Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cat teeth man

http://i.imgur.com/RT4O5XV.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mere seconds later, the catte was well fed and the man taken to hospital to have the stump sealed :)

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Just to add from a real life perspective I have ten full time truck drivers working at my company and none of them have ever expressed any interest in hand loading cargo either, mostly they just look a bit depressed and shrug a bit when they do have to do it. :)

Subsumption!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Check his Twitter. A few days ago Jared got stuck in an elevator and, during his rant, he said that he keeps two phones because he has a second job.

That says a few things

1) chris is too cheap to pay a proper wage for one of his most forward facing employees , whom for as much as I hate CIG in general Lando seems to always be there, working or not he puts in a lot of time

2) Lando knows what's going to happen and has plan B already lined up

3) His second job is working for restoration hardware as a sales consultant

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the highest levels of Scientology are where you learn the whole thing is made up and exists as a way to give people a sense of meaning. Then they give you a massive paycheck and you're so conditioned by then that you accept it as for the greater good. Plus the cash.

OT8, the highest level, just leaves Scientologists a confused and empty shell. None of that level makes any sense, but they are conditioned not to doubt the teachings.
Scientology did try to introduce a higher level/course "The Super Power Rundown", but it had the adverse effect of waking up many of the scientologists who took part, resulting them in leaving the cult... None of the people who took part gained super powers.

I used to protest our local org in my old electric scooter, and used to challenge the few OT8's who I encountered with "Hubbard tells you that with OT8, you can move whole planets with your mind. How come you can't move a disabled protester from outside your church?". They never had an answer to that... lol

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

fuctifino posted:

OT8, the highest level, just leaves Scientologists a confused and empty shell. None of that level makes any sense, but they are conditioned not to doubt the teachings.
Scientology did try to introduce a higher level/course "The Super Power Rundown", but it had the adverse effect of waking up many of the scientologists who took part, resulting them in leaving the cult... None of the people who took part gained super powers.

I used to protest our local org in my old electric scooter, and used to challenge the few OT8's who I encountered with "Hubbard tells you that with OT8, you can move whole planets with your mind. How come you can't move a disabled protester from outside your church?". They never had an answer to that... lol

Was Tom Cruise nice ? I bet his hair was always immaculate

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sappo569 posted:

Was Tom Cruise nice ? I bet his hair was always immaculate

He's always squirrelled away in high security compounds, playing 'Best Buddies' with the cult leader, David Miscavige

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

fuctifino posted:

He's always squirrelled away in high security compounds, playing 'Best Buddies' with the cult leader, David Miscavige

How much of a midget can you be when tom towers over you?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Sickening posted:

Even more hilarious when you consider Miscavige was wearing platform shoes at this event. lol...

e: He's just under 5'1 (155cm)

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 4, 2017

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://gfycat.com/LastHideousBetafish

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

fuctifino posted:

they be gay guys enjoying life. let em have the little cult.
going clear is around 400k ot8 1.2mill last I heard.
now dont forget you must donate a large portion of your income to the church as well.
you are inundated with request to be on level.
I am sea org so ask me anything.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

fuctifino posted:

Here's my scientology story. I'm sorta friends with Elron Hubbards great grandson. He's actually p cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciupsqkLLkQ

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

That says a few things

1) chris is too cheap to pay a proper wage for one of his most forward facing employees , whom for as much as I hate CIG in general Lando seems to always be there, working or not he puts in a lot of time

2) Lando knows what's going to happen and has plan B already lined up

3) His second job is working for restoration hardware as a sales consultant
last rumors from awhile back had ben/lando/alexis being refactored with less and less public time

it wouldn't surprise me to see a "well I had the best time of my life, but after 4 years its time to move on" set of announcements this year

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
The most amazing part about this game is with all the texture, environment and lighting artists they have on staff, they still somehow managed to make a game that just looks loving dull as hell.

Is color not allowed in space?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Check his Twitter. A few days ago Jared got stuck in an elevator and, during his rant, he said that he keeps two phones because he has a second job.

Oh wow, thanks! :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Even more hilarious when you consider Miscavige was wearing platform shoes at this event. lol...

e: He's just under 5'1 (155cm)

I class those guys as "well groomed hobbits" or "poster boys for short man syndrome" :)

If they ran into me they would headbutt an nipple :D

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Sabreseven posted:

I class those guys as "well groomed hobbits" or "poster boys for short man syndrome" :)

If they ran into me they would headbutt an nipple :D

he loves his scotch though.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

ddiddles posted:

Is color not allowed in space?

Only if it's tacked on as a gaudy afterthought.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I have better shops than boss therefore I know more about game development than DS, checkmate goonies :smuggo:

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 4, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

teal is allowed but only if you make everything teal

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

last rumors from awhile back had ben/lando/alexis being refactored with less and less public time

it wouldn't surprise me to see a "well I had the best time of my life, but after 4 years its time to move on" set of announcements this year

Alexis has a legit job though , handling tickets and CS or whatever

I think the only reason she ever started appearing on camera was Ben dragging her on with him

The rest of them can all get dropped tomorrow and it wouldn't affect anything , they managed to dig themselves into a pretty cushy media job that has absolutely no bearing on making the game

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

intardnation posted:

he loves his scotch though.

Bet he doesn't have it in a tall glass :D

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

This is entirely pertinent to scientology and Miscavige.

did you see the size of the loving medal that Cruise was awarded? Teeny peepees all around.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuctifino posted:

Whoa miscarriage looks like Director Krennic

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hav posted:

This is entirely pertinent to scientology and Miscavige.

did you see the size of the loving medal that Cruise was awarded? Teeny peepees all around.

Physically bracing himself upon the podium against the medals vast chocolatey weight. :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

teal is allowed but only if you make everything teal

If I ever take up Derek's offer (the money is tempting) and upgrade to full time LoD shill I'll start going by Cyanmelion

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Galorex, plz fix image above tia

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

don't doxx me please

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ewe2 posted:

I have better shops than boss therefore I know more about game development than DS, checkmate goonies :smuggo:

He literally just describeb how Chris works though :psyduck:

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Too bad that without his cited and criticized method he would never get to see a bomber jacket.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

once more, with ~fidelity~

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

don't doxx me please

Derek couldn't doxx the broad-side of a federal building. I wouldn't worry.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

scientology is cooler and gooder and has more chance of coming true than star citizen

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
Posting from the past because that gif of wtfosaur stroking that other streamers face is the creepiest loving thing

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I had a co-worker who was 4'11", she hated it so much. "It's a struggle just being noticed / taken seriously."

Judging people by their size is kind of sad. Too many friends are like "I need a six foot something bf... " and all it does is make me think they're super shallow.

As far as cults go SC is 2, Scientology is a 6 and Jonestown is a 10.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

ewe2 posted:

Making a can in 3D should take like 12 minutes not 2+ hours. No wonder his boss told him he was inept.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Unfortunately CIG's art direction, like everything else, is limited by the imagination of its creative director. Color is just one example. There's little inspiration with respect to any aspect of the game, from the appearance of characters to the starships to even the lore itself. It's pretty sad when the story of Star Citizen (the project) is more interesting and immersive than the story of Star Citizen (the game).

I feel like a lot of it is that Star Citizen has no soul. It has no defining characteristics or rules that dictate how things look or how the universe operates. If you look at something out of Star Wars or Star Trek you can associate it with that universe. Firefly did the same thing by focusing on a western, frontier aesthetic. Elite has largely done the same thing (although I think the Guatamaya ships are a bit out of synch). Wing Commander (the game) did as well with their jets in space and open hangars trying to create a WW2 look within the limitations of the technology. In WC1/2 the ships were bright and colorful, with distinctive silhouettes that attempted to evoke the look of a WW2 space plane. Between WC1 and WC2 the emphasis was placed on increasing the style by using the extra pixels to add paneling in a manner that suggested a riveted warbird. This aesthetic was also transitioned over to the Kilrathi ships, which had a distinct look but retained a "riveted together" appearance. Privateer also follows this aesthetic even with the alien Selkath craft which have a paneled look. The same thing is visible in the cut scenes, and in the inside of the cockpits. Incidentally the limited viewspace of the cockpits was a technical trick; the less you could see out the window the less you had to render.

Curiously Privateer shows an interesting turning point for Wing Commander. While the ships are still sprites they were clearly based off of 3D models. If you compare the difference between ships featured in the first WC and Privateer you can clearly see that the color palette is now muted. We see the same thing happen in later WC ships. As more freedom allows for more detail, it seems to come at the expense of color. This continues in the Wing Commander movie and ultimately now in CR's latest release.

Unfortunately the technological freedom of Star Citizen has resulted in a mish-mash of creative ideas with little in the way of a unifying appearance. Vanduul, Xian, Banu, and Human ships have little to suggest they're part of the same universe. Even the different Human manufacturers take wildly different approaches and leave a lot to be desired. Why does a Hornet have massive "hydrogen scoops" and wings but the Aurora has neither but relies on fans? Why does Drake have everything from a wingless stump of a ship in the Herald to a Cutlass to a space-jet Buccaneer? Where is the unifying theme? What universal rules bring everything together? I would argue there are none, and instead the various ships reflect the lack of vision of the creator. Given the freedom to do anything, Chris Roberts chooses to do everything.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek couldn't doxx the broad-side of a federal building. I wouldn't worry.

yet banned twice here for doing so.

r u ok commando - thinking of a refund i see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Raskolnikov posted:

I had a co-worker who was 4'11", she hated it so much. "It's a struggle just being noticed / taken seriously."

Judging people by their size is kind of sad. Too many friends are like "I need a six foot something bf... " and all it does is make me think they're super shallow.

As far as cults go SC is 2, Scientology is a 6 and Jonestown is a 10.

I'm 6'9" and let me tell you it's loving awesome.