Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

No SHRRRPTTT this time!

Spider-Man. Spider-Man. Taking the little victories where he can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Even Spidey realizes what a joke he is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Spidey and MJ need to jump back in their car and drive away. Then the whole rest of the trip Pete can keep bringing up,"Hey remember how my webbing worked and saved us from that racoon we found in that space-dumpster?"

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

No SHRRRPTTT this time!

i love this stupid loving comic so much

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

dordreff posted:

i love this stupid loving comic so much

Same dude. I feel the same drat way.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

it's been bleak territory for edits though

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

No SHRRRPTTT this time!

His last 3 bad guys being Ronan, Egghead, and an actual spider.
Pete needed this little victory.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cakefarts Carol posted:

it's been bleak territory for edits though

You could maybe cut out the first panel and Spidey's speech bubble in the second, and put in side-eye MJ in as the third panel.

Just completely disgusted at Pete's elation over beating a raccoon.

Edit: Not sure if it works, but hey:

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 4, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
^See, I was about to start with those panels and then go to the last panel here:

Synthbuttrange posted:

MJ peekin a peep.
with some fishnet texture put on top of him. But then:

This comic isn't reading our posts, it's reading our minds.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I didn't think it could top Ronan. And then it did.

I am in awe.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Spider-Man had all of a minute to be so happy that he beat a loving raccoon, and then he instantly got owned by that raccoon anyway

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he got beat up by a tiny animal whose arms were tied up. at this rate, the current arc might even top clown 9.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can't wait for next month's story, Spider-Man gets dunked on by a six year old girl in a wheelchair while Mary Jane watches

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he got beat up by a tiny animal whose arms were tied up. at this rate, the current arc might even top clown 9.

Clown 9 was never-ending disbelief at every single thing that was going on, this is pretty low-key in comparison.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is not Clown 9 tier but "Spider-Man gets defeated by a completely immobilized raccoon" is pretty amazing.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

NSM is like a D&D player who constantly rolls a D4 when they should be rolling a D20.
:goonsay:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

List of things that have kicked Spider-Man's rear end in this series:
A clown.
A fat guy with no powers.
A small child on an airplane (psychologically).
A completely restrained raccoon.
A loving spider.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll give him a pass on the functionally giant spider. that would require someone with super powers or quick wits to defeat, and it just isn't fair to hold him to such high standards.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm amazed and delighted that Rocket instantly repeated his ludicrous "throw self forward in rigid, arm-locked position" attack from before, and that it worked if anything even better this time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Android Blues posted:

I'm amazed and delighted that Rocket instantly repeated his ludicrous "throw self forward in rigid, arm-locked position" attack from before, and that it worked if anything even better this time.

well yea, it's easier to be rigid and arm-locked when you're tied up like that. spidey just made rocket's special move easier to do

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Space raccoons have an internal propulsion system that allows them to achieve ramming speed, I bet.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well in his original appearances, Rocket Raccoon's signature gear were laser pistols and rocket boots. Almost half there I guess?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

ImpAtom posted:

This is not Clown 9 tier but "Spider-Man gets defeated by a completely immobilized raccoon" is pretty amazing.

Spider-Man wins by tricking Rocket into eating a bunch of trash concealing a joy buzzer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Spider-Man wins by tricking Rocket into eating a bunch of trash concealing a joy buzzer.

So a slice of a regular new york pizza?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

What is this Clown 9 story?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
clown 9 is a completely mundane clown with no special talents, resources or powers. he is also newspaper spiderman's greatest foe.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

notthegoatseguy posted:

What is this Clown 9 story?

You can read it in the archives posted in the OP. Starts April 2012.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

clown 9 is a completely mundane clown with no special talents, resources or powers. he is also newspaper spiderman's greatest foe.

Excuse you, he has a clown car

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'm pretty sure the car and the "Kick Me!" signs qualify as resources.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Don't forget his water gun that shoots with the force of a fire hose and his laughing gas flower.

I mean, having a car is, alone, enough to best Newspaper Spider-Man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's just junk he cobbled together in his rathole apartment. remember, in this continuity a web shooter is "a simple device".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's a pretty great car too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that's just junk he cobbled together in his rathole apartment. remember, in this continuity a web shooter is "a simple device".
Honestly, it's just a fancy aerosol dispenser. They're not complicated at all. It's the web fluid itself that's the innovation.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

The MSJ posted:

It's a pretty great car too.

Hah, that middle panel is like the Peter equivalent of the stinkeye MJ panel.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

joehonkie posted:

Hah, that middle panel is like the Peter equivalent of the stinkeye MJ panel.

It's Dreamworks Peter Parker.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Endless Mike posted:

I mean, having a car is, alone, enough to best Newspaper Spider-Man

I can totally see a bank robber in some small town jumping into his car and driving away, and Spider-Man is just standing there in the middle of the street with no tall buildings around going,"Well.... darn."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So a slice of a regular new york pizza?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Tiggum posted:

You can read it in the archives posted in the OP. Starts April 2012.

The Clown-9 story was fantastic, but good lord it took him 3 tries and almost 5 real life months to bring down a clown.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NOW KISS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I love that he shows his sharp teeth no matter what expression he makes.

• Locked thread