Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The free shards start next week.

Farming shards is exactly as tedious as it looks yeah. You can trade topaz for them though, if you want. If you think those are bad, special units need 500 instead :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have over 500 topaz, never used them for anything. Maybe i'll get the shards to awaken Klahan. The only other good choice for topaz seems to be a 7k selector which would get me Rachel to 32, or a bunch of other guys that are no longer meta as a fresh 30.

I see there is a time limit to the awaken shard dungeons, what happens when that time is up?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Not sure what their plan is for Global yet. I think it's likely that they will stick around or rotate periodically but have an entry limit. In any event it's no good, so you want to get as much grinding in as you can before they're gone.

Don't forget you also need Topaz to buy jackpots on the special board, which costs more rubies but less topaz than a 7k selector straight from the shop. Also lets you pick assorted 4L and such.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I didn't notice that I was putting all my rubyies into mastery for Adventure mode before I realized there's mastery for every other place you go too.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Unlocks apply to all of them though, so as long as you have unlocked the Tier Lv35 for example, you can just pick it for free in every mode.

Also I don't play the game with sound very often so I hadn't gone through all the new voice acting yet. Most of it is okay, but uhhhhh .... what's up with Karon's voice :shepface:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jan 1, 2017

applebane
Jun 5, 2011
I just collected over 1000 abyss points, should i use them for the guardian ring or save them?

I think i remember something being said about them replacing the guardian ring with something else soon?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It will be replaced with a revive accessory IIRC. I couldn't tell you which is more valuable to you, but guardian ring apparently does not stack with other forms of VS so it's only useful on someone without it already. Also, it's the Rin style per-hit VS so it'll basically eat everything from one attack and that's about it.

The problem with taking any special acc is that you just have a random chance of 4-6* and you can probably guess what your odds of getting a 6* are like. So, it's really much better to take the 6* selectors instead until you don't need any more of those. A 6* debuff or Death acc is probably way more valuable than either of the special ones.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Got a Klahan from the hero pulls, not sure if it was my 50 pull or not. Really wish the game would tell you that.

Coincidentally that got me to an S rank chest, which gave me Rachel 34 :toot:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Coincidentally that got me to an S rank chest, which gave me Rachel 34 :toot:

Speaking of which, should you save that chest for when you get it to S?

The ingame text says the chest progress gets consumed in its entirety if you use it, but knowing these anime games trhat could be just a bad translation

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The free shards start next week.

Anyone get notifications for shards yet?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 1, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ineptitude posted:

Speaking of which, should you save that chest for when you get it to S?

The ingame text says the chest progress gets consumed in its entirety if you use it, but knowing these anime games trhat could be just a bad translation

Anyone get notifications for shards yet?

Yeah always wait for the S rank, it gives you a 75% chance of a special hero, including stuff that just released.

I didn't get any notification because i have them off in my phone's settings, but I still got the shards in my inbox.

E: Interesting thing I did notice today, Void Shield actually prevents you from dying from the Death ailment tick. That's actually pretty neat, but seems hard to make really good use out of.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 1, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Niu Mo Wang quick writeup. Shane bug still around so it's 2 points for me these time, again :rolleye: Might want to have a Dellons handy these days just so it's possible to do some of these at all.

Basic team layout that will get you some points:
Shane | Karma, Sera, Rachel, Spike

You can substitute in Ruri or Jave instead of Sera of course. If you have Sera, then you can use someone other than Karma if you want as well (but having backup piercing isn't a bad idea).

There's a few big overt challenges with this guy:
1) He is protected by 4 minions, you cannot damage him while his minions are alive. They are only vulnerable to Piercing damage.
2) His minions will randomly pop Last Resort on you, on Easy this will instantly kill one hero, no questions asked (nothing resists the damage AFAIK). On Normal difficulty, this will just wipe your entire party at once.
3) He can use Bellowing Rage to reset the minions back into place. So you will need at least 5xAoE pierce skills on your team.
4) He has 'remove buffs' as well so Immortals and such are poo poo out of luck.
5) Bleed and Petrify are both a big deal. Petrify can lock down your important piercers like Jave/Karma/Sera/Ruri. The Bleed damage on Normal will pretty much gib you instantly. Spike is a good solution because he will take care of both of those, but you'll only have 2 turns to work with.
6) You do need more than 140 speed on your team as well to ensure you go first, but that isn't particularly difficult with any of the above heroes on board.

So pretty much what you expect here. Pop a pierce skill at the start of the fight, pop another one any time he does Bellowing Rage. Stick Phoenix on him, then just start hitting him. Not much else to it. This setup will get you a perfectly solid score (top 5% easily), but if you want to push beyond that you'll have to dig into some other team setups. I don't recall if there's anyone good at dealing with Bleed damage at all, but for Petrify you've potentially got Jake who can help you with that, and help keep you alive (big defense buff plus the VS).

Also worth noting (and the same goes for all three world bosses), even just getting 2 points on this guy will get you into the top 50% (usually higher too), which will get you better points than doing the boss on only Easy. So jump in, take the quick free loss, and rack up some of those WB points.

E: Oh, apparently that whole thing about WB's randomly equipping accessories? And NMW's minions randomly not dying? Apparently it's because they can randomly equip Guardian Rings :suicide:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 2, 2017

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Got my 1000 CR points 7k, dropped Jave, so I now have at least one of all of them.

Guess my next selector goes toward transcending someone. I'm thinking either Karma to 32 or Kris to 32 so I have my own obnoxious zombie.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Finall done with the Evan awakening shard grind and have awakened Evan. ~200 runs of easy is honestly not that much fun. Why can we not automate these...
The team i used was Rin | Karma, Pascal, Ace, Spike. Did not fail a single time with this team. I tried hard a few times and got awakened Evan in the last stage down to about 5% health both times, so with a few more transcends on my dudes (32, 32, 38, 34, 30, respectively) i guess i could have done Evan hard.

Tried Karin awakened dungeon on hard twice and succeeded both times, without any manual clicking.

Tried Klahan easy once and got absolutely steamrolled, though with the team made for Evan dungeon. Assuming i need a different team for Klahan's dungeon.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Finall done with the Evan awakening shard grind and have awakened Evan. ~200 runs of easy is honestly not that much fun. Why can we not automate these...
The team i used was Rin | Karma, Pascal, Ace, Spike. Did not fail a single time with this team. I tried hard a few times and got awakened Evan in the last stage down to about 5% health both times, so with a few more transcends on my dudes (32, 32, 38, 34, 30, respectively) i guess i could have done Evan hard.

Tried Karin awakened dungeon on hard twice and succeeded both times, without any manual clicking.

Tried Klahan easy once and got absolutely steamrolled, though with the team made for Evan dungeon. Assuming i need a different team for Klahan's dungeon.

This is my setup for hard Klahan.

Rin 32 / Karma 32 / Khalan 30 / Awk Evan (the most important) / Spike 30

Most important thing is that in 2nd room Awk Evan can stun Khalan 100% so this makes the dungeon trivial. Karma and Khalan are the 3 turn debuffers in the game for zombie (you can use AOE Buff removal if you want DaQuio, Ariel etc)

Room 1: Karma's Ball AOE to break the void shield -> Rin 5 man aoe to turn on zombie -> Karma/Khalan 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

Room 2: Awk Evan stun on to Khalan (it will always target and stun Khalan) -> Khalan 2 hit aoe to remove void shield -> Rin 4 man aoe to turn on zombie -> Khalan/Karma 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

It takes me under 2 min with this setup and you can queue it up and it will succeed 99% of the time.

Key plan is basically:
1) Remove void shields
2) Stun Khalan (in room 2)
3) Turn off zombie mode
4) Have Stun resistance

If you cover those it should be doable in any difficulty, they don't seem to hit that hard. It's bit more tricky than Evan dungeon, but its technically easier cause they usually die to 1-2 AOE and its not a slog like Evan was.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 2, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Finally beat Fl124. That is the dumbest floor. Used this setup:
Rachel | A.Evan, Karma, Ace, A.Karin, w/ Friend A.Karin

Preeeeetty much just scumming revives and abusing Rachel's revive recovery between rounds to keep enemies weak, burn ticks plus reflect gets the job done even while your skills are locked out. Also Awoken skills not being effected by cooldown increase.

Reward was a +26% Lethal orb :rolleye:

Lmao at Fl135's setup being Jave Kris Nezha A.Karin A.Evan.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

bonk

Edited for actual content, anyone got thoughts on accessories for Tank meta PvP heroes? I see most of the high ranked guys are using HP acc, I feel like that might make sense on Evan (taunting tank) and Karin (need to keep her alive at all costs), but others? Seems like any of Decrease Buffs or stun ailments would be good choices, there's far too many matches that end up against 2-3 immortals with no way to get rid of them quickly.

Honestly I would think Death on Evan would make a lot of sense too. But I guess not being dead sort of takes precedence.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 3, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Wassbix posted:

This is my setup for hard Klahan.

Rin 32 / Karma 32 / Khalan 30 / Awk Evan (the most important) / Spike 30

Most important thing is that in 2nd room Awk Evan can stun Khalan 100% so this makes the dungeon trivial. Karma and Khalan are the 3 turn debuffers in the game for zombie (you can use AOE Buff removal if you want DaQuio, Ariel etc)

Room 1: Karma's Ball AOE to break the void shield -> Rin 5 man aoe to turn on zombie -> Karma/Khalan 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

Room 2: Awk Evan stun on to Khalan (it will always target and stun Khalan) -> Khalan 2 hit aoe to remove void shield -> Rin 4 man aoe to turn on zombie -> Khalan/Karma 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

It takes me under 2 min with this setup and you can queue it up and it will succeed 99% of the time.

Key plan is basically:
1) Remove void shields
2) Stun Khalan (in room 2)
3) Turn off zombie mode
4) Have Stun resistance

If you cover those it should be doable in any difficulty, they don't seem to hit that hard. It's bit more tricky than Evan dungeon, but its technically easier cause they usually die to 1-2 AOE and its not a slog like Evan was.

Thanks!
I have the exact same lineup in terms of levels (Evan at 34) but i am guessing you have a lot better gear and jewels on your dudes. I am getting murdered in the hard dungeon, sometimes even in round 1; i don't even always succeed in the normal dungeon.

All my dudes have at least 1 unlocked slot, and for the most part awakened gear though there are several pieces of just radiant gear as well. The substats are according to the meta, e.g. speed and hp, with counter on Rin.
My best attempt so far, out of 10 tries, is getting Klahan and Bai Long in the last round to 1 hp each, with Rin, Karma and my Klahan alive, then Bai Long waves his hand once and oneshots all 3 of my guys. Not really sure what attack that is.

I queue up Agonizing Tempest (karma), Draconic Descent (Rin), Protecting Whirlwind (Klahan), this gets me to stage 2.
Then Multi Slash queued up before starting round 2 (occationally enemy Klahan gets off an attack here).
Then its basically alternating between me and them getting off an attack, with 1 of my dudes dying every time. I don't think i have seen Spike attack a single time yet.

EDIT: ok so actually using the skills in the order you wrote helps. I have managed to clear hard Klahan a few times now. It is still fairly random and unstable though, like sometimes Bai Jiao in the first round will take very little damage from RIn's aoe which is supposed to kill him, so the upcoming debuff remover does nothing to him, and everything turns into chaos.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 3, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah you probably just need better gear or more levels. Decently powered Rin should wipe them no problem.

FWIW this is the setup since my Rin is bad:

Spike | Karma, Ace, A.Evan, Eileen

It's not quite as fast (takes about 2m30s) but it works fine. The chief annoyance is just waiting for Earthquake to come off cooldown. Might be possible to use Balanced to make it faster but I don't have enough power on Karma or Eileen for that.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks!
I have the exact same lineup in terms of levels (Evan at 34) but i am guessing you have a lot better gear and jewels on your dudes. I am getting murdered in the hard dungeon, sometimes even in round 1; i don't even always succeed in the normal dungeon.

All my dudes have at least 1 unlocked slot, and for the most part awakened gear though there are several pieces of just radiant gear as well. The substats are according to the meta, e.g. speed and hp, with counter on Rin.
My best attempt so far, out of 10 tries, is getting Klahan and Bai Long in the last round to 1 hp each, with Rin, Karma and my Klahan alive, then Bai Long waves his hand once and oneshots all 3 of my guys. Not really sure what attack that is.

I queue up Agonizing Tempest (karma), Draconic Descent (Rin), Protecting Whirlwind (Klahan), this gets me to stage 2.
Then Multi Slash queued up before starting round 2 (occationally enemy Klahan gets off an attack here).
Then its basically alternating between me and them getting off an attack, with 1 of my dudes dying every time. I don't think i have seen Spike attack a single time yet.

EDIT: ok so actually using the skills in the order you wrote helps. I have managed to clear hard Klahan a few times now. It is still fairly random and unstable though, like sometimes Bai Jiao in the first round will take very little damage from RIn's aoe which is supposed to kill him, so the upcoming debuff remover does nothing to him, and everything turns into chaos.

Try adding another skill in between Rin's 5 man if you're lacking on damage. I'm running a 6* Crit dmg accessories + 6* Jewels on Rin + complete masteries.

Room 1: Karma's Ball AOE to break the void shield -> Rin 5 man aoe -> Spike's AOE -> Karma/Khalan 3 turn debuff to kill zombies

Also, spike dying is completely normal and doesn't change the outcome much. Mine dies in room 2 almost always.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Edited for actual content, anyone got thoughts on accessories for Tank meta PvP heroes? I see most of the high ranked guys are using HP acc, I feel like that might make sense on Evan (taunting tank) and Karin (need to keep her alive at all costs), but others? Seems like any of Decrease Buffs or stun ailments would be good choices, there's far too many matches that end up against 2-3 immortals with no way to get rid of them quickly.

Honestly I would think Death on Evan would make a lot of sense too. But I guess not being dead sort of takes precedence.

Kris is usually running Death accessories and him alone is usually enough to mop up zombies with counters/spd attacks (you also sometimes get the RNGesus double death proc for instant death)

The thing with tank teams is its completely gear based so once you have Awk HP armor and 6* Hp rings 2 zombies are rarely going to kill your whole line up before they die to Death or just run out of turns. Before you get the gear though tank teams just sorta suck cause a single geared Gip or Teo will just roll you over if you don't get lucky with Kris.

Though from the looks of it,Thai-man seems to be knee kicking Teo and Gip off the meta at the higher brackets. New meta team seems to be Spike/Ace/Thai man/Rin/Karma.

Speaking of Arena

Running Gip / Pascal / Sera / Rin / Karma currently and stuck in 4000s right now. Once I we get the 2nd Thaiman wondering who I should replace. I'm learning towards Gip since everyone going to be adding Thai man but unsure so far.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 3, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Teo is the only guy I have a big problem with as a Tank team since his normal attacks just hurt so drat hard even when he's alone. I don't have Kris at all unfortunately, so I'm thinking I should slap maybe Death on Spike and maybe Stun or Debuff on Jave to help out, but Spike tends to be the first guy to die most of the time due to his lack of VS so I dunno.

Maybe if I just slapped HP accessories on everyone I wouldn't have a problem anyway. I'm about 80% of the way geared up at this point anyway, just need 2 more unlockers and 2 more sets of awakening shards for armor.

Jewels and Acc are actually a bit of a bottleneck as well, could really use another big 6* jewel event sometime soon.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 3, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Teo is the only guy I have a big problem with as a Tank team since his normal attacks just hurt so drat hard even when he's alone. I don't have Kris at all unfortunately, so I'm thinking I should slap maybe Death on Spike and maybe Stun or Debuff on Jave to help out, but Spike tends to be the first guy to die most of the time due to his lack of VS so I dunno.

Maybe if I just slapped HP accessories on everyone I wouldn't have a problem anyway. I'm about 80% of the way geared up at this point anyway, just need 2 more unlockers and 2 more sets of awakening shards for armor.

I didn't have Kris either and that lead to me just abandoning building a tank team. The setup only really works once everyone is lvl 40 (excluding Kris who can be 32) with max equips to chug along smoothly otherwise you just have situations where enemy Rin just mows 4 guys down and you lose instantly or a Teo just one shots everyone in his zombie mode.

Rin/Karma team was so much easier to make since all you need is 32 with good jewels equips and you just mow down people up to 3600.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I saw a bunch of Top 20 tank teams as of last week not running Kris, some running with Ace, Nezha or Klahan even. Seems like there is/was a pretty good variety in decent teams right now.

Actually like the idea of the Evan/Karin/Nezha setup since that's 3 non-special units on your team. Much easier when you're in a spot like me where you only have a 30 Rin and none of your special heroes are above 32. Mostly though, my tank heroes were just already better geared/leveled so I went that route for the time being. It's doing better than my DPS setup already anyway.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Welp here comes +10 and CR Hard tomorrow. Hope they hand out some serious 6* beans assuming this works like KR :X

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Welp here comes +10 and CR Hard tomorrow. Hope they hand out some serious 6* beans assuming this works like KR :X

I really don't think it will work like Kr cause its different from 0-5+ to begin with.

In Kr anytime you feed anything it has X% to just give you the full level with 6* being 100%. And 5-10+ just adds a downgrade % whenever you fail going up (so feeding a 6* always gives you a success).

Edit: was watching TV and died in Ruri unknown dungeon cause I forgot to queue up skills. RIP 5* Accessory and 6* Jewel

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I would not be surprised if they just did it up similar to Awoken Items, and make the cost significantly increased (2.5x total cost, which is +40% per 6* feed).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Daaaaaaaaang. The grind to get woke heroes is already huge.

e: Really need some sort of auto-repeat for the special dungeons, and some sort of 'Collect All' for the shards

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
As much as I'd love woke Evan I just have no interest in that grind. Maybe for Spike, though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
woke evan is pretty concerned about special hero privilege

Real talk, I'm trying to build the best 'autoplay' Raid team I can do. Is there a 'most efficient' team for just putting against a 90+ Gaze and walking away?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Daaaaaaaaang. The grind to get woke heroes is already huge.

e: Really need some sort of auto-repeat for the special dungeons, and some sort of 'Collect All' for the shards

I grinded out Evan and Karin so far, with around 100 shards for Klahan. This type of grind without any QoL features will quickly burn me out on the game.

Evan i had to do on normal mode but i could do Karin on hard. The trick to bear the grind was to not play it actively, just queue up another run and do something else. Did this for a few hours at work and few hours in the evening and got them both done in 2 days. Klahan requires babysitting, with the hard dungeon requires manual input of skills throughout, so i do a few runs here and there. Hopefully ill get all 500 shards before the event ends, i want to awaken him on the 10th so i get that free 6* selector. Ill buy the shards i lack with topaz i think.

What i really like about this game is that its more about tactics and knowledge before the fights, rather than having to actively give input all the time, and is the reason i am able to play it the amount i do (i have an office job so i can play for several hours a day at work without a problem), however having to babysit the game constantly will not work for me in the long run. Ill see how grindy the next awakened heroes will be but this game stopped being fun for me after awakenings was added.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Clawtopsy posted:

Real talk, I'm trying to build the best 'autoplay' Raid team I can do. Is there a 'most efficient' team for just putting against a 90+ Gaze and walking away?

It would be the same as just a regular raid team but the only difference is that you equip HP leech stuff on Feng and Shane so they don't need to be baby sat with healing and you can sprinkle in more lethal on Feng so he uses his skill more too I suppose? I afk all my 90+ dragon and usually pull off 700-900k I think I can break into 1 mil autos once I get my guys all to 40 and equipped.

Ineptitude posted:

I grinded out Evan and Karin so far, with around 100 shards for Klahan. This type of grind without any QoL features will quickly burn me out on the game.

Evan i had to do on normal mode but i could do Karin on hard. The trick to bear the grind was to not play it actively, just queue up another run and do something else. Did this for a few hours at work and few hours in the evening and got them both done in 2 days. Klahan requires babysitting, with the hard dungeon requires manual input of skills throughout, so i do a few runs here and there. Hopefully ill get all 500 shards before the event ends, i want to awaken him on the 10th so i get that free 6* selector. Ill buy the shards i lack with topaz i think.

What i really like about this game is that its more about tactics and knowledge before the fights, rather than having to actively give input all the time, and is the reason i am able to play it the amount i do (i have an office job so i can play for several hours a day at work without a problem), however having to babysit the game constantly will not work for me in the long run. Ill see how grindy the next awakened heroes will be but this game stopped being fun for me after awakenings was added.

I'm guessing they will do what KR has, which is daily dungeon gives common awakening shards, which just let you stockpile for the next release and character specific dungeons just rotate that you can farm for shards that way. We'll see I suppose.

Grinding Evan was painful cause the dungeon was so pointlessly tanky (didn't have rin then either). Khalan I can clear while queuing so it hasn't been painful for me thankfully still need 200 more shards though. Just decided to not rush it and do maybe do few runs here and there.

Oh I realized we get our box rubies refunded this update hell yeah.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 4, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

Here's my setup FWIW:

1: Feng | Karon, BJ, Karma, Espada
2: Shane | Lina, Eileen, Sieg, Velika

This will auto in the range of 1.4-1.6m typically against a 90+ Raid, sometimes higher or lower depending on if the AI decides to be an idiot or not. Basically I just start up the raid and queue Thousand -> Fiendish -> Gigantic and then set the phone down. My Feng is full speed, which is better for DPS output but worse for autoing, if you never plan to manual with him you might want to go SPD/Lethal instead. My Feng's weapons aren't awoken and many of my supports aren't well geared still though, so that could help squeeze out a bit more points if I got them that eventually.

I use Counter/Counter on both Feng and Shane so I can't imagine operating without lifesteal on them, they just don't have the life pool to tank any more than 2 hits at higher rounds and Lina's heal especially is very underpowered already. I was debating switching one or the other to Counter/HP, because in CR you use Rachel who gives you a free 50% counter rate, but probably a more ideal solution would be to switch the CR team to the Feng setup with May/Evan instead of Rachel. Course, that idea will probably go to complete hell with Hard CR anyway.

Speaking of, I wonder how hard our Hard CR will be. Supposedly the rewards in KR are extremely good (can't find details on them though) but it's also actually genuinely difficult. We've got some pretty good scorers for Normal but if Hard requires some totally rejiggered teams I dunno if it'll be worth switching to immediately or not.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Same, the awakenings are simultaneously huge power creep without adding a lot of depth, but with a lot of grind.

Funny to complain about in a game that's all about auto grinding, but the awakening shard grind sucks.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Awakening skills are super rad though and definitely add to the game. But I agree the grind to get heroes awoken sucks, I'm fine with the key cost it's just the time investment required to manual through them is ridiculous. Gimme Auto-Repeat or like 10x key cost for 10x shard payout or something.

But we're in the early part of F2P 'new grind feature' cycle like Wassbix says, they'll make it easier over time for certain so that new players can get caught up on old awoken heroes as they start adding more and more new grindy features (see +10 and Lv46 and so on).

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Here's my setup FWIW:

1: Feng | Karon, BJ, Karma, Espada
2: Shane | Lina, Eileen, Sieg, Velika

This will auto in the range of 1.4-1.6m typically against a 90+ Raid, sometimes higher or lower depending on if the AI decides to be an idiot or not. Basically I just start up the raid and queue Thousand -> Fiendish -> Gigantic and then set the phone down. My Feng is full speed, which is better for DPS output but worse for autoing, if you never plan to manual with him you might want to go SPD/Lethal instead. My Feng's weapons aren't awoken and many of my supports aren't well geared still though, so that could help squeeze out a bit more points if I got them that eventually.

I use Counter/Counter on both Feng and Shane so I can't imagine operating without lifesteal on them, they just don't have the life pool to tank any more than 2 hits at higher rounds and Lina's heal especially is very underpowered already. I was debating switching one or the other to Counter/HP, because in CR you use Rachel who gives you a free 50% counter rate, but probably a more ideal solution would be to switch the CR team to the Feng setup with May/Evan instead of Rachel. Course, that idea will probably go to complete hell with Hard CR anyway.

Speaking of, I wonder how hard our Hard CR will be. Supposedly the rewards in KR are extremely good (can't find details on them though) but it's also actually genuinely difficult. We've got some pretty good scorers for Normal but if Hard requires some totally rejiggered teams I dunno if it'll be worth switching to immediately or not.

Hard reward is basically same as ours currently just more 7k points. Hell mode adds other special units beyond 7ks in it's rewards though.

I don't know how hard ours is gonna be but it's probably worth doing for more points alone?

RE: Awakening Khalan

One useful thing for awakening Khalan is that he can farm 2-10/7-9 with 4 fodder so he'll cut down on the ruby farm time/keys by 30%ish if you're a stickler for efficiency. Probably will run out fodder however doing it this way!

He also eats Rin alive in arena if you're sick of that stupid dragon.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 4, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ohh yeah I was thinking of Hell difficulty, not Hard.

So yeah we should probably switch to CR Hard immediately, more 7K and CR points for everyone is good.

Klahan seems especially worth the effort at this point since he will be able to go to +10. I wish I could get my farming team for his dungeon a bit faster or more reliable, maybe need to play with setups a bit more and see what I can work out.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 4, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Ohh yeah I was thinking of Hell difficulty, not Hard.

So yeah we should probably switch to CR Hard immediately, more 7K and CR points for everyone is good.

Klahan seems especially worth the effort at this point since he will be able to go to +10. I wish I could get my farming team for his dungeon a bit faster or more reliable, maybe need to play with setups a bit more and see what I can work out.

If they follow KR you can +10 .......... at Lvl 40

it's actually the biggest troll (If they do it that way)

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 4, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Wassbix posted:

Holy crap

That will make a huge power discrepancy between players who have heroes in the high 30s, which isn't that difficult, and whales that has everything at 40.
I guess that is the way to go with F2P games with whale elements, add mechanics that puts whales in their own leagues, sorta like how Clash Royale does it (from what i have been told)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Wassbix posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg

Ineptitude posted:

Holy crap

That will make a huge power discrepancy between players who have heroes in the high 30s, which isn't that difficult, and whales that has everything at 40.
I guess that is the way to go with F2P games with whale elements, add mechanics that puts whales in their own leagues, sorta like how Clash Royale does it (from what i have been told)

Well some of the good news there is that a ton of normal heroes get awakenings, especially early on, and IIRC they're actually still adding a bunch more of them (like the Aisha crew).

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Holy crap

ehhh 7k is probably one of the most F2P friendly cell phone game out in the market.

Regular heroes are generally pretty easy to 40 given how often we're given Finas/Selectors. I didn't have a single Evan or Karin before the awakening event and it took like week and a half to get both to 40 just cause I had so many earth/light elements stockpiled.

Rubies are farmable en mass daily (in KR there isn't even a daily cap) and special heroes are mostly obtained thru Monthly selectors/Chess boards/Events. The game doesn't have some super cash unit that flips the game over it's head once you get it either like other games. Most of the progression is gated through incremental increases that just rewards you for planning things out efficiently and logging in daily and playing a bit. It plays more like a Fantasy Medieval Football Manager that rewards long term planning over whaling over the new special X unit that's useful in the Arena meta for like a month.

Lot of cool stuff in the pipe line too, like Lvl 46 normal heroes + character specific gear (new slot that enhance character's skill/passive) + bunch of awakenings

Only thing I hope doesn't come is the Bleach Collab, which was the greatest blunder of Netmarble in KR and had pretty huge repercussions. Basically 2 super op arena characters that could not be fina'd and was only temporarily available with low rates. It was even too much for whales and lot of them ended up quitting. It led to a huge apology post by the Devs with promise that all future collab stuff with be Finable going on forward, and a huge push to increase QoL for F2P (free 10 x unequips a month , cheaper box upgrades, making it rain free poo poo).

Edit: They do in fact release a Whale Tier for Arena Kr have a new league above 7k I believe.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

No question this game is one of the most generous f2p games out there, it's like the not-hateful version of Mobius, both being grindy games with lots of automation. This game has a ton more stuff to do and a mountain more character (which... is kind of embarassing given what Mobius has to draw on - FFRK is more charming and that game has 30 pixel characters).

But they really screwed the pooch on what should be a cool new addition to the game. There's a ton of ways they could have made the shard grind less miserable. A once a day event would still be time gated but wouldn't require 23849234 runs.

On the upshot they did eventually revamp the raid mechanics to just such a system, so maybe it's not entirely hopeless that they'll adjust it. I gave up pretty fast. Even doing it while I was doing other work or playing other games was just too annoying given how frequently you had to monitor it.

• Locked thread