Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i love my airpods, great product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i saw someone in public wearing them the other day. it wasn't in an apple store.

that's my airpods story

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Last Chance posted:

i love my airpods, great product.

what is great about it? the price point?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

show them being worn by someone who has hair

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

are there any pictures of someone wearing google glass and airpods. there must be

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

THC posted:

show them being worn by someone who has hair

Half the pictures?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oh well they look great if you cover them up with your hair!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Linguica posted:

are there any pictures of someone wearing google glass and airpods. there must be

now's a good time to stock up on unwanted google glass so you can resell them in 10 years on ebay for big money as props in "early 2000s tech rear end in a top hat" costumes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Half the pictures?
a middle aged man with a receding hairline doesn't count

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

i saw someone in public wearing them the other day. it wasn't in an apple store.

that's my airpods story

did looking at them name you chuckle?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I love apples

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

theyre poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtNafBmDPEU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

its funny seeing people enjoying them and describing them as good, but then summarize it by saying they wont buy it because "not going to buy a product just because his holiness steve jobs said so :smug:" lol

their loss

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

zen death robot posted:

white as hell is a terrible color for something that large hanging out of your ears, it draws your eyes to it instead of just kind of blending a bit

there's a reason most bt earpieces and hell earpieces in general use darker colors man

they look like the cum danglingfrom ben stiller's ear in the raunchy 90s hit movie There's Something About Mary

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fits my needs posted:

did looking at them name you chuckle?

no but it made me wince in pain from remembering shoving hard plastic earbuds in my ears

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Last Chance posted:

its funny seeing people enjoying them and describing them as good, but then summarize it by saying they wont buy it because "not going to buy a product just because his holiness steve jobs said so :smug:" lol

their loss

actually that sounds like their gain

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it'd be pretty interesting to see what would happen to the world if consumerism was to actually drop off a bit, but probably it is too deep in the reptile brain to ever really change

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

they look like the cum danglingfrom ben stiller's ear in the raunchy 90s hit movie There's Something About Mary

it's probably aged poorly but that was a funny as gently caress movie at the time

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

echinopsis posted:

it's probably aged poorly but that was a funny as gently caress movie at the time

yea, im still surprised that scene was allowed to stay in a mainstream rom-com (R rating notwithstanding)

Ben Stiller posted:

My big thing with that scene was that I argued with the Farrelly brothers all during the shot, asking how he could not feel it on his ear? I was lobbying them to have a back story that the character had somehow, like, lost sensitivity in his ear, like he had gotten hit as a kid or something. They finally told me it doesn’t matter, and I should quit thinking about it.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it'd be pretty interesting to see what would happen to the world if consumerism was to actually drop off a bit, but probably it is too deep in the reptile brain to ever really change

some other way of keeping score would have to fill the void, we'd prob see increasing popularity of one or more of:
  • professional awards / accolades
  • sports rivalries
  • tribal boundary and morality policing
  • competitive video gaming
  • competitive knockout gaming
  • competitive spur posseing/wilding
  • religious proselytizing/conversion
  • ethnic cleansing
  • global thermonuclear war

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

courageous :eng101:

Moreleth
Jun 11, 2001

lego my eggo

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

yea, im still surprised that scene was allowed to stay in a mainstream rom-com (R rating notwithstanding)

some other way of keeping score would have to fill the void, we'd prob see increasing popularity of one or more of:
  • professional awards / accolades
  • sports rivalries
  • tribal boundary and morality policing
  • competitive video gaming
  • competitive knockout gaming
  • competitive spur posseing/wilding
  • religious proselytizing/conversion
  • ethnic cleansing
  • global thermonuclear war

classic

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

THC posted:

a middle aged man with a receding hairline

qirex posted:

"early 2000s tech rear end in a top hat" costume

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

don't dox me

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
all your dongles, now in one device!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Where are the ports I just see a fat rear end slab

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I dunno that actually seems like a good solution to some of the MacBook issues. still a very bad laptop tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Too fat, can't find hole. Story of my life.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lol irl

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Blue Train posted:

Where are the ports I just see a fat rear end slab

it clearly adds an extra USB-C, a flash card reader, and an optical drive bay, what more could you ask for?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the more things change...

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
someone should make clip on extenders for the bottom of the Airpods that hold them together and let you physically tether them to your iPhone.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
apple should release a new version of the macbook pro with an optical drive, except if you order it, when you receive a box, inside will only be a gun with one bullet, because you are a loving idiot if you order it and you deserve it.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Wild EEPROM posted:

apple should release a new version of the macbook pro with an optical drive, except if you order it, when you receive a box, inside will only be a gun with one bullet, because you are a loving idiot if you order it and you deserve it.

deep

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Blue Train posted:

a fat rear end slab

dsyp

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

relax people, the new x1 carbon is here, just forget that nasty old mbp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
smdh if your freak ear canals are too defective to pleasurably accept jony ive's hard white plastic courage

• Locked thread