Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The right-wing is going to win the culture war due to being better balanced and stable. ABC.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Garrand posted:

I unbookmarked this thread in November and decided to come back to the new thread. Read 3 pages and I already can't take it. Jesus I don't know how you people can do this anymore.

I skip almost all posts without cartoons. Also most vintage and non-English cartoons. And I don't even try to make sanse of the British cartoons. Makes the thread a lot more manageable.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Who took the Hacking Our Election from the Hacking Our Election jar?
Putin took the Hacking Our Election from the Hacking Our Election jar!
Shto?
Yes, you!
Suka blyat
Then who??

Cheeki-breeki

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

С точки зрения банальной эрудиции, далеко не каждый индивидуум способен игнорировать тенденции парадоксальных абстракций.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wheany posted:

I skip almost all posts without cartoons. Also most vintage and non-English cartoons. And I don't even try to make sanse of the British cartoons. Makes the thread a lot more manageable.

Stephen Collins' surreal pieces are part of what helps keep me sane. That and Kelly, of course.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Still want to know why Ted Nugent isn't dead or in jail yet.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Trump is a cock.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's a good cartoon, the message is clear. Trump claiming credit for jobs is like a rooster claiming credit for making the Sun rise.

haveblue posted:

Obama would have won a third term if he had jailed or killed Ted Nugent.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

What did Ted Kennedy do this time? :confused:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
This is just a reminder that the Gay Abortions are up and we need to get submissions in!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

haveblue posted:

It's been surprising that he hasn't been dead or in jail for at least 30 years.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Iron Crowned posted:

It's been surprising that he hasn't been dead or in jail for at least 30 years.

Not really. The key to understanding Nugent's good luck is understanding that he's all mouth and no trousers.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Starshark posted:

Not really. The key to understanding Nugent's good luck is understanding that he's all mouth and no trousers.

Except when the trousers are full of old poo poo and piss.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Ooh, I like the subtle usage of the Obama logo.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Nobel prizes are never given posthumously. :spergin:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I haven't read 1984 in like ten years but I'm 75% sure this is not how Newspeak works

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Caithness posted:

Ooh, I like the subtle usage of the Obama logo.

That wasn't the subtle thing I saw.

:goatsecx:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

loquacius posted:

I haven't read 1984 in like ten years but I'm 75% sure this is not how Newspeak works

Mostly it's a tepid weak sauce burn that comes eight years too late.

Besides in the double-think category I think Trump is the undisputed champion; the guy can contradict himself twice in the same sentence and yet according to all his followers he's completely sincere all the time.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Are they seriously going to call him "Trumpster" for the next four years?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

Are they seriously going to call him "Trumpster" for the next four years?

trump-o-rama, el trumperino, the trumpinator, makin copies

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

prefect posted:

The Nobel prizes are never given posthumously. :spergin:

poo poo, I was going to say this only because I had heard a story about a man who won a Nobel prize but died before the award ceremony and the committee was really confused on what they should do.
http://www.npr.org/2011/10/03/141019168/steinman-dies-days-before-receiving-nobel-prize

I know its Stiglich's style, but both those people have a wide-eyed "they have a point!" look on their faces.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cat Mattress posted:

Mostly it's a tepid weak sauce burn that comes eight years too late.

Besides in the double-think category I think Trump is the undisputed champion; the guy can contradict himself twice in the same sentence and yet according to all his followers he's completely sincere all the time.

It's just a really lovely "war is peace" joke that as you said is eight years late.

Also it's not like Obama addressed that he was President of a country at war and basically gave a brief lecture on the concept of just wars in lieu of a real acceptance speech

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

First panel

I'm loving dead :vince:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Where do cartoonists get the idea that the Nobel Prizes are hanging from a ribbon around the recipients' neck like that? I've seen it in a couple of other places as well, like one cartoon by Ruben Bolling.

For reference:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kopijeger posted:

Where do cartoonists get the idea that the Nobel Prizes are hanging from a ribbon around the recipients' neck like that? I've seen it in a couple of other places as well, like one cartoon by Ruben Bolling.

For reference:

One explanation I would like to offer is "White identitarian / white nationalist cartoonist doesn't actually do research, tweets and draws about critical reasoning anyway."

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Kopijeger posted:

They've seen Obama wearing his Nobel Prize around his neck for the full eight years of his presidency and assume it came that way.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

They've seen Obama wearing his Nobel Prize around his neck for the full eight years of his presidency and assume it came that way.

Given how much the following image and its peers were floating around conservative press with rage at the time, there isn't even an excuse for that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

because when you're awarded a medal they put it around your neck (olympics, star wars). next question

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

oddium posted:

because when you're awarded a medal they put it around your neck (olympics, star wars). next question

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

oddium posted:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Gorrell. You literally drew a donkey reaching right and an elephant reaching left. That's what a compromise between the parties they represent would look like.

You were dumb in 2013 and you're dumb now, you hack.

(although "reaching left with your right hand" on the elephant's part is admittedly somewhat compelling, I know it's unintentional.)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Cat Mattress posted:

Obama would have won a third term if he had jailed or killed Ted Nugent.

There's still time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
One thing I keep hearing is "Sure this is awful, but the political satire comedian scene is going to be great again!"

To which I remember this Patton Oswalt bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA87H96VTxA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

oddium posted:

Where's Chewie's loving medal? Or R2 and C3P0's, for that matter?

• Locked thread