Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

God forbid you can't play your Nintendo on day one

unironically this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

If there is one time that justifies preordering, then it would definitely be system launch because there is an actual risk of the stores running out of the system, and if you've committed to the system then you need a game tape to put in it.

The other being If you live somewhere where you don't want to drive to a store. Closest game store to me is a 45 minute round trip. Mailman comes at like 10AM every day. If I preorder I will have a game on launch day by the time I would want to play. If I am buying a game at system launch or its launch it is literally more convenient for me to preorder.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ethanol posted:

God forbid you can't play your Nintendo on day one

What's the downside if you are going to buy one at some point anyway?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You should do whatever the gently caress you want with you money

Preorder a console
Buy some crystal meth
Obtain questionably fresh kebab meats at 3am

Whatever, who gives a gently caress what some arsehole on the internet thinks

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Andrast posted:

What's the downside if you are going to buy one at some point anyway?

Generally putting money down on things is financially unwise, in my culture but I don't care I just think preordering skyrim is super :lol:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Spectrum nerd poster on games forums for system that doesn't exist yet cant understand why nerds want to play game system on launch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I have played through and even platinumed Skyrim but I never got the dlc so I'll pick it up if that stuff is included. I normally wouldn't preorder any games or accessories but at launch is basically the exception, I like to have everything already taken care of so I'm in and out of the store quickly. Like I said, I'm pulling Jim Sterling money over here. I worked nine hours double time Monday so all my Switch related expenses are more than covered.

greatn fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 4, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I mean are you going to play Zelda or skyrim? Play Zelda and wait for skyrim to be $30 or whatever imo

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The reason it's funny to preorder skyrim on Switch is because the game is probably not actually coming to Switch

Ubisoft, after the trailer came out, said they haven't decided yet if they're actually going to port it. Nintendo just faked it in the trailer which is hilarious and weird.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I am going to go to GameStop at 10:00 AM Friday January 13th 2017 and preorder a Nintendo Switch and there is nothing you nerds can do to stop me.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Bass Bottles posted:

The reason it's funny to preorder skyrim on Switch is because the game is probably not actually coming to Switch

Ubisoft, after the trailer came out, said they haven't decided yet if they're actually going to port it. Nintendo just faked it in the trailer which is hilarious and weird.

Nah it's coming.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

Which makes sense since Ubisoft has nothing to do with Skyrim.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

lol I always confuse them and Bethesda

WHATEVER

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bass Bottles posted:

LOL if you think Nintendo showed Skyrim on the Switch if they didn't know Skyrim was coming out for the Switch. LOL if you think they didn't get Bethesda's permission to show Skyrim running on the Switch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They said that because Nintendo has control over the marketing.

The game is in GameStop's system, it exists

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

After further research, Bethesda has finally confirmed the skyrim port, but Ubisoft remains mum............... 🤔

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I loving love kebab meats.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

if you love them so much why don't you preorder them

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends how drunk I am.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lmfao if you enjoy videogames in any capacity you dumb internet babies jeez.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The DLC is where the real value is

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Someones doing the raping...the smash pros apperantly.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Kashuno posted:

lmfao if you enjoy videogames in any capacity you dumb internet babies jeez.

This kind of toxic additude has no place in the switch thread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am the thread personified.

I can't wait to preorder my switch and listen to people call me bad

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People already call you bad

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Whats the over/under on Reggie saying "I hope you make the Switch ... ... ... to Nintendo" with a predatory smile?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Italian goons can apparently preorder it right now from Gamestop's Italy

Dunno what's up with that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm very excited to play this console next weekend at the NYC event, I hope I get to try the New Mario

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Switch Thread, though rocky and turbulent at times, is still a cute thread for cute people to talk about cute games.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lol that's way too much money

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Bombadilillo posted:

Whats the over/under on Reggie saying "I hope you make the Switch ... ... ... to Nintendo" with a predatory smile?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

The game is in GameStop's system, it exists

Just like that Mario game they showed as a proof of concept everyone is convinced exists?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

big mean giraffe posted:

Just like that Mario game they showed as a proof of concept everyone is convinced exists?

i preordered it

ergo it exists

checkmate

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Gamestop controls their computers, not Nintendo

They could start selling preorders for whatever they want

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah, the Mario game with the weird invisible mountains that makes no sense as a thing to include if you just want to say "hey there'll be a mario game" but does make sense if you're showing off actual footage from a new Mario game?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Guy Goodbody posted:

Lol that's way too much money
It's a placeholder.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

we made this cool Mario samba de amigo esque level just to show five seconds of footage on a b-reel and not for any actual development reason or any actual mario because that makes sense

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

irlZaphod posted:

It's a placeholder.

And you know that how?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Utnayan posted:

And you know that how?

Most retailers put up placeholder prices when they have an item people want to preorder and they themselves don't know the price. Like placeholder dates for December 2017 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Utnayan posted:

And you know that how?

prezzo non confermato
price not confirmed

• Locked thread