Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I have this, I like it but I'm only infusing my palindrome until it is leveled up atm.

I also have these two but I haven't really used them enough to form an opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Tell me more about that cryptic dragon because I think you're set

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sights are: Red Dot OAS, Ranged Lens RLS3, TrueSight IS
1st Column: Zen Moment
2nd Column: High Caliber Rounds, Hand Laid Stock, Rifled Barrel
3rd Column: Outlaw

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hahaha yeah dude you don't need any more scout rifles for PvE.

If you can make that work with OAS and rifled use that. The stability is probably good enough from OAS and zen moment and the rifled reload penalty is completely offset by outlaw. If it's still not stable enough with rifled use hand laid. That's a really sweet roll.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cool, I'll jam the next blue primary above 360 into it and play with it. My palindrome is halfway through the final bubble so I can start leveling the scout.

while you are reviewing guns, is this sniper worth hanging onto for awhile or should I throw 150 marks at the vendor version and shard it?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Cool, I'll jam the next blue primary above 360 into it and play with it. My palindrome is halfway through the final bubble so I can start leveling the scout.

while you are reviewing guns, is this sniper worth hanging onto for awhile or should I throw 150 marks at the vendor version and shard it?

Sweet PvE roll with casket mag. That's a poo poo ton of DPS if you can manage the stability.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah it will all come down to the scope. Vendor has spray and play and short gaze. So your dps is probably the same there in the long run even without casket mag.

The viewtac scope is really good but you'll get flinched to hell using it under fire.

Probably not worth wasting 150 marks if you can stand the scopes on yours. You could also make due with yours in pvp in a pinch as you have QuickDraw.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm doing a big lmao at the Reddit bitchfest about the subpar stat rolls on the iron lord artifacts and not being able to hit t12 with them....have anyone ever thought that Bungie is balancing them because you get a free ability?

The only true t12 roll we've seen has been the reduced dot one, which is a passive (I think there was a skorri that works in t12 if all your other gear is 99%+). It's obviously intentional.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The artifacts can roll pretty high anyways, I've seen some 96% and 98% rolls and I don't even watch the stats obsessively.

It's all RNG and Bungie is happy making people wait to get the perfect min/max setup.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Should I hang onto all my old rear end level 20 legendaries?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

The artifacts can roll pretty high anyways, I've seen some 96% and 98% rolls and I don't even watch the stats obsessively.

It's all RNG and Bungie is happy making people wait to get the perfect min/max setup.

96 and 98% rolls don't get you t12 unless your gear is nuts. You need the broken int/dis 114% ones.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Meridian posted:

Should I hang onto all my old rear end level 20 legendaries?

No real reason to get rid of them unless you are short on vault space.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

96 and 98% rolls don't get you t12 unless your gear is nuts. You need the broken int/dis 114% ones.

Well my point was they can roll high, and it seems more likely to me we just haven't been blessed by RNG with any 100% rolls.

Everything in Destiny comes down to RNG.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

No real reason to get rid of them unless you are short on vault space.

Exotics is what I meant. Ibam assuming they can be upgraded?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I love those. Just shows you how big hitboxes are. Check the second snipe on this. Right into the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/bCdmjOH.gifv

Nah, that was clearly him if you look at the frames. I'll bet that he had a void sniper too because the ricochet was a void blast and yours was arc.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Meridian posted:

Exotics is what I meant. Ibam assuming they can be upgraded?

In that case, there's no reason to keep Y1 exotics in your vault. The exotic blueprint storage by the Vanguard save all the Y1 exotics that you have acquired, and if there is a Y2/3 version, you can buy it from the storage for 125 legendary marks (or 1 exotic shard if you already own an updated version)

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

In that case, there's no reason to keep Y1 exotics in your vault. The exotic blueprint storage by the Vanguard save all the Y1 exotics that you have acquired, and if there is a Y2/3 version, you can buy it from the storage for 125 legendary marks (or 1 exotic shard if you already own an updated version)

Do I have to deposit them in the blueprint storage? Only asking because my Hunter has several equipped currently.

Sorry, seems like a lot has changed since I last played. Still trying to get my bearings.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nope, if you own the exotic it magically unlocks in the kiosk and you can dismantle your exiting guns whenever you want. In theory if you have ever owned it should be there too, but I seem to recall when Bungie did the update not everyone got credit for all exotics.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Meridian posted:

Do I have to deposit them in the blueprint storage? Only asking because my Hunter has several equipped currently.

Sorry, seems like a lot has changed since I last played. Still trying to get my bearings.

No, you can just dismantle them. Any exotics that you have ever gotten are stored in the blueprint storage (weapons and armor).

I've got nothing to do at the moment if you want someone to help you out with all the new stuff in-game. You on PS4?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

xzzy posted:

In theory if you have ever owned it should be there too, but I seem to recall when Bungie did the update not everyone got credit for all exotics.

I think it only unlocked what you had in your inventory and vault at the time. That's what it did for me, anyway.

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 4, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it was supposed to be based on your inventory and vault but not necessarily exotics you had had once in the past and trashed.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TaurusOxford posted:

No, you can just dismantle them. Any exotics that you have ever gotten are stored in the blueprint storage (weapons and armor).

I've got nothing to do at the moment if you want someone to help you out with all the new stuff in-game. You on PS4?

Stuck at work for another few hours but if you want to play later tonight that would be awesome.

PSN is "ID-Meridian"

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Meridian posted:

Stuck at work for another few hours but if you want to play later tonight that would be awesome.

PSN is "ID-Meridian"

Sounds good.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pro tip for getting the merciless weekly strike bounty done:

When you load into the new sepkis strike, double back to the divide and go into the rooms where the new assasination patrols spawn. No one will be with you and there are 10+ mooks in each room.

I just banged out that thing on my alt in about 5 minutes.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I havn't played this since year 1, should I convert all my ascendant energy and shards into motes of light?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lexorin posted:

I havn't played this since year 1, should I convert all my ascendant energy and shards into motes of light?

Yes, the only thing they're good for now is unlocking Vault of Glass gear. Same with radiants/crota gear.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

Nope, if you own the exotic it magically unlocks in the kiosk and you can dismantle your exiting guns whenever you want. In theory if you have ever owned it should be there too, but I seem to recall when Bungie did the update not everyone got credit for all exotics.

Heads up that if you do this and re-buy the exotic, the ornaments do not carry over. Not sure if bug or feature.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah just use Thunderlord because it's only 6 notes to level it if you have a mg class item and there's no ornament danger.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/4HCdGVx.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/unZZbuF.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm doing a big lmao at the Reddit bitchfest about the subpar stat rolls on the iron lord artifacts and not being able to hit t12 with them....have anyone ever thought that Bungie is balancing them because you get a free ability?

The only true t12 roll we've seen has been the reduced dot one, which is a passive (I think there was a skorri that works in t12 if all your other gear is 99%+). It's obviously intentional.

I hit Tier 12 using Silamars artifact from week 1 on my Striker.

I think every other one so far doesn't cut it (for my build, at least)

Edit. Yeah the skorries comes close but is a couple of points off for me

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

I hit Tier 12 using Silamars artifact from week 1 on my Striker.

I think every other one so far doesn't cut it (for my build, at least)

Edit. Yeah the skorries comes close but is a couple of points off for me

Yeah that's the one that reduces dot damage right?

Yeah I can roll 5/2/5 storm or 5/5/2 void with the silimar but reduced DoT doesn't matter in 3s. If I get caught in a wombo I'm still dead because of the nade.

I'll use it in 6s tho as I see lots of incendiary pros and nothing makes me happier than putting my nuts right on one and walking away after the poor sap saw the 170 and got excited.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah that's the one that reduces dot damage right?

Yeah I can roll 5/2/5 storm or 5/5/2 void with the silimar but reduced DoT doesn't matter in 3s. If I get caught in a wombo I'm still dead because of the nade.

I'll use it in 6s tho as I see lots of incendiary pros and nothing makes me happier than putting my nuts right on one and walking away after the poor sap saw the 170 and got excited.

Yeah thats the one.

I like it cuz there are a few thing that do dot damage and on a max armor titan it makes me feel every more beefy.

If I'm playong against camping fucks in trials ill switch to lame skorries though (once i get super because im a bad person).

I dont want to use jolders because if i get used to it, it will gently caress me. Same applies to dune marchers and twlight etc.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Pro tip for getting the merciless weekly strike bounty done:

When you load into the new sepkis strike, double back to the divide and go into the rooms where the new assasination patrols spawn. No one will be with you and there are 10+ mooks in each room.

I just banged out that thing on my alt in about 5 minutes.

Sepiks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trap sprung

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I know the items with vendors like shaxx stay the same but do the stats reroll on them? If so how often?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I know the items with vendors like shaxx stay the same but do the stats reroll on them? If so how often?

Nope

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They didn't even reroll when the gear changed for Rise of Iron. The underlying stats stayed the same lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Cool, so those 98% hunter gloves aren't going anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Cool, so those 98% hunter gloves aren't going anywhere.

Not until Destiny 2 probably :lol:

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 5, 2017

• Locked thread