Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Wow that guy is human garbage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

and sometimes it's not just black people who assume everyone is white, I got into an e slap fight with tiny Bronto in the negrotown thread when she assumed I was white lol

tiny bronto is almost certainly a rereg of slashie, a rich white woman with crazy anger problems

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

DrManiac posted:

Holy gently caress he doubles down on being a terrible human being in the update

http://archive.is/wXP30#selection-2119.0-2119.81

I had to stop reading to protect my own sanity, holy cow. I'm with whoever said that the kid is better off without him, though.

boner confessor posted:

tiny bronto is almost certainly a rereg of slashie, a rich white woman with crazy anger problems

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I'm no fan of Tiny Bronto to be clear

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DrManiac posted:

Holy gently caress he doubles down on being a terrible human being in the update

im not so sure, he's doing what he has to for the sake of the kid who he claims as his own. a teenage girl who may possibly be his bio daughter on the other side of the country doesn't mean as much as the kid he chose to have with the partner he chose. yeah sleeping around as a teenager was stupid, teenagers are stupid, but you can't blame him really for feeling nothing here given that the mother didn't ever push him to acknowledge paternity, ask for support, or even try to maintain contact. it's cold blooded but it makes sense at least

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

yeah, they post exactly the same way and make the same claims

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

boner confessor posted:

im not so sure, he's doing what he has to for the sake of the kid who he claims as his own. a teenage girl who may possibly be his bio daughter on the other side of the country doesn't mean as much as the kid he chose to have with the partner he chose. yeah sleeping around as a teenager was stupid, teenagers are stupid, but you can't blame him really for feeling nothing here given that the mother didn't ever push him to acknowledge paternity, ask for support, or even try to maintain contact. it's cold blooded but it makes sense at least

Wouldn't that all go out the window for you if your own child reached out in pain and anger?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pick posted:

yeah, they post exactly the same way and make the same claims

And has admitted to being Slashie
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678222&userid=203625

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Eldred posted:

Wouldn't that all go out the window for you if your own child reached out in pain and anger?

Apparently loving not

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Eldred posted:

Just out of curiosity, what makes you say that? I'm no fan of Tiny Bronto to be clear

mostly there's nobody new signing up for this dead gay forum, any new account is extremely likely to be a rereg of a known poster and slashie posts the exact same as tiny bronto, which is reasonable until there's a hint of dissent and then she's at your throat with a knife. she's internet notorious for her terrible anger problems and destroying offsites through political drama

also she basically admitted it here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678222&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post437164759

Eldred posted:

i dunno, i've never been in the situation where someone who claimed to be pregnant by me was told in no uncertain terms that i was not willing to be a father and then they basically vanished. i mean it's not even certain the kid is his

besides, what kind of relationship would they even have? "hey there kiddo, it's me, the man who ruined your life for years as your mother constantly told you all about the nice things you would have if only i hadn't abandonded the both of you and taken a radically different life path. wanna go get some ice cream?" like when i think of people who are approachable, reasonable, and diplomatic, i think pubescent teenager with likely daddy issues

e: dude's a fucker for sure but he was a bigger fucker when he was 19 and walking away from a kid than he is now when he's balancing his obligations between his infant and his probable teenager daughter who lives far away who he's never met

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 4, 2017

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Zelder posted:

I just realized polyamory is power gaming but for relationships.

Yeah, but people going into poly don't comb the CharOp boards for days at a time before even considering a build. They don't then outline a development roadmap to get the waypoint goals set up. (I want x thing by 5th level, I need y and z for this sweet, OP combo) There's no research put into what sort of equipment or spells are going to make the build work/ Poly people don't then bang out the build in a test environment and run a few what if? scenarios just to see if there's anything glaringly obviously wrong going on. They certainly don't then take that build to a friendly, low-stress environment for a maiden voyage (often toning things down a bit not to outshine the rest of the players if you're doing tabletop). No, they just post, "should I do poly?" and jump right into the big leagues with their level 0 naked human with no class and try to do end-game content with Elminster and Thrall and Conan and poo poo and they expect to excel. Shameful.

Then again, I realized most powergamers don't do that either. Maybe I have a problem.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

boner confessor posted:

i dunno, i've never been in the situation where someone who claimed to be pregnant by me was told in no uncertain terms that i was not willing to be a father and then they basically vanished. i mean it's not even certain the kid is his

besides, what kind of relationship would they even have? "hey there kiddo, it's me, the man who ruined your life for years as your mother constantly told you all about the nice things you would have if only i hadn't abandonded the both of you and taken a radically different life path. wanna go get some ice cream?" like when i think of people who are approachable, reasonable, and diplomatic, i think pubescent teenager with likely daddy issues

e: dude's a fucker for sure but he was a bigger fucker when he was 19 and walking away from a kid than he is now when he's balancing his obligations between his infant and his probable teenager daughter who lives far away who he's never met

It doesn't really matter. If the kid is his and the mother asks for child support now, he's got aaaaaaaaaallllllllll of the backpay due. The courts don't take no for an answer. They will garnish your wages if they have to. That's right off the top before your money even leaves the employer.

E: he didn't want the kid sure. They might have even had a verbal agreement about no child support, but that doesn't mean anything in court.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pvt.Scott posted:

It doesn't really matter. If the kid is his and the mother asks for child support now, he's got aaaaaaaaaallllllllll of the backpay due. The courts don't take no for an answer. They will garnish your wages if they have to. That's right off the top before your money even leaves the employer.

yeah, like he's not just being an rear end in a top hat for the sake of it, if he doesn't legally protect himself he could end up facing tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines which would profoundly impact his other child's future. so he's not purely abandoning one child (any more than he already has for years and years) so much as choosing between children

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: he didn't want the kid sure. They might have even had a verbal agreement about no child support, but that doesn't mean anything in court.

mom would have to fight to establish paternity in court. when a kid is born the husband of the mother is filled out on the birth cert, or if unmarried the dad has to be there to tick the "i am the father of this child" box. you can't just put bill gates' name in there or whatever. without acknowledged paternity she'd have to take him to court to establish it through dna testing, which would probably be expensive as piss, and if she hadn't bothered for so long to even maintain contact let alone ask for support that's probably too much effort versus just telling the daughter what a deadbeat the maybe daddy is

like if the guy just left the kid at home one day to go get smokes and never went back then he'd be nailed to the wall in court, but since paternity was never established and he never even met the kid let alone assumed fatherly responsibility that makes things much trickier

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 4, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

boner confessor posted:

tiny bronto is almost certainly a rereg of slashie
1. She is slashie, no doubt
2. Don't talk about her here please

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pvt.Scott posted:

That's what I thought too but it looks like the lawyer he is talking to is saying that if he just stonewalls hard enough he might get off scott free?

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

I know youse goons don't like the sad ones but...Jesus Christ:

I (43F) have been diagnosed with cancer. Drs say I have a 70% chance of survival but I have chosen not to treat it. My life has been awful and I am done. Please help me help my friends understand.

quote:

First of all my decision is made. I am not looking for anyone to tell me there's hope and life is beautiful. You may feel that way, and that's perfectly fine if you do. I do not. My mind is made up.

Let's begin at the beginning, shall we?

My mother was a narcissist. Well, still is, but we haven't spoken since I was 20 and she murdered my brother. He was 17. I know she did it, she was terribly, horribly violent and had brutally assaulted and threatened to kill me several times. My brother had called me the night before, hysterical, because he had just found out she had spent his entire college fund. *30k, gone. I could hear her laughing about it in the background. How it was always her money. The next day my brother "fell" down the stairs, broke his neck, dead instantly. She was investigated and I told everything I knew, but it was ultimately ruled an accidental death.

So yeah, my childhood was super fun. I don't want to get in a e-penis measuring contest, and especially not about something like this, but I'm pretty sure if you were in an abusive home as a child, mine was worse. I spent 3 months in a coma due to another "accident", if you wondered, I'm blind in one eye because of it, because you can't see out of a glass eye, and I have a seizure disorder also due to it. My short term memory glitches quite often. I'll say something or ask a question, immediately forget I had done so, say or ask again, forget, say or ask again, like a skipping record in my head. I have spasticity in my right arm - I'm right handed. Or was. Whatever.

There is a lot I can't do because of those things. I am not legally allowed to drive because of my seizures, there are many jobs I can't take. I'm a manager at a big box retail store, which is exactly the dream I had for myself as a child. I tried taking classes at a community college, due to the added stress my seizures and memory issues went through the roof, I finished 1 semester with Cs and Ds.

I've had 3 relationships, all abusive. I sought therapy after the first. I was in therapy for, I kid you not 7 years. I felt I had made HUGE amounts of progress, really grown as a person, finally understood what was and was not ok in any kind of relationship. I was entirely single for that whole time.

.....and then found another abuser.

Repeat therapy process for another 2 years.

....and another one.

That one unrecoverably destroyed my finances. Everything is now in collections, litigation, or wage garnishment and I can't fix it.

My life consists of working and coming home to my 2 cats. I have no future. Obviously a relationship isn't an option for me because my brain is so broken even severe abuse looks like rainbows and puppydogs. I'm super easy to gaslight and make fun of because I can't remember more than 10 minutes at a time most days. I'm a cripple, I don't get to choose.

I bring nothing to the table. Hell, I would probably abuse me too. I'm trash.

I do get together twice a week with a gaming group I met during my semester in school. They feel sorry for me I guess, and dumb down the game so I can play too. I know they meet more often and do tournaments and things, but I can't do those, so I get 2 nights where they feel sorry for the brain damaged cripple and include me. How nice of them. But I would have zero social interaction without it, so I jump right on those crumbs. They spend a couple hours basically playing the game for me and that's that.

A few months ago I wasn't feeling well - haha I never really feel well - I mean worse than usual. I thought I was getting a stomach flu, I had felt nauseous and had bathroom issues for a few days. Well, long story short I threw up blood all over the carpet, and I have stomach cancer.

They only know because the friend who drove me to the hospital overheard the doctor discussing my CT scan results.

It's treatable but I don't want to. These "friends" now keep telling me what I should do, I have my whole life ahead of me yay gently caress cancer! For me, its a get out of jail free card. Without treatment I have about 2 years. And then I'm out of this busted shell of a body and my broken brain won't be an issue anymore.

We don't game anymore. It's just Let's Do Cancer Research or Let's Convince OP to "Keep Trying!". Nothing will get better. This is it. This is my life. My seizures and memory won't improve. My arm won't improve. My judgement won't improve. My finances won't improve. Oh, but my CATS need me! Number one, no they loving don't and number two, no they loving don't. They're cats. They'll be fine. They only "need" m because they have nowhere else to go after I'm gone and that's kinda not my problem. I don't have money for good or vet care for them anyway. I like them and I'd never hurt them but I'm not sticking around because of cats. Cats don't fix anything. They aren't friends. They aren't a brain or a body that works. They aren't a partner. They don't pay the bills.

I wanted something more in my life than 2 alley cats who showed up one day.

I've stopped going to the gaming meetings but now it's constant texts. I don't want to do this anymore. I want to leave. I want to let my cancer take its course and leave. That is my decision. My brother is dead, my life is ruined and that's that. I want it to be over. That is my decision. These people don't even care about me, they just want a cripple to save.

How can I get this through their heads? I don't expect them to agree with it, just respect it. They haven't and don't live my "life".

tl;dr I'm a worthless pile of poo poo with physical and brain damage due to abuse. Some power out there finally had mercy and gave me cancer. I don't want treatment. "Friends" want someone to save but they aren't stuck in,my body and my life, how can I get them to gently caress off about it?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah that one was sad as gently caress.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004

Malkof posted:

I know youse goons don't like the sad ones but...Jesus Christ:

I (43F) have been diagnosed with cancer. Drs say I have a 70% chance of survival but I have chosen not to treat it. My life has been awful and I am done. Please help me help my friends understand.

That might be the saddest thing I've ever read.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I dont think we needed the rest of that post the title really says it all.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

NomChompsky posted:

A friend of mine responded to this with "Should have finger blasted her bro lol."

Your friend sounds stupid and I really hope he didn't say "lol" in real life. That being said, kid had his chance when they were making out and failing to take it is unattractive. He started out well straight out asking her if she was into it, then just failed to commit. Getting a finger on the clit can definitely make all the difference, because instead of a girl having to totally put herself out there for unclear reward suddenly the reward is tangible and two teenagers can do what two teenagers do best: have awkward, short sex and lots of it. Better luck next time, boy and girl.

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

lol reminds me of how years ago somebody told me they had started pissing in the shower but got in trouble and for the life of me I could not figure out how their parents found out. Something made me think of it a couple months ago and I suddenly realized he was just getting in the shower to piss. It wasn't on or anything. He was just pissing and leaving any splashing there.

For the life of me I don't see what the heck is wrong with a nice sit-down on a toilet to take a pee. Good time for reading, randomly browsing the internet, and deep reflection about the meaning of life. I am a man and I can't really conceive of standing up to piss in my own house, much less pissing into a shower that isn't even on. I'm just not seeing the advantages there.

edit: I choose to ignore most recent post, it's too sad and now I have decided I shall not acknowledge its existence.

Play fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 4, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm, uh

Let's move onto the pettiest people in the world:

My (22F) SiL (24F) was supposed to take care of my house while I went on vacation. She didn't. How do I proceed? Non-Romantic
submitted 7 hours ago * by withlovesparrow

quote:

So, my husband and I left town to visit my mom for the holidays (from the 23rd of December to the first of January). Before we left, we asked his sister to come check on the house, take care of our cat, and water my plants. Easy enough. She was also going to my in laws up the road every day to take care of their dog while they were out of town. While she was here, I also offered up our washer and dryer since hers is broken. When we left, I left $40 in a card with written instructions on what needed to be done and how often.
We had a lovely stay with my mom, but when we got home at 10pm on the first the house STUNK. As soon as you walked in the door the smell of urine and rotten fruit knocked you on your rear end. My husband went in to take inventory of what was wrong while I got the baby out. Here's the run down.
-The litter box was disgusting. There was more poop and urine than litter. It hadn't been done in at least a week. It was so bad that he'd peed on the bottom with no litter and it destroyed the box. We had to buy a new one.
-Because the box was so disgusting, he peed on the rug in the bathroom and my rug in the kitchen. So I had to wash those and mop before going to bed.
-The litter genie (where we put his mess) was full... But only the top compartment. How it works is you open the lid, clean the box, and then pull the lever so it's all in a bag in the bottom. The bag was empty. If you do the box daily, the top fills up in about two days I'd estimate.
-We have a treat tree for the cat. You just put a half cup of food in the top and he plays the food out. This was packed with food. Like every layer was full to the top. It was all stale. We had to throw it out.
-There were rotten bananas on the counter. I know, it's on us that we left fruit out before going on vacation. But she could have easily tossed it out before it liquified and stained my countertop.
-The washer was on with nothing in it. I don't even understand this. It's a pain to turn on, you can't do it accidentally.
The thing we were most pissed off about was the litter box. So my husband sent her a text "Do you let your cats box get this full?" She didn't respond. We assumed she was sleeping and just figured we'd talked to her the next day.
So about 5:30 the next day, she sends me a message "Did I leave my pink cup there?" I respond "Yes. [Husband] has been trying to get a hold of you. He texted you yesterday when we got home but said he hasn't got a reply." An hour and a half later I get this response "I'm sorry you were trying to get ahold of me. I did not respond to [husband]'s text because I thought it was rude and do not think that it warranted a response."
He sees it before I do, gets his phone, and steps out side to call her. It rings once and then goes to voice mail. She denied it. So he leaves her a voicemail. He tells me it wasn't nice. Probably not his best moment. But while he was outside I sent her this reply "You know what's rude? Being paid to do something, not doing it, and not telling anyone. We came home after driving all day to an absolutely DISGUSTING litter box. Because the box was so over full, the cat peed in the kitchen on my rug and the rug in the bathroom. His treat tree was over flowing with stale food that had to be thrown away because he won't eat it. There were obviously rotten bananas on the counter that you couldn't be bothered to notice and throw away. The washer was on and wasting electricity. We spent an additional hour after we got home just cleaning up enough to be able to sleep. We had to buy a new litter box because that one was so destroyed by urea. But that's fine. We're rude. You just took $40 for a half assed job. Thanks a gently caress ton [SiL]."
I'm pissed off at this point. I'm angry, pregnant, hormonal, and we spent our day off cleaning the bathroom and kitchen as well as unpacking when that could have been avoided. The message was probably harsher than it could have been. My husband and I are typically pretty laid back people. But I don't get a reply to that either.
This morning I sent her this message "Ok. I get it. I don't justify a response either. Your cup is on my front porch if you want it. But if you remember how to be an adult and admit when you're wrong, I'll be home all day." She didn't reply until lunch. "I am taking time to process and I will respond in a few days."
I just. gently caress. That's not how the world works. You don't get to drag things out for days because you want to. I talked to my mom about this (she's usually my voice of reason and doesn't hold the punches) and says we're justified to getting our money back and having SiL pay for the litter box. How do I proceed with this?
I want to just let it go and take it as a lesson learned. She's not a reliable human, she can't admit mistakes, and she's just in loving la la land. I'm also this close to tossing her stupid tumbler in the trash.
Husband wants to confront her and demand the money back. He's sick of her always being the baby and never dealing with the consequences of her non-actions. The only time he would be able to do this is at the next family dinner in front of his parents and brother. I won't be attending. I think that's a bad idea. He's in super protective mode (because pregnant) and had been prone to the war path lately.
Tl;Dr SiL didn't take care of our house like promised, house was a mess, she took $40 for it and refuses to admit any wrong doing.
Edit: I'm getting a lot of comments and PMs saying we're assholes, we deserved worse, especially since we only left $40. Where we live, that's two weeks of gas for her car. Considering we're on her way home for work and she was also taking care of her parents dog, I thought that was at least mildly thoughtful. In the card I mentioned the money was to offset the gas cost, thanked her profusely, thanked her every time she gave me an update, and we'd just given her an expensive gift for Christmas (don't know what that has to do with anything, but it's been brought up more than once).
Also, apparently we suck for expecting family to do this for less than a stranger. I guess our families are set up different than yours. For instance, when we went out of town for two weeks a year ago, my mom drove 30 minutes out of her way both ways every day to take care of my cat. Money was tighter then, so we got my mom a $15 McDonald's gift card for her soda addiction. Didn't come home to pissy rugs and a miserable cat.

The "not actually taking care of a cat" bit is admittedly pretty bad, but the loving pathos over forty dollars and a cup? Come on.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Play posted:

For the life of me I don't see what the heck is wrong with a nice sit-down on a toilet to take a pee. Good time for reading, randomly browsing the internet, and deep reflection about the meaning of life. I am a man and I can't really conceive of standing up to piss in my own house, much less pissing into a shower that isn't even on. I'm just not seeing the advantages there.

I can't think of any scenario in which I'd choose to piss sitting down unless it was, for whatever tragic reason, medically necessary. How long does it take you that you're reflecting on life? Nevermind, you're reflecting on life; that's cool. Wouldn't it be nicer to do it standing on your own two feet, under a brilliant, starry sky?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DrManiac posted:

Wow. I thought the dude was an rear end in a top hat in the original post. Now he's fetid human garbage. What a cold-hearted fuckhead!

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

boner confessor posted:

deadbeat dad posted:

As someone who has worked for everything I have, I think I understand and recognize the importance of upbringing and role models and resources. My son will be raised right. He will have role models that are successful and hard-workers and motivated and driven. He'll have the opportunities to succeed because I've worked hard. And I have no doubt that he will be great.
I also hope that she is a successful, happy person. There doesn't have to be a winner, but if I was a betting man, I'd bet on my son. Your words of hate don't hurt me.

nah gently caress this guy

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sister in law is actually a huge and total rear end in a top hat. What a lovely thing to do.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

I'm, uh

Let's move onto the pettiest people in the world:

My (22F) SiL (24F) was supposed to take care of my house while I went on vacation. She didn't. How do I proceed? Non-Romantic
submitted 7 hours ago * by withlovesparrow

The "not actually taking care of a cat" bit is admittedly pretty bad, but the loving pathos over forty dollars and a cup? Come on.

The washing machine being on is the part that I don't quite get and makes me wonder if even MORE ire is deserved. Like how does a washing machine get run with nothin in it? Either the sister in law somehow figured out how to make it run empty for a long time, or was just there doing her laundry and totally ignoring the helpless cat she agreed to feed. I do think the op should just drop it and not trust the SIL in the future, because it's just going to raise her blood pressure with no resolution. But I also think the SIL is a major jerk-rear end

It might be me, but it kinda paints a picture that the Sister in Law was doing her wash when the people pulled up, and grabbed it and bailed because she knew she was a slack rear end

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Well I'm thoroughly depressed thanks to the cancer story, thanks for posting it!!!

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Sorry for the bummer post, here have a childfree palette cleanser:

Childfree Not Only Because I Am Annoyed By Children, I Am Jealous Of Them

quote:

Hello Childfree, I am a new subscriber. I recently turned 25 and even from when I was little, I never liked children for many reasons. I even convinced my parents from young of my dislike of children on multiple occasions that I wanted no younger siblings and kind of put them through hell for it. The results is me being an only Child which I am truly grateful for.

However, you may ask based on the title, why would I be "jealous of children"? You see its not only because they are loud, smelly, obnoxious, little money pits. Its because by the time they reach my age or even just adulthood at 18, they are going to grow up in a world with so much more technology in their lives and take advantage of that technology in their young age.

Coupled with technology, children 10-14 and younger have a much better chance of making LEV. For those who are not aware of LEV you can check out the futurology Reddit or google Aubrey De Grey for more information is its too much to explain here.

Although being an adult, I still have child, teen interests which is not uncommon for people my age. I like anime, video games and some kids show that got a huge adult fan base like adventure time and regular show and as a kid I and had some negative events in my life that delayed developmental life that have effected me in adulthood in terms of relationships and jobs. It eventuality came but at a older age. Some crucial parts still have not come yet and I am still working on them.

Children on the other hand have much better chances than me coupled with technology of the future will make it even better and this makes me jealous of them big time. Thus makes me not want kids even more. Plus the common stuff they are very annoying, loud, and are huge money pits.

Many of my cousins have had children with more on the way, and every family gathering is packed with screaming kids that annoy me like crazy. Plus every time I see them I am forced to face their "clean slate" born at a much later time compared to me and many will have a much more awesome childhood and future compared to me which makes me depressed. Even if I had a child, I would be forced to deal with this fact every day which would make me angry and depressed which is why I will never have kids as well.

Luckily I have a cousin in the family who had similar reasons and cant stand kids. His brother recently had a baby, and hates being an uncle and always has the baby pushed in his face. He is also married by he and his wife plan to remain childfree so at least I have somebody to relate to in the family to.

Can anyone else relate to my situation as well?

Sorry for the long post, but I figure I would introduce myself with a large enough post to explain my childfree reasoning. I was a lurker for a long time and finally decided to share my childfree story.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
The jealously of children by childfree people is so specific, is there a name for it? Like a super specific German word or something

Every time I have to drag my ever growing pregnant rear end into the grocery store from farther than necessary if the expectant parent/parent with children spots are taken I pray I don't find out one of them is some obnoxious childfree loser. I always think of that smug post that the OP would tell their mom to park in those spots because they technically had a child, just their child was 40

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 4, 2017

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I can't think of any scenario in which I'd choose to piss sitting down unless it was, for whatever tragic reason, medically necessary. How long does it take you that you're reflecting on life? Nevermind, you're reflecting on life; that's cool. Wouldn't it be nicer to do it standing on your own two feet, under a brilliant, starry sky?

Sure, but the brilliant, starry sky isn't located conveniently next to the place I sleep and eat. In addition my fellow apartment dwellers, not to mention the police, might look askance at me pissing in the tiny lawn outside of my apartment like a dog. A tiny lawn which is lit day and night, mind you. Also it's really cold.

During the summer, though, when I was staying in a mansion with an enormous pool and hot tub in a huge lawn with lovely huge hedges on every side, completely alone... well I was happily pissing outside more often than otherwise. Tragically, now I only have a toilet, sink, and shower as options. I prefer the toilet and I prefer not to get piss all over the top and sides due to my unpredictable penis. Also, I have discovered the meaning of life so perhaps it was all worth it.

Play fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 4, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Sister in law is actually a huge and total rear end in a top hat. What a lovely thing to do.

No kidding, and dodging the fallout by saying "she needs a few days to process." Process what, bitch?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Wow. I thought the dude was an rear end in a top hat in the original post. Now he's fetid human garbage. What a cold-hearted fuckhead!

I hope for his son's sake this poisonous rear end in a top hat dies of cancer soon. He is scum.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
My[22F] Bf [26M] is upset that my friend showed me her [25F] breast augmentation

quote:

Now a lot of this is going to sound weird. That's because it is. My closest friends are a small group of females and we are ridiculously comfortable with each other. We've pretty much seen every part of each other except for the vagina and we have no plans to ever view each other's vags. It's not like we get naked and stare at each other, but it's no big deal to change tops or clothes in front of each other. We've even modeled lingerie (nothing sheer on the breasts/crotch) to get opinions before we split up and go off to our bfs. Nudity just isn't a big deal for us.

So my friend (Laura), got a boob job. My boyfriend (Matt) knew this because I'd pop in to bring her some soup or food occasionally and we'd hang out for a short time. The other girls would pop in too. So time goes on, and Laura's all healed up and she was super excited. She basically wanted to have a...boob showing? With the group. We all thought it was hilarious and a great idea.

So before the day comes I text Matt about the boob party and how I'm going to make cookies. At this point he found it really funny. On the actual day I texted him something like "Laura's boobs will be unleashed today!" And he texted me "lol ok" with the rolling eyes emoji. I assumed he was tired of hearing about it.

So we all go to Laura's house. And yknow she throws her top off and we're all chanting "titties! titties!" And it's pretty ridiculous but it was funniest thing I've experienced in a long time. Her top was off for maybe 30 seconds. Her boyfriend was there and he was laughing too. After the 30 seconds we ordered food and chilled out together.
In the middle of eating, Matt starts blowing up my phone. He says he's coming to pick me up and I try asking him what's wrong but he hangs up on me. So he gets to Laura's house and he was honking the horn like crazy to tell me he was outside. I get my stuff and get in his car and he was literally glaring at me. On his way back to my place he starts raising his voice but not screaming and he asks me why I went to the party, why would I do this, this is so trashy, he views me differently now. Stuff like that.

He drops me off and he keeps texting me that I'm a completely different person than he thought I was, I'm too old to do this stuff. And I'm really upset because he never mentioned being uncomfortable to me! He had an entire week before the get together to let me know how he felt. I don't know what to do. This happened two days ago and he still texts me that I'm so immature and my friendships are inappropriate but I genuinely don't know how to fix this. I know we need to talk but I have no idea how to have this conversation. I wish he would've told me.
Tl;dr: friend had a get together to show off her boob job. Bf didn't tell me it made him uncomfortable until it was too late. I don't know how to handle this

what the heck

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

No kidding, and dodging the fallout by saying "she needs a few days to process." Process what, bitch?

It's the classic "I'm going to act like an rear end in a top hat, then act super defensive about the way you expressed annoyance at me being an rear end in a top hat," defense

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
That party and her friends sound awesome and fun

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

pages back but goons tripping over each other to be the first to freak out about someone saying "whilst" is pretty funny. You guys would probably have an aneurysm watching bbc news

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sinking belle posted:

pages back but goons tripping over each other to be the first to freak out about someone saying "whilst" is pretty funny. You guys would probably have an aneurysm watching bbc news

An aneurysm whilst watching BBC News. :eng101:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

sinking belle posted:

pages back but goons tripping over each other to be the first to freak out about someone saying "whilst" is pretty funny. You guys would probably have an aneurysm whilst watching bbc news

E: gently caress

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Reading all of these terrible people makes me appreciate poo poo like http://imgur.com/gallery/DE10M this so much more.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lyrai posted:

Reading all of these terrible people makes me appreciate poo poo like http://imgur.com/gallery/DE10M this so much more.

That is one of the most adorable things I've ever read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Play posted:

During the summer, though, when I was staying in a mansion with an enormous pool and hot tub in a huge lawn with lovely huge hedges on every side, completely alone... well I was happily pissing outside more often than otherwise. Tragically, now I only have a toilet, sink, and shower as options. I prefer the toilet and I prefer not to get piss all over the top and sides due to my unpredictable penis. Also, I have discovered the meaning of life so perhaps it was all worth it.

I was mostly kidding, but I'm glad you got to live the dream for awhile. I lived pretty close to the middle of nowhere for a large portion of my life, so I don't always remember that isn't the case for most people. Then again, my wife's lived the same places I have and she still thinks it's bizarre that anybody wouldn't auto-opt for the perfectly functional indoor toilet.

Also I find "due to my unpredictable penis" to be an extremely hilarious phrase and at least somewhat apt for the thread as a whole. My apologies if the reality of the/your situation is such that I'm being a complete rear end for pointing it out.