Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Starbucks logo is already a mermaid, fantasy Starbucks should just have a regular human on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My headcannon Taako is just the late great character actor Frank Nelson.

LamesDoc
May 18, 2014
Griffin being on Forbes 30 under 30 is very good. Great Job!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
really wish they had linked to an episode of griffin's amiibo corner in that article.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

zimbomonkey posted:

really wish they had linked to an episode of griffin's amiibo corner in that article.

Polygon's article about it did. Holy poo poo that was amazing.

Edit: Like, seriously. I keep finding stuff from these guys that I regret not listening to sooner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCd6HJti4Q

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 4, 2017

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

The Lowdog posted:

Just saw this posted on the facebook group.
http://www.forbes.com/profile/griffin-mcelroy/

So part of the article says "My Brother, My Brother and Me, is hosted by McElroy and his two brothers and received over 3.5 million streams in November. " Is this the first time anyone here has ever seen numbers on any podcast they listen to? I know most actual podcasters can see their own numbers obviously, but this is one of the few times I've seen a legitimate "# listeners" instead of just some generic "top 100 list".

Also of course, great job.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I finished episode 8 of 11th hour.

As expected, I cried. Travis is the sweetest, softest of boys.

Also drat that ending, Griffin is brutal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

Polygon's article about it did. Holy poo poo that was amazing.

Edit: Like, seriously. I keep finding stuff from these guys that I regret not listening to sooner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRCd6HJti4Q

Griffin is someone's father now, someone now has odds of one day finding a video of his father reciting the pokerap after eating a pikachu

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Griffin is someone's father now, someone now has odds of one day finding a video of his father reciting the pokerap after eating a pikachu

Considering some of the stories the brothers have told about Clint on MBMBaM, "watching dad own himself" is probably a tradition in the McElroy family

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

inthesto posted:

Considering some of the stories the brothers have told about Clint on MBMBaM, "watching dad own himself" is probably a tradition in the McElroy family

The story about the cold cuts, the butt maxi-pad, and the "hat wearing geekaboy" still make me cry laughing. Thank Clint for Clint.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Coffee And Pie posted:

The story about the cold cuts, the butt maxi-pad, and the "hat wearing geekaboy" still make me cry laughing. Thank Clint for Clint.

How about the time he got his nose hairs waxed, took the wax-hair-horror mixture with him and left it at an ice cream store

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

inthesto posted:

yea, fair, the McElroy men have a proud tradition of having genuinely impressive life only to be completely owned in front of their children by themselves constantly

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Half of Dracula posted:

How about the time he got his nose hairs waxed, took the wax-hair-horror mixture with him and left it at an ice cream store

His hirsute prize

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Fave Clint story is accidentally noxious gassing himself and passing out in the basement

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Or the time he dropped a big jawbreaker in a theatre and successfully played it off as being his glass eye and got a kindly old lady to hand it back to him

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What is this year?

They kept saying Twenty Serpentine I thought, but I figured the pronunciation must be different than how I'm imagining it spelled, because they didn't say anything about snakes and I can't think of a word with similar sounds that means "keep em guessing".

Or does a snake "Keep em guessing?"

Serf
May 5, 2011

greatn posted:

What is this year?

They kept saying Twenty Serpentine I thought, but I figured the pronunciation must be different than how I'm imagining it spelled, because they didn't say anything about snakes and I can't think of a word with similar sounds that means "keep em guessing".

They're referring to serpentine running, which is a zigzag pattern.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

greatn posted:

What is this year?

Serpentine!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I'm going to be a snake this year.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

greatn posted:

What is this year?

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/816389878015475712

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"No no, Henry, don't chew on the amiibos! Those are for Daddy's mouth, not yours!"

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Leospeare posted:

"No no, Henry, don't chew on the amiibos! Those are for Daddy's mouth, not yours!"

Pretty sure Griffin will do this if Amiibos are still A Thing when Henry reaches 2.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Apologies if this was posted before, but I know someone was looking to get The Adventure Zine after the fundraiser closed: https://gumroad.com/theadventurezine You can still get the PDF, and all the proceeds go directly to charity.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Apologies if this was posted before, but I know someone was looking to get The Adventure Zine after the fundraiser closed: https://gumroad.com/theadventurezine You can still get the PDF, and all the proceeds go directly to charity.

Got mine, some really cool stuff in this.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Asiina posted:

I finished episode 8 of 11th hour.

As expected, I cried. Travis is the sweetest, softest of boys.

Also drat that ending, Griffin is brutal.

I think the music Griffin adds in the later episodes goes a long way towards aiding the tonal shifts that the story goes through. If it were just Griffin narrating the somber moments immediately after a goof, it wouldn't work nearly as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Leospeare posted:

"No Henry, we were three horny brothers but the audience was hornier."

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

inthesto posted:

I think the music Griffin adds in the later episodes goes a long way towards aiding the tonal shifts that the story goes through. If it were just Griffin narrating the somber moments immediately after a goof, it wouldn't work nearly as well.

His music is usually really good, but my (unrelated) complaint is that I'm almost 100% of the time listening to TAZ while driving, and the music most times gently fades in. So I frequently panic and think "oh god what is that noise my car is going to explode...oh, music"

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

inthesto posted:

I'm reasonably sure he has gone back and edited a few musical cues into earlier episodes, too. At least, I noticed some while relistening that I didn't remember being there before.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The TAZ music is, like, TOO good. I was amazed to learn that Griffin was just whipping it all up in Garage Band (with the exception of the Wonderland elves music and the theme song). It's like, poo poo! Is there nothing that this busy boy can't do exceptionally well?!

e: He mentioned offhand in an almost joking manner during a Coolgames Inc episode that he has perfect pitch, but as someone who actually does have it, I kind of suspect that he wasn't kidding. There are some things he's said or done that make me suspect that that was not a goofer.

thexerox123 posted:

I'm reasonably sure he has gone back and edited a few musical cues into earlier episodes, too. At least, I noticed some while relistening that I didn't remember being there before.

I'm on Petals to the Metal in my relisten, and I could almost swear he edited the pylon horns into some of the earlier race videos that weren't there when I listened a month ago. But that seems impossible because I'm pretty sure that'd gently caress with the upload date on iTunes. So we may both be imagining it...who knows.

Or you could be correct...do you remember any cues specifically?

timp fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 5, 2017

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for the doublepost...

Does anybody know which MBMBAB episode contains the origin of Justin's Munch Squad segment? I would really like to hear how Travis and Griffin got roped into unenthusiastically saying "squad" every time.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

timp posted:

Sorry for the doublepost...

Does anybody know which MBMBAB episode contains the origin of Justin's Munch Squad segment? I would really like to hear how Travis and Griffin got roped into unenthusiastically saying "squad" every time.

Some sick gently caress has been uploading discrete clips of it on YouTube. Here's the first one (from ep. 304):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moluKdcKTkc

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

timp posted:

I'm on Petals to the Metal in my relisten, and I could almost swear he edited the pylon horns into some of the earlier race videos that weren't there when I listened a month ago. But that seems impossible because I'm pretty sure that'd gently caress with the upload date on iTunes. So we may both be imagining it...who knows.

Or you could be correct...do you remember any cues specifically?

I want to say maybe I noticed music when Garyl was summoned one time that I hadn't noticed before? It was something to punctuate an awesome spell or action. Hm.

And maybe the piano jock jams that were mentioned in one episode?

Oh, episode 36, 29 minutes in, when Garyl is summoned. That's the one I was thinking of. Not sure which episode had the piano jock jams.

Note: I do have inattentive-subtype ADHD, so it is 100% possible that I just missed them the first time, haha.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 5, 2017

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

thexerox123 posted:

I want to say maybe I noticed music when Garyl was summoned one time that I hadn't noticed before? It was something to punctuate an awesome spell or action. Hm.

And maybe the piano jock jams that were mentioned in one episode?

Oh, episode 36, 29 minutes in, when Garyl is summoned. That's the one I was thinking of. Not sure which episode had the piano jock jams.

Note: I do have inattentive-subtype ADHD, so it is 100% possible that I just missed them the first time, haha.

I definitely don't remember any music playing during the Garyl scene and I'm about 1 episode away from that part so I'll let you know!

FutonForensic posted:

Some sick gently caress has been uploading discrete clips of it on YouTube. Here's the first one (from ep. 304):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moluKdcKTkc

Thank you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Typography is a really fun way to do a lot of McElroy goofs and it's a shame this is the first time I've seen it done since Warrior Cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A7Gm-IjzZ4

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Typography is a really fun way to do a lot of McElroy goofs and it's a shame this is the first time I've seen it done since Warrior Cats

wow you're not kidding, that was fantastic. Also never turn down a chance to hear what is one of my top three scenes along with the climax of petals and the end of eleventh hour

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have an intense desire to learn how to do this.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Asiina posted:

I have an intense desire to learn how to do this.

Learn to use Flash/Animate, or After Effects

Scudworth fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 6, 2017

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For some reason I didn't really like that one, but there are a few others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR0Ubck0IRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU4pPvHLIwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyu6Cwr621o

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hey

Hey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8cA5mU59uI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I was afraid that our sweet boys were running out of new toys to play with.

Oh how wrong I was. 2017 is off to a great start.