Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

El Burbo posted:

this is where i stopped, yeah

:same:
Extra glad I did now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

when is this happening?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
So watching Berzerk for the first time (I got the movie collection for cheap) and while I really enjoyed it (despite the bad CG) hollllllly poo poo that final movie

Like, I know we're in hell and that ending was meant to be horrifying and show how evil Griffith is but that loving rape scene goes on way too loving long, that's a one and done on watching that movie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah for some reason a lot of berserk stuff tries to have casca fanservice? i guess because she's like the only major adult female character. but, like, no, berserk musou, i dont want a dlc costume of her in a wet white dress, that's terrible.

anyway in the manga it's just a few pages spread out across the entire scene, it's still kind of hosed up but i can at least get what miura's going for.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

shinji always gets the best servants...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fate/extra shinji is 8 years old....

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

that doesnt change what i said though

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Endorph posted:

The show is about the main character being torn between wanting to live in the city and her life our in the sticks. In the final episode she goes to the city, assumes everyone is making fun of her and laughing at her and, traumatized and ashamed, runs back home, where all her caretakers and friends, who know that nobody was laughing at her, encourage her to never go to the city again because everyone will laugh at her. This is played for comedy, instead of being insanely hosed up.

Another theory is that the mountain gods (who in traditional Japanese literature are usually portrayed as cruel and jealous, or so I've read) aren't about to let their cute little miko go anywhere -- and all those things that seem at first glance to be her social anxiety driving her imagination wild are actually visions that the gods are putting her through to drive her back to the mountains. So all that stuff is actually happening to her (in this interpretation).

Even without that interpretation, what the actual people around her put her through, what with an adult male literally ripping her clothes off, an adult female beating her, and the bear she grew up with using her ignorance of the city to manipulate her at every turn it was still pretty much child abuse every day.

The bear didn't gently caress her, but everyone metaphorically hosed her over.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

wheelgun wielder posted:

Another theory is that the mountain gods (who in traditional Japanese literature are usually portrayed as cruel and jealous, or so I've read) aren't about to let their cute little miko go anywhere -- and all those things that seem at first glance to be her social anxiety driving her imagination wild are actually visions that the gods are putting her through to drive her back to the mountains. So all that stuff is actually happening to her (in this interpretation).

Even without that interpretation, what the actual people around her put her through, what with an adult male literally ripping her clothes off, an adult female beating her, and the bear she grew up with using her ignorance of the city to manipulate her at every turn it was still pretty much child abuse every day.

:yikes:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

wheelgun wielder posted:

Eeeeyugh. And this is all played for comedy?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its not good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Eeeeyugh. And this is all played for comedy?

there's also a scene where they show how the village disciplines children by locking them in a cave with a bear

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

when is this happening?

this Sunday, once the few shows that air that day are up. so likely in the afternoon

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Endorph posted:

its not good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A criminal bear

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The manga is pretty good though, so anyone who thought fluffy talking bear antics sounded good should go read that instead.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:kimchi:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

...and then she gets abducted by aliens.

I think. It's been a while since I watched that one.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Argh all my old hidamari webms are blocked on this wifi, boooo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Did the hidamaros ever kiss?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Da fuzzy socks :3:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
and why exactly does that bucket have a leg, and an eye

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

and why exactly does that bucket have a leg, and an eye

its a lantern, and also one of these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Why does one of the girls have a third arm growing out of her back?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

StandardVC10 posted:

Why does one of the girls have a third arm growing out of her back?

To me it looks like a severed arm in the bucket with her

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Red Minjo posted:

To me it looks like a severed arm in the bucket with her

Spooky in either case, imo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

what's that

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Yesterday wo Utatte. I've sampled it off and on for the past couple of years, it hews to a certain kind of romantic relationship realism aesthetic, but I still don't think it needs to be 100 chapters long

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its not!!!

its
Mahoromi - Jikuu Kenchiku Genshitan

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://my.mixtape.moe/tasiws.webm

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Coaaab posted:

Yesterday wo Utatte. I've sampled it off and on for the past couple of years, it hews to a certain kind of romantic relationship realism aesthetic, but I still don't think it needs to be 100 chapters long

vv

Davincie posted:

its not!!!

its

Though I dropped SYFM a few years back ('round 50 or so), I want to catch up. 'S a pretty good manga, though yeah. I don't think it should be quite so long.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Owned

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Davincie posted:

its not!!!

its
smh @ myself

e: i feel a lllliitttle bit better that i didn't pick the wrong artist (b/c of rodenthar's earlier post)

Coaaab fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 4, 2017

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

he gets with the red haired one in the end instead right

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue