Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

HardDiskD posted:

Me [18 M] with my Girlfriend [19 F] of 5 months, she wants to hold out for sex. Is it worth it?

It's not worth it. Speaking from experience.

go down on her and change her life, young man

if she won't even allow that then sever immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

There is no reason to tell your girlfriend that you lost your virginity to a sex worker while visiting Germany when the near certain result is angering your partner and likely killing your relationship. Period.

dont get me wrong i totally would not tell her in that guys shoes it just seems like a kinda scummy thing to do as youre continuing the relationship when you know you wouldn't if your girlfriend knew the truth

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I honestly don't think "I'm saving myself for marriage" -> "okay, I'll have sex with you" -> "I've thought about it and I'm not quite ready yet, can we get the relationship more solid?" is a crazy train of thought. Five months would be long enough for most people, sure, but if she's just becoming open to premarital sex at all, it's not insane for her to need a little longer. Better than either demanding marriage or having sex she's not ready for, IMHO.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Gaunab posted:

My wife[33 F] was cheating on me [32 M] and got mad at me while cheating for being jealous.

The evidence I had was that I found some bad pictures that were sent via snap chat. She lied about it and said that I was crazy for suspecting her for cheating. She said someone hacked into her phone. I would also find little snippets on her ipad of fb message notifications. Well of course the messages got deleted before I could read them.

I'm pretty sure there has never in the history of the entire universe been a real instance of someone "hacking" dirty pictures on to someone's Snapchat or Facebook chat or whatever other method of sharing photos. There were probably people in Roman times claiming their tasteful pottery collection had been vandalised with pictures of their paramour when they got caught out, and I'm sure some dope believed it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My [38 M] son [10 M] keeps on mansplaining to my daughter [6 F] and wife [31 F]
Keeping an eye on this honeypot

e: got deleted :(
It seems like such an obvious troll but why would they delete it then? Is whole thread gone or are there any comments?

boner confessor posted:

"oh no, children making a moderate amount of noise during the afternoon, my day is ruined. what kind of rear end in a top hat lets their kids outside where i can see them. this is very distracting while i am painting my miniatures" -r/childfree

I have a friend who works nights and sleeps during the day and even tho he's asked the parents if their kids could play anywhere other than right outside his door because it wakes him up (it is seriously loud, I've heard it before) it stops for like 1 day at best.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

WampaLord posted:

Please don't start a major consent derail over this, but this is an extremely hosed up thing to do on her part. Obviously she doesn't have to have sex just because she said she would, but don't promise that poo poo if you're not gonna follow through.

It's her right to change her mind as much as she likes. The problem is she isn't likely to ever feel comfortable having sex before marriage. If the boyfriend ever talked her into doing it, she would probably just resent him for it.

The answer is that waiting probably isn't worth it. Sex isn't everything, but I can't imagine this couple ever having a good sex life.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I blame them both for being stupid loving kids wasting each others' time for months without hammering out basic poo poo like 'should loving be part of our relationship'

You live and you learn. Kids build up sex as this amazing life-changing experience when it's just an ordinary aspect of any healthy relationship like giving back massages, kissing, or having regular date nights. Purity culture fucks teenage relationships up hardcore too. There's probably no chance they could ever have decent sex together anyways. Certainly not the girl in this scenario.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Krabboss posted:

If the boyfriend ever talked her into doing it, she would probably just resent him for it.

Or maybe she'd realize sex is cool and good, you can't know either way.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Antivehicular posted:

I honestly don't think "I'm saving myself for marriage" -> "okay, I'll have sex with you" -> "I've thought about it and I'm not quite ready yet, can we get the relationship more solid?" is a crazy train of thought. Five months would be long enough for most people, sure, but if she's just becoming open to premarital sex at all, it's not insane for her to need a little longer. Better than either demanding marriage or having sex she's not ready for, IMHO.

Yeah, sounds like she's not ready. She got talked into it but once she had time to think it over she felt differently. They're just incompatible.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

ArbitraryC posted:

It seems like such an obvious troll but why would they delete it then? Is whole thread gone or are there any comments?

It got to ~10 comments before the post was deleted. Can't find it now :/

A friend [22M] noticed some marks left on me [22F] from rough sex. He is now convinced that I'm brainwashed and my boyfriend [24M] is beating me.

quote:

Throwaway, because I'm embarrassed as all gently caress.

My boyfriend and I are very much into the BDSM lifestyle. Just in taste anyone has any preconceived ideas about what that means, it's 99% just like any boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, it's just that we enjoy restraints and some painful stimuli. My boyfriend is quite respectful of me, and has always demonstrated that he will stop any and all activities the very second I say I am not comfortable for something.

Anyway, I was back in my hometown this past weekend to catch up with some old friends. At one point, an old friend from high school named Evan happened to catch a glimpse of some fresh bruising under my shirt. Without asking, he lifted it up a little bit and saw fresh marks that had clearly come from a belt.

I jerked my shirt back down as fast as I could but he had already seen what was there. He asked if it was from my boyfriend (Brian) and after some badgering I admitted that yes, it was, but it was with my consent and encouragement. And I begged him not to tell anyone else.

Evan told me that if my boyfriend was hitting me, he was going to get me help, even though I didn't "realize I needed it".

I told him again to drop it, but he said he thinks I'm brainwashed and I just need some help to see it.
I am now back home, with Brian. I'm getting calls from friends asking me what's going on, and Evan told them I'm being abused.

I have received messages from my parents asking me to call as soon as possible, though I haven't yet.

My parents are rather old school conservative, so even if I do explain the situation to them, they are likely to still think I am abused.

I really have no idea how to handle this pretty humiliating situation.

Evan isn't listening to me tell him that I'm fine and to stop involving people. Brian isn't fully aware of what's going on yet, because I am not sure what to tell him. What do I do?!?

tl;dr: Old friend saw bruises from rough sex. Thinks I am being abused and is saying so to friends and family.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Antivehicular posted:

the problem isn't with her, it's with the dude who desperately wants to get in her pants and is willing to sit around not having sex holding out for the possibility she might change her mind. you only get so many young, prime fuckin' years, it's completely stupid to wait for someone to change into the person you want them to be rather than just going out and find someone who already is the person you want them to be

ArbitraryC posted:

I have a friend who works nights and sleeps during the day and even tho he's asked the parents if their kids could play anywhere other than right outside his door because it wakes him up (it is seriously loud, I've heard it before) it stops for like 1 day at best.

sucks for your buddy but if he works nights, is a light sleeper, and lives in an apartment then that sounds like his problem and not everyone else's

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 4, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A friend [22M] noticed some marks left on me [22F] from rough sex. He is now convinced that I'm brainwashed and my boyfriend [24M] is beating me.

Woof. This is a tough one, because the only good advice (hide your sex bruises) is no longer applicable. Can't unring that bell.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

WampaLord posted:

Please don't start a major consent derail over this, but this is an extremely hosed up thing to do on her part. Obviously she doesn't have to have sex just because she said she would, but don't promise that poo poo if you're not gonna follow through.

You can't drop something like this and demand no derails. It's not hosed up at all for her to change her mind at any time. Toxic poo poo like this take lets people think they're entitled to sex.

That said, two teenagers discovering they are sexually incompatible is not the end of the world and they should probably break up.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

Woof. This is a tough one, because the only good advice (hide your sex bruises) is no longer applicable. Can't unring that bell.
I feel like even in the hypothetical universe she was being abused this guy has gone about it the worst way possible that would just make her withdraw from everyone.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
She'll just have to tell her parents the bruises are the result of her maintaining her purity through self mortification

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

He [29M] forgot the car seat again, my [27F] last straw? married nearly 4 years

quote:

I tend to just deal with stuff until I explode... I'm really about to explode. Is this reasonable? What steps should I take? How do I explain my feelings/expectations to my husband?

Background: married about 4 years, together for 6ish I think. 1 toddler & a baby on the way. He works an often physically difficult job, I'm a SAHM for now. Consequently he works and parents when he's home, I do primary parenting, housekeeping, and managing anything else. We tend to run errands together. He's diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder (untreated), I'm diagnosed ADD (medicated). We generally have a very loving and close relationship, although we have a hard time talking about difficult stuff as we're both very sensitive types. We're both good about being vocal in our love & appreciation for each other's hard work.

Issue: He keeps forgetting to move the kid's carseat into my car. I asked him to move it the day before an OB appointment last week, he didn't so I had to reschedule. On the day of the doctor's appointment, he hadn't yet moved it, but luckily got home early so I didn't have to cancel. Today I wanted to take the kiddo out to run errands but... no carseat. I reminded him a few times (maybe 2 times in texts and 3 times in person?) in a neutral/happy way each time. I have ZERO desire to nag.

Other major issue: We live in a basement with pitted concrete floors. I really wanted to put down a floor to warm it up a bit, make it softer for the kid, make it easier to clean, and hopefully help a little with the summer humidity. I picked a vinyl floor that seemed good so I could cut it with a utility knife & install it myself. Everything was discussed extensively with husband prior to buying. Unfortunately it turned out to be too thick to score & snap, or even to hand-saw (rookie mistake I guess). Has to be cut with power tools... frankly I'm scared and overwhelmed by the power saw. So I've been asking husband to do the cuts for me... we got the floors in April '16, and so far it's maybe 1/5th done.
He doesn't want to do anything that would cut into his weekends & weeknights, which are generally spent watching movies/shows, football, or playing video games. I empathize. But I'm so tired of being THE adult at home, and I don't want to be the nag or the bad guy who MAKES him do not-fun things. As far as I know & have seen, for example, he doesn't worry about writing thank yous to his family or think about wills & insurance or plan to make any improvements for his own good or that of our family. I don't want to try to keep track of LITERALLY EVERYTHING so I can remind him of things (and be the bad guy).

Our "fight" so far: So, after I realized I was trapped close to home another day, I texted him (I realize it's not super productive, I was too unhappy... also, I usually want to hash stuff out in writing because I'm a crier and he just wants everything to be comfortable) : "Seriously. This is like the loving floors, why do I have to beg and nag over and over again?? Would it kill you to think about me and [kid] a little more, maybe use some of that brain dedicated to football and video games and tv?"
His response: "I'm sorry, remind me, you don't have to treat me like I'm stupid"
I don't even know what to say. What do I say??
tl;dr: Husband works full-time and parents in his off-hours, but doesn't want to do ANYTHING else except relax. I guess I wish he'd take more personal responsibility? How do I talk to him about this, what do I say?

I got some advice for the husband, anyway

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
She feels so guilty over having sex outside of marriage that she's been self-flagellating ala the scarlet letter guy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The friend lifted her shirt with out consent. That's gross as gently caress and she needs to get away from him.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

sucks for your buddy but if he works nights, is a light sleeper, and lives in an apartment then that sounds like his problem and not everyone else's
It's pretty reasonable to ask them to not play right outside his door when he has a good reason for it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ride The Gravitron posted:

The friend lifted her shirt with out consent. That's gross as gently caress and she needs to get away from him.

I mean, it's a fairly normal reaction for noticing a wound on someone. Everything else he did is the gross part.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

I think this is the point in your life where you need to decide to grow a spine. Stand up for yourself and be assertive. Tell them all the truth about what is happening, and if they can't deal with it or refuse to drop it, forcefully tell them to gently caress off and get the gently caress out of your private sex life.

Or start grilling them about their sex life and all the gritty details that you have no business knowing. If they're halfway decent people they should realize they've crossed a line.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Ride The Gravitron posted:

At this point she'd be within her rights to just tell people that he's a creep who tried to lift her shirt up and got angry when she tried to stop him as far as I'm concerned

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ArbitraryC posted:

It's pretty reasonable to ask them to not play right outside his door when he has a good reason for it.

unless this guy's doormat is a magical fairy land of disney style whimsy and imagination i'm going to assume that the children are not playing immediately outside his door and he's exaggerating the situation out of frustration and or shame. children, as a whole, are generally not entertained by doors

Dial-a-Dog posted:

At this point she'd be within her rights to just tell people that he's a creep who tried to lift her shirt up and got angry when she tried to stop him as far as I'm concerned

yeah, tell people you do roller derby or rock climbing or something and this guy was inspecting your body in a perv way

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Unless you are a trained medical professional about to save a life, no it is not normal

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

I mean, it's a fairly normal reaction for noticing a wound on someone. Everything else he did is the gross part.

no it loving isn't, don't grab people out of nowhere and strip them just cause you're curious what they got under their clothes

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

no it loving isn't, don't grab people out of nowhere and strip them just cause you're curious what they got under their clothes

I loving give up.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

boner confessor posted:

unless this guy's doormat is a magical fairy land of disney style whimsy and imagination i'm going to assume that the children are not playing immediately outside his door and he's exaggerating the situation out of frustration and or shame. children, as a whole, are generally not entertained by doors

it is literally outside his door, I've been there on one of his day's off and the way the apartment is setup does indeed mean being 2 feet from his front door is a plausible spot for children to play, but there are also other areas.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
WampaLord bringing in the hot takes on consent all over this last page, ladies watch out if you've got a bruise on your hip, those pants are coming off

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

WampaLord posted:

This following your extremely dubious take on consent isn't very surprising.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Yeah he sure did strip her :rolleyes:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I look forward to my upcoming red text about how I'm a rapist.

monkeytennis posted:

Yeah he sure did strip her :rolleyes:

loving thank you.

OptionalFeature
Sep 11, 2015
Not reddit, but picking up a post from MetaFilter, which is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel:

quote:

Donald Trump killed my sex life

So my wife and I (both ladies) have a good relationship and a good sex life. Or at least, we had one until November 8th. Suddenly, any fun sexytime feelings I had were buried under a mountain of fear, anger, sadness, and apathy. Seeking advice on how to get my groove back, with details inside.

My wife and I have been together for seven years, married for four. We've had periods of more and less sex depending on lots of different factors, but this is one of the longest periods in a while that we've gone without having any sex at all. Our relationship has been getting stronger and stronger over the past year, and had Hillary won on November 8th, I'm sure everything would be doing great in the bedroom as well.

However. Since the election, we've both been angry, fearful, and sad at the outcome and at what may be coming in the future. (We are also both big political junkies, as you can imagine.) I feel like if I have any feelings around sex or intimacy, they're buried under nine feet of these negative emotions and impossible to access. I think this is probably the angriest I've been in a long time, and it feels like I can't fully relax without my thoughts going back to fearful and angry thoughts and apocalyptic ideation.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

it is literally outside his door, I've been there on one of his day's off and the way the apartment is setup does indeed mean being 2 feet from his front door is a plausible spot for children to play, but there are also other areas.

Just drown it out with the groans of pleasure from when he's finishing in your rear end.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Go ahead and lift your female friend's shirt without asking, let me know how that works out for you.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

WampaLord posted:

loving thank you.

We'll go down together! (Not in a pervy, rapey way though).

:discourse:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

loving thank you.

Maybe don't try to normalize lifting up women's shirts with out their consent.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

FreakOfScience posted:

Not reddit, but picking up a post from MetaFilter, which is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel:

Sounds like he built a wall in their bedroom

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FreakOfScience posted:

They need one of them to role play as a conservative and do some hate loving.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'd rather have an orgy of non-consensual skirt lifting take place right outside my door than listen to this crap any longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

zakharov posted:

Go ahead and lift your female friend's shirt without asking, let me know how that works out for you.

It honestly sounds like something that would happen on an old drama show where you're supposed to think it was a good thing for the guy to do cause he was just being protective and her boyfriend is a real shitbag but someone doing that irl just floors me. Plus straight up telling her that "She's brainwashed" then going behind her back and telling everyone she knows about it makes the dude seem like he's probably got some ulterior motives.