Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

I started using a Raging Bull/Attacker build for general farming. It's pretty insane. Even with having to play more cautious, it is undeniably much faster. Doing as much damage to armored enemies as I was doing to unarmored enemies before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What kind of weapon are you using, AR? Wouldn't a hater with a nailgun shut that down pretty quickly?

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

DaveKap posted:

Can you explain the "bring uncooked snail or pillbug" aspect of getting these 3 golden snails?
Edit: Ugh, Okusa is locked from below so I can't get in anyway.
Edit2: Any way of refreshing the expedition list so I can try getting folks to Okusa?
Edit3: I guess closing and opening the fridge's doors works fine!

I'm a day or two late here, but:

The three golden snails hanging out in Okusa are always on the walls over a fire pit.
The only way to knock them down without killing them is to throw another (uncooked) snail or an uncooked pillbug at them.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

What kind of weapon are you using, AR? Wouldn't a hater with a nailgun shut that down pretty quickly?

I bring an iron and a katana from the shop but mostly use what drops or my fists. I also usually keep one pitching machine on me since they drop all over. I did run in to the npc hater with the nailgun/welder combo doing this but the nailgun did very little damage from the one time he hit me. Raging Bull is defense in addition to attack. Anyway, only need to poison a hater once with a chopper or claw on hand then the fight is over. Just hide around the corner till he comes close. Or run in a circle around him until he needs to reload.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
HOW THE gently caress DO I BEAT THE 40F BOSS

all my equipment is outside the sumo arena and I cant get it back!

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
So I got mastery for the iron, hammer, firework gun and buzzsaw. Is there other early game weapons I should grind out before moving on? I found a Longsword and some Machetes but I need to find their blueprints still, I don't even know if they're good really cause I don't want to break them just farming stuff

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

FrickenMoron posted:

HOW THE gently caress DO I BEAT THE 40F BOSS

all my equipment is outside the sumo arena and I cant get it back!

When you kill the haters with your equipment you have some time to hop down to grab poo poo if they've fallen out without anything happening. Then the cutscene will put you back on the platform. I assume you mean you're at Coen already though. I don't know, going to take a long rear end time to punch him to death. If you can, you'll get your other stuff back and be able to recover the other poo poo though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I just quit. I just knew the lovely gimmick ahead of time, I lost all my good mushrooms lol.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So is there a recommended weapon for 31F and up? I eventually got the cleaver saber going though it took countless Kawabe runs to get a MILK black, and I eventually just pressed on and did all of 25-30F with a pair of +0 Cleaver Sabers. Worked out pretty well, though I was still in my 2* armor so things got a bit rough at times. I've got a pork chopper made and it seems pretty good, is there a better choice for these floors? I'm way behind on armor at this point, is there some set I can get without grinding Kawabe for eternity?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Do:
Motor Psycho
Pork Chopper
Masamune
Pitching Machine
Bowling Ball
Cleaver Saber
Don't:
Anything else, because their final forms have the damage falloff bug.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 3, 2017

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
What's that bug, exactly? Does the damage drop faster than it's supposed to?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Shadowbag posted:

What's that bug, exactly? Does the damage drop faster than it's supposed to?

A 4-star weapon will keep its usefulness throughout its entire durability bar. For example, a Pork Chopper+ starts at 1000 damage, and when it's a hit away from breaking it'll be around 500 damage.
The 5-star weapons, however, go from full damage at full durability all the way to zero damage at zero durability. So after a few hits you're already doing way less damage than the 4-star weapon would be doing.

A question, is there any point in getting the Pork Chopper+ to +4? The normal Pork Chopper was getting increases of 100 every upgrade, now it's like 40 each. And I'm not farming red metal for 40 damage increases.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
jesus christ a loving Jackal showed up on floor 2 while I was trying to do the no rolling quest while leveling a new character

This poo poo is retarded, I think I had already failed the quest anyway since there was a Hater that had already killed an enemy before I got there, blah

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

HellCopter posted:

A 4-star weapon will keep its usefulness throughout its entire durability bar. For example, a Pork Chopper+ starts at 1000 damage, and when it's a hit away from breaking it'll be around 500 damage.
The 5-star weapons, however, go from full damage at full durability all the way to zero damage at zero durability. So after a few hits you're already doing way less damage than the 4-star weapon would be doing.
Is this a verified bug and not a feature? Sounds like a feature. A really bad feature. Just like the quests getting interrupted by haters "feature" is a bad feature.
I ask because if it's unverified, I wonder if the twitter account will respond.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

DaveKap posted:

Is this a verified bug and not a feature? Sounds like a feature. A really bad feature. Just like the quests getting interrupted by haters "feature" is a bad feature.
I ask because if it's unverified, I wonder if the twitter account will respond.

Or is the "correct" damage falloff actually the feature we're dealing with :ohdear:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Okay.

This is like the 4th time in a row that I'm trying to do this quest and some stupid bot Hater kills enemies before I do

Who thought this was a good idea

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

HellCopter posted:

A question, is there any point in getting the Pork Chopper+ to +4? The normal Pork Chopper was getting increases of 100 every upgrade, now it's like 40 each. And I'm not farming red metal for 40 damage increases.

They do gain durability with every + but exactly how much? I dunno! Besides, 5-star might actually be good at some point. And if you use them on defense or hunting, the quick degradation doesn't really matter. So no terribly compelling arguments but they are there.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

HoneyBoy posted:

Okay.

This is like the 4th time in a row that I'm trying to do this quest and some stupid bot Hater kills enemies before I do

Who thought this was a good idea

I mean, yeah it sucks. I don't do those quests. But you are rushing straight to the hater spawns, right? You gotta know where they are and beeline there.

If you are doing that and it still keeps happening, yeah that's lame :(

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Snak posted:

I mean, yeah it sucks. I don't do those quests. But you are rushing straight to the hater spawns, right? You gotta know where they are and beeline there.

If you are doing that and it still keeps happening, yeah that's lame :(

One of them spawns in that watery area with 4 other enemies so by the time I get there it's already a brawl, I think they're random spawns right? Another one spawns around the corner with other enemies

Even when I think I might have it, I find a pile of coins somewhere, I swear these fucks wander around picking fights though

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

HoneyBoy posted:

One of them spawns in that watery area with 4 other enemies so by the time I get there it's already a brawl, I think they're random spawns right? Another one spawns around the corner with other enemies

Even when I think I might have it, I find a pile of coins somewhere, I swear these fucks wander around picking fights though
According to the lore, those haters actually are trying to reach the top of the tower like everyone else so, yeah, they're picking fights.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think haters patrol, though. In my experience they have fixed spawn points, but will aggro to anything that comes into their line of sight. Since some screamers patrol, haters can end up getting pulled pretty far away from their spawn, but when they have run out of things to aggro to, they will walk back to their spawn.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So uh... is the best way to deal with GOTO-9 early on just use a Transparangus? Because the one on 11F just took my high level Striker out and I had no idea when to attack aside from waiting on the ground pound.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

widespread posted:

So uh... is the best way to deal with GOTO-9 early on just use a Transparangus? Because the one on 11F just took my high level Striker out and I had no idea when to attack aside from waiting on the ground pound.
I freakin' attacked GOTO-9 while it had its aura up... twice... and whooped its rear end whenever it ground pounded and stuck its tongue out. I am so curious what is deadly about GOTO-9 because I haven't been hit by it yet.
That said, JIN-DIE took all my items the first time I met her. Hard lesson to learn.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

DaveKap posted:

I freakin' attacked GOTO-9 while it had its aura up... twice... and whooped its rear end whenever it ground pounded and stuck its tongue out. I am so curious what is deadly about GOTO-9 because I haven't been hit by it yet.
That said, JIN-DIE took all my items the first time I met her. Hard lesson to learn.

Might just be the Ground Pound that fucks me over. Or any ideas that it'll hit me as I try to get it on the side.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
JIN-DIE and her vomit laser hits me far more often than it really should. And her rail-gunned skulls too.

Ironing her out is a perfectly quick way to do it though.

EDIT: ^ GOTO-9's ground pound is a lot like Coen's, to be honest. Train against him and you should be able to just hover out of range before slashing in.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Sage Grimm posted:

EDIT: ^ GOTO-9's ground pound is a lot like Coen's, to be honest. Train against him and you should be able to just hover out of range before slashing in.
This is probably why I did fine against GOTO-9, I can kill Coen in my sleep.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

Soiled Meat
You guys know about the stingshroom trick for GOTO, right? When his aura goes up, toss a stingshroom onto the floor. He'll eat it, roll into a wall and fall over so you can get some free hits in.

Apart from that, just sidestrafe him, get a hit in when he tries barfing or tongue-whip, get a few more in when he jumps. :shrug:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I feel a little bad for sending out my expedition fighter with a fully mastered +61% damage hammer, but I don't feel bad enough to stop.

Edit: Also it's pretty funny that the shopowner gets jealous when you go to the secret shop.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 4, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Do the blueprints from the moving shop ever show up as random drops?

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Yes, they are normal blueprints.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
In fact it only sells blueprints you haven't found yet.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I've been wasting all my time grinding money to buy all the blueprints on lower levels =/

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
And he has the best baby buddy. :3:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sage Grimm posted:

And he has the best baby buddy. :3:

He does!

Megaflare posted:

Yes, they are normal blueprints.

Thanks. He's had the same 3 blueprints the last few times I can remember, so I wasn't sure.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I bought the Rogue helmet blueprint myself because it looks neat and I had money to spend.

I got 3 level 25 characters, send 2 of them out on expeditions while I scour the lower levels and upgrade stuff. A lot of the Haters I encounter or raid have like no weapon mastery or low gear it seems? That's the first thing I worked on and it seems to put you another level above just a maxed out early-game character. I took out a waiting room with 5 guys in it and their stuff melted to my iron.

I'm still apprehensive to move on because I love getting all my ducks in a row. I guess I'll see what all the fuss is with floor 10 now, wish me luck yall.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you can, grab a few golden frogs, or rats. They'll make post floor 10 a bit easier.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

FrickenMoron posted:

Do:
Motor Psycho
Pork Chopper
Masamune
Pitching Machine
Bowling Ball
Cleaver Saber
Don't:
Anything else, because their final forms have the damage falloff bug.
You forgot Death Burner. Only needs a single red metal to melt all the 30+ bosses, including Gunkanyama, in seconds.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Does the Cleaver Saber make f23 goto farmable? I wanna start farming him to add some variety to my kawabe farming but I don't want to slog through his fight again.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The saber is incredibly bad vs goto because it's highly resistant to slash damage. And elec, it seems. Honestly, I started farming it once I got the pork chopper. If you get the saber to +4 its serviceable, but you're still gonna need shrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Well, ran into this bug but thankfully it was funny and didn't force me to kill myself to unlock the game or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptqtsFzYDsI

• Locked thread