Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Tulsi Gabbard has been a huge disappointment, I was willing to overlook the Muslim hatred stuff before but when she hates Muslims so much that it gets her consideration for a Trump cabinet spot, and she takes the meeting, that's kind of an eye-opener

Lmao, fuckin people only liked her cuz she's a hot surfer chick from Hawaii. I'm glad you are pro Muslim genocide as long as the person you support doesn't talk to Trump lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is so dumb. The president elect wanted to have a meeting with her. She's a congressperson. What would you want her to do?

show up, tell him to go gently caress himself, and then leave

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

"I only speak with humans, not fascists"

Shinjobi posted:

Flip the bird and poo poo on his doorstep.

I ain't joking.

Unfortunately, Gabbard's not a child.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fits my needs posted:

Lmao, fuckin people only liked her cuz she's a hot surfer chick from Hawaii. I'm glad you are pro Muslim genocide as long as the person you support doesn't talk to Trump lol

I think it's more he didn't fully understand how deep the Muslim hate well truly was.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

w/r/t to Clinton, she had a poo poo past on foreign policy

no kidding

fits my needs posted:

I'm glad you are pro Muslim genocide

lmao that the idea islam has some problems means you're pro muslim genocide

Serf
May 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

Unfortunately, Gabbard's not a child.

worked well for trump

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

NewForumSoftware posted:

no kidding

lmao that the idea islam has some problems means you're pro muslim genocide

Please give us your valued and sincere input about Gabbard's unwavering support for Modi.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

zegermans posted:

Please give us your valued and sincere input about Gabbard's unwavering support for Modi.

it doesn't mean she's pro muslim genocide

i know, a hot take

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

NewForumSoftware posted:

it doesn't mean she's pro muslim genocide

i know, a hot take

actually, it does

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like do you even know who narendra modi is

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

actually, it does

in the minds of american internet liberals maybe

paranoid randroid posted:

like do you even know who narendra modi is

pull up! we need a new line of attack!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Unwavering support being that she voted no on a meaningless finger-wagging bill, right?

Because she said it was wrong to interfere with another country's elections. I thought that was something the Democrats cared about now?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[sotto voce] the "liberal" meme

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If you could go back in time would you consider it wrong to kill modi as a child

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
modi sucks pretty hard

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

GalacticAcid posted:

modi sucks pretty hard

note that this is a different idea than "tulsi gabbard has unwavering support for modi" and "tulsi gabbard desires the genocide of muslims"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GalacticAcid posted:

modi sucks pretty hard

i liked his first couple of albums

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm sure you were called lots of things in 7th grade, I'm just not sure how illustrative of national politics that is.

Let me clarify my bad example by removing my dumb anecdote.

GOP doesn't rely on objective facts and gets aggressively defensive when those facts are presented to them, this is nothing new and definitely was around before Obama.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

modi is bad and gabbard isn't really gonna be a huge player in a hypothetical keith/sanders takeover the dem party like some people think

furthermore bernie would have won

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

GOP doesn't rely on objective facts and gets aggressively defensive when those facts are presented to them, this is nothing new and definitely was around before Obama.

Do you think the Democrats rely on objective facts and don't get aggressively defensive when other facts are presented to them?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

When you're as hard up for politically-connected allies as we were during the primary, you're willing to say "she's had some questionable associations but she always seems to pull back from them whenever anything is actually on the line and I'm sure she'll keep doing that"

but in the cold light of morning when it turns out her hatred of Muslims runs deep enough that it was enough to make Donald J Trump reach across the aisle to her by itself, suddenly benefit-of-the-doubt is a little harder to come by

like how Clintonites would bitch you out for raising doubts w/r/t alienating the white working class before the election (as mentioning class at all made you clearly racist) but are now (comparatively) willing to entertain the idea that maybe the people who told them working-class votes aren't necessary were corporatist stooges, now that they don't have an election to win anymore

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

When you're as hard up for politically-connected allies as we were during the primary, you're willing to say "she's had some questionable associations but she always seems to pull back from them whenever anything is actually on the line and I'm sure she'll keep doing that"

but in the cold light of morning when it turns out her hatred of Muslims runs deep enough that it was enough to make Donald J Trump reach across the aisle to her by itself, suddenly benefit-of-the-doubt is a little harder to come by

like how Clintonites would bitch you out for raising doubts w/r/t alienating the white working class before the election (as mentioning class at all made you clearly racist) but are now (comparatively) willing to entertain the idea that maybe the people who told them working-class votes aren't necessary were corporatist stooges, now that they don't have an election to win anymore

That's a lot of words to say "my undying love for St. Bernard precludes any semblance of moral consistency"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Guys, Trump isn't actually a racist or sexist. All that stuff about hanging out with people like Bannon and Ailes is just coincidental.

Tulsi works the same way! Lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

That's a lot of words to say "my undying love for St. Bernard precludes any semblance of moral consistency"

I know you're still mad at me for pointing out that you hate poor people but this is still kind of a stretch

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

NewForumSoftware posted:

Do you think the Democrats rely on objective facts and don't get aggressively defensive when other facts are presented to them?

Much more than the GOP does.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

That's a lot of words to deflect blame off Bernie for supporting a pro Muslim genocide "ally" lol

"Um guys, you'll get your free college and healthcare, but we might need to genocide a few Muslims is that okay?"

"Haha I'm sure she's just kidding, she'll pull back!"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

zegermans posted:

Lol he's gonna try so hard and at the end lose by 40 points because the only thing Billy Bob Ray Sue will see is the D by his name before voting as quickly as possible to get out and shoot up more heroin and gently caress his cousin, before dying of free market blacklung in the afternoon.

you little poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

That's a lot of words to deflect blame off Bernie for supporting a pro Muslim genocide "ally" lol

"Um guys, you'll get your free college and healthcare, but we might need to genocide a few Muslims is that okay?"

Bernie didn't do anything he needs to be "blamed" for here :confused:

what did he say exactly that you're mad about

At any rate, pretend I quoted your posts back at you but this time they're about Henry Kissinger

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sure, Hillary Rodham Clinton might have had the undying support of literal murderer and war criminal Henry Kissinger and often vocally expressed her admiration of him, but remember that Tulsi Gabbard is a war hawk in the middle east

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gabbard isn't pro-Muslim genocide, you lunatics.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Bernie didn't do anything he needs to be "blamed" for here :confused:

what did he say exactly that you're mad about

At any rate, pretend I quoted your posts back at you but this time they're about Henry Kissinger

Lmao, you need to bring up Kissinger to deflect Bernie's full throated support for Tulsi "Pro Muslim Genocide" Gabbard? Hahaha Bernie can do no wrong!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

fits my needs posted:

My ideological purity is the only moral ideological purity

Edit: Wait, is she actually pro-Muslim genocide or is this some dumb twisty poo poo because she's a hardliner on ISIS?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

Lmao, you need to bring up Kissinger to deflect Bernie's full throated support for Tulsi "Pro Muslim Genocide" Gabbard? Hahaha Bernie can do no wrong!

Has Gabbard presided over any military coups. Also that red text was hilarious.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

Yeah I'm about done with this troll now

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The only reason Bernie Bros even ever heard of Gabbard was because of Bernie. They saw that she was an attractive woman that surfs and lives in Hawaii and just assumed that Bernie-san would have vetted her, but it's okay because Bernie can do no wrong and Trump picked her because of her qualifications and definitely not because she is for Muslim genocide.

Nope, Trump just picked her for no reason and it doesn't matter that she went either because we need to work together!

When they go low, we go high! Hahahahaha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Haha is the Bernie Bros thing still alive even after the election results hahaha

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

The only reason Bernie Bros even ever heard of Gabbard was because of Bernie. They saw that she was an attractive woman that surfs and lives in Hawaii and just assumed that Bernie-san would have vetted her, but it's okay because Bernie can do no wrong and Trump picked her because of her qualifications and definitely not because she is for Muslim genocide.

Nope, Trump just picked her for no reason and it doesn't matter that she went either because we need to work together!

When they go low, we go high! Hahahahaha

Man, you sure decimated that strawman

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Haha is the Bernie Bros thing still alive even after the election results hahaha

Not for most people, but anything can still be a thing if you're salty enough

Search Twitter for the phrase "bernie bros" and see what you find

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I cant wait for every game in the Next War series to come true! Thank you Trump!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Bernout is still the superior term in my opinion.

• Locked thread