Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Oodles posted:

So I was reading the wiki about dead Titans, and obviously you're up there. So checking Deadtear's killboard, he only did something on that day, and never did anything before or after? He was only active for 20 minutes?

He was propbably purpose trained to sit in a titan. Subcap shenanigans detract from that. He probably has another subcap dude.

Up until the last two years ago most of our titans were just glorified pos queens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Multilake posted:

Are there any solo pvp'lers in here? If so, what is your current flavour of the month ship?

I'm doing solo PVP sometimes. Mostly do die hilariously to everything, since I'm the shittiest pilot ever born. In one of my first solo fights the other guy was so confused about my Maller dying so fast he wrote "WTF, where's your tank?" in local. I had forgotten to switch on my armor rep and only remembered after my guns had self-neuted my ship. :v:

After four years of playing EVE, I have two kills to my name, total.

Anyway, I always liked the Pilgrim. Mostly because the thought of ambushing people and then using cap and e-warfare to make someone absolutely helpless is funny to me.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
Are you flying around lowsec or dipping into null? I usually run around null, but thought that I would give FW-Space a try and just died to a Huggin, which was sitting in a medium plex and had a merlin as bait. :argh:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Multilake posted:

Are there any solo pvp'lers in here? If so, what is your current flavour of the month ship?

I flew this around null for quite a while a couple nights ago. Was fun, then I got blobbed to death.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/58836515/

On the other hand I tanked their gang for a good 10 minutes before they reshipped a couple of their guys and brought out more caracals to actually kill me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Multilake posted:

Incursus.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
if you aren't flying a hg crystal hookbill you're doing it wrong

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I caught up on all of the posts

why did i catch up on all of the posts :(

you'd think I'd have learned by now

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
one of these things is not like the others

This figure probably doesn't take excavator drone amounts into account, either. Which is :staredog:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Multilake posted:

Are you flying around lowsec or dipping into null? I usually run around null, but thought that I would give FW-Space a try and just died to a Huggin, which was sitting in a medium plex and had a merlin as bait. :argh:

My dedicated PVP-character is mostly for LowSec and FW, my main's adventures in seeking death were in LowSec (kill 1), NullSec and W-Space (kill 2).

In NullSec I never did anything except die in the most ludicrious fashion, like that one time where my Manticore drifted into someones POS-shield, decloaked and got blown up while I was studying my d-scan. :shepface:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Fix Lag posted:

This figure probably doesn't take excavator drone amounts into account, either. Which is :staredog:

yeah this poo poo has to be bugged, no way we mined a shameful 2.3T

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Fix Lag posted:

Goons mining 2 full regions of highsec more than the rest of the game, with possibilities of it being at least 3-4 regions, makes me think why isn't more of null like that, it's how it is in the Chinese servers.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Goons mining 2 full regions of highsec more than the rest of the game, with possibilities of it being at least 3-4 regions, makes me think why isn't more of null like that, it's how it is in the Chinese servers.

most of nullsec is hideously underpopulated

consider: we pack an alliance of 21k characters into what is essentially 4-5 constellations total

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

and a reply: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6782432#post6782432

CCP Quant posted:

As far as i know the logging of mining by drones hasn't been fixed yet :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fix Lag posted:

:eyepop:

As much as I love to give null groups poo poo, I do respect goons for actually living in their space, not using it for e-penis measurements (*cough* PLNC *cough*).

Provi being second on there for null regions also doesn't surprise me.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah this poo poo has to be bugged, no way we mined a shameful 2.3T

Probably closer to 3T right?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

iospace posted:

Probably closer to 3T right?

:kiddo:

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
looks like we were right about CCP making GBS threads their pants when they realized what we were up to

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

iospace posted:

I think PL used them to somewhat success, but don't hold me to that.

Yeah we used them for a while- they're boring as gently caress to fly.

Align, F1, Warp. Repeat.

It's swordfleet, but with 500m ships.

Ynglaur posted:

:stare: You can do this?

If we used 600 Petes we'd be probed and bubbled within 10 seconds. Our fleets comps are intended to be very forgiving of the odd bad fitting. For goodness' sake, we struggled with Crows and went back to Claws.

The whole point of Petes is to do fuckall dps and live forever because you can warp/alpha/warp before another fleet can catch you and they can't be bubbled.

They were the 3rd party ship of choice for a while just because the only real chance you had to kill them was on a gate or at a perch.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Oodles posted:

So I was reading the wiki about dead Titans, and obviously you're up there. So checking Deadtear's killboard, he only did something on that day, and never did anything before or after? He was only active for 20 minutes?
we had our own killboard and zkill is not a perfect historical record but i never really did much on that guy no

Rhymenoserous posted:

He was propbably purpose trained to sit in a titan. Subcap shenanigans detract from that. He probably has another subcap dude.

Up until the last two years ago most of our titans were just glorified pos queens.

only partially true, i was just the closest person aside from tilta to a base level erebus when we decided to get one by virtue of going dominix->thanatos/moros with a focus on drones mostly

it worked out ok because titans didnt use guns at the time

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

iospace posted:

:eyepop:

As much as I love to give null groups poo poo, I do respect goons for actually living in their space, not using it for e-penis measurements (*cough* PLNC *cough*).

you missed russian renters

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Then some guy leaves his ECCM thingy off and this happens

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you missed russian renters

But they're renters. Do they really count?

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

L0cke17 posted:

I flew this around null for quite a while a couple nights ago. Was fun, then I got blobbed to death.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/58836515/

On the other hand I tanked their gang for a good 10 minutes before they reshipped a couple of their guys and brought out more caracals to actually kill me.

Jesus, that fitting! You would've been hosed against anything bigger than a BC, but I suppose you just wanted to kill small poo poo? Hyperion ist easily my favourite battleship in the entire game, but it's not as engagable as others. Probs for taking that badboy into null!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ban all the retards that keep going LOL WE'RE ACTUALLY MINING WAY MORE THAN THAT if CCP nerfs rorquals again

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reverand maynard posted:

ban all the retards that keep going LOL WE'RE ACTUALLY MINING WAY MORE THAN THAT if CCP nerfs rorquals again

Honestly, I think Rorqs are in a good spot in terms of mining.

The fact that they're not Slowcat 2.0 is not though.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ill let you shoot into my resist hole any day

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Xolve posted:

The whole point of Petes is to do fuckall dps and live forever because you can warp/alpha/warp before another fleet can catch you and they can't be bubbled.

Given that he talked about goons and their bad fitting decisions, I believe he was suggesting that someone would go for all-align or all-dps or just focus on locktime (most likely) and get everyone else killed by being a big, probe-able beacon in the middle of the fleet.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Endie posted:

Given that he talked about goons and their bad fitting decisions, I believe he was suggesting that someone would go for all-align or all-dps or just focus on locktime (most likely) and get everyone else killed by being a big, probe-able beacon in the middle of the fleet.

nail, head, etc

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

ill let you shoot into my resist hole any day

poz my em hole

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Just what we need, another dotanerd for the gfgbs crew.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

he;pl skill queue running out wat train http://eveboard.com/pilot/Chicken_Wing

e: answers shall not include mining/industry skills

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Libluini posted:

I'm doing solo PVP sometimes. Mostly do die hilariously to everything, since I'm the shittiest pilot ever born. In one of my first solo fights the other guy was so confused about my Maller dying so fast he wrote "WTF, where's your tank?" in local. I had forgotten to switch on my armor rep and only remembered after my guns had self-neuted my ship. :v:

After four years of playing EVE, I have two kills to my name, total.

Anyway, I always liked the Pilgrim. Mostly because the thought of ambushing people and then using cap and e-warfare to make someone absolutely helpless is funny to me.

I'll 1v1 you at the sun, and add another 3rd kill to your name.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

ChickenWing posted:

Finish off your missile supports, then armor comps to 5. Then train bomb deployment to get void bombs

Then Hic 5 and graviton physics 5 then sensor comps to 5 is what I would do.

E: you could also do all your ewar skills to 5

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ChickenWing posted:

minmatar dread V is the obvious first choice

also at a minimum IV the sensor comp skills and probably V them, and you're even missing two of them

evilweasel fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 4, 2017

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

ChickenWing posted:

I don't have any really good advice, I mainly looked because as a low SP scrub it's good to see where bitter vets decided certain skills were "good enough."

But you seem to be missing the support skills for damps/painters/TDs, if those are things you use often.

edit: Missile Bombardment 5 is also a big deal due to the :ccp: math regarding missile range

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 4, 2017

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

ChickenWing posted:

goodposting? :mmmhmm:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Sensor comps to 5?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

if you want to play eve for free (or want to pay for eve but want free ships) just train mining skills then extract them whenever you're in jita/need isk

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

ChickenWing posted:

Armor:
* You're missing Armor Layering (reduced mass for plates) entirely, get it to 4
* Armor comps to 5, you're walking away from 2% resist on your EANMs
* Maybe remote hull reps to 3 or 4

Drones:
* Fighter Hangar Management 4 (5 if you've got aims on a super)
* Support Fighters 4 (the extra resists on T2 sirens go a long way)

Electronic Systems:
* Secondary ewar skills (Signal Suppression, Signature Focusing, Weapon Destabilization) -- these are arguably more important than the base skills

Engineering:
* Thermodynamics 5. Get on it, son.
* Resistance Phasing to 4 if you fly anything with a RAH

Missiles:
* Get your core skills (Warhead Upgrades, Rapid Launch, Guided Missile Precision, Missile Projection) to 5. Then see.

Rigging:
* Get everything you've already got injected to 4. You're missing drone rigging, but so few ships use that, it's not a high priority.
* Hybrid and energy weapon rigging.

Targeting:
* Get the other two sensor compensation skills, and get all four comps to 5.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

but seriously, dread V, if you're dropping your naglfar you want top damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

evilweasel posted:

but seriously, dread V, if you're dropping your naglfar you want top damage

hmm i think you may be on to something

• Locked thread