Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's been like 20 years since one was ready at launch though.

Unless NSMB WiiU was, I forget

It was, I went home with that and Nintendoland and remembered that Nintendo has does and will own couch coop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They don't count because they all look the same anyway

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

All this time, subconsciously, I've wanted a game where you beat up Rabbids as Mario. I just didn't know it until they announced it

I think it's going to be mainly a rabbids game with just minor use of Mario characters. Just my general feeling.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

greatn posted:

Spaceworld Zelda and Mario 128 were both obviously tech demos and labeled as such.
In the brave world of digital distribution, even a tech demo can grow up to be a real boyshovelware

Hell, that's pretty much all Early Access and VR have

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Switch event will just be an hour of Reggie reading off a list of games and specs and will punctuate each sentence by slapping a bound and gagged Kevin Pereira tied to a chair in the face with his dick

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

They call it the switch because you take one look and change genders

There is a girl gamer button for a reason.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm straddling the fence on this mario poo poo. I think it's obvious there'll be a mario but I think it's gonna be another Galaxy or some sort of remaster of them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't know why it can't be a new Mario when it's been 2013 since we had a new one and they've obviously had time to work on one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Switch event will just be an hour of Reggie reading off a list of games and specs and will punctuate each sentence by slapping a bound and gagged Kevin Pereira tied to a chair in the face with his dick

That's unlikely

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm straddling the fence on this mario poo poo. I think it's obvious there'll be a mario but I think it's gonna be another Galaxy or some sort of remaster of them.

It's going to be the Mario game they showed in the Switch reveal, you dummy

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I don't know why it can't be a new Mario when it's been 2013 since we had a new one and they've obviously had time to work on one.

It very well could be. But im not banking on it yet. It looks fun, gonna play it right after all the Zelda. (if it exists and is launch title..and and and)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did 3D World really come out in 2013?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's unlikely

Actually, that leak was confirmed from numerous sources.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Did 3D World really come out in 2013?

In November, yeah.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Jokes on you I didn't even remember there was a new mario game in the rooftop party video

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dang

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone thinking the switch commercial, which was not a tech demo, had games shown on it that don't exist and aren't done or really close to being done, is ridiculous. This wasn't some demo put together for insiders who will normally understand that tech demos aren't representative of final products, it was a commercial for the general public.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

drat, WiiU was out for a long time actually, for all the "killing it early for being a failure" talk. Mines been used every day and dropped every other day by toddlers up and still going strong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It will have been out for close to 5 years by the time the Switch drops which is the normal Nintendo cycle, but you could argue that it's been dead for the past few months given how little has come out for it.

Also ya know, it's a 3DS replacement trying to pretend it's a WiiU replacement.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

It will have been out for close to 5 years by the time the Switch drops which is the normal Nintendo cycle, but you could argue that it's been dead for the past few months given how little has come out for it.

I don't know what you're complaining about, a game came out literally two weeks ago, and this spring will see the release of two new Lego Dimensions expansions compatible with the Wii U version of Lego Dimensions. The Wii U is doing fine

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I got an email from Nintendo telling me to watch for an email from eventbrite to attend one of the switch demo events

Is everyone getting them or is it a lottery or what?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i want to know if i buy a digital game on my switch it will be tied to that switch and can't be transferred because that was really cool of nintendo to do that

also please don't allow voice chat as that would upset the children but built in dick drawings into the home ui is perfectly find for the switch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ethanol posted:

i want to know if i buy a digital game on my switch it will be tied to that switch and can't be transferred because that was really cool of nintendo to do that

also please don't allow voice chat as that would upset the children but built in dick drawings into the home ui is perfectly find for the switch

Listen dude, Sony does a thing so it's fine.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Cojawfee posted:

Listen dude, Sony does a thing so it's fine.

The Sony drm system is not the same tho like at all

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Not a Children posted:

I got an email from Nintendo telling me to watch for an email from eventbrite to attend one of the switch demo events

Is everyone getting them or is it a lottery or what?

sort of a lottery, I got one a few weeks ago or so for the new york one next saturday

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The thing about the event I kind of fund exciting is that every leaker basically has all their sources in Europe or America. No one really knows what the gently caress is going on in Japan. There is nothing but speculation for Capcom, Square, Atlus, Sega, and even Nintendo to an extent.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Refresher:

Doesn't look like a Sunshine/Galaxy remaster to me. Also pretty skeptical they'd include this in the reveal video for a game that won't be ready until December or something.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Mario would be a lot more fun to play if he didn't run around with his arms in the air like a prissy houewife from a 50's TV show who just saw a mouse.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Nintendo fans collectively: I don't see anything weird about running like that

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He runs like Goku or Naruto. Nick Smith aka ulillillia has scientifically determined this to be the most efficient running technique.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm not playing Mario unless they remove the bullshit third super jump and go back to smw mechanics in a 3D world

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

lot of bad posts recently. i pray, for this thread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

lot of bad posts, this thread

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I decided to bookmark this thread today but I will entertain steam gifts to unbookmark

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ethanol posted:

I'm not playing Mario unless they remove the bullshit third super jump and go back to smw mechanics in a 3D world

Good, more Italian turtlemurder tubes man for the rest of us.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ethanol posted:

You should play Super Mario 3D World then, it's awesome

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

oddium posted:

lot of bad posts recently. i pray, for this thread

Maybe there's an inverse relationship between this thread and how cool the Switch will be? I am doing my part by being as bland and inoffensive as possible, a zero sum gain.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

GreatGreen posted:

Mario would be a lot more fun to play if he didn't run around with his arms in the air like a prissy houewife from a 50's TV show who just saw a mouse.

The way he sticks his arms out with his hands up right before the Bullet Bill makes me wonder if there'll be a Raccoon Suit/Cape equivalent in this one, it reminds me of the full-speed run from SMB3.

And are those little guys with the sombreros and maracas cactus people? Like, Pokey or maybe Pianta relations? Hard to tell, but the one on the right looked kind of green.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Electromax posted:

Refresher:

Doesn't look like a Sunshine/Galaxy remaster to me. Also pretty skeptical they'd include this in the reveal video for a game that won't be ready until December or something.

That looks sooooo fffing pretty cjwixjwnsjs

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TVs Ian posted:

The way he sticks his arms out with his hands up right before the Bullet Bill makes me wonder if there'll be a Raccoon Suit/Cape equivalent in this one, it reminds me of the full-speed run from SMB3.

And are those little guys with the sombreros and maracas cactus people? Like, Pokey or maybe Pianta relations? Hard to tell, but the one on the right looked kind of green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Me, every time I open the Switch thread.

• Locked thread