special education.
64% of school children with Arabic parents in Denmark are still illiterate after 10 years in the Danish school system. The immigrant drop-out rate in Danish high schools is twice that of the native-born.

The U.S. is not immune. According to Sennels, “One study based on 300,000 Americans shows that the majority of Muslims in the USA have a lower income, are less educated, and have worse jobs than the population as a whole.” Muslims’ average lower IQ means a lowered ability to enjoy and produce knowledge and abstract thinking, which would explain why:

The Arab world translates just 330 books every year, about 20% of what Greece alone does. In the last 1,200 years years of Islam, just 100,000 books have been translated into Arabic, about what Spain does in a single year.

7 out of 10 Turks have never even read a book. Only 9 Muslims had ever won the Nobel Prize, and 5 of those 9 were for the “Peace Prize.” According to Nature magazine, Muslim countries produce just 10% of the world average when it comes to scientific research.

Sennels concludes:

The troubling reality being referred to is the widespread practice of Muslim inbreeding and the birth defects and social ills that it spawns. The tragic effect of the Left’s control of the boundaries of debate is that any discussion about vital issues such as these marks an individual as an “Islamophobe” and a “racist.” A person who dares to point at the pathology of inbreeding in the Muslim community is accused of whipping up hatred against Muslim people.

However, to fight against inbreeding anywhere is to defend humanity and to defend innocent babies from birth defects…. Muslims are the first, though maybe not the greatest, victims of Islam….The Left’s callous silence on this issue exposes who is truly “anti-Muslim.”

9 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:13:46 AM by Beautiful_Gracious_Skies (Happy New Year -'45 will be the best ever.)

loving hell, freep.

quote:

To: Pearls Before Swine

Just curious—does this inbreeding habit extend to Iranians, who are almost all Muslim, but neither Arab, Muslim-African, or Pakistani?

No, it doesn't. Iranians/Persians are of European stock.

22 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:48:18 AM by cloudmountain

I don't even

quote:

This is why they are so welcomed in states like MA and CA.

33 posted on 1/3/2017, 6:30:21 AM by Neoliberalnot (Marxism works well only with the uneducated and the unarmed)

quote:

Wonder what US ghetto rates are compared to 40-50 years ago...? Seems rates of genetic problems would increase with the immoral behavior passing genes around indiscriminately ...some kid could grow up and marry his half sister without knowing it.

54 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:32:38 AM by goodnesswins (Say hello to President Trump)

quote:

I know for a fact, having marketed products to the Middle East used for the care of children with disabilities, that they do discuss the problem among themselves. But the practice of intrafamilial marriage is so ingrained in the culture that they do nothing concrete about it. The percentage of such children born with severe problems is several times as great as in any other region. And that doesn’t count the population’s broadly impaired intelligence, nor the aggressively misogynistic and pederastic cultural and religious norms. These are the people and the culture the psychopathic Left insists on importing en masse.

63 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:25:40 AM by katana

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

maybe this time it actually WAS the Russians

10 posted on 1/3/2017, 11:12:49 AM by bigbob (We have better coverage than Verizon - Can You Hear Us Now?)

via 25th JFK Assassination Secrets Scheduled for 2017 Release

I don't know, I laughed, what can I say

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anything on Megan Kelly going to NBC?

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Some Douche posted:

The U.S. is not immune. According to Sennels, “One study based on 300,000 Americans shows that the majority of Muslims in the USA have a lower income, are less educated, and have worse jobs than the population as a whole.”
I love it when they try to justify their lovely opinions with shittier research, because a 12-second search and skimming Wikipedia leads me to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States#Education_and_income

Evil Liberal Hivemind Wikipedia posted:

Contrary to popular perceptions, the condition of Muslims in the U.S. is very good. Among South Asians in the country, the large Pakistani American community stands out as particularly well educated and prosperous, with education and income levels exceeding those of U.S.-born whites. Many are professionals, especially in medicine (they account for 2.7-5% of America’s physicians),[104][105] scientists, engineers, and financial analysts, and there are also a large number of entrepreneurs. There are more than 15,000 medical doctors practicing medicine in the USA who are of Pakistani origin alone[106] and the number of Pakistani American millionaires was reported to be in the thousands.
This shouldn't be surprising. Pretty much every large immigrant group that's come to the US since the end of WWII has done exceptionally well for themselves.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Joshmo posted:

This shouldn't be surprising. Pretty much every large immigrant group that's come to the US since the end of WWII has done exceptionally well for themselves.

Legal immigration is largely limited to educated, prosperous people, so no wonder. The tired, huddled masses are strongly encouraged to stay back home.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

Anything on Megan Kelly going to NBC?

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3510360/posts

To paraphrase: :byewhore:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Pop star says she'll sing at Trump inauguration under one condition

That condition singing a song protesting racism.

Freep doesn't seem too keen on the idea.

quote:

NO, NO, NO...What part of "NO" don't you understand? Do NOT let her set conditions for performing. Absolutely no way. I know that song (I owned the record found at a garage sale years ago) and there is no way that song can be sung at the inauguration. These people want to determine the tone and direction of the administration when THEY lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has to stop.

1 posted on 01/03/2017 11:13:59 AM PST by MeneMeneTekelUpharsin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: MeneMeneTekelUpharsin

As long as she sings “Strange Fruitcake” at Hillary’s funeral.

2 posted on 01/03/2017 11:15:32 AM PST by IronJack

quote:

NOPE! Plenty more runner-ups out there to choose from... Next Pop Star!

4 posted on 01/03/2017 11:15:51 AM PST by Jan_Sobieski (Sanctification)

quote:

A nobody who thinks they can dictate the terms of what would be the gig of their life is an egotistical fool who just talked themselves out of a job.

7 posted on 01/03/2017 11:18:19 AM PST by Ray76 (DRAIN THE SWAMP)

quote:

Oh, for g-d’s sake. Trump should just hire a bunch of talented unknowns and not even announce who is playing.

8 posted on 01/03/2017 11:18:37 AM PST by Behind Liberal Lines

quote:

Enough of all this BS. Just swear DJT in and get to work MAGA!!

9 posted on 01/03/2017 11:18:39 AM PST by Batman11 ( ItÂ’s DJTÂ’s continuing holiday performance of The Nutcracker Tweet!)

quote:

Who needs her? How arrogant is it for her, invited to a very prestigious gig, to deliberately pick a song that insinuates false things about the new President? Why should Trump afford her a national platform to spew her libtard half-truths and propaganda?

10 posted on 01/03/2017 11:18:55 AM PST by EinNYC

Thank you for clarifying that.

quote:

strange fruit = lynched negroes hanging in the trees

11 posted on 01/03/2017 11:19:12 AM PST by Tennessee Nana

Fake News!

quote:

To: EDINVA

Did they? Or did her publicist tell her to tweet that they did? See if Trump's people claim they never did invite her the leftists will just say he is saving face BUT Miss Asswipe still gets her name trending on all Social Media.

It is all a game. Ignore it and move on.

12 posted on 01/03/2017 11:19:33 AM PST by Mad Dawgg (If you're going to deny my 1st Amendment rights then I must proceed to the 2nd one...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Tennessee Nana

It’s time these leftist !@(*#@s are told to take their “EVERYTHING IS RACIST!” meme and shove it.

13 posted on 01/03/2017 11:20:57 AM PST by Pravious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: proust

I never heard of her. Can’t be that good. But, we are seeing all the half witted, mentally disturbed, weak minded liberal/progressive/socialists come out. We know who to avoid in the future.

19 posted on 01/03/2017 11:22:54 AM PST by Bitsy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Your daily reminder that liberal are the real racists.

quote:

Never heard of her. What’s with the foreigners anyway? Elton John, Celine Dion and this fruitcake. Don’t we have any entertainers in this country anymore? Besides, “runner-up” is second place. She should sing at one of the Clintoonie shindigs.

20 posted on 01/03/2017 11:23:04 AM PST by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

quote:

To: Tennessee Nana

I’d rather they bring in the first-grade class at one of the local parochial schools to sing the “Oompa-Loompa Song” than have some racist skank from England ...

22 posted on 01/03/2017 11:24:54 AM PST by NorthMountain (Northmountain)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

Let’s just hope somebody in Trump’s organization knows this is not about kumquats.

On the other hand, given the right’s refusal to know anything about the arts...

23 posted on 01/03/2017 11:26:06 AM PST by miss marmelstein

quote:

What leftist b******* still trying to paint Trump is the Grand Dragon of the Klu Klux Klan

Strange Fruit is a famous Billie Holiday somg about a black lynchings

24 posted on 01/03/2017 11:26:21 AM PST by tophat9000 (Tophat9000)

quote:

Ummm, when you’re asked to perform for the POTUS, you are in no place to demand “conditions”...

29 posted on 01/03/2017 11:27:59 AM PST by ObozoMustGo2012

Apologize!? :freep:

quote:

NO! It makes Trump look apologetic. There’s nothing to apologize for.

30 posted on 01/03/2017 11:28:08 AM PST by albie

quote:

Tell her to go %^&&&&(*^ herself.

33 posted on 01/03/2017 11:29:19 AM PST by ZULU (We are freedom's safest place!!!! #BOYCOTT HAMILTON!!! #BOYCOTT NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!!)

quote:

[British pop singer...]

This right here should disqualify this idiot....

This does NOT fit with P/E Trump’s “Buy American, HIRE American” policy....

35 posted on 01/03/2017 11:30:03 AM PST by ObozoMustGo2012

quote:

I’m finding it hard to believe that in all of America, there aren’t enough performers available to willingly perform at Trump’s Inaugural. Really? What may be going on, is those who even consider performing are immediately harassed and threatened by the sour grapes Hillary voters.
I’m surprised Donald has to ask Europeans to fill up the roster. This gal here should be forgotten about. All she wants to do is bellyache and racebait.
Might as well ask Miley Cyrus or Lady GaGa. Two titans of trashiness.

36 posted on 01/03/2017 11:34:01 AM PST by lee martell

Wow, this is like pure concentrated redneck right here.

quote:

Skip the Music.

Have 2 hrs of skeet shooting with clay pigeons that look like famous liberals

Add some Motocross and other motor head exhibition, a great pyro show.

Then everybody Go home to a better country

37 posted on 01/03/2017 11:34:29 AM PST by jcon40

quote:

F—her! Go out of here, we don’t need you to sing anything.

38 posted on 01/03/2017 11:35:00 AM PST by Rebel2016

quote:

No freaking way!

The writer of the song was an avowed communist (who ended up adopting the Rosenbergs' sons after the Rosenbergs were executed).

44 posted on 01/03/2017 11:41:01 AM PST by EveningStar

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

BarbarianElephant posted:

Legal immigration is largely limited to educated, prosperous people, so no wonder. The tired, huddled masses are strongly encouraged to stay back home.

a lot of the immigrants I know, including my parents, came into the country with almost nothing and ended up becoming millionaires by working their asses off and living frugal lives

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

a lot of the immigrants I know, including my parents, came into the country with almost nothing and ended up becoming millionaires by working their asses off and living frugal lives

How'd they get in? AFAIK unless you have unique skills or family in the USA, your only hope is to win the diversity lottery (only 50,000 people a year.)

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
they immigrated into Canada :smugdog:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

Ummm, when you’re asked to perform for the POTUS, you are in no place to demand “conditions”...
I love how quickly their opinion of the office of the president has changed. Imagine their reaction to a liberal saying this about Obama.

It should also come as no surprise that there are multiple threads, all quite long. I had one queued up, so I'm just going to go with it.

From Megyn Kelly Is Said to Be Leaving Fox News for NBC posted by freeper usafa92

This was later confirmed by Megyn Kelly herself on social media, just to clarify that this is an actual thing and not just a rumor as the article title suggests. She's getting a Sunday show, a weekday show, and will participate as part of the standard news crew for political / special events.

To clarify, she's joined NBC News, not MSNBC, but since when has freep let facts get in the way?

quote:

To: usafa92

PMSNBC? Appropriate

7 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:39:40 AM by Vaquero ( Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.)

Freep opinions: believe the victim (when they accuse a liberal)

quote:

She lost credibility when she called Juanita Broaddrick a liar. Made it even worse by trying to say every Trump women’s accusation was actual.

12 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:40:53 AM by Democrats hate too much

Freep opinions: all women are whores

quote:

I wonder who she is sleeping with over there.

15 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:41:43 AM by pinkandgreenmom

With original bolding.

quote:

The Liberals will watch her just as they support the Moslems: a common enemy.

Moslems and Liberals hate Christians
Kelly and Liberals hate Trump

27 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:44:01 AM by jobim

The thread is mostly "well, bye", posts like this, and speculation on who will take over the 9 PM slot on Fox News.

quote:

Ah, finally the trash is being expelled. Fox has one hell of lot to go to get back to the conservatives and probably never totally will.

70 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:54:59 AM by Logical me

Mostly.

quote:

“...and often helped define the national political debate, especially over the last year as Donald J. Trump regularly attacked her, at times in viciously personal terms.”

Propaganda.

In fact, she asked a wholly inappropriate “gotcha” question to kick off the first Republican debate, elevated Trump in the estimation of voters
(which was the last thing she attempted) and then spent the rest of the election pretending the news was about her rather than about the election.

In short, good move Fox News.

71 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:55:13 AM by Pravious

So yeah, they're still defending Trump being a sleazebag.

quote:

To: mtrott

“So, you don’t think it’s appropriate for a presidential candidate accused by multiple women of harassment, or worse, to be asked about it? Should Slick Willie not have been asked to respond to his accusers? It was an entirely legitimate question, IMO.”

A. Megyn’s question had NOTHING to do with accusations of harassment (”or worse”). It had to do with “several disparaging comments about women’s looks” on Trump’s Twitter account, which, to Megyn’s teeny little feminist brain, meant Trump was part of the “war on women.”

B. And, no, accusations do not always have to be dignified with an answer - or even a question - particularly accusations made out of the blue in the middle of a political campaign.

136 posted on 1/3/2017, 10:30:40 AM by Pravious

The gently caress?

quote:

To: Enlightened1

If we believe the Fox bashers, Laura can’t be a replacement candidate because Fox is a liberal progressive crap hole like all the rest.

A liberal in tart clothes is therefore the only type acceptable.
The replacement decision is feelings not thoughts

148 posted on 1/3/2017, 10:38:26 AM by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Macroagression melts snowflakes)

Hi Kit Cat!

quote:

THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! I NEVER watch NBC!!!! I personally CANT STAND HER!!!! I have switched to Fox Business because of her, however I must admit I LOVE Fox Business and thanks to her I discovered Fox Business Trish Regan would be an EXCELLENT replacement for her but I think they will give it to Martha who I am also not crazy about but can tolerate her!!!

163 posted on 1/3/2017, 10:49:47 AM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

Oh also as part of the discussion of her replacement at Fox News, people have been posting photos of various candidates, all but one of which are white and blonde. This leads to posts like

quote:

To: Snickering Hound

She is at least a nice piece of eye candy.

169 posted on 1/3/2017, 11:12:56 AM by editor-surveyor (Freepers: Not as smart as I'd hoped they'd be)
You stay classy, freep. Nice tagline, too.

This is the only post in the thread that discusses why they don't like her without absurd name calling. I'm including it for contrast.

quote:

To: laweeks

I found Kelly’s problem wasn’t that she was like a Rachel Maddow, but rather she had a difficult time maintaining a consistent presentation.

She’d do a news analysis segment where she’d be like a giggly flirt working the room at a Happy Hour.

Then a commercial break, and she’d do a very serious segment on Kate’s Law, for example. She’d be so different than she came across just six minutes ago, it was really jarring.

I quit on her show after the first GOP Primary debate in August 2015, though truthfully I usually switched off Fox News after the first 30 minutes of O’Reilly, as the second half hour has been useless for a long time - Jesse Watters as the unfunny parody of the white conservative smirking jerk, Bill flirts with a senior citizen like Lis Weihl and gets nowhere, or Dennis Miller visits and Bill tries to keep up with the comedy but comes across as an unfunny boor.

But at that point I made a deliberate decision to avoid Megyn Kelly’s show. Actually that entire debate was an obvious attempt to mug Mr Trump and actually tipped my favoir towards Trump, where it has remained.

181 posted on 1/3/2017, 11:49:56 AM by Ted Grant

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BarbarianElephant posted:

How'd they get in? AFAIK unless you have unique skills or family in the USA, your only hope is to win the diversity lottery (only 50,000 people a year.)

Political refugee status for immigrant friends of my family who did well for themselves. They were fleeing some coup or civil war or another in South America about twenty years ago.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

My upstanding Christian morals!

Really, someone has an issue with "butthurt", but not the other metric shitton of hate and racism?

McGlockenshire posted:

I was reading the Bible, and there was this guy named Issac who went to another city looking for a wife. He found a woman he liked, and when he learned she was a cousin he was even more excited about her. I was thinking “No dude! Wrong reaction!”

8 posted on 1/3/2017, 5:10:36 AM by MNDude (God is not a Republican, but Satan is certainly a Democrat)

Maybe so, but god certainly seemed to have a boner for inbreeding given the whole Adam and Eve beginning, and the noah's ark thing, and I think it was lot with his daughters....yeah, god didn't seem to have too many issues with it.

Of course this cousin taboo thing is fairly recent. Up till the late 1800's it was rare you ever ventured too far from your home. The infrastructure and transportation just wasn't there for travelling a distance. Not to mention those pesky diseases that came along every now and then to limit the selections available

quote:

Wonder what US ghetto rates are compared to 40-50 years ago...? Seems rates of genetic problems would increase with the immoral behavior passing genes around indiscriminately ...some kid could grow up and marry his half sister without knowing it.

54 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:32:38 AM by goodnesswins (Say hello to President Trump)

This of course relies on a ton of factors, namely what the standard of living was. You can go back to "purebred" America of 1900 when the standard of living was a shack or a straw bed at the shop your family worked in being ok

McGlockenshire posted:

She lost credibility when she called Juanita Broaddrick a liar. Made it even worse by trying to say every Trump women’s accusation was actual.

12 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:40:53 AM by Democrats hate too much

Ah yes, all those accusers of Trump were just people trying to hate on him, whereas all the ones Slick Willie has are 100% legit. Also he raped women, true fact.

I swear to god, alzheimers and dimensia are some horrible diseases

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 4, 2017

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

My upstanding Christian morals!

Really, someone has an issue with "butthurt", but not the other metric shitton of hate and racism?

Maybe so, but god certainly seemed to have a boner for inbreeding given the whole Adam and Eve beginning, and the noah's ark thing, and I think it was lot with his daughters....yeah, god didn't seem to have too many issues with it.

Of course this cousin taboo thing is fairly recent. Up till the late 1800's it was rare you ever ventured too far from your home. The infrastructure and transportation just wasn't there for travelling a distance. Not to mention those pesky diseases that came along every now and then to limit the selections available

This of course relies on a ton of factors, namely what the standard of living was. You can go back to "purebred" America of 1900 when the standard of living was a shack or a straw bed at the shop your family worked in being ok

Ah yes, all those accusers of Trump were just people trying to hate on him, whereas all the ones Slick Willie has are 100% legit. Also he raped women, true fact.

I swear to god, alzheimers and dimensia are some horrible diseases

Funny you should mention. My father has a form of dementia that mimics Alzheimer's in a lot of ways. He forgets words and names, although he can usually remember what they stand for, which is making communication increasingly difficult, and means we have to work with him daily to try to keep him at a certain level for as long as possible. He's pretty homebound and spends most of his day in bed, which means he's on the internet a lot, watches Youtube a lot (though often videos without dialogue or text in them, he likes the walking tours). He actually looked in as much as he could on the candidates this past year. He didn't really remember Hillary and had no idea who Bernie was, but Trump? He remembers Trump. He just never remembers Trump's name.

Therefore, he dubbed Trump 'The Baby Man' whenever he wanted to refer to him, and still can't understand why anyone would vote for someone like that. So what's even funnier is an actual dementia sufferer can spot Trump is a conman shithead when Freepers can't.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

McGlockenshire posted:

B. And, no, accusations do not always have to be dignified with an answer - or even a question - particularly accusations made out of the blue in the middle of a political campaign. 

:lol: this is rich coming from them.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Did any of them wonder why the GOP attempted to gut an independent ethics committee as their first big move out of the gate or has "drain the swamp" gone into the Conservative Memory Hole?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Neeksy posted:

Did any of them wonder why the GOP attempted to gut an independent ethics committee as their first big move out of the gate or has "drain the swamp" gone into the Conservative Memory Hole?

Nothing matters to these people as long as they can rest knowing that "the others" are going to hurt worse than they do.

I know a guy who's prime Freeper Material. Guys on disability, is not a well person. And he still voted Trump. And I don't know if it makes me close to being like one of these monsters but I get a certain sense of schadenfreude that the Trump administration is going to be the cause of good death. Especially after Ryan gets done cutting social services to the bone.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Neeksy posted:

"Drain the swamp" has always meant "gently caress over everyone who isn't on my team," hth.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Neeksy posted:

Haven't looked at Freep, but the response I saw on Twitter basically boiled down to 'But Hillary/Obama/InsertDemocratofchoice is super corrupt! so there!' Like, 'we can do bad things because the other side does it too' is an argument I wasn't allowed to get away with as a child, it's amazing how many adults think it's valid.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

But her emails tho

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've heard "well trump may be corrupt but the liberal media will call him out on it, unlike Hillary"

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Neeksy posted:

Pfft, it was full of lieberals and had to be gutted, you see.....

That's all it takes and bam, GOP off the hook

Ambitious Spider posted:

I've heard "well trump may be corrupt but the liberal media will call him out on it, unlike Hillary"

Yeah, that certainly explains why all media went derp crosseyed over emails over and over and over again and the final thought on every ocurrance was "There's really nothing there" with "Maybe this time!" being the prime thought each time the fallout restarted.

What kills me is for how many people this issue was the game changer. Gee, someone used a private server that cold have been hacked (because we all know the Feds can't...forget all that Russia poo poo) if someone ever cared to find out if old Bill used extendz or something. But goddamn that was such a mistake that a guy who admitted to actual sexual assault, acts like a child, threatens nations both ally and foe, who's best comeback to questions about his stuffing his face up Russia's rear end was "No, no puppets here, you're the puppet", has some very shady tax returns and refuses to release his current one while demanding everyone else release personal info, scams thousands out of their money, and runs businesses into the ground at record breaking speed is clearly the better choice.
Every loving debate was like watching an autistic 10 year old bitch to his mommy about his sister crossing his side of the back seat. Why we as a nation decided to buy him an ice cream cone instead of slamming on the brakes to turn this poo poo around is just incredible

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 4, 2017

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've had people complain about "fake news" like that church burning that turned out ago be done by a member of the congregation, and how the mainstream lame stream media never reports it...

All while linking to an abc news article on it.

:psyduck:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
"Fake news" has been a lot in the, well, news. It's referring to click bait articles but the right has co-opted it to mean the "mainstream media".

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

RagnarokAngel posted:

"Fake news" has been a lot in the, well, news. It's referring to click bait articles but the right has co-opted it to mean the "mainstream media".

Yea, there's the weird coopting of fake news but also complaining about lack of mainstream coverage when you're posting an abc news link

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

kartikeya posted:

Therefore, he dubbed Trump 'The Baby Man' whenever he wanted to refer to him, and still can't understand why anyone would vote for someone like that.

This made my morning. Your dad is awesome, and I hope the best for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"Fake news" is just the new "liberal media" catchphrase for news that conflicts with the false reality in their head so it's not really new. They aren't actually creative enough to think up a new idea so they just jumped on the fake news stories and repeat it because it has a dual effect of enforcing their media bubbles and also delegitimizing complaints of click baitey garbage which helps lowers the bar for journalism across the board.