Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Dante18907 posted:

Whats a good way to get Legendary Marks without access to the various daily strike playlists? I have been getting a couple a day just through dismantling old/offclass gear from the 1-2 sublime engrams I get but otherwise thats it aside from the odd quest reward.

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Legendary_Marks

Here is pretty good guide as to where they come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

ephori posted:

You're using it with a mouse and keyboard though normally right? Have you tried it with the Elite?

Yeah just a normal kbm setup. Nothing fancy.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Here is a pretty good guide for people just starting destiny.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/55tdhp/what_do_i_do_now_a_newbie_guide_rise_of_iron/

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Shotguns can roll with high caliber rounds?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

wow running strikes is actually not horrible with all fifteen of them actually in the playlist

sure seems like it loving loves cerebeus bae iii a lot more than the other ones still tho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

Congrats. Any good drops? Felt like SRL threw (lovely) eyaslunas at me like candy.

I got lots of lovely Lunas. But I got tons of amazing guns this week. With SRL making GBS threads drops, getting 231 crucible rep every 5 minute race, and POE taking 2 minutes to farm solo, this week was maybe the best week of gun loot I've ever had in Destiny. Here's the stuff I kept this week.

Got Icebreaker in time for the Solar weekly burn.

Got this from a Skeleton Key Chest

Here are my straight SRL Drops:

Absolutely Perfect Roll Hopscotch Pilgrim (everything)

Perfect Ill Will

Rangy Party Crasher

I didn't know a Matador could do 67/32 with Hammer Forged/Smooth Balls. Might be interesting with the ungodly AA boost both give it.

70/32 Matador with the perfect final round abuse perks for warlock mains

Fun NL Shadow

Good 77 Wizard (It has lower base stability and higher base range than a Saladman so BF is still deec on it)

Sick Undending Deluge

and here are my good rankup packages from SRL's generous crucible rep distribution:

Excellent B29 Party Favor

Amazing PvE Hero Formula

Rangy Saturn Rapist

Excellent LHF

My new favorite Supremacy Shotgun (67/32 like a PC+1 but loving snapshot!!11)

And finally, my reward for grinding out PoE rep this week:

Full Auto CB Smallbore Aegis!!!

I don't know why the API displays Pulse Rifle mag sizes one burst too short but it does.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Absolutely Perfect Roll Hopscotch Pilgrim (everything)
OAS, Sureshot / Headseeker / Braced Frame, Injection Mold / Full Auto here. Thing burns rear end with zero effort.

cvnvcnv fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 3, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Rangy Party Crasher

Fun NL Shadow

Good 77 Wizard (It has lower base stability and higher base range than a Saladman so BF is still deec on it)

Excellent B29 Party Favor

Amazing PvE Hero Formula

Rangy Saturn Rapist

i'd shard all dees guns

the other ones are really good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

peregrine content (it seems strange that the first does 304 damage, and the second 334, when nova bomb has more armor)

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/816148543824138240

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/816151244788076544

is this how I use this thing?

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/816149167106101248

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 3, 2017

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

wut

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

i'd shard all dees guns

the other ones are really good

PvE is a thing mang. The Hero formula is so fun there. The recoil pattern and stability are good enough that you two tap mooks without any adjustment and it's a firefly kill.

Same with the Saturn Raper. 100 range is funny.

I need a good arc fusion so the Wizard stays.

I should probably shard the PC+1. Especially with everything else I have. I'll have to double check if I have another good void shotty tho.

The Party Favor feels really good in PvP and if they do in fact adjust HCR in a balancing patch it will be extremely good. I honestly didn't expect it to be good but I was ripping face with it when I used it in crucible. 94 stability, above average range, feeding frenzy to make up for the low mag size, and SS. Plus it's funny to wash people with the vendor gun.

My vault is crammed because I expect a significant balance patch very shortly.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This was fun but Variks gave me jack poo poo. RNG!

http://i.imgur.com/2n1Vs8M.gifv

Two dregs promises too, still no y2 lord of wolves. :smith:

Also ace of spades is such a good pve gun.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://i.imgur.com/gIwkvei.gifv

:discourse:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
http://i.imgur.com/6f6xl2d.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Also ace of spades is such a good pve gun.

Gospel. Not bad in Crucible, either.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
advice from actually good players: "don't push, it'll make the spawns unpredictable"
me: :circlefap:

http://i.imgur.com/hk2JtG9.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

Shotguns can roll with high caliber rounds?

Idek

And my Tiers display incorrectly because Cloak of Snows is bugged. DESTINY: It's always something.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

PvE is a thing mang. The Hero formula is so fun there. The recoil pattern and stability are good enough that you two tap mooks without any adjustment and it's a firefly kill.

Same with the Saturn Raper. 100 range is funny.

My take a knee/explosive rounds/outlaw Cryptic Dragon has rendered every pve gun irrelevant. Explosive rounds are so goddamn good right now

deadwing fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 3, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

My take a knee/explosive rounds/outlaw Cryptic Dragon has rendered every pve gun irrelevant. Explosive rounds are so goddamn good right now

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

That's a pretty spicy roll but the cryptic dragon just feels so goddamn smooth, it just feels better than the other guns in it's archetype

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

That's a pretty spicy roll but the cryptic dragon just feels so goddamn smooth, it just feels better than the other guns in it's archetype

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My current favorite PvE guns are genesis chain and my firefly "wounded" scout from FWC.

And when I'm on my hunter, ace of spades.

Basically I just really like firefly.

~*you can't take the sky from me*~

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I still have a pavlovian avoidance of firefly from the crash-happy TTK era.

Favorite gun right now is a Hand of Judgement with explosive rounds. Heavy scouts were always the best and it can one-shot shanks in WOTM.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I just sent in the Bone Krew form and applied to the group, I had stared playing Destiny on PS4 but I never got very deep into it because my HDMI port on my PS4 went bad and would just randomly shut off when playing, not good for online games. Anyway, during the xmas sale I bought the collection for the Bone and I have a convertible. Are the colored rows on the spreadsheet active people?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

I still have a pavlovian avoidance of firefly from the crash-happy TTK era.

Favorite gun right now is a Hand of Judgement with explosive rounds. Heavy scouts were always the best and it can one-shot shanks in WOTM.

Does this trigger you?

For real tho I used this on Aksis (with Third Eye) until I got the trials scout. The trials scout with Accurized Ballistics/Explosive will one shot them and the highlighting scope helps cut through siva swarms. Shoots way faster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I have a boner at work now thanks

Mine has FF too but I never turn it on (leave it on rangefinder) for both the reason above and explosive rounds fights with it.

Also what's the deal with that avatar and why do so many people have variants of it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

I have a boner at work now thanks

Mine has FF too but I never turn it on (leave it on rangefinder) for both the reason above and explosive rounds fights with it.

Also what's the deal with that avatar and why do so many people have variants of it?

FYAD ICE rear end

if you piss off an IK by having text in your tar they'll give it to you

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I just sent in the Bone Krew form and applied to the group, I had stared playing Destiny on PS4 but I never got very deep into it because my HDMI port on my PS4 went bad and would just randomly shut off when playing, not good for online games. Anyway, during the xmas sale I bought the collection for the Bone and I have a convertible. Are the colored rows on the spreadsheet active people?

the yellow are OGs who are pretty active on destiny, the greens are verified people I (guy who made the sheet) have played and enjoyed my time with. There's others there that are active.

It's not in the OP but we have a pretty active Slack channel for bone krew that we use to organize PvE and PvP and compare guns and stuff. if you want an invite shoot me a PM with your email.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Actually slack seems to mostly be about posting hilarious gifs.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

xzzy posted:

Every discord I'm a member of seems to be about the same thing, which is good.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

How audible were your sighs on those 2nd place finishes?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

How audible were your sighs on those 2nd place finishes?

Very audible but very infrequent.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Btw if PooM Enterprises LLC needs an SRL recov guy let's talk business

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

This is my go to PVE weapon now, from strikes to HM Aksis.

Truesight - Spray and Play - Reinforced Barrel - Firefly

WakeDGN
Dec 19, 2014
Hey goons,

Been a while since I posted here but just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a new Destiny PvP Map Guide video series on youtube. I know its typically a bit late in the game's life cycle for this kind of thing but I figure there may be some Black Friday/Xmas kinderguardians out there and besides Im using it as a dress rehearsal for Destiny 2.

Here's the first video (for Black Shield) in the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWdNUaDONxQ

Comments and feedback would be appreciated!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

WakeDGN posted:

Hey goons,

Been a while since I posted here but just wanted to let everyone know that I've started a new Destiny PvP Map Guide video series on youtube. I know its typically a bit late in the game's life cycle for this kind of thing but I figure there may be some Black Friday/Xmas kinderguardians out there and besides Im using it as a dress rehearsal for Destiny 2.

I'm not featured in any of the kill feeds. Disliked.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
It's a good vid but you are very redundant with information in several places. You could lop off the entire first minute and twenty seconds of the video and you wouldn't lose anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

WakeDGN posted:

Hey goons,

Sure would have been useful in May 2015 when this map was released!

• Locked thread