Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

going to be tough to sell all these corn dogs weithout an intermission. Anybody want some mystery product, to buy? hint it's a corn dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
after talking smack how long to this show?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

after talking smack how long to this show?
"pre show" starts in three hours and eight minutes, main show starts in four hours and eight minutes. 11pst/2est and 12pst/3est respectively.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress I wish I could be there live again this year. The main event and Naito/Tanahashi is gonna rule.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cams posted:

"pre show" starts in three hours and eight minutes, main show starts in four hours and eight minutes. 11pst/2est and 12pst/3est respectively.

thank you friend!

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Anybody know how long this will run? I want to wake up for the main event matches

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Anybody know how long this will run? I want to wake up for the main event matches

5 hours probably

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oatgan posted:

5 hours probably
i will be taking my benadryl around 330 am so i am really hoping it is wrapping up around 430

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Got about 90 minutes of sleep and feel totally refreshed now and ready for this. It's nice that I woke up early anyway so I have time to run to the mini mart across the street for diet Red Bull and maybe some snacks since there's no intermission

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

smh at the "no intermission/piss break" talk when there's clearly a Cody Rrrrrr match on the card

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
Just signed up for the online service! Going to hdmi it to the tv. Getting pumped. Also forgot njpw comin to west coast this year!!

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'll watch it later.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

smh at the "no intermission/piss break" talk when there's clearly a Yujiro match on the card

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

How dare you he is perfect

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
My friends, Kazuchika Okada is extremely good. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Kenny Omega, but I don't think he will be able to defeat Okada, on account of the latter being very, very good at pro wrestling

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Let's go Scott "Flash" Norton

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Solus posted:

How dare you he is perfect

How can someone hate the Tokyo Pimp?

Also, how will his entourage look tonight?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Once again, someone who has the capacity to do so, hit me up with a price for that LI hat

Is it this hat? Or is it another one new for WK?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

My friends, Kazuchika Okada is extremely good. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Kenny Omega, but I don't think he will be able to defeat Okada, on account of the latter being very, very good at pro wrestling
okada has the best dropkick i have ever seen. his dropkick is beautiful. i am going to buy tekken 7 and play rainmaker king cause okada is so great.

also i like cody.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

cams posted:

okada has the best dropkick i have ever seen. his dropkick is beautiful.

I think it was WK9 where the entire match essentially built to one dropkick spot. To pull something like that off, it needed to be the best dropkick anybody has ever seen. Okada pulled it off :smug:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

mods rename me to Okada's Dropkick plzkthx

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I'm gonna try my hardest to be awake for the main card. I haven't followed NJPW this past year as fervently as I usually do, but Okada/Omega is something I wanna see live.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Jerusalem posted:

I think it was WK9 where the entire match essentially built to one dropkick spot. To pull something like that off, it needed to be the best dropkick anybody has ever seen. Okada pulled it off :smug:
JR calling an Okada dropkick a few years back was absolutely sublime following like twenty years of hearing him verbally jizz over dropkicks from like Bob Holly or whomever.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Is there a guide to get the iOS app to work

Whatever I'll just watch on pc. It should end like right after I sit down for work so I'll just put it on in a corner of my screen in the morning. Someone just pm me a cool thing to watch on njpw world if this turns out to stink somehow

Golashes fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 4, 2017

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Golashes posted:

Is there a guide to get the iOS app to work

Whatever I'll just watch on pc. It should end like right after I sit down for work so I'll just put it on in a corner of my screen in the morning. Someone just pm me a cool thing to watch on njpw world if this turns out to stink somehow

the iOS app is basically just for chromecast i think. It's kinda counterintuitive but it works fine once it's set up. You download the app, but still have to open the NJPW World site in Safari. The app lets you chromecast to it from the site. I bought a chromecast a few days ago basically just for New Japan once I read good reviews.

If you prefer watching on your iPad or whatever you can just use the mobile browser just the same as you'd do on your pc.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

How solid is the match order in the OP?

I am very hyped if I can see Norton, Ibushi, Bucks, and Ricochet and go to bed once the star power falls off at ~4a.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Stream appears to be up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I figure I'll do my normal thing of listening to the English commentary for the first few matches and then switch over to the super-excited Japanese dudes for the main events :allears:

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Jerusalem posted:

I figure I'll do my normal thing of listening to the English commentary for the first few matches and then switch over to the super-excited Japanese dudes for the main events :allears:

If you don't watch Okada/Omega and Naito/Tana matches with Japanese commentary then you will miss out

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

links are up to both the Japanese and English versions on NJPW World. Standard pre stream messages are currently being shown.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

How solid is the match order in the OP?

I am very hyped if I can see Norton, Ibushi, Bucks, and Ricochet and go to bed once the star power falls off at ~4a.

match order is set, New Japan's super consistent with that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Solus posted:

If you don't watch Okada/Omega and Naito/Tana matches with Japanese commentary then you will miss out

That's what I said I was gonna do!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Jerusalem posted:

That's what I said I was gonna do!

I was backing you up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Solus posted:

I was backing you up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4YtY7t2_Uc

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Just bought New Japan World and an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my TV. About to start cooking dinner. Let's do this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Come onnnnnnn start already :f5:

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Do you guys think Scott Norton is going to be in classic red and blue or come out in Bullet Club gear?

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Come onnnnnnn start already :f5:

It will start soon.Please hold on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Golashes posted:

It will start soon.Please hold on.

Niiice

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

here comes the spunk posted:

Do you guys think Scott Norton is going to be in classic red and blue or come out in Bullet Club gear?
Whichever gear would make this happening again funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/VGncL8c.gifv

• Locked thread