Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

victrix posted:

Ramza's 99 RM is so bad :psyduck:

Ramza being level 99 is Good though so cosmic balance is achieved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Most of the 99 RMs are pretty much useless tbh.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I am actually gonna be a bit relieved when Orbfest ends because this gigantic backlog of events I still have to finish is bugging me even though I know I have plenty of time.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

I stopped doing Orbfest yesterday, after I finished cleaning out the Roulette.

If you haven't cleaned out the Roulette yet, welp

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
im an xp junkie so i'll do orbfest till it dries up

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Kawalimus posted:

Most of the 99 RMs are pretty much useless tbh.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

gimme dat auto doom RM already :getin:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

victrix posted:

I really don't like wall. I wish they'd left it as medica/hastega/proshellga for the 'trinity' with breakdowns and other abilities for additional mitigation.

But I suppose that ship has long sailed design wise.

It's crazy dumb that they haven't either retired wall as a mechanic or implemented more relics with iterations of it.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Just make it a 6* WHM or something already, it's the one dumb p2w rng feature in an otherwise half decent phone game.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i just want a wall+ SSB that does Wall+regen+proshellga or something really utility

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

So I pulled 4 times on onion knight and 3 times on alphinoud, got 0 bsbs and was pretty bummed about it.

Then dollar pull got me Bartz's Apocalypse. Game knows how to reel me back in.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KataraniSword posted:

I really don't like to keep harping on this, but it's driving me absolutely nuts. If anybody at all has beaten the D250 without native wall, share how you did it?

I haven't even beat the D200 yet, but just knowing it's possible (there's a CM and all) is the best I can manage there. :negative:

Hey there no-Wall buddy. I just squeaked past D200 myself (just 2 damage medals lost). Bless Mog, he gave his life in the victory. I realized while setting up on my final run that I had Echo's SSB (+50% RES would have been nice), but she's a lot squishier than Mog, so.

What's your set-up again? I'll post mine later if it helps.

Reddit has someone beating D250 without, but they had native Vessel of Fate, Indomitable Blade and Moogle Dance.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 4, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hey there no-Wall buddy. I just squeaked past D200 myself (just 2 damage medals lost). Bless Mog, he gave his life in the victory. I realized while setting up on my final run that I had Echo's SSB (+50% RES would have been nice), but she's a lot squishier than Mog, so.

What's your set-up again? I'll post mine later if it helps.

Reddit has someone beating D250 without, but they had native Vessel of Fate, Indomitable Blade and Moogle Dance.

Well, I have two of the three. :shobon:

My first attempt (which did not go well at all) was my usual A-team:
  • Zell (Lifesiphon R5, Lifebane R2, Combat King)
  • Celes (Gaia Cross R2, Protectga R2, Maria's Song/Indomitable Blade)
  • Ramza (Power Breakdown R4, Full Break R2, Shout)
  • Vaan (Mug Bloodlust R2, Armor Breakdown R4, Arc Blast)
  • Y'shtola (Curaja R5, Shellga R2, Asylum)

As you can see, I severely underestimated just how much of a slog the pigs were. I managed to get through the four trash waves mostly on autobattles and BSB uses, but my lack of hones still ultimately meant I couldn't keep DPS up on the boss, then my second Wall wore out and I took three AoEs to the face and everyone was dead.

I haven't tried a second time yet, but I'm definitely thinking of swapping out Zell for Penelo (dancing + Intercession for added medica support when things go Bad) and Vaan for either Sephiroth or Cloud (my other BSB-havers; Seph has ignore-defense, Cloud has AoE coverage). It'd be an easier choice if I had the motes to get Cloud Knight 3*, having him as a tauntaliator while still relying on Fenrir Overdrive for damage seems ideal.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well it's not that similar to yours, but here's what I cleared with:

I'll admit right off - I got lucky in that I had a reverse-Wall.

If you can handle the trash, consider dropping Protectga - the only physical attacks the pigs use can be tanked by Gaia Cross. Not sure if Celes has anything better in that slot, though. Personally I do think mages are the way to go - the amount of health you'd have to slog through with physicals is immense.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'll admit right off - I got lucky in that I had a reverse-Wall.

If you can handle the trash, consider dropping Protectga - the only physical attacks the pigs use can be tanked by Gaia Cross. Not sure if Celes has anything better in that slot, though. Personally I do think mages are the way to go - the amount of health you'd have to slog through with physicals is immense.

I've got Sea Lord's Broadside, but again, optimal use of that would involve diving Faris for Dancer 5.

In addition, my mage setups are... incredibly lacking. Aside from the 610 buffs with Celes BSB/OK BSB, my only Faithga is Sazh's. I can't complain about having pulled Asylum on Alphinaud 1, but I lack both Leylines and Sheepsong. I don't have any black mage bursts. My only black mage SSBs, even, are Fire Beam, Seraphic Ray, and Wishing Star.

EDIT: Wait, I have Edea's Imperil and Kuja's half-assed Faithga, that's... something, I guess. Except it doesn't change the fact that my best mage weapons for FFV are a +++ Flame Rod and Thunder Rod. You know, the 3* common trash.

Even if Geogaseno is substantially harder, my FFX synergy is much better off for both mage teams and physical.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 4, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You don't need Multi-Break; I ran without using it, opting for the higher mitigation of Heathen Frolic instead. Faris can do fine with Dancer 4.

Yeah, problem with mage teams is that they are fairly dependent on hones for long sloughs like these. Still, the basic premise is that Faris and a healer BSB can handle most of your mitigation without Wall, allowing you to focus more on offense instead.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

79200 tokens left over after clearing out the Roulette. Little bonus.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
100 gem pull.. another 5*! Gabranth's Hauberk!

Last 11 pull of the OSB fest

FFI synergy!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Used the same double holy bsb team I used on the torment dungeons to take out Ultima Weapon. Poor guy didn't know what hit him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
11 pull netting a Hauberk as well. Kind of a bummer, 100 mythril and I ended up with just that, Vanille BSB and Minwu's SSB. Kinda a bummer, honestly

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

loving :lol:

100 gem, Gungnir

11 draw, Bomb Core and Onion Gauntlets

Game says I should look into a mage team pretty firmly

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

How does Arc fair with both his magic/physical blink SSB's as time goes here. I have all of his SB's and he hasn't left my A team in months. But some healer BSB's seem decent in comparison. I am just really torn on pulling XIV Banner 1 since most of it's goodies are healer related.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Arc's a good smart loyal faithful boy but he's outclassed by any white mage BSB that isn't like Selphie/Minwu. Having access to a spammable aoe heal becomes very important.

PS Nemesis was made Agrias' little bitch. BSB into cleansing strike owns. Pulled Zell out for the 8k x5 Lifebane bonanza. Vanille helped with the 9999 x2 command 1 :getin:

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

3/22

Got Soulrender, Lustrous Shield, and Eagletalon.

I am now pretty well set for holy damage.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

rujasu posted:

I stopped doing Orbfest yesterday, after I finished cleaning out the Roulette.

If you haven't cleaned out the Roulette yet, welp

:negative:

I must have gotten two rounds of golden knights in five+ mythril refreshes today before I ran out of time. At least I cleared out all the main prizes and most of the major orbs and mythril. :sigh:

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
What fire boosting fist/throw is there for refia to run train with?

Edit: isn't tidus' OSB the favored one as it doesn't fall victim to needing realm synergy for its passive water damage boost?

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 4, 2017

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I'm paralyzed with options after drawing a Thyrus on banner 2 (and again on the XIV) and spending the Fest getting Y'shtola to a respectable level. I've got Shout and Divine Heal, so for the first time since I've been playing I can RW whatever I goddamn want to. Liberating as hell.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

superloosegoose posted:

What fire boosting fist/throw is there for refia to run train with?

Only real +Fire fist is Zell's Burning Fist. However it hasn't appeared at all since its debut, so your best hope is to pray on the next Lucky Draw.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Only real +Fire fist is Zell's Burning Fist. However it hasn't appeared at all since its debut, so your best hope is to pray on the next Lucky Draw.

There's also the generic FF6 Burning Fist; it's also a 5* but there's no guarantee of being able to draw it ever, you just have to luck into it.

Sadly, I have one of those but no Shura Glove.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
All dollar pulls were 3* crap, oh well. I was really spoiled during the last BSBfest and got a couple good relics from the dollar pulls then so this balances it out. I will just cry into my pile of XIV relics.

And I'm glad to be freed from the chains of orbfest, time to tackle pretty much all the events :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ultima Weapon went down like a chumpy chump to the team I mentioned above. It makes me feel good that I've still got a physical team that isn't poo poo, it's just that I wasn't prepared for the Torment Dungeons.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

The Biggest Hurdle I got with Ultima was making sure my phone didn't crash mid-fight...

Once dealt with that, Ultima was chumped by White Mage Bomb via Ysh'tola (Shellga + BSB) & Minwu (Diaga + BSB) and the help of Garnet (Alex + BSB), Tyro (Support + Wall) and Basch (RW'd Celes BSB).

If we ever get an Ultros Banner poll, I'm so submitting the Lightbringer(VI) as a choice.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

Darn, that BSB is sick too

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

So for those of you that are done pulling for now, how're you guys doing 5*+ relic wise:

This is me as of right now:

Had to make a few realms two lines since they would no longer fit on the screen. I think I got some really good relics here, but there are a few that I could still use to help in some of the much harder content.

I really would like to get more FFIV synergy!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Scrounged together a 50 pull for the xiv banner. I got thysus, omnirod and minifillia's bsb. I already have sg, so I'm more likely to use that with a medica having white mage, but it's still a really nice option alongside her ssb. At least I now have 2 xiv mage weapons I can use. Thankfully the sword gives me one melee weapon, so with thancrede running ninja magic I can actually have a decent xiv party for the cid mission.

Seriously though, everything on this banner is nuts. Like I genuinely think the omnirod is the worse item on the bunch, and it's honestly really nice. I would like to have another pull on this, but with my luck on the other recent banners I've pulled I'm not complaining.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

Ragnarok +++

:raise: I think you might have added an extra + there, Base 6* items don't have a Dark Matter equivalent as of yet and may not ever.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The holy damage tag team of Beatrix and Minwu overran both Ultima Weapon and the 200 torment dungeon. Probably gonna attempt the harder torment later. That dungeon was just a grind.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I must be retarded because Ultima Weapon was tearing me a new rear end in a top hat earlier with like 5 different team configurations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

:raise: I think you might have added an extra + there, Base 6* items don't have a Dark Matter equivalent as of yet and may not ever.

Oops. :v:

Anyway just steamrolled Rubicante with a Rosa/Celes/Tyro/Terra/Papalymo team using a OK RW. It was nice to find out that Vessel and Lay Lines both stacked. Terra really appreciated it when she melted Rubicante with Chaos Watera when his cape was open. Who says Terra's BSB is outdated? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Managed to down Ultimate+ Bartz in the V event. Even managed to pull off the CM requirement, too. :toot:

• Locked thread