Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Improbable Lobster posted:

holographic keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

"Hey honey? I got your text, I'm going to text you back. No, it's cool stay there and keep an eye on our giant litter box, I want to try out my new holo-keyboard keychain."

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

well yeah, the keyboard is for texting, the litter box is for posting

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

that can all go straight to hell. please dont violate the sanctity of this thread any longer.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

b0red posted:

lol to anyone who shits on topre and hasn't spent a week or two on it

I've never used a Topre keyboard and I'm sure they feel like garbage compared to my 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓢𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

there's apparently an analog keyboard coming out

at least some of the keys have continuous sensing as they travel and can interface with games like a controller?

the demo video had someone moving very slowly in overwatch by lightly touching the key

i'd like one of those but only the left-hand half of the keyboard because i already have a good board

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I remember the hype for LAZER KEYBOARDS when they were first announced, it lasted until the first review units arrived and everyone realised that hammering your fingertips on a hard surface all day loving sucks.

It only sort of works for tablets and phone screens because you rarely type more than a single line of text on them but I'm worried about the next generation growing up without real computers, they're all going to become imbeciles.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

atomicthumbs posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wooting/the-analog-mechanical-keyboard-for-precise-movemen

I hope it will support adjusting the font size by how hard you press each key.
Even just toggling upper and lower case by a soft or hard press would be a pretty neat way to type.

It's a kickstarter though so don't get your hopes up.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
interesting idea but whats the fingerfeel gon be like

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

Even just toggling upper and lower case by a soft or hard press would be a pretty neat way to type.

are you an idiot my keypress varies from letter to letter. can't wait to have mY keYbOarD decidInG hOW i shOulD WRITe woRds

Roosevelt fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jan 1, 2017

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

echinopsis posted:

prepare to vom

pretty typical red switch owner I imagine

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

r u ready to WALK posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wooting/the-analog-mechanical-keyboard-for-precise-movemen

It's a kickstarter though so don't get your hopes up.

This would be the only time I'd consider getting linear switches

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

atomicthumbs posted:

I've never used a Topre keyboard and I'm sure they feel like garbage compared to my SAIA  BURGESS  G3  LOW  FORCE  MICROSWITCHES

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
I'm putting together a home office setup, since I'll be able to work from home a lot more often now. I have a full size CODE with Cherry Clears at the office, but all those sexy assdrop keyboards (e.g. Whitefox) is making me want to do something a bit more different and compact at home.

I keep coming back to: 10-keyless CODE with Cherry Clears, and I feel so ashamed of being so boring. :negative:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's
not boring it's solid

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

But how can one say if the Code w/ Clears is the one-true-keyboard without a frame of reference?

What I'm really saying is that I need some multicolor led gamer trash razer with red switches. It needs to dominate the interior design of my studio. It needs to have its own fedora.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's called self confidence. you don't need to convince the world.. you just need to be happy in yourself.

I mean, if you really want, put your keyboard in your tinder profile and then jump on board and see how you get with that. it'll do wonders for your self esteem and you will then know you've achieved greatness

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Listen: nobody is having sex with my keyboard except me.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Salt Fish posted:

Listen: nobody is having sex with my keyboard except me.

buddy,

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Please don't use my keyboard to email your wife.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i love my code kb w/clears

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i don't understand why there aren't more people making kinesis/maltron clones

once you go bowls you never go back

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Some of us like to use our keyboards to do actual work (video gaming), thank you very much

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the most unrealistic thing about westworld was that bernard was using a soft keyboard to do real work in their own office. that would only be acceptable for field work or diagnostics. real tip off that bernie was a host.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

ArmZ posted:

the most unrealistic thing about westworld was that bernard was using a soft keyboard to do real work in their own office. that would only be acceptable for field work or diagnostics. real tip off that bernie was a host.

I bet ford had a mechanical keyboard, he seemed like this kind of rear end in a top hat

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Symbolic Butt posted:

I bet ford had a mechanical keyboard, he seemed like this kind of rear end in a top hat

we only ever saw ford using speech commands

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Henry chord

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

Henry chord

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

at least some of the keys have continuous sensing as they travel and can interface with games like a controller?

the demo video had someone moving very slowly in overwatch by lightly touching the key

i'd like one of those but only the left-hand half of the keyboard because i already have a good board

i hope it's steam punk themed

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

just make you're own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEwDImE0DU4

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

"that's cool"

i say as i plug my xbox pad into a usb port and instantly pwn noobs and take bong hits whilst you toil away at your workbench

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it's a fact.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311734384230?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

what's the deal with cherry mx 'silent' switches

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
iirc they're modified blacks or reds to be silent... no fingerfeel tho

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

sounds like they're a big bunch of poo poo to me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
personal shame : haven't tried greens

clues with the actuation pressure of clears essentially

think is for me : like mx boards.. it's a sweet as gently caress clack. don't get me wrong - model ms feel good to type on.. but they are an old
keyboard/ haven't moved with the times

blues aren't the same tho: they are a distinct plastic click sound: like flicking a small bit of plastic

i like my sounds warm and mellow

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
greens feel quite a bit different from clears IMO, the actuation is like 80cn vs 65 for clears, but the bottom out for both is around 100cn

they are still super sweet though and you should get them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

echinopsis posted:

personal shame : haven't tried greens
blues aren't the same tho: they are a distinct plastic click sound: like flicking a small bit of plastic

My code is all greens. Theyre good, better than blues, but still have that plastic sound/feel

echinopsis posted:

think is for me : like mx boards.. it's a sweet as gently caress clack. don't get me wrong - model ms feel good to type on.. but they are an old
keyboard/ haven't moved with the times

this is incorrect, they're actually ownage and the "ultra classic" version has a very modern footprint

I got elder postsman a unicomp for yosmas this year :ohdearsass: come vindicate my opinion, postsman

• Locked thread