Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Sickening posted:

Rudy has a warehouse I assume. He also owns a store. He is actually someone who makes money with these things. Don't confuse him with idiots doing buyouts on tcgplayer.

I'd love to see some data on how much money so-called "speculators" make from actually buying and selling cards, vs. being paid content creators for sites that appeal to speculators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I'd love to see some data on how much money so-called "speculators" make from actually buying and selling cards, vs. being paid content creators for sites that appeal to speculators.

I suspect the answer is negative and 0 respectively.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

energy is super cool and fun except aetherworks marvel, because they put in a lot of cool payoff cards for energy like architect of the untamed and aethersquall ancient, but it turns out the best payoff is just Emrakul

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Rents storage units for "deep storage" if I recall correctly. If anything, the way he pulls things out of storage for video backdrops is the silly part, but they are frequently entertaining so I can't criticize. Those particular Origins boxes are being shipped to his Patreon supporters at what is essentially a loss. Makes for a funny caption though.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm interested in the plane that Ajani wants to regroup on.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Dammit Gatewatch, Bolas can wait, I want to go back to Dominaria.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Yes, this seems fine and not at all calculated to cause a bunch of shenanigans.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Angry Grimace posted:

Put the Zen fetches in the next block please. Might as well go full absurdity since standard is so lovely right now.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 4, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wow, what a tease. Go back to Dominaria you fucks!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oooh, would ramp if fetches were still in standard.

edit: Well yes, Evolving Wilds, but playing this on turn 3 and having 4 lands in play would be nicer, obviously.

odiv fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 4, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

odiv posted:

Oooh, would ramp if fetches were still in standard.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
+

:barf:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Not even the best 2 drop it can grab in decks that can get g/w. Still probably won't see play in modern though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

They are really pushing Revolt, huh? Not that I'm complaining, though I like Push a lot more than more GW value dudes. At least this guy isn't a 2/3!

e: ^^ I could see this showing up in Naya Zoo or Company or whatever equivalent that has nowadays, even if it's only a t2 deck. Being able to grab a goyf or even just another fetch, and it works off of Collected Company too...

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 4, 2017

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Sickening posted:

Not even the best 2 drop it can grab in decks that can get g/w. Still probably won't see play in modern though.

No, just the first degenerate thing I thought of.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Sickening posted:

It's best shot is in Evolution/CoCo decks that run Melira combo, since you can evolution a birds into this and grab Melira or Seer back out of the bin.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

They really need to step back and reconsider their stance on dumb value guys.

This one would have been comically degenerate if Birthing Pod was still legal.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

Flip Jace, this, bring back what you pitched with Jace?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Or just use it to ramp yourself and get a 3/2, this thing's a little crazy

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Okay, it putting a land into play is a little crazy and wasn't something I considered. This might be modern playable.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

Okay, it putting a land into play is a little crazy and wasn't something I considered. This might be modern playable.

Put it in Abzan Company! :getin:

DreamScythe
Jul 25, 2007
Seems like phantasmal image has a new buddy

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Angry Grimace posted:

Sac Arcbound Ravager to itself, then play this.

Totally gonna sleeve this up in Affinity.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DreamScythe posted:

Seems like phantasmal image has a new buddy

That loops with a sac outlet doesn't it?

E: I mean I think you need two Image to do it but still

DreamScythe
Jul 25, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

You'll need a second image, but yeah...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

TheKingofSprings posted:

It targets when it comes into play, so you'd need two images to make it loop.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'm just saying, Voice ---> Pod ---> sac Voice to Pod ----> This guy would have been the grossest loving line of play in existence.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm just saying, Voice ---> Pod ---> sac Voice to Pod ----> This guy would have been the grossest loving line of play in existence.

Rememberwhen they said pod single handedly poo poo on their ability to make good creatures with strong effects?
This might be why.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

All I'm saying is, maybe WOTC's goal was to craft a Standard environment where you really missed having Thoughtseize around.

Count Bleck posted:

Rememberwhen they said pod single handedly poo poo on their ability to make good creatures with strong effects?
This might be why.

Yeah, because random 3 drops making GBS threads value all over the goddamn board is so much better. :v:

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 4, 2017

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

The land thing is what makes me want to try these in gw hatebears.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

All I'm saying is, maybe WOTC's goal was to craft a Standard environment where you really missed having Thoughtseize around.

Yeah, because random 3 drops making GBS threads value all over the goddamn board is so much better. :v:

I mean I miss pod, so.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

gently caress saccing Selfless Spirit and then this will be poo poo enough.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

GoutPatrol posted:

gently caress saccing Selfless Spirit and then this will be poo poo enough.

1. Sac Selfless Spirit.
2. Get Selfless Spirit back.
3. What was the point of this?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

How about doing that with Eldrich Evo?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

suicidesteve posted:

1. Sac Selfless Spirit.

Make your team indestructible, swing without fear, get it back to do it again next turn?

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.

Angry Grimace posted:

This guy is clearly mounted, shouldn't he be a knight instead of a warrior?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Blows my mind that Push and this dude were printed when fetchlands exist.

I mean yeah they don't balance around modern supposedly but jesus christ the sheer unmitigated value. Both being uncommons is rad as gently caress though.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Blows my mind that Push and this dude were printed when fetchlands exist.

I mean yeah they don't balance around modern supposedly but jesus christ the sheer unmitigated value. Both being uncommons is rad as gently caress though.

I get push being uncommon, but this guy? i totally dig it though.

suicidesteve posted:

1. Sac Selfless Spirit.

I feel like the point of playing selfless spirit is that you are probably going to end up saccing it. Hopefully getting value out of it. Now you have a creature that not only gets you the card back, but also puts it into play in a slightly aggressive body? Card seems better every time I look at it. In standard it just depends on how good the targets are going to be and the decks that might be able to run all of it. I feel like unless we get artifact destruction at instant speed that is less than 3 cmc decks like this aren't going to matter.

In modern, I dont' feel like its a 4 of but it feels like its a very flexible creature that plays the colors and uses ramp and/or coco.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 4, 2017

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

say no to scurvy posted:

This guy is clearly mounted, shouldn't he be a knight instead of a warrior?

Didn't want to give him first strike, then it really be ba-roken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Seems good in a lot of toolbox decks. Even saccing horizon canopy and getting it back doesn't suck.

• Locked thread