Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

And nothing of value was lost or damaged.

Does the bicycle even have brakes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It's this. Your clients can be whatever but still lol windows xp I say as I look at my large number of HMIs still running xp. At least in the industrial space it's a very bad idea cause things are increasingly networked in the modern factory so the isolated control networks are being opened up more than ever before.

Though XP is indeed lovely it's probably fine assuming everyone does exactly what they are supposed to and no one does something insanely stupid. I can guarantee there is a way to get external data into these machines with a little ingenuity and physical access since they are all on a network of some variety even if it is isolated.

We got a 3 million dollar lathe that was built LAST YEAR that came with XP on the pendant and while not networked, it's plenty exposed to USB STDs every time a new part program comes along.

autorun.inf will destroy america, mark my words.

I think the eventual solution is going to have to be special hardware that can only mount signed media

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 4, 2017

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

JB50 posted:

And nothing of value was lost or damaged.

Does the bicycle even have brakes?

It's a fixed gear bike so no. Fixed gear riders outside of a velodrome/stunts deserve anything that happens to them.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Well at least they can just unload, dig the grave, and scoop him right up and dump/pour him right on in.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Irradiation posted:

It's a fixed gear bike so no. Fixed gear riders outside of a velodrome/stunts deserve anything that happens to them.

If he's in the US his bike is likely illegal, fixies on public roads are required to have real brakes in most places.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

haveblue posted:

If he's in the US his bike is likely illegal, fixies on public roads are required to have real brakes in most places.

Looks like France if the watermark is anything to go by.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

JB50 posted:

Looks like France if the watermark is anything to go by.

The whole thing is satisfying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzGiY81-lRE

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

NOBR AKES

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Why am I more bothered that Liz doesn't have a hardhat than anything else?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Please walk off the site if your boss repeatedly encourages you to 'make mistakes' and 'get messy.'

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

shame on an IGA posted:

We got a 3 million dollar lathe that was built LAST YEAR that came with XP on the pendant and while not networked, it's plenty exposed to USB STDs every time a new part program comes along.

autorun.inf will destroy america, mark my words.

I think the eventual solution is going to have to be special hardware that can only mount signed media

Our equipment has to be replaced often due to the acidity of the area eating away at lead free soldier so we cannot run XP at all because the new hardware won't allow for it. We still have some XP at other sites and even one NT 4 system kicking about but fortunately most are Windows 7 now.

USB is the bane of my existence in ICS environments. People still have Conficker on their removable media.

Lain Iwakura fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 4, 2017

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I think they guy should have started peddling the reverse direction sooner.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

I rode bikes in Chicago to get around. There's a lot of these dumb gently caress hipsters being all minimalist with the bike parts. Half the reason these dipshits run red lights is because the only way stop those things is very slowly. The other half is because they're assholes. Why this particular gently caress stick was tail gating a vehicle i have no clue but I hope he wasn't wearing a safety hat.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

DiHK posted:

I rode bikes in Chicago to get around. There's a lot of these dumb gently caress hipsters being all minimalist with the bike parts. Half the reason these dipshits run red lights is because the only way stop those things is very slowly. The other half is because they're assholes. Why this particular gently caress stick was tail gating a vehicle i have no clue but I hope he wasn't wearing a safety hat.

he lived, unfortunately

https://i.imgur.com/fKI7rij.gifv

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I see nothing wrong, just a young florida girl being introduced to her new pet. Brcause it ate her last one.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

DiHK posted:

Why this particular gently caress stick was tail gating a vehicle i have no clue but I hope he wasn't wearing a safety hat.

Lance Armstrong here probably wanted to draft the truck and show his buds in the peloton how badass he was by recording it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I like the body bag close by, because of what happened last time.

I know its not a body bag

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I didn't even know you could train crocodiles.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The Lone Badger posted:

I didn't even know you could train crocodiles.

They're actually pretty smart, as far as reptiles go

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

deoju posted:

Lance Armstrong here probably wanted to draft the truck and show his buds in the peloton how badass he was by recording it.

On a road cycle, you can actually stop quick enough to draft behind large vehicles. Because they have an amazing invention, called brakes. Also, drafting behind large vehicles is lots of fun because the dead air pocket they carry is huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7_Fq56g2c

Has a high-vis bike, no hard hat helmet.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Windows is the operating system used for the submarines land which is completely disconnected from the ship's control systems. Individual ships systems have their own firmware. poo poo, up until the latest class of submarine, reactor control systems where entirely analog.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gives you a much warmer meltdown that digital systems.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
It's a testament to Admiral Rickover and the SUBSAFE program that the Navy has only lost two nuclear powered ships, and they were both submarines that were lost to reasons unrelated to the reactor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyman_G._Rickover

quote:

My program is unique in the military service in this respect: You know the expression 'from the womb to the tomb'; my organization is responsible for initiating the idea for a project; for doing the research, and the development; designing and building the equipment that goes into the ships; for the operations of the ship; for the selection of the officers and men who man the ship; for their education and training. In short, I am responsible for the ship throughout its life — from the very beginning to the very end.

Of course as you would expect, Reagan forced Rickover into retirement because he was going after defense contractors for delivering shoddy work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpAWiqwSw-U

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Improbable Lobster posted:

They're actually pretty smart, as far as reptiles go

Turns out reptiles in general might be smarter than people credit them for. Turns out bearded dragons can follow youtube tutorials - http://www.livescience.com/48165-bearded-dragons-imitation.html

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ReelBigLizard posted:

Turns out reptiles in general might be smarter than people credit them for. Turns out bearded dragons can follow youtube tutorials - http://www.livescience.com/48165-bearded-dragons-imitation.html

A video I posted two weeks ago about changing the oil in a '58 Chevy got favorited by 120 iguanas, I was wondering what the gently caress that was about

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DiHK posted:

Surely he's drafting it. Had this happen when a riding partner made a split second decision to speed up to get through a yellow light, which I also did, then a split second later just locked down his breaks to stop instead and I did and endo over him. But on a normal day all that drag reduction is really useful.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A video I posted two weeks ago about changing the oil in a '58 Chevy got favorited by 120 iguanas, I was wondering what the gently caress that was about

A 3ft tail would seem to be an OSHA violation when operating heavy rotating machinery but please remember that they detach and grow back in time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ReelBigLizard posted:

A 3ft tail would seem to be an OSHA violation when operating heavy rotating machinery but please remember that they detach and grow back in time.

If humans could regrow limbs that easily I wonder how that would change OSHA regulations

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

We would all get to be sweet urban explorers like Astar, the robot from planet Danger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paEJPShlA_o

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

a kitten posted:

If humans could regrow limbs that easily I wonder how that would change OSHA regulations

Speak for yourself. As a member of the lizard person elite I can detach limbs at will and regrow them later.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Huh. I actually know the guy who owns the gator. He's got a zoo in his basement he charges admission to and treats his animals very well, he's done events with the reptile society I am loosely associated iwth a few times. And it is a gator by the way, as far as crocidilian temperments go it's Alligators: Relatively Chill to Crocodiles: Will gently caress You Up to Caimans: Will gently caress You Up Despite Only Being 5 Ft Long Because They Are Made of Hate.

That is Bubba 2 I believe, Bubba 1 was the friendliest gator I have ever seen. He was in a few commercials because he was about the only trained gator you could find, would actually stop and lay down on command it was crazy.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Benagain posted:

Huh. I actually know the guy who owns the gator. He's got a zoo in his basement he charges admission to and treats his animals very well, he's done events with the reptile society I am loosely associated iwth a few times. And it is a gator by the way, as far as crocidilian temperments go it's Alligators: Relatively Chill to Crocodiles: Will gently caress You Up to Caimans: Will gently caress You Up Despite Only Being 5 Ft Long Because They Are Made of Hate.

That is Bubba 2 I believe, Bubba 1 was the friendliest gator I have ever seen. He was in a few commercials because he was about the only trained gator you could find, would actually stop and lay down on command it was crazy.

Reptiles are simultaneously the hardest and easiest animals to train. Food is an immense reward, and they can learn with food rewards in just a few tries, but due to how they usually follow a gorge/rest pattern, you only get 1-2 trials before having to take a lot of time off. Clicker training has been a huge safety thing in zoos because it lets you move the animals or do vet checks on them without having to get in the enclosure with them or sedate them.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is this a loving trained and domesticated gat dang gator???????

Or is it an animitronic

e:

Benagain posted:

Breed this guy, I want house gators.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

You thought Windows on a submarine was bad?

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/816481483804184577

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I'm gonna change all the nuclear launch codes to W33DL0RD B0N3RH1TL3R

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm gonna change all the nuclear launch codes to W33DL0RD B0N3RH1TL3R

Good luck, they're all infested with ransomware by now.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

LifeSunDeath posted:

Surely he's drafting it. Had this happen when a riding partner made a split second decision to speed up to get through a yellow light, which I also did, then a split second later just locked down his breaks to stop instead and I did and endo over him. But on a normal day all that drag reduction is really useful.

I'm like 99% sure that drafting wont work on fixies. You see, the rear gear is fixed. It does not freely spin in reverse. So sure you might get the speed benefit from drafting but it's just gonna make you pump your little legs even faster. That's why they take so long to stop; you have to apply reverse pressure against the pedals to force the rear gear/wheel to spin slower. It's a hell of a workout but I'm a big guy and shiftable gears are pretty neat, IMO. So are brakes, which work just fine on a fixie.

Also, why would you try to draft a vehicle that you cannot see around in what is apparently city traffic?

As a (somewhat) new parent all I can say is HOLY loving CHRIST WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE.

E: oh she's got a slightly older son, nbd. (dumb bitch)

DiHK fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

From the Cool Dad Pics thread: