Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Super Librarian posted:

who are you banning? the only non-jungle ban I usually even consider is yasuo and that's just to stop a teammate from picking him

I'd rather knock out vi/shaco/hec/lee (lee just because he's annoying to play against)

Yasuo and Camille if I'm top lane, Blitzcrank if I'm supporting, Ahri if I'm mid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

oh yeah, I always forget about ahri because I somehow never see her in my games anymore. I want to actually see camille in-game to get used to playing against her, and as a support main I hate strong junglers more than any support I'd lane against

I am so sick of 3-5 people diving bot tower

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Super Librarian posted:

oh yeah, I always forget about ahri because I somehow never see her in my games anymore. I want to actually see camille in-game to get used to playing against her, and as a support main I hate strong junglers more than any support I'd lane against

I am so sick of 3-5 people diving bot tower

I pretty much only play Sona when I'm supporting, and I'm loving TERRIBLE at dodging skillshots, so banning Blitz is an absolute necessity.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i dislike this new illaoi E-max build for bringing the blitzcrank experience to top lane

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Aumanor posted:

I pretty much only play Sona when I'm supporting, and I'm loving TERRIBLE at dodging skillshots, so banning Blitz is an absolute necessity.

be brave! practice dodging hooks and punishing blitz while hook is on cooldown!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Blitzcrank is a good ban statistically in silver/gold, he's got a high win rate and fairly high play rate

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

Blitzcrank is a good ban statistically in silver/gold, he's got a high win rate and fairly high play rate

Agree, I would actually say he's a good ban in all elos. Blitz is strong.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Also it's funny that we have replays now. I almost can't believe it actually happened.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Also it's funny that we have replays now. I almost can't believe it actually happened.

we're getting a sandbox/practice mode too, it only took them 4 years or whatever to give in.

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
Should I be building Redemption or Locket first on supports? Does being able to actually use the Redemption passive affect this decision?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Junji Eat More posted:

Should I be building Redemption or Locket first on supports? Does being able to actually use the Redemption passive affect this decision?

no, though it is best on champions that heal and shield for sure. The item straight up is ridiculously strong and should always be built first on every single support after you finish your combined Ward/Support item in this patch.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

blitzcrank is basically the hip hop support and the dude just can not be hosed with. period.

Junji Eat More posted:

the active is ridiculous if you are good at predicting where fights are, or if your team is not stupid and fight in the heal thing.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

blitzcrank is basically the hip hop support and the dude just can not be hosed with. period.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Finally played Shyvana (for the first time ever) in the new jungle and uh, that poo poo is disgusting. While my opponent was a dubious jungling champion at best (mordekaiser), by the time he had done buff > camp > buff and was ganking top I had full cleared my entire jungle and was ready to countergank. I proceeded to dominate the entire goddamn game simply by full clearing my jungle and maybe some enemy camps before ganking whatever lane I was near and murdering everyone.

The jungle might need to be nerfed.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SaffronKit posted:

Finally played Shyvana (for the first time ever) in the new jungle and uh, that poo poo is disgusting. While my opponent was a dubious jungling champion at best (mordekaiser), by the time he had done buff > camp > buff and was ganking top I had full cleared my entire jungle and was ready to countergank. I proceeded to dominate the entire goddamn game simply by full clearing my jungle and maybe some enemy camps before ganking whatever lane I was near and murdering everyone.

The jungle might need to be nerfed.

Basically it gives too much exp and gold to fast clear/AOE junglers. So if you are one of those (hec, shyv, shaco, vi, etc.) you can dominate pretty easily.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sexpansion posted:

Basically it gives too much exp and gold to fast clear/AOE junglers. So if you are one of those (hec, shyv, shaco, etc.) you can dominate pretty easily.

Shaco is a fast clearing jungler?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SaffronKit posted:

Shaco is a fast clearing jungler?

With boxes and shiv, yeah

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i feel like we're back to everything being viable in the jungle, except sejuani

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

stump collector posted:

having literally just played a sejuani game I 100% agree, and I lover her to death.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

stump collector posted:

Thank god this is not true because they finally dumpstered Nidalee.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I was playing some normals, they banned both Lee and Eve, my two recent "gently caress around in normals" champs, so I decided to try out Kindred again (I played a lot of them before they changed... everything about the champ)

Then the loading screen started and I went "wow why are there diamond players"

I was in ranked

it did not go well, at all

Don't play Kindred.

edit: to give some more context, Kindred back closer to release was a high-early-damage champ favored by pros and high-Elo players; you could invade and duel people, then you fell off late. Think Lee/Nidalee/Graves, that sorta thing. Eight hundred nerfs and mini-reworks later, they're a farm-until-late jungle carry, which is my least-favorite kind of jungler to play

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 3, 2017

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Played Ziggs botlane for the first time. Was against a Caitlyn/Ivern lane with Sion as my support so I couldn't safely get a good push going early but god drat late game Ziggs ults are so much better than trying to auto-attack in a teamfight as contributing goes.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Played Ziggs botlane for the first time. Was against a Caitlyn/Ivern lane with Sion as my support so I couldn't safely get a good push going early but god drat late game Ziggs ults are so much better than trying to auto-attack in a teamfight as contributing goes.

Shiphtur was talking about this on stream today, saying he would prefer most mages in the botlane as opposed to an ADC. Having an AP with damage and CC in the botlane actually makes a lot of sense, it allows you to have Yasuo/Zed/Riven stuff like that in solo lanes without destroying your damage balance. Ziggs is obviously the best version of this because of his tower pushing, but I think there are other mages you could do it successfully with.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Sexpansion posted:

Shiphtur was talking about this on stream today, saying he would prefer most mages in the botlane as opposed to an ADC. Having an AP with damage and CC in the botlane actually makes a lot of sense, it allows you to have Yasuo/Zed/Riven stuff like that in solo lanes without destroying your damage balance. Ziggs is obviously the best version of this because of his tower pushing, but I think there are other mages you could do it successfully with.

I got basically forced into it because we had Riven top Lee jungle Yasuo mid.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

There are currently enough Zigg's "ADC" games to list him as the highest win rate ADC on op.gg. Amusingly Warwick doesn't have enough games to be classified as a champ that exists in LoL currently.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Came across azir in the bot lane with a zyra backing him up. I couldn't even go near my loving caster minions without losing half my hp. Also didn't help that Lee slipped the bans and wouldn't even let me farm under tower

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

stump collector
May 28, 2007

i beg for forgiveness for any differences we've had in the past

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

I like this.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tales of Woe posted:

we're getting a sandbox/practice mode too, it only took them 4 years or whatever to give in.

looking forward to custom game modes in 2023 :yeah:

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Crazy Larry posted:

There are currently enough Zigg's "ADC" games to list him as the highest win rate ADC on op.gg. Amusingly Warwick doesn't have enough games to be classified as a champ that exists in LoL currently.

That's hilarious.

ADC just feels kind of garbage. You do basically nothing in the early game, most do very little at one completed item, and some don't even get going at 2 completed items, needing 3 or more. Then your effectiveness is staved off further if the enemy team invests in some health and armour. The only point where you're undeniably strong is late game. Throughout the game you're prey for assassins, tanks, junglers, and sometimes even supports depending on circumstances. Your job is to auto attack a bunch but that's only going to happen if you manage to dance between the raindrops enough to evade basically the entire enemy team gunning for your rear end. That's IF your team can and will peel for you. It's just a very hopeful role, barring a few standouts. That's not even getting into the circumstances that create the bot lane gank festival.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovechop posted:

3 o'clock in the morning. i looked out the lane, and there was a fuckin baby in the jungle. and the baby didn't even look scared, he was just standing there. i just cranked the window open a little bit. "hey baby! baby, go home, man! it's 3 o'clock in the morning man, what the gently caress are you doing up?" the baby says, "i'm farming golems, nigga!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX5mYEnlXbg&t=158s

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I been dicking around with support malz and whose idea was it to make his R cancelable by pressing R again I have blown so many combos by spazzing out and hitting r twice.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Camel Camus posted:

I been dicking around with support malz and whose idea was it to make his R cancelable by pressing R again I have blown so many combos by spazzing out and hitting r twice.

does it also cancel if you click to move?

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I think so. I think it cancels if you press another ability that's not on cool down, too.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Camel Camus posted:

cancelling malzahars ult can be useful... say an ashe ult is coming for you for instance. it might seem like a bad qol thing but it actually does matter. just practice basic combos and skill rotations in a bot game or whatever, you do not need to get it frame perfect and be able to perform the combos blindfolded with boxing gloves, just enough that you are not literally button mashing in fights

Orv
May 4, 2011

Orv posted:

I would argue that as a Malz against a 5-0 Shaco, existing on the map is overextending.

Follow up to this, I just had a Shaco purposely sacrifice his clone to the Malz ult, and place a box behind Malz so he got feared back into the box triangle when the clone died. Smooth motherfucker.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
warmogs is so awesome now. its amazing if you like to play dumb tank mans who jump into the entire enemy at a bad timing.

when did they change it to be this awesome?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Slaapaav posted:

warmogs is so awesome now. its amazing if you like to play dumb tank mans who jump into the entire enemy at a bad timing.

when did they change it to be this awesome?

Were you super ahead? Cause warmogs has always made you feel invulnerable if you're up a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i was thrusting my spear pretty heavily into people with xin zhao yeah

• Locked thread