Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The best execution will always be the one where you use their own pistol against them. Also, old Scorch's execution is better than his prime one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
Allegedly the "kill 'em with their own pistol" execution is the best, in the sense that the full animation doesn't need to complete -- once you get the first round off, the target is dead (even if you get killed at some other point in the animation). I haven't tested, so take this with a grain of salt. Min-maxing your execution is probably too :spergin: even by SA standards though.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s1ppycup posted:

Allegedly the "kill 'em with their own pistol" execution is the best, in the sense that the full animation doesn't need to complete -- once you get the first round off, the target is dead (even if you get killed at some other point in the animation). I haven't tested, so take this with a grain of salt. Min-maxing your execution is probably too :spergin: even by SA standards though.

When I was grinding executions I think I experienced that so you might be right

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm having a blast even though I'm finishing at the bottom most matches. I'm just trying to get a feel for how fast the movement is right now.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Hulk Krogan posted:

As much as I love the one where you punch the other guy's head clean off, I can't not use the phase execution. It's straight out of Mortal Kombat.

Also you can be killed during the phase execution animation, which doesn't make any sense but admittedly it would be kind of bullshit if it was the only execution that made you invincible.

If I've performed enough executions to get Inner Pieces I feel that I should have the benefit of being invincible during it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's an execution where you knock the other guys head off?!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

veni veni veni posted:

There's an execution where you knock the other guys head off?!

2-3-2 Combo and Grand Theft Semi-auto both blow the helmet off the victim. Nothing besides Inner Pieces actually gibs them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I can't believe I've never seen that.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I can't justify spending credits on the grand theft smei-auto execution, even though i want it so badly. I should probably buy the volt instead. Don't come up that often.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm having a blast even though I'm finishing at the bottom most matches. I'm just trying to get a feel for how fast the movement is right now.

I'm sure I'm not the highest Gen around here, but I do have a few basic tips if you're interested in getting sweaty and improving your game:

--Do not ignore the hostile NPCs. A lot of noobs bypass these, either because they want to stay off the radar or they're tunnel-visioning other pilots, and miss out on a shitload of points/money/titan gauge.
--Don't be afraid to spend your credits to unlock things. You'll end up with way more credits than you need before too long, so you may as well get the good stuff perma-unlocked ASAP.
--Don't always call in your titan the very moment your gauge is full. Look at the top of the screen to check how many titans each team has out -- if they have way more than you, your titan is likely going to get gang-banged and you won't get much use out of it.
--Some kits and weapons are just straight up better than others -- I won't go into detail here, but FrothyOmen has a "tier list" guide on YouTube that should point you in the right direction. Play whatever's fun for you, but be advised that (especially as a new player), running Mastiff is going to put you at a big disadvantage to people using Volt/Devotion/CAR/etc.
--Boosts can only be used once per titan deployment, so for instance you won't get two "dice roll" boosts per single titan gauge, even though the cost is only ~36%
--HOWEVER, boosts can be saved and used all at once if you have had a few titan deployments by the end of the game. That is to say, you could potentially call in 4-6 ticks, 2-3 turrets, etc. all at once.
--Always keep moving -- even if you haven't mastered all the crazy power-slides, motion is life.

I'll probably think of more later, but that's a good starting point.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

Don't take this as a console vs. PC post, but are most of the people lamenting how strong the Hemlok is playing on console? On PC it's good but still outclassed by many other guns. Same thing with the devotion.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

s1ppycup posted:

--Don't always call in your titan the very moment your gauge is full. Look at the top of the screen to check how many titans each team has out -- if they have way more than you, your titan is likely going to get gang-banged and you won't get much use out of it.

Related, but if you're using a titan that is kind of weak vs pilots (Legion) and there aren't any enemy titans in the field, it's not a bad idea to hold off. You'll likely end up eating a bunch of anti-titan fire and then be at a disadvantage when enemy titans do drop in.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 3, 2017

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I handicap myself against both and use scorch.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Trisk posted:

Don't take this as a console vs. PC post, but are most of the people lamenting how strong the Hemlok is playing on console? On PC it's good but still outclassed by many other guns. Same thing with the devotion.

Yes, in Frothy's video he calls this out as a pure console problem. And he's right.

I used the Hemlock a bit over the weekend and a pilot was jumping around about 30 feet away. When I ADS'd it literally pulled my gun reticle over his body and tracked him for a good half-a-second. That was enough to get off a fatal burst.

The console ADS aim-assist is set really high for the Hemlock and that's a big part of the problem.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 3, 2017

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Xbox Bro: soggybagel

Add me! Also I've been experimenting with guns I never use and man sometimes it sucks. I should honestly stop using the Devotion because now I feel like every other gun isn't good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My fine aim control is absolutely terrible so I use the Eva-8 and avoid that issue :v:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

In other news, Walgreen's impulse buy counter area loving on point today:

there's a 10-inch BT figure but they didn't have it :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I keep almost buying that but he looks all awkward.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

s1ppycup posted:

I'm sure I'm not the highest Gen around here, but I do have a few basic tips if you're interested in getting sweaty and improving your game:

--Do not ignore the hostile NPCs. A lot of noobs bypass these, either because they want to stay off the radar or they're tunnel-visioning other pilots, and miss out on a shitload of points/money/titan gauge.
--Don't be afraid to spend your credits to unlock things. You'll end up with way more credits than you need before too long, so you may as well get the good stuff perma-unlocked ASAP.
--Some kits and weapons are just straight up better than others -- I won't go into detail here, but FrothyOmen has a "tier list" guide on YouTube that should point you in the right direction. Play whatever's fun for you, but be advised that (especially as a new player), running Mastiff is going to put you at a big disadvantage to people using Volt/Devotion/CAR/etc.
--Boosts can only be used once per titan deployment, so for instance you won't get two "dice roll" boosts per single titan gauge, even though the cost is only ~36%
--HOWEVER, boosts can be saved and used all at once if you have had a few titan deployments by the end of the game. That is to say, you could potentially call in 4-6 ticks, 2-3 turrets, etc. all at once.
--Always keep moving -- even if you haven't mastered all the crazy power-slides, motion is life.

I'll probably think of more later, but that's a good starting point.

Any advice helps since I don't have a ton of time to play so I like to maximize my time spent.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

He's a bit stiff but pretty sweet I think. Comes with CAR, Pulse Blade and a handgun which I will ID as soon as I log into the game and check. The Pulse Blade is a little cheap-looking, but the guns are pretty solid.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Biodome posted:

Anyone else still playing on Xbox One?

Magnus Condomus posted:

I, too, am of the xboner boyz. Gt=concernedreader

Wazzit is the Network owner and also usually organizes the party when we end up group playing

The Network list is kind of silly because once people form a party it doesn't list them as online in the network so it will only look like 1 or 2 people are online when most of us are in groups. If you're looking to play, add me or send me a message. I haven't really played as much as I've wanted to over the holiday but should start getting pretty sweaty again this week.

Also almost to the pre Gen 11 Level cap, any word on when they are making Gen 11 available to unlock?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wazzit posted:

Also almost to the pre Gen 11 Level cap

gat drat, dude that's impressive

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There is something about the red parts of Cooper's clothes that really appeals to me aesthetically. I'm tempted to say it reminds me of retro cosmonaut red spacesuits, but I know it's not the right red/orange color

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I got both of the hardback Art of Titanfall/Titanfall 2 books today. They're well nice!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just added all the goons that weren't already on my list. GT is Pops Mgee for anyone still adding people.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The one thing that continues to piss me off is me missing constant melee's and yet when I get melee'd its like the guy is torpedo homing missile onto my face.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Trisk posted:

The Hemlock may be a console nightmare but the Devotion is hot on PC as well. Hipfiring that thing gives a target about one second to live. This reminds me that I need to finish regenning the Hemlock before it gets nerfed into the ground because what kind of a successful fps would ever balance PC and console differently.

soggybagel posted:

The one thing that continues to piss me off is me missing constant melee's and yet when I get melee'd its like the guy is torpedo homing missile onto my face.

Melee is dumb. If you're close you will always miss. If you do it from five feet away you boost towards them and get the kill. Unless one of you is standing perfectly still it might as well be random.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

soggybagel posted:

Yeah absolutely. I cannot stand the melee in this game because it feels like I got robbed 9/10 times and it just came down to the connection. Either that or my fist flies straight through them and a half second later I'm punched to death.

I think the game is too fast for melee to feel consistently fair. That and I'm just sick of one hit kill melee in shooters. It should be like battlefield where it only works if you sneak up from behind.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I just bought a basic stereo headset, plugged into the controller, and I'm wondering how to hear chat better. Having a hell of a time finding info on what options there are. I've heard that in a PS4 party you can adjust the mix ratio - but if I'm in a game party is that possible? Will turning down the volume slider in the game work or does that turn down both game and in-game audio? Or do I need to make a PS4 party and then just start a game? What if I'm in a PS4 party and those members are in an in game party with me? What if there's an in game party with a mix of PS4 party and in game party members - who will be at what volume?

Or do I need a different headset? So confused.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kelp Me! posted:

In other news, Walgreen's impulse buy counter area loving on point today:

there's a 10-inch BT figure but they didn't have it :(

I'm holding out for the McFarlane Toys BT-7274 toy coming out in March, myself :shepspends:.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Finally, G10 Legion.

Now I just need a few more levels to get his final weapon camo. Then maybe I'll start using Scorch or Ion. If only it was so easy to get pilot levels I wouldn't be only G7.22 now.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Wish I had known about that splash damage glitch with Ion sooner. Has completely changed the game, especially since pubbie legions love emptying their clips into the shield.
:unsmigghh:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
it's such a good feeling, same with launching tone's salvo core up and then dropping it back down on some unsuspecting victim's head

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What exacrtly is the Vortex glitch? I've just stopped using Ion and started entertaining the notion of Tone-ing it up.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Dan Didio posted:

What exacrtly is the Vortex glitch? I've just stopped using Ion and started entertaining the notion of Tone-ing it up.
There's two known issues; one involves splash damage getting multiplied damage to an extreme extent when thrown back by the vortex and the other has to do with the duration being tied to your frame rate.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Dan Didio posted:

As I understand it (and have been taking advantage of) the relevant glitch is when an Ion blocks hitscan bullets from a pilot or a Legion, the splash damage from those bullets is multiplied by some insane amount. Catching a bunch of Legion bullets and then reflecting them next to his feet is often enough to send him from full health to doomed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's nothing worse than fighting Ion and having some pub legion walk up next to you and just unload into his shield.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
There's so many bad, clumsy Legions out there too. This knowledge is invaluable. Smell ya' later, Tone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luckily Ion is the easiest Titan to spot a good or bad player with. It usually takes about 3 seconds for me to know whether I can just go to town or if I need to call backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I feel like Devotion is going to get nerfed so I'm just playing with it so I can hopefully hit G10 soon. I'm only at G4.11 and I still work where I don't play for a few days. I know, i know, very lame problems.