Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

achillesforever6 posted:

One thing I keep hearing is "Sure this is awful, but the political satire comedian scene is going to be great again!"

To which I remember this Patton Oswalt bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA87H96VTxA
I believe "this video is unavailable" is a more relevant message now than ever before.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

It's going to be difficult to fit all that on a hat.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's going to be difficult to fit all that on a hat.

"I hate those smug fuckers in their MAGAFAWRMVRFVMAWAHNDEWAGAWAOATCTOAIADAFGIOAETTOGGBASTHAPTAFWBPCAP hats."

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Begemot posted:

MAGAFAWRMVRFVMAWAHNDEWAGAWAOATCTOAIADAFGIOAETTOGGBASTHAPTAFWBPCAP

You messed up a few of the letters

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ranter posted:

You messed up a few of the letters

Well I'm not reading that poo poo again, so it'll have to stay that way.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

IITYWIMWYBMAD

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I didn't actually check either.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Keiya posted:

Where's Chewie's loving medal? Or R2 and C3P0's, for that matter?

Slaves don't get awards, makes them think wrong things about their position in society.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I like the Magritte touch. Take away the wall of words and this would be quite the image.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Some cartoonists, like Garrison and Bok, post a mile-long screed to accompany their cartoon. Mr. Fish puts it directly into the cartoon.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Funniest poo poo (and it is poo poo) I've seen all year.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
I thought I appreciated spiders for neutralizing indoors pests but it turns out I was just an antisemite.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
:discourse:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rincewinds posted:

I thought I appreciated spiders for neutralizing indoors pests

People keep saying stuff like this but I've never heard an example of an indoor pest that a spider might kill that is worse than the spider itself

What, do you have a horsefly infestation inside your home or something? Why are literal arachnids part of your pest-control setup, are you a Halloween witch?

sorry for the anti-spider hot take, guys, but I'm virulently racist against all members of the arachnid family

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

It always gets under my skin seeing George Orwell cited by the same type of people he moved to Spain and joined a militia to shoot at.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'll take spiders over anything that flies, every time. Even houseflies are worse than a small, well-behaved spider that has the decency to make its web in a place I can barely see it.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Glenn McCoy angling for RaHoWa-est Cartoon in the 2017 Gay Abortions?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

How much money can I be bought for to post this kind of bullshit? Surely it's lucrative?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

loquacius posted:

People keep saying stuff like this but I've never heard an example of an indoor pest that a spider might kill that is worse than the spider itself

What, do you have a horsefly infestation inside your home or something? Why are literal arachnids part of your pest-control setup, are you a Halloween witch?

sorry for the anti-spider hot take, guys, but I'm virulently racist against all members of the arachnid family

It's called arachnophobia, bud

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

loquacius posted:

In Australia we have flies and mozzies everywhere https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aussie_salute. A big harmless huntsman is way cool to keep around for getting them. One of the first things I noticed about moving to another part of the world was the lack of flies. God I hate them.

Bald Stalin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 4, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

I'll take spiders over anything that flies, every time. Even houseflies are worse than a small, well-behaved spider that has the decency to make its web in a place I can barely see it.

Houseflies are annoying in that they're hard to kill, but at least they're not sticking around long unless your house is disgusting. Spiders are always there, waiting, until you get rid of them.

Benny the Snake posted:

It's called arachnophobia, bud

I do in fact suffer from this phobia but my feelings go so much deeper

Ranter posted:

In Australia we have flies and mozzies everywhere https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aussie_salute. A big harmless huntsman is way cool to keep around for getting them. One of the first things I noticed about moving to another part of the world was the lack of flies. God I hate them.

Sometimes I think I'd like to visit Australia but then I remember the kind of spiders that live there and I go "no thanks"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ranter posted:

Pianka reports that the Aussie salute is effective only as long as the flies are not too sticky, and that once a fly has tasted sweat, hand waving is generally useless at encouraging it to leave, with physically wiping the fly off being required.[2]

:gonk:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

If you have so many flies in your country that a large spider being alive and free in your house is a preferable option, your ecosystem is what I like to call "hosed"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

loquacius posted:

Houseflies are annoying in that they're hard to kill, but at least they're not sticking around long unless your house is disgusting. Spiders are always there, waiting, until you get rid of them.

If you don't have any other bugs, the spider will die of starvation (or leave to find a place that does have bugs idk)

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Reminder of Branco's repressed homoerotic feelings towards Putin.

quote:

Sounds pretty good to me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

loquacius posted:

If you have so many flies in your country that a large spider being alive and free in your house is a preferable option, your ecosystem is what I like to call "hosed"

My spiders are smaller than a fingernail and are welcome guests in my home as long as they can find food

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

If you don't have any other bugs, the spider will die of starvation (or leave to find a place that does have bugs idk)

They will not get to this point, because I will kill them first (on account of they are worse than bugs)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

loquacius posted:

They will not get to this point, because I will kill them first (on account of they are worse than bugs)

Bats aren't bugs.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

I don't think I've seen a single Mr. Fish that I didn't roll my eyes at.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

loquacius posted:

In Florida you can be a neat freak who keeps their house clean as hell and there is always like a 40% chance you'll look down at some point and a giant cockroach will be on you. It's startling to find a huntsman spider in your house at night but it's better than a roach crawling out of the cereal box while you're pouring yourself a second bowl

edit haha, beaten on the huntsman by someone on the other side of the world where they're even bigger

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Small spiders are way better than these fuckers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've never lived in Florida, but I have lived in lovely apartments before, and there are ways to manage cockroach infestations that do not involve sharing your home with unholy abominations

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

loquacius posted:

We'd bring in a few wolf spiders for the back room now and then when I worked at a dive bar, they eat all the insects that like fruit and sugar while staying away from people. And when the flies were back down, you'd just round up the spiders and let em free in the alley again. It was nice.

Wait which thread is this

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Peanut Butler posted:

We'd bring in a few wolf spiders for the back room now and then when I worked at a dive bar, they eat all the insects that like fruit and sugar while staying away from people. And when the flies were back down, you'd just round up the spiders and let em free in the alley again. It was nice.

Wait which thread is this

Political Cartoons 2017/Spider Chat General

Going to share this Guardian article from a few years ago, because it's one I like to go back and read again occasionally:

quote:

A family was driven from their suburban St Louis home by thousands of venomous spiders that fell from the ceiling and oozed from the walls.

Brian and Susan Trost bought the $450,000 home overlooking two golf holes at Whitmoor Country Club in Weldon Spring in October 2007. Soon after that, they started seeing brown recluse spiders everywhere, the St Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Susan Trost told St Louis television station KMOV-TV that in 2012 the spiders “started bleeding out of the walls”, and at least two pest control companies were unable to eradicate the infestation.

The couple filed a claim in 2008 with their insurance company, State Farm, and a lawsuit against the home’s previous owners for not disclosing the brown recluse problem.

At a civil trial in St Charles County in October 2011, University of Kansas biology professor Jamel Sandidge – considered one of the nation’s leading brown recluse researchers – estimated there were between 4,500 and 6,000 spiders in the home. Making matters worse, he said, those calculations were made in the winter – when the spiders are least active.

The jury awarded the couple slightly more than $472,000, but the former owners declared bankruptcy, the insurance company still didn’t pay anything and the couple moved out two years ago.

The home, now owned by the Federal National Mortgage Association, was covered with nine tarps this week as workers filled it with a gas that permeated the walls to kill the spiders and their eggs.

“There’ll be nothing alive in there after this,” said Tim McCarthy, president of the company hired to fix the problem once and for all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

loquacius posted:

Even scorpions!?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

He did already say it was Australia.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Political Cartoons 2017/Spider Chat General

Going to share this Guardian article from a few years ago, because it's one I like to go back and read again occasionally:

at least this horror movie had a happy ending (the death of thousands of spiders)

duz posted:

Even scorpions!?

I hadn't thought about it, but: yes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

loquacius posted:

Mosquitos, man! they've killed more humans than anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

loquacius posted:

What, do you have a horsefly infestation inside your home or something?

No, because we have spiders, duh.

• Locked thread