Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I meant to start watching Hidamari Sketch today over lunch, but I forgot to actually bring it with my laptop. :smith:

x|_______________________________|x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

B-rear end.exe

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Spiritus Nox posted:

I meant to start watching Hidamari Sketch today over lunch, but I forgot to actually bring it with my laptop. :smith:

http://i.imgur.com/qATaI96.gifv

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Srice posted:

Maison Ikkoku status: still good. Its adult cast helps make it feel like a network sitcom in a lot of ways, as opposed to the Disney channel-esque way many anime rom coms in highschool can feel.

I'm gonna watch this eventually

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox posted:

'ere you go chum

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kodansha manga sale

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Asmaria_/status/816311821808246787

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You've done god's work in linking this Symphogear devoted twitter that I was unaware of.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

gently caress Amazon for region-locking Comixology. :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/816352094286389250

accurate

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Great, and I'm stealing this for the scanlation post.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

you could have released 10 volumes of something in the time youre spending on this op. stop midword and press submit

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

[Reserved.]

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like the tape came off somebody's snippers.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ashwaynebeyond/status/815709755587067905

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's a slower season, but this upcoming week still has an overwhelming number of premieres. so I'm hoping people can vote for the shows they're most interested in to cut down the list of candidates for the first Winter 2017 Seasonal Stream. use the poll below and vote for as many as you'd like:

http://www.strawpoll.me/12021843

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

ドキ ドキ ドキ ドキ

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Sorry Corals posted:

you could have released 10 volumes of something in the time youre spending on this op. stop midword and press submit

Yeah I'll figure something out. Still need to find more images to break up the text.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hahahahahahahah, it certainly didn't take me long to find what I was looking for.

I was kinda worried it had been expunged from the internet for being such a god damned monstrosity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm partial to the translation of the Cloverfield tie-in manga that just put the translations in the margins and poo poo.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I have never seen that. Got a link?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So wait what the gently caress happened to KumaMiko

People in the worst anim thread are making GBS threads on it left and right, but I remember the first episode being cute... did it get really creepy and bad or something??

e: also apparently the ending pissed everyone including the manga author off? and yet nobody's spoiler tagging it in there

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
(please tell me she never fucks the goddamn bear)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Good planner cover

https://twitter.com/nichronomicon/status/816353593498345473

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The show is about the main character being torn between wanting to live in the city and her life our in the sticks. In the final episode she goes to the city, assumes everyone is making fun of her and laughing at her and, traumatized and ashamed, runs back home, where all her caretakers and friends, who know that nobody was laughing at her, encourage her to never go to the city again because everyone will laugh at her. This is played for comedy, instead of being insanely hosed up.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hahahahahahahah, it certainly didn't take me long to find what I was looking for.

I was kinda worried it had been expunged from the internet for being such a god damned monstrosity.

you have this don't you

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

The show is about the main character being torn between wanting to live in the city and her life our in the sticks. In the final episode she goes to the city, assumes everyone is making fun of her and laughing at her and, traumatized and ashamed, runs back home, where all her caretakers and friends, who know that nobody was laughing at her, encourage her to never go to the city again because everyone will laugh at her. This is played for comedy, instead of being insanely hosed up.

And there's also constant bullying and tormenting in the epsiodes before the finale, at least up to the point i stopped watching

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

So wait what the gently caress happened to KumaMiko

People in the worst anim thread are making GBS threads on it left and right, but I remember the first episode being cute... did it get really creepy and bad or something??

Yes, unfortunately.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

I still can't believe she hosed the bear

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

And there's also constant bullying and tormenting in the epsiodes before the finale, at least up to the point i stopped watching
in the manga characters like the older girl bully her a bit, warm up to her, and then just become genuine friends, but the anime does stuff out of order + adds scenes so it's just, yeah, that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the kumamiko blu-ray boxsets are already like 70% off on amazon.jp

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i didnt care for the advertisements for a discount clothing chain

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Endorph posted:

are you loving serious :stare:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Sorry Corals posted:

you have this don't you

I was waffling on using it since most everyone's seen it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

are you loving serious :stare:

yeah

that's why the manga creator got mad, the manga is just kind of a gag thing about a girl getting a bit more confident, which is the opposite, of that

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

i didnt care for the advertisements for a discount clothing chain

this is where i stopped, yeah

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i went for a bit longer after the clothing chain ads and

an entire episode of machi crying because somebody forced her to sell food samples at a super market alone for five hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's one scene where natsu actually feels bad about making machi cry so he works all night to make her feel better and then the next morning they portray machi like a super selfish jerk who doesn't care that natsu worked himself dead tired to make her happy

• Locked thread