Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I played warframe briefly, wasn't there already a cyst-like thing that you got afflicted with at the start of the game, and the beginning questline was to remove it? Why would it upset people that they have one again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's like how when Blizzard did a prelaunch event for Wrath of the Lich King expansion where there was an undead plague going around infecting players and turning them into ghouls, they had to end it early because people whined about it so much.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

chitoryu12 posted:

He's definitely going to need some work to get back to being an action star, as opposed to a comedy dad.

The lost McElroy brother

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Munchables posted:

I played warframe briefly, wasn't there already a cyst-like thing that you got afflicted with at the start of the game, and the beginning questline was to remove it? Why would it upset people that they have one again?

Unlike the Ascaris which is removed with a cheap crafted item you can make infinity of, the Helminth Cyst is (currently) only removable via draining for creating a Helminth Charger. This requires a Kubrow Egg, which is a RNG drop from a limited number of entities that can only spawn on Earth Missions, and an available pet Stasis Slot. Stasis Slots are limited(2 free ones) unless you spend real money or trade items to other players for Platinum to unlock additional ones. It also can only be done a real life week after getting it.

I do think the people whining about it are silly. But some people play the game to play cosmetic dress up, and it does kind of ruin that aspect even if it has no bearing on gameplay.

Skaw has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Jan 4, 2017

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Posted on Imgur like it was the sickest burn of 2017:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

They're called airplanes. :negative:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm flying to England to throw the second guy in a garbage can

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

*x-file theme plays*

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

As someone who lives in Football Country, no, probably not. There'd probably be more rednecks getting into beer-fueled failed stunts or generalized brawls. Or maybe another Crusades, to get the tribalism fix.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Puppy Time posted:

As someone who lives in Football Country, no, probably not. There'd probably be more rednecks getting into beer-fueled failed stunts or generalized brawls. Or maybe another Crusades, to get the tribalism fix.

Think about all the time we've wasted on writing and reading novels. If we had only dedicated all that brain energy to science we might have ethical vat-grown meat by now. What a loving tragedy that Steven King didn't do anything more important with his time...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

to think, Paul Johnson would have solved the energy crisis if he didn't occupy all of his waking thoughts with the triple option

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i'd loving love to see nuclear physicist Andy Reid in another universe

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

to think, Paul Johnson would have solved the energy crisis if he didn't occupy all of his waking thoughts with the triple option

To think, this man could have cured cancer if he didn't use his intellect for other purposes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuknFnmmWxY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

i'd loving love to see nuclear physicist Andy Reid in another universe

"oh gently caress we ran out of time to lower the control rods again"

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

Chichevache posted:

They're called airplanes. :negative:

More importantly, do you want the average driver out there trying to manage three dimensions in crowded conditions with thousands of other average drivers?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Alaois posted:

"oh gently caress we ran out of time to lower the control rods again"

andy-reid-thumbs.gif except the sandwich is yellow cake uranium

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Skaw posted:

I do think the people whining about it are silly. But some people play the game to play cosmetic dress up, and it does kind of ruin that aspect even if it has no bearing on gameplay.

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of it visually. Granted, you can barely see it during gameplay, and I'm more excited about what will come since I swear I'm one of the few who actually like the plot and characterization in Warframe.

Throwing a tantrum, claiming the developers must fulfill your every whim, and saying that it's somehow illegal just makes you look like a spoiled brat.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Jan 4, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Throwing Turtles posted:

More importantly, do you want the average driver out there trying to manage three dimensions in crowded conditions with thousands of other average drivers?

I'm imagining everyone trying to pilot the flying car from Final Fantasy XV and the constant explosions that would result.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Throwing Turtles posted:

If only Neil Degrasse Tyson spent as much time working through his pithy remarks as he does typing them out for Internet credit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

bean_shadow posted:

Racist angry that Tom Hanks's granddaughter is mixed-race.

There are many reasons why Chet Hanks is a loser but this will never be one of them. And I'm sure the article writer and commenter are physically shining examples of their race. The little girl is adorable, the Hanks family probably embrace her and her mother with loving arms, and I'm glad it pisses these pieces of garbage off.

This has to be parody. Come on.

"YOU'D THINK HIS GRANDAUGHTER WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS WHITE GIRL. NOPE. HER MOTHER HIS BLACK AND SO IS SHE. :barf:"

Shalkore
Oct 11, 2007

Welcome to 2012!

Fashionable Jorts posted:

So popular free-to-play game Warframe added some new content, including a "cyst" that you can get through a certain plot mission, or from interacting with other players who have a cyst. It's a tiny pink blob on the character's neck that you can't even see 99% of the time. It can be removed after it's fully grown, which takes seven days real time to do.

Apparently it's the worst thing to ever happen to videogames.

For those not familiar with the game, Prime frames are one of the items in the game that require a lot of time and effort to acquire, or you can purchase one from another player for a fair amount of the in-game currency (which essentially means you can pay another player 2-15 real dollars to do the work for you).

Dude sounds like he's being physically assaulted by a tiny bit of content in a videogame.

The developers of a free-to-play game are literally my servant and must do my every whim! I won't have fun unless the game cowers to me!

Video games must fill out and have me sign a new contract every time they decide to patch it. My lawyers must be present during this.

TL:DR tiny babby is mad about videogames.

seems like a troll. maybe don't take the bait next time.

Shalkore has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Jan 4, 2017

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Ularg posted:

Posted on Imgur like it was the sickest burn of 2017:

as a dude with a beard i find the top part funny because its true.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

snergle posted:

It is, but do you also have a stringy ginger chinstrap too?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Data Graham posted:

I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS GAME HAVING PLOT POINTS.

This is basically the response to any Warframe update because most of the time, they're actually really bad :shrug:. This is a game that once made the first level nearly impossible to beat and then the dev team personally berated anyone who pointed this out on their forums and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Munchables posted:

that was an entirely different thing that someone planted on you and it made you take more damage or something stupid and took actual in-game resources to clear up. And if you lost against certain surprise bosses you'd get another one stuck on you.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

snergle posted:

Oh yea, agreed. I find the person on the bottom an idiot who feels so offended that he just has to retort about a quip "WELL FEMALES ARE BAD TOOOOO"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Throwing Turtles posted:

Insert picture of the Flying Pinto here. And the fact that it rightfully killed its inventor.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Throwing Turtles posted:

Yeah, this is why flying cars never really got past the prototype stage. They're just so hilariously impractical and dangerous.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

bean_shadow posted:

Racist angry that Tom Hanks's granddaughter is mixed-race.

There are many reasons why Chet Hanks is a loser but this will never be one of them. And I'm sure the article writer and commenter are physically shining examples of their race. The little girl is adorable, the Hanks family probably embrace her and her mother with loving arms, and I'm glad it pisses these pieces of garbage off.

Guess it's time to start checking link URLs before following them, again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RatHat posted:

Yeah, this is why flying cars never really got past the prototype stage. They're just so hilariously impractical and dangerous.

I'd love to be the guy driving on the hover highway when my engine stalls for a second and sends me plummeting into the next five lanes below before finally hitting the pedestrian traffic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

This has to be parody. Come on.

"YOU'D THINK HIS GRANDAUGHTER WOULD LOOK LIKE THIS WHITE GIRL. NOPE. HER MOTHER HIS BLACK AND SO IS SHE. :barf:"

It's the Daily Stormer. Literally a white power racist website.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

It's like how when Blizzard did a prelaunch event for Wrath of the Lich King expansion where there was an undead plague going around infecting players and turning them into ghouls, they had to end it early because people whined about it so much.

Not really, because the Warframe thing is purely cosmetic but the Wrath event interfered with regular gameplay.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Today I learned the word "Jigaboo." I think I could have safely gone without knowing that.

Second comment is this image:

"Hey guys I flipped off a baby I am so awesome." Christ.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just... peak stupid white person.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Granted this is my view on sports

But after decades of contemplation. What has Neil deGrasse Tyson invented besides internet macros for soccer moms?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zephyrine posted:

Granted this is my view on sports

See now, this on its own is amusing because it is absolutely true. Between period interviews with players in the NHL are absolutely hilarious because they're athletes, not actors. The majority of them don't know how to talk to a camera, and now you're coming up and talking to them after they've busted their rear end for forty minutes. So yeah, funny picture.

But then you get the assholes who post it along with their fifty paragraph manifesto about why they are superior to the plebs for not following sports.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

Today I learned the word "Jigaboo." I think I could have safely gone without knowing that.

Second comment is this image:

"Hey guys I flipped off a baby I am so awesome." Christ.

Saw this baby just sitting in the drivers seat of an unlocked car while at the gas station with the gravel lot.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

sometimes I wonder if we'd have universal basic income by now if we hadn't wasted so much brainpower on astrophysics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Peanut Butler posted:

sometimes I wonder if we'd have universal basic income by now if we hadn't wasted so much brainpower on astrophysics

It's not all astrophysics. He also spared some brainpower to make a rap song refuting that the world was flat

Which I would normally give him credit for if not for his judgemental view on how people spend their past time.