Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Please Bibi, bite off more than you can chew.

Also: Donnie is siding with rapist, Julian Assange over our intelligence agencies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I'm visiting LA and the famous garbage Mexican chain restaurant, Del Taco, just fed me some drat fine tacos. Then the manager tried to kick out a homeless guy who had come in before (or so he claimed) and the homeless guy just kept telling him to go back to Mexico. I'm so woke I didn't know what to be more outraged by and my head exploded. Thanks Trump

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
poo poo, I thought that Israeli soldier thing was supposed to be contentious. Like, the facts were in dispute kind of thing.

Nope, domed him cold.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

not caring here posted:

poo poo, I thought that Israeli soldier thing was supposed to be contentious. Like, the facts were in dispute kind of thing.

Nope, domed him cold.

At a guess, they probably were contentious until video came out. Haven't researched that at all but it seems to be the pattern. Watch Israel get the black lives matter cell phone video treatment. How much that accomplishes in a world where Alex Jones is allowed to continue breathing I couldn't say but they'd deserve it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

bird food bathtub posted:

At a guess, they probably were contentious until video came out. Haven't researched that at all but it seems to be the pattern. Watch Israel get the black lives matter cell phone video treatment. How much that accomplishes in a world where Alex Jones is allowed to continue breathing I couldn't say but they'd deserve it.

Even after video came out, a majority of Israelis said he should walk.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yeah, that wasn't kosher.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Yeah, that wasn't kosher.

:mediocre:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

That was bad. Hit the showers.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Zeris posted:

I'm visiting LA and the famous garbage Mexican chain restaurant, Del Taco, just fed me some drat fine tacos. Then the manager tried to kick out a homeless guy who had come in before (or so he claimed) and the homeless guy just kept telling him to go back to Mexico. I'm so woke I didn't know what to be more outraged by and my head exploded. Thanks Trump

That's the best story I've read in a while and I'm expecting a lot more like it in the next four years. If the nation is determined to run headlong into the brick wall on a motorized scooter, I'll gladly be the person holding the beer.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redneck nazgul posted:

That was bad. Hit the showers.

:mediocre:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Meanwhile, somewhere in the third world, a judge has resigned after evidence emerged of him demanding sex from female defendants in exchange for favors.

quote:

“The bond or release of these women or their family or friends were done by their request in exchange for sexual favors,” the commission’s statement said.

It said the commission has recorded video statements from more than a dozen women and obtained text messages that supported the allegations. It said there were other undisputed allegations against the judge, including that he sometimes personally showed up at the county jail to order the release without bail of friends, and that he would give them rides home in his personal vehicle.

Telephone calls and an email to Mr. Parker’s law office and to other numbers associated with him were not returned on Wednesday, but he denied the allegations to The Associated Press on Tuesday. Asked why he didn’t contest them, he told The A.P: “I have young children and I don’t want them exposed to that kind of crap.”

Note that this is separate from the other Arkansas judge who was accused of sexual misconduct last year.

That guy was into "ordering male defendants to be spanked, engage in sex acts and bend over for thousands of photographs to fulfill their “community service,”

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 4, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

this is legit the thing that makes me most frightened for the next four years
good ol' donnie ignoring the agencies who probably hold the greatest responsibility for your security during peacetime

welp glad i live in nz

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Pesticide20 posted:

It's a dance move popularized by blacks that has slowly been killed by rich white people

P sure they stole it from Ginyu Force

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Two Finger posted:

welp glad i live in nz

Prince Humperdinck: Stop saying that!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

this is legit the thing that makes me most frightened for the next four years
good ol' donnie ignoring the agencies who probably hold the greatest responsibility for your security during peacetime

welp glad i live in nz

Stop acting like we won't test calibrate the Minuteman III's on you. :smugdon:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/cspan/status/816736504303276045

:ughh: (more directed at how it looks than what he is doing)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/cspan/status/816736504303276045

:ughh: (more directed at how it looks than what he is doing)

Good use of our tax money there Bernie.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Good use of our tax money there Bernie.

If quoting Trump tweets ad nauseum is good enough for the current events thread it's good enough for Congress!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Tweeting is the highest form of political discourse.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie lies constantly about things he's said. So printing off his favorite form of communication large is probably the only way to hold his feet to the fire. It's probably not effective because he doesn't live in reality but I don't fault Sanders for trying.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

If quoting Trump tweets ad nauseum is good enough for the current events thread it's good enough for Congress!
They're kind of forced by circumstance to quote his tweets. What else are they going to do, quote the brain damaged word salad that is his actual speech? Tweets are how President Elect Chucklefuck puts out his policy positions and handles international negotiations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Except how many times has he gotten away scot free with backing out of other campaign promises? Like straight up saying "I don't wanna do that anymore lol gently caress you." Trump gonna Trump and nobody care

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If your policy or position can't be stated clearly and concisely in 140 characters or less, then it's completely worthless and not worth sha

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It hasn't been that newsy of a day, but it has been hilarious to see scattered Republicans suddenly realize the actual consequences of a full Obamacare repeal when they don't have the slightest clue on what to replace it with.

Also, sometimes their social media team does something stupid:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/816754351934963712

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

It hasn't been that newsy of a day, but it has been hilarious to see scattered Republicans suddenly realize the actual consequences of a full Obamacare repeal when they don't have the slightest clue on what to replace it with.

Also, sometimes their social media team does something stupid:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/816754351934963712

This made me chuckle.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Lt. Governor of Texas is not happy that someone else took their King Retard crown.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I bet Assange is Trumps ~inside source~ on the ~real info~ about the hacks.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ded posted:

I bet Assange is Trumps ~inside source~ on the ~real info~ about the hacks.

Assange is 35 years too old to be Trump's inside source on hacking.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Stop acting like we won't test calibrate the Minuteman III's on you. :smugdon:

you're right, he'll do his best to punish us

pity he'll probably bomb sydney thinking nz is part of australia

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Two Finger posted:

you're right, he'll do his best to punish us

pity he'll probably bomb sydney thinking nz is part of australia

Pretty sure he'll just look at one of the many maps that doesn't feature NZ and call it good

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

Except how many times has he gotten away scot free with backing out of other campaign promises? Like straight up saying "I don't wanna do that anymore lol gently caress you." Trump gonna Trump and nobody care

Welcome to Politics 101. How's Gitmo doing these days? Bush promised to expand LIHEAP but immediately slashed it by hundreds of millions of dollars.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Welcome to Politics 101. How's Gitmo doing these days? Bush promised to expand LIHEAP but immediately slashed it by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Gitmo isn't entirely on Obama. The level of opposition didn't really make that possible. What Donnie is doing is backing out of all the stuff he promised before even being sworn in.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My mistake, broken campaign promises are a new thing and unique to Trump.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Two Finger posted:

welp glad i live in nz
Don't get too comfortable, those same agencies probably do a lot of the lifting keeping New Zealand safe during peacetime too.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

Shut up, Godholio.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

A blatant "I have lost interest" being considered a valid excuse before even being sworn in is new and exclusive to Trump.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Agreed. But are we mad that he's not following through on his campaign promises or that he's openly saying he won't?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Godholio posted:

I get what you're saying, but my point is that he takes "breaking a promise" to a whole new level. There's no pretense of an excuse, and there's no attempt at saving face. He straight up embraces the fact, standing behind a podium, that he said poo poo to get elected with no intention of following through. Ultimately it's a good thing because if we keep pushing this far enough, maybe it will get so stupid that people will start caring again. Maybe?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

"Telling it like it is" is exactly what got a poo poo ton of people to vote for him. They're more likely to appreciate his lack of excuses than I think GIP wants to recognize.

I'll cross my fingers, but I won't hold my breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah but how long will that last? His shittiness feels so good because it's a break from the usual bullshit. But the usual bullshit is de rigueur for a reason. How bad is it gonna get before we're over our fling with the obese towhead badboy

• Locked thread