Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

GorfZaplen posted:

That Oblivion quest where all the furniture is gigantic was autobiographical apparently

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

*opens console* Player.ActivateDevMode

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobnumerotres posted:

hes on his tiptoes god lmfao

actually, if you look closely, you'll see that he's wearing shoes with heels.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lumpy the Cook posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Todd Howard is turning into the feels guy.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

AT first I was looking at this pic like :crossarms: huh? wondering what was so fucnny but then I saw it and fucken litereally lost my poo poo laughing at the dumbass on his tippy toes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

That Oblivion quest where all the furniture is gigantic was autobiographical apparently

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
just own it todd

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao i havent stopped thinking about this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Liam Neeson is canonically my father

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/12/30/kojima-productions-mascot-ludens-glorious-12-scale-statue-releases-early-2018/ holy poo poo this looks sweet

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's neat but it seems strange that the first tangible info we're getting about Kojima Productions has been, in order:
-studio logo
-studio mascot
-studio mascot cinematic
-studio mascot t-shirts
-studio mascot statue

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Agreed

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Did you guys miss the two trailers for a game called Death Stranding, A Hideo Kojima game?

I'm getting kind of interested in reinstalling MGSV. I haven't played since March. Are FOB invasions still a thing or is it just a static rotation of events now? Is PC dead? I assume uninstalling didn't take out my save. If I have to start over again after reinstalling I'm out.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Maybe a small feeling of skepticism is intentional... just another puzzle piece in Kojima's twisted vision.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Maybe a small feeling of skepticism is intentional... just another puzzle piece in Kojima's twisted vision.

There's still a bunch of job openings listed on their website and they're using someone else's engine so They're probably adapting it for whatever they wanna do with it. We won't see a game from that studio for year so they gotta give everyone something to keep the hype up

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/815556960045015040

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love you Kojima

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That reminds me of how MGS4 online had the meanest t-bagging ever

Soral
May 30, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

You can extrapolate from his design style though. His games are all built from the inside out (maybe not snatcher). In all of the mgs5 interviews before Ground Zeroes came out he really pressed how much time they spend making sure the controls are tight and the game is fun to play before they start laying on graphics and story elements.Theres a good video I posted in the last couple of metal gear July threads from like 97 where he had built alll of metal gear solids levels out of Legos and was walking through them with a tiny hand camera to show his team exactly how he wanted the camera to shift when you switched perspectives and stuff.

Here it is
https://youtu.be/L6aPAncMHKA

I think the thing that stuck with me the most about MGSV didn't have to do with the plot or any of the cutscenes, it was that I could finally roll over while prone and shoot at people above/behind me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think the thing that stuck with me the most about MGSV didn't have to do with the plot or any of the cutscenes, it was that I could finally roll over while prone and shoot at people above/behind me

There's an interview where one of the design guys talks about how swimming was going to be part of the game but they could never get it to control to their satisfaction so it got scrapped which boggles my mind because the swimming in mgs2 was tedious but good

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Got a good chuckle to this guys video as a response:
https://twitter.com/rockcock64/status/815564345295982592

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you could flip over and aim in 4, but the controls were a lot clunkier compared to V. there's a video showing all the different cqc maneuver you could do in 4 and it's amazing how much thought they put into a fighting system that people might not even use since there's so many guns in the game.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

thats because the plot is trash and the only worthwhile thing about mgs5 is the gameplay/movement mechanics

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

the mgs2 design document is freakin me out 0_0

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

blamegame posted:

the mgs2 design document is freakin me out 0_0

holy poo poo lmao

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
MGS 2 was written in like the late 90s and it's insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

thats because the plot is trash and the only worthwhile thing about mgs5 is the gameplay/movement mechanics

this is true, it just was my first metal gear game and it seemed like all anyone talked about was how crazy the plot of the series was

• Locked thread