Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Has anyone made sense of the first two panels yet? They don't really fit with the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

There Bias Two posted:

Has anyone made sense of the first two panels yet? They don't really fit with the scene.

its the dudes hat

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

violent sex idiot posted:

its the dudes hat

No it isn't. His hat says "hat". The "e" doesn't fit in anywhere in the image.

Ohhhh it says Hate. Nevermind.

Now I want to buy that hat.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I would straight up buy that hat with no hesitations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah, Gob could be raking in literally tens of dollars if he got into merchandising.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Mordja posted:

Yeah, Gob could be raking in literally tens of dollars if he got into merchandising.
There's THIS stuff:
http://www.zazzle.com/gobtown

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Whenever I see sexy models wearing nerd apparel I always think, "Ha ha! They have no idea wtf they're wearing."

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It Hurts so good.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mordja posted:

Whenever I see sexy models wearing nerd apparel I always think, "Ha ha! They have no idea wtf they're wearing."

More often than not they're not even wearing the product. The logos are often Photoshopped onto plain tees.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah, Zazzle Guy is an institution and you can make him wear whatever you want.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello.

Mr. Gob, is the Hate hat based on the Make America Great Again hat? Is the fact that an elephant, the symbol of the Republican party, is wearing it a jab at President-Elect Donald Trump? Is your comic a political cartoon now?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Wasabi the J posted:

Man that Peeplops thing tripped me up until the end, where once again I was stabbed in the gut and floored.

LOL like I always say, if you're telling down just remember we all die alone and one day no one will remember you.

Dear Gob:

Do Ally next.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Hello.

Mr. Gob, is the Hate hat based on the Make America Great Again hat? Is the fact that an elephant, the symbol of the Republican party, is wearing it a jab at President-Elect Donald Trump? Is your comic a political cartoon now?
Haha, kind of, yeah haha. I was going to have Bumbis' hat say "Make America Great Again" but then I remembered that this story is taking place in 2014. Since I already drew the hat, I had to put something on it so I just wrote, "HAT." The "HATe" gag was something I came up with while driving to work and I couldn't stop laughing at the idea so I put it in there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobolatula posted:

Haha, kind of, yeah haha. I was going to have Bumbis' hat say "Make America Great Again" but then I remembered that this story is taking place in 2014. Since I already drew the hat, I had to put something on it so I just wrote, "HAT." The "HATe" gag was something I came up with while driving to work and I couldn't stop laughing at the idea so I put it in there.

Nice. Thank you for your answer.
Please consider adding helpful labels with the characters' political affiliation in upcoming comics. Maybe also write Obama on Satan.

But seriously, it was a funny gag and the way it was executed was just perfect.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 6, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the next level of hell is It Hurts!! becoming a political satire strip. Pasqualo's victories take the form of raps about the virtues of the free market

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the next level of hell is It Hurts!! becoming a political satire strip. Pasqualo's victories take the form of raps about the virtues of the free market

I'm not sure the shift in tone would even come off as inconsistent at this point.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Gob, do you have some kind of postmortem "Making Of It Hurts!!" planned, whether as a post on the website or as a postscript to the final volume of the physical books? Because that'd be cool to read.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Gobolatula posted:

hah

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Gob, do you have some kind of postmortem "Making Of It Hurts!!" planned, whether as a post on the website or as a postscript to the final volume of the physical books? Because that'd be cool to read.

What kind of thing would you like? Like, me reflecting on making the comic and elaborating on all my ideas and stuff? I would absolutely love to do this. I could yap on and on forever about IT HURTS and if people want to read it, I'll definitel type it. There's a lot of "I was going through this while I wrote this part and it influenced the story in this way" junk.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Do you still do your podcast? You should definitely get into some spoiler-y stuff once you're done with the comic in regards to your process and alternate idea and stuff.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mordja posted:

Uh that's Gob actually...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Scaramouche posted:

Uh that's Gob actually...

Hellooooo sailor! :eyepop:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gobolatula posted:

What kind of thing would you like? Like, me reflecting on making the comic and elaborating on all my ideas and stuff? I would absolutely love to do this. I could yap on and on forever about IT HURTS and if people want to read it, I'll definitel type it. There's a lot of "I was going through this while I wrote this part and it influenced the story in this way" junk.

When the comic is finished I would love to read about why you wrote what you wrote and how it might be different than what you originally planned, also more stuff on the characters and what you were thinking when you came up with each of them.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

When the comic is finished I would love to read about why you wrote what you wrote and how it might be different than what you originally planned, also more stuff on the characters and what you were thinking when you came up with each of them.
That sounds like lots of fun! I'll make sure I do that.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Do you still do your podcast? You should definitely get into some spoiler-y stuff once you're done with the comic in regards to your process and alternate idea and stuff.
I haven't done it in a whiiiiile. I keep saying to Grail and Josef, "Man we gotta podcast again soon." And we all agree! I think right now we're all focused on different stuff but I know we'll get around to it again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gobolatula posted:

Absolutely! Influences for specific bits, where the original ideas came from (did it spring entirely from God Dammit! or were there other precipitating events), stuff you tried by accident that happened to work (like HATe), Easter eggs that you don't think anyone noticed, literally anything would be cool.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Okay! We're going to record a new podcast tomorrow (Sunday 1/8/17) so if you have any questions, you can reply here or tweet at me or post a comment on the site or whatever you'd like to do!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Gobolatula posted:

Okay! We're going to record a new podcast tomorrow (Sunday 1/8/17) so if you have any questions, you can reply here or tweet at me or post a comment on the site or whatever you'd like to do!

here's a few:

-Were you being coy when you said Goddamnit wasn't connected to It Hurts beyond similar characters and settings?

-How have you most changed since starting It Hurts?

-What scene would you most like to see fully animated? Don't get excited, I can't animate, I'm just curious.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Gobolatula posted:

How much has the storyline for It Hurts! changed from what you originally envisioned it to be? Is it all pretty much unfolding the way you planned it from the start or have there been some changes here and there that have made it different?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=461-youre-crazy
:smith:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
It really is hell.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Ow.

Just... ow.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Why you gotta kick him while he's down

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The bus is #666 the entire time but when Katie gets on in the last page it's clearly #665. Do all the Hell buses changes numbers or are they just all number 666 in the distance? Either way, truly Hell.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The bus is #666 the entire time but when Katie gets on in the last page it's clearly #665. Do all the Hell buses changes numbers or are they just all number 666 in the distance? Either way, truly Hell.

Oh, that's an S. I meant it to be like the bus number was 666 and the route is 66: School.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

At least one person stayed with him.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Ally stayed :unsmith:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gobolatula posted:

Oh, that's an S. I meant it to be like the bus number was 666 and the route is 66: School.
Oh! That makes more sense. I just assumed that every bus in Hell was #666 and also on route #666 until they got up close. Because as a frequent bus rider who tries to identify them from maximally far away, that would only be a tiny inconvenience but it would come up every time so it's perfect for Hell.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I want Pasq and Ally to join back up with Trisssh and Mark and they all start to believe Pasq because Mark longer remembers how he died.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

I want Pasq and Ally to join back up with Trisssh and Mark and they all start to believe Pasq because Mark longer remembers how he died.

This is exactly the question I want Pasq to think of to ask people. At the very least the answer can help him work out how the memory erasure works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...this is getting worse before it gets better, isn't it?

• Locked thread