Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Thinking about coming back, haven't played since before Taken King. Game good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Meridian posted:

Thinking about coming back, haven't played since before Taken King. Game good?

You left right at the point it became good, literally everthing released since then including TTK has been much better than everything before TTK.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

haveblue posted:

You left right at the point it became good, literally everthing released since then including TTK has been much better than everything before TTK.

Oh sweet. Well, since I'm getting a boost with the new content, which class should I dump that on?

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

WakeDGN posted:

Hey goons,

Been a while since I posted here but just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a new Destiny PvP Map Guide video series on youtube. I know its typically a bit late in the game's life cycle for this kind of thing but I figure there may be some Black Friday/Xmas kinderguardians out there and besides Im using it as a dress rehearsal for Destiny 2.

Here's the first video (for Black Shield) in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWdNUaDONxQ

Comments and feedback would be appreciated!
Video was not annoying to watch, placing it head and shoulders above 95% of game related content You Tube dot com.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Meridian posted:

Oh sweet. Well, since I'm getting a boost with the new content, which class should I dump that on?

The boost things kinda suck, I mean you get the levels but you are a level 25 or 40 whatever with nothing but your first grenade unlocked in 1 subclass.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

The boost things kinda suck, I mean you get the levels but you are a level 25 or 40 whatever with nothing but your first grenade unlocked in 1 subclass.

But the missions will still be easier because you will be over leveled. You'll get better light drops too.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

True, maybe the late game stuff will be hard without any of the armor/recovery boosts from the skill tree or your super but patrols and early missions are easy. I used a 25 on a char this weekend and leveled it to 40 almost exclusively in SRL.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I was capped on each class at the time I quit, so I'm pretty sure I have some progress into each of the subclasses except the new one. Not sure how much that matters.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The new ones were all significantly OP but now they are just kinda OP with voidwalker, striker and blade dancer having made comebacks of varying degrees for various skill floors.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Can't sleep on the fun factor that Sunbreaker brings. Incendiary grenades (or fusions), Hammer of Sol and titan skating are all rad as gently caress and conducive to a "fly around the map" playstyle, which is what I think is the best part of Destiny.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yeah, high mobility is so much fun in this game that every time players start to master it Bungie takes it away.

Hidden sprint cooldowns, blink got hosed, twilight garrison got hosed, shadestep got hosed. Only thing that hasn't been messed with is skating.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't ever take the artifact that removes the sprint cool down off :nutshot:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So I just realized the NM bullet hose can roll HCR/PB/CB or HCR/SB/CB. Anyone have either roll? Thoughts?

Just got HCr/SB/Persistence and it's awesome for PvE but the initial accuracy and recoil is bad. But i can't even imagine getting hit by an HCR bullethose.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
0 for 12 on Icebreaker.

Jesus loving Christ, Bungie.

:negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I did four hours of CoE last night at about 8 minutes a run, jack poo poo for hours then suddenly two dreg's promises as I was ready to quit.

(Trying for y2 lord of wolves which I don't have yet)

RNG. :buddy:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Maker Of Shoes posted:

0 for 12 on Icebreaker.

Jesus loving Christ, Bungie.

:negative:

:negative: it's your cursed crux account

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Menstrual Show posted:

Can't sleep on the fun factor that Sunbreaker brings. Incendiary grenades (or fusions), Hammer of Sol and titan skating are all rad as gently caress and conducive to a "fly around the map" playstyle, which is what I think is the best part of Destiny.

Sunbreaker with the 10 second grenade cooldown when super charged is nasty as gently caress. Incendiaries own

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Sunbreaker with the 10 second grenade cooldown when super charged is nasty as gently caress. Incendiaries own

Brb logging back onto my warlock thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Brb logging back onto my warlock thanks.

You won't make many orbs unless you get lucky but holy poo poo area denial and it's fun listening to fireteam members bitch about visibility and framerate.

Sunbreaker with fast grenades is hilarious in mayhem.. they're the fastest grenade cycling in the game. You can hang back and lob mortars until your bumper wears out. Both the incendiary and fire wall ones are fun.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
bullshit snipes of destiny volume MCXVII

http://i.imgur.com/ctL6Tms.gifv

motherfucker ricochets right off the side of the door, game gives it to me anyway

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 4, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Remember when this was a pve bounty? :smug:

http://i.imgur.com/ZAhCxvw.gifv

My only regret is I forgot to wave.

(I was snaking smallpox's kills all night long)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Apparently I had the new Icebreaker in my postmaster from yesterday. Smell ya later, Destiny.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So I just realized the NM bullet hose can roll HCR/PB/CB or HCR/SB/CB. Anyone have either roll? Thoughts?

Just got HCr/SB/Persistence and it's awesome for PvE but the initial accuracy and recoil is bad. But i can't even imagine getting hit by an HCR bullethose.

I have a HCR/PB/persistence Extremophile with sureshot as a scope option. If I get the first shot and the range is close enough, I win most 1v1s.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mikey-San posted:

bullshit snipes of destiny volume MCXVII

motherfucker ricochets right off the side of the door, game gives it to me anyway

I love those. Just shows you how big hitboxes are. Check the second snipe on this. Right into the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/bCdmjOH.gifv

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

Apparently I had the new Icebreaker in my postmaster from yesterday. Smell ya later, Destiny.

How do you get the new icebreaker again?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DrNutt posted:

Turning in the Sunrise bounty

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

DrNutt posted:

Completing the nightfall gold tier bounty from Zavala, the titan vanguard dude.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh okay, is that a weekly thing, because I didn't get it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

I have a HCR/PB/persistence Extremophile with sureshot as a scope option. If I get the first shot and the range is close enough, I win most 1v1s.

That's a mid impact, not low impact. The NM one can be a doctrine style with HCR.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DrNutt posted:

Oh okay, is that a weekly thing, because I didn't get it?

Yes, you get one bounty for each character for a total of three attempts each week.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
Dropped into the middle of a Rumble match, stole heavy, then got seven kills with my Field Scout Silvered Dread. Thanks for the 9.0 k/d Rumble game, you ridiculous loving gun.

First pick two has Smallbore and Braced Frame.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 4, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/6yfkyW9.gifv

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Going down the bone list and adding goons from the app today at work, if you see a request from UC That Horse it's me.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

cvnvcnv posted:

Anyone been rocking Silvered with Machine Gun armor? Hammer Forged/Field Scout/RF but I've got some Snow boots I could mote up if there's an extra couple kills worth in there.

The most you can get from a heavy box is 70 rounds, and field scout with no ammo perks gets 68. Not a big deal.

I'm quoting this from memory, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

With bonus saladin's vigil cleanup!

http://i.imgur.com/2ON8NHC.mp4

I think one person escaped with heavies, someone in team chat mentioned it a few seconds later.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I can place one order with the gunsmith thanks to suffering through crucible matches with those guns (the hc wasn't too bad) and finding two of those fusion rifle things, is there anything worth ordering this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I can place one order with the gunsmith thanks to suffering through crucible matches with those guns (the hc wasn't too bad) and finding two of those fusion rifle things, is there anything worth ordering this week?

The dis-43 can be a really really good PvE gun. Doesn't shine in pvp but oh well.

The suros jlb-42 can be a very good RL because it can roll javelin, heavy payload and proximity detonation. Great roll for PvE or pvp. Unfortunately it's hard to roll this so you might be sitting on the package a few weeks.

I'd go with the dis43 unless you already have a good scout rifle.

The other 3 guns are poo poo.

• Locked thread