Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Probably won't work until you're more like 33~34 or so but I've been quadding in Iceclad Ocean as a druid and loving it. Snow Dervishes, Wolves, and then Giants are all in plentiful supply, and the zone is pretty huge and wide open so you have tons of room to run around kiting in without having to worry about stumbling into something nasty. Lots of people suggest kiting giants in kunark, and that works, but I find its more dangerous with less visibility and more things wandering around.

Its also nice as a Druid/Wizard since you can port straight to IC, kill things, and then gate or port back to tunnel and get clarity buffs or whatever you want.

when is it a good idea to start quadding? I'm up to 21, looking forward to Actually Playing The Game! :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zodium posted:

when is it a good idea to start quadding? I'm up to 21, looking forward to Actually Playing The Game! :shepface:

As soon as you have an area-effect spell that casts on your target and not yourself, and ideally where you have enough mana you can kill a target from full health by casting that AOE spell over and over without running out first. If you come a little shy on mana you can kite around for awhile and med up for a few extra casts, and if you get resisted that'll happen, but you don't want to have to med for half your mana just to finish the fight. You're also gonna want to sow yourself and snare your target, but you can use potions of blood of the wolf or you can get buffs from tunnel or you can get jboots or whatever.

For druids the first main AOE spell is lightning strike at 34 so that's when druids really start quadding. Wizards on the other hand get one as early as 12, but it looks like Column of Lightning at 24 is your first real proper quadding spell. So should be 24-26 whenever you have enough mana, based on your gear. But you might be able to quad as a wizard even earlier using the 12 and 20 Spiral spells, I haven't leveled a wizard very high myself.

E: Oops you're a druid, the other guy was the wizard. Yeah, for druids its not really practical until you get Lightning Strike, so 34+ Even then its way easier at like 36 when you have more mana, but if you can get clarity then it makes it easy as pie :)

Give yourself sow or wolf form, run around tagging mobs with snare, run around in circles until you have 4 of them stacked up on each other, then blast with lightning strike until they're all dead. Gives TONS of XP although then you have to med up in between.

I would argue that Actually Playing The Game is camping with a group, which you can start doing on orc hill as early as like level 5 :) You're high enough to go camp lots of places now.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 4, 2017

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
You can quad from 8-29 with a wizard but you definitely need SOW pots or buffs as you're doing it without snare. The early nukes aren't that efficient either, so without clarity or some solid twinkery you can run into mana issues - and since you're rolling without snare, medding while kiting is not really an option. The Al Kabor spells are a goddamn joke as far as efficiency and get resisted quite often to boot. Don't even bother buying them (fine to use the runes as research practice though if you're doing that).

34 is really the sweet spot to start quadding for both classes.

South Karana is the classic zone to start in and is more convenient for ports than OT. Gnolls outside the entrance to paw are probably your best at 34, but they also tend to be camped and fought over by shitheads who are killing one at a time. Centaurs and aviaks work alright if the gnolls are camped.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Usually Wizards don't begin quadding until lvl 29 where they get Bonds of Force, the AE snare spell. Doing it without snare sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

I haven't done the math, but I'd say the main draw of quadding isn't really the mana efficiency, but rather that it feels nice to get a big chunk of XP every time you slay 4 mobs, plus it's challenging and fun, compared to mindlessly nuking one mob at a time. It's like a little hunt and strategy every time you venture out to round up four suitable, equal level mobs and run around in huge circles nuking them down. You can also do some sit-run-sit medding on the way if you need. Just keep them snaaaaaaaaaared!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Wizards, let me know if you need any spells researched. I've got a bank full of runes I need to start using.

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

Zodium posted:

Hi please return to power on SoD, revert the server back to 1.0 or whatever and wipe it clean for fresh restart. :)

the last signal... fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 4, 2017

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Pilsner posted:

Usually Wizards don't begin quadding until lvl 29 where they get Bonds of Force, the AE snare spell. Doing it without snare sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

I haven't done the math, but I'd say the main draw of quadding isn't really the mana efficiency, but rather that it feels nice to get a big chunk of XP every time you slay 4 mobs, plus it's challenging and fun, compared to mindlessly nuking one mob at a time. It's like a little hunt and strategy every time you venture out to round up four suitable, equal level mobs and run around in huge circles nuking them down. You can also do some sit-run-sit medding on the way if you need. Just keep them snaaaaaaaaaared!

The mana efficiency is what makes it lucrative XP wise, so that's why I always did it. A wizard spends around 2-2.5x the mana to kill four mobs instead of one before 51, and after that it's around 1.2-1.5x the mana for 4x the xp. The novelty wears off after a few quads in a new area (for me anyway). Every once in awhile when I'd get tired of staring at specters, chickens, or dinosaurs, I'd go try grouping, but it's just terrible to go sit in a group, get less xp, and not be able to afk as readily...well not without people getting mad at you anyway.

Druids have slightly more efficient other options in root-rotting and, at higher levels, charming/fear kiting, but barring a full on AE group, quadding is where it's at for wizards.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Grouping as a wizard is flat out boring, especially if your group doesn't have any form of mana regen. I stopped playing my wizard at 55, as the 2 places I knew to quad at 55+ (raptors and suits in WL) were always camped.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Pratan posted:

Grouping as a wizard is flat out boring, especially if your group doesn't have any form of mana regen. I stopped playing my wizard at 55, as the 2 places I knew to quad at 55+ (raptors and suits in WL) were always camped.

Post luclin wasn't as terrible since even without enchanter/beastlord/bard they had the familiar for at least basic regen, but yeah, Velious era Wizards were kind of dire without a designated mana battery.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
thanks for the suggestions folks. Bird town is OK, but I'm getting a lot of resists and the mob levels seem to vary wildly. Gnolls tend to always be camped during my play hours though sometimes freebie quest scrolls are rotting while passing by, so that's a plus.

I do indeed have a tflux staff, which has made quadding in LOIO a breeze until I got into an internet fight with some other neckbeards who felt i was stealing their roamers :yayclod: Ah well, I think I'll try OOT next in my Kunark adventure!

I've come to really enjoy solo WIZ for multitasking while my mana regens. OTOH, grouping is OK too -- safer but slower. I feel like I need a reasonable level advantage on the mobs however to actually land nukes and not be completely useless. I actually had my first experience grouping with one of *those* wizards -- who was apparently AFK the whole time without telling anyone when the tank overpulled and we died. That was fun.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

thanks for the quadding tips, internet friends

Zaphod42 posted:

I would argue that Actually Playing The Game is camping with a group, which you can start doing on orc hill as early as like level 5 :) You're high enough to go camp lots of places now.

sure thing, let me just spend half an hour of no exp finding some pubbies to group with and then listen to them pub it up in group ch--:barf:

the only reason I can remember to group for levels below 50 as a soloing class is if you can find a single buddy to duo a 200%+ exp dungeon, when you would otherwise have hit a 100% exp outdoor zone.

aparmenideanmonad posted:

The mana efficiency is what makes it lucrative XP wise, so that's why I always did it. A wizard spends around 2-2.5x the mana to kill four mobs instead of one before 51, and after that it's around 1.2-1.5x the mana for 4x the xp. The novelty wears off after a few quads in a new area (for me anyway). Every once in awhile when I'd get tired of staring at specters, chickens, or dinosaurs, I'd go try grouping, but it's just terrible to go sit in a group, get less xp, and not be able to afk as readily...well not without people getting mad at you anyway.

Druids have slightly more efficient other options in root-rotting and, at higher levels, charming/fear kiting, but barring a full on AE group, quadding is where it's at for wizards.

root-rotting what now? I thought DOTs broke root, but I've been charming DW crocs to great success from 20 or so.

mostly I prefer full braindead/max continuous mana efficiency mode for EQ leveling/grinding, so I'm much more partial to breaking up well-behaved camps than running around and grouping up a cluster of mobs, but I liked quadding on Live because it was really mana efficient, and a burst-wait activity that gives you 5-10 min in between cycles to do other stuff. Is that still the case with druids?

e: thanks for the numbers, my autism hungers for minmax

the last signal... posted:

Hi please return to power on SoD, revert the server back to 1.0 or whatever and wipe it clean for fresh restart. :)

lol no

also i'm only boots and a mask from a respectable set of gear I can take to 50 or so now, many thanks to the good posters itt and non-posters itg (in the guild) for startup plat and newbie items :tipshat:

Zodium fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 5, 2017

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yeah but besides the mana efficiency from the AE spell, you have to factor in all the extra time spent finding suitable mobs (easy in some zones, troublesome in other zones), rounding them up, snaring them, plus dealing with resists (have to finish off stragglers), dealing with snare running out (not so relevant for Druids), accidentially running into a 5th mob and all that. I don't think it in total gives more XP per time played, but as said it's just a lot more fun than single nuking (which is truly awful).

I also just remembered I quad kited Dwarf guards in BB, I guess it was in my 40's?, back in the day. That was decent XP also. They are good since they are a fixed equal level, whereas many other Classic zones have a crazy varying mob level, where you can run around and bumb into anything from level 10 to 30 in the same zone (hello South Karana). Part of the charm of the old world, but goddamn the old world just wasn't designed for outdoors XP'ing.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Zodium posted:

root-rotting what now? I thought DOTs broke root, but I've been charming DW crocs to great success from 20 or so.

dots with a DD component will break root like any DD. druid dots don't have this.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Just getting back into it...again... i have a 43 monk and a 47 bard. Whats a good spot to camp to make cash? EFP dock guards?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Daaz posted:

Just getting back into it...again... i have a 43 monk and a 47 bard. Whats a good spot to camp to make cash? EFP dock guards?

Yeah, city guards in general start to become pretty fair game at that point. Depending on faction concerns you could pull off Kaladim/butcherblock/highpass/Grobb guards too. IIRC Kaladim tends to be pretty safe as far as the pulls are concerned and there's a neutral-ish vendor you can sell to nearby. I think that's also around the point you could start charm/fear kiting giants in Rathe mountains as the bard. Depending on how comfortable you are with it, swarm kiting drolvargs in Firiona Vie with the bard should be pretty lucrative as well.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDPkpVPneE

Edit 2: I picked this up again for shits and giggles, though my current highest level is a 12 bard. The low level stuff isn't as vivid to me anymore as the higher level stuff, at what point should I be leaving Crushbone and heading elsewhere? What's the next big grouping spot after that because Unrest generally looks pretty dead most of the time?

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 5, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zodium posted:

sure thing, let me just spend half an hour of no exp finding some pubbies to group with and then listen to them pub it up in group ch--:barf:

:xcom: but with Everquest

As a druid though I find myself getting tells asking for me to come heal groups without me even having to go looking for them. But groups definitely improve in quality the higher level you get as the wheat gets separated from the chaff.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got a group invite in KC on my necro seconds after posting the following to /ooc:

"54 necro lfg. I have the best undead nukes. They really are the best. They're just great."

To which a group responded with "Make KC Great Again" and tossed me an invite.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the secret to not wasting time finding groups is Donald Trump memes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Siets posted:

I got a group invite in KC on my necro seconds after posting the following to /ooc:

"54 necro lfg. I have the best undead nukes. They really are the best. They're just great."

To which a group responded with "Make KC Great Again" and tossed me an invite.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the secret to not wasting time finding groups is Donald Trump memes.

:allears:

Project 1999 - Make KC Great Again

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zaphod42 posted:

As a druid though I find myself getting tells asking for me to come heal groups without me even having to go looking for them. But groups definitely improve in quality the higher level you get as the wheat gets separated from the chaff.

Which is weird, considering druids are basically the weakest solo healer. Goes to show the demand for healers in general I guess. I need to get my giant collection of crushbone belts and pads off my bard and onto my idiot newbie cleric.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

got all my poo poo and a burlap sack for more poo poo, think I'm pretty much good to go until 50 :c00l:

are there any items with clickies I could/should get? I have a telescope clicky for instacasting, but it'd be nice to have clicky levi and maybe enduring breath, and/or other effects i'm probably forgetting now. doesn't have to be insta. all this loving reagent use is just killing me. :downs:

insulated staircase posted:

dots with a DD component will break root like any DD. druid dots don't have this.

:trumppop:

i'm going to use this to be even lazier

Zaphod42 posted:

maybe if something catches my interest I guess, but i'll probably just solo kite until 54

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Someone rap with me here on bards in groups. I can't really swarm kite too well because I've got an issue wherein mouse turning will often decide to randomly flip me 180 degrees and run me back into a giant deathball, and I'm not at the level where I can charm kite yet so I'm working my way through just playing in groups. He's level 12 now and I've got my song twisting down really well, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do in between hitting the songs. Should I give up on using my lute during combat and throw on my dagger to go prison style on whatever we're fighting, or is the group as a whole better off for me to still be using insurments for more potent regen/chords/whatever while I administer slaps on the enemies?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Orange Red Bull posted:

Azure Guard and Europa come to mind as reputable non-hardcore guilds

Thanks for this as I've joined Azure Guard and they seem great so far. Super friendly group, and outside of raid targets they do a lot of greed only stuff and will force non-members to roll on gear. Picked up a corroded breastplate last night and got my invite after we wrapped up. Nothing like picking up some good loot to really get you back into the game! Might be able to afford a fungi once I sell this BP....

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Daaz posted:

Quoting this again because I just remembered: If you're looking to get your farm on for guards, look at Paineel. At your level you can shotgun pull the warrens to get your paineel faction up enough to be allowed in the gates, and the skeleton guards there are not on a faction, so you can farm them to your hearts content and not especially worry about not being able to sell. I should say at least, that's how I remember it being on live back in the day.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

DeathSandwich posted:

Quoting this again because I just remembered: If you're looking to get your farm on for guards, look at Paineel. At your level you can shotgun pull the warrens to get your paineel faction up enough to be allowed in the gates, and the skeleton guards there are not on a faction, so you can farm them to your hearts content and not especially worry about not being able to sell. I should say at least, that's how I remember it being on live back in the day.

Quit telling dudes about my spot. It's already too crowded :D

At that level range You will have 7 guards you can get xp off in paineel but they are all on 24 min timers, and a bunch of green ones on 6min timers.. The xp ones are the 5 in the back room after you go through the portal, and there is one near the cleric guild, and one roamer(high level) guard captain.

They all drop ~10p in coin and items.

It's really the best for xp from 20-35ish. But I was still getting XP at 53 on those higher level guys.

Edit: You need Amiable faction to get a key. Hail the guard in the newbie zone and say "keyz" with that faction and you can use the elevator in Paineel.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

DeathSandwich posted:

Should I give up on using my lute during combat and throw on my dagger to go prison style on whatever we're fighting, or is the group as a whole better off for me to still be using insurments for more potent regen/chords/whatever while I administer slaps on the enemies?

Assuming you're not twinked with a good weapon, just use the lute. The regen you provide from Hymn is huge at that level, and lute'd Chords will probably outdamage your melee.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

faulteroy posted:

Assuming you're not twinked with a good weapon, just use the lute. The regen you provide from Hymn is huge at that level, and lute'd Chords will probably outdamage your melee.

Just a dragoon dirk vs the gypsy lute. Lute is probably better in every conceivable way for now. I just wish there were other weapons that counted as instruments before the bard epic and/or Planes of Power drops.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Looking for an ancient coin from Kaesora if anyone has one rotting in their bank.

EDIT: And I got one immediately walking into Kaesora. Crazy.

Pratan fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 6, 2017

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

Zodium posted:

are there any items with clickies I could/should get? I have a telescope clicky for instacasting, but it'd be nice to have clicky levi and maybe enduring breath, and/or other effects i'm probably forgetting now. doesn't have to be insta. all this loving reagent use is just killing me. :downs:

You won't be able to use em for a while but you should save up for Elder Spiritist's Vambraces (clicky DoT) and Gauntlets (snare). You'll also want a Luminescent Staff eventually for mana-free quad nukes.

In other news, I'm closing in on 60 rapidly on Mauzer.

ChairmanMauzer fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 6, 2017

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Zodium posted:

got all my poo poo and a burlap sack for more poo poo, think I'm pretty much good to go until 50 :c00l:

If you are looking for clicky item buffs for raiding/dragons, get your Jboots if you haven't already. Clicky instant SoW helps with outdoor dispellers even if you're a class that already has run speed buffs.

Edit: Man, I'm hitting the point on my bard where Crushbone really ain't what it use to be (level 12). I still get experience at the bridge or taskmaster, but I'm not twinked enough to solo legionnaires. I can still mill about between groups and crush green/blue con centurions and slavers for fun and sport, but I really feel like I'm at the point I should be setting up camp elsewhere. I meandered over to Unrest for a bit yesterday, but nobody seems interested in me until ~15 or so. Are there any other popular low teens leveling spots around or do I just need to gently caress off into Crushbone until I hit 14?

On the bright side, I have 28 crushbone belts and 8 shoulder pads for when I decide to start leveling a cleric to get him past the bad levels before meditate. Still debating if I want to reroll off of halfling (+exp bonus and sneak) for Dark Elf (snare pendant + good racial smithing) or High Elf (root pendant + good racial smithing) or dwarf (TACTICAL ROLL JUMP + Summon ale necklace for being permanently crocked)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 6, 2017

Christopher
May 29, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

If you are looking for clicky item buffs for raiding/dragons, get your Jboots if you haven't already. Clicky instant SoW helps with outdoor dispellers even if you're a class that already has run speed buffs.

Edit: Man, I'm hitting the point on my bard where Crushbone really ain't what it use to be (level 12). I still get experience at the bridge or taskmaster, but I'm not twinked enough to solo legionnaires. I can still mill about between groups and crush green/blue con centurions and slavers for fun and sport, but I really feel like I'm at the point I should be setting up camp elsewhere. I meandered over to Unrest for a bit yesterday, but nobody seems interested in me until ~15 or so. Are there any other popular low teens leveling spots around or do I just need to gently caress off into Crushbone until I hit 14?

On the bright side, I have 28 crushbone belts and 8 shoulder pads for when I decide to start leveling a cleric to get him past the bad levels before meditate. Still debating if I want to reroll off of halfling (+exp bonus and sneak) for Dark Elf (snare pendant + good racial smithing) or High Elf (root pendant + good racial smithing) or dwarf (TACTICAL ROLL JUMP + Summon ale necklace for being permanently crocked)

You should have an easy time finding croc groups in Oasis at your level. I think I stuck around there till 16 or so before heading to Unrest. I did this as a bard and cleric.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, city guards in general start to become pretty fair game at that point. Depending on faction concerns you could pull off Kaladim/butcherblock/highpass/Grobb guards too. IIRC Kaladim tends to be pretty safe as far as the pulls are concerned and there's a neutral-ish vendor you can sell to nearby. I think that's also around the point you could start charm/fear kiting giants in Rathe mountains as the bard. Depending on how comfortable you are with it, swarm kiting drolvargs in Firiona Vie with the bard should be pretty lucrative as well.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBDPkpVPneE

Edit 2: I picked this up again for shits and giggles, though my current highest level is a 12 bard. The low level stuff isn't as vivid to me anymore as the higher level stuff, at what point should I be leaving Crushbone and heading elsewhere? What's the next big grouping spot after that because Unrest generally looks pretty dead most of the time?

I'v done a fair amount of swarm kiting. Once i got out of FV and into DL the competition was obnoxious. Iv' been bouncing between COM and SOLA for a while. Just need some sort of income thats easy. Im gonna give the rathe giants a try today.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Daaz posted:

I'v done a fair amount of swarm kiting. Once i got out of FV and into DL the competition was obnoxious. Iv' been bouncing between COM and SOLA for a while. Just need some sort of income thats easy. Im gonna give the rathe giants a try today.

Edit: Misread post, disregard.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 7, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Someone rap with me here on bards in groups. I can't really swarm kite too well because I've got an issue wherein mouse turning will often decide to randomly flip me 180 degrees and run me back into a giant deathball, and I'm not at the level where I can charm kite yet so I'm working my way through just playing in groups. He's level 12 now and I've got my song twisting down really well, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do in between hitting the songs. Should I give up on using my lute during combat and throw on my dagger to go prison style on whatever we're fighting, or is the group as a whole better off for me to still be using insurments for more potent regen/chords/whatever while I administer slaps on the enemies?

I think the mouse turning flipping thing can be alleviated by using the multi-core fix or the 3rd party winEQ client, both of which are allowed on p1999. Not positive, but it seems to play way smoother since I tried those things and I haven't had issues since.

Most of P1999 works out of the box with the titanium client but a few things like turn skipping or being unable to climb the ladders in Cabilis made me look into fixes.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Another setting that can help with the flippy/twitchy camera is to go change your max FPS to about 50-60. This fixed all my camera issues that I had kiting on my bard.

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
is there a non-carpal tunnel inducing way to play a bard on p1999? like, any way to macro song twists without getting banned? i've always imagined it would be fun to play one in a group setting but so far I've only made it to level 5 and flirted with hand injuries.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

cmdrk posted:

is there a non-carpal tunnel inducing way to play a bard on p1999? like, any way to macro song twists without getting banned? i've always imagined it would be fun to play one in a group setting but so far I've only made it to level 5 and flirted with hand injuries.

Just use the built-in macro functionality.

A basic 2 song twist would look like:

/stopsong
/pause 35, /cast 1
/stopsong
/cast 2

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Even just creating hotkeys for each of your songs to do this:

/stopsong
/pause 35
/cast 1

Helps quite a deal when doing bard songs, rather than always double hitting every song twice.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

DeathSandwich posted:

Even just creating hotkeys for each of your songs to do this:

/stopsong
/pause 35
/cast 1

Helps quite a deal when doing bard songs, rather than always double hitting every song twice.

Your macro is wrong or weird at least, not sure why you would do that but at least you have the right idea. Don't bother trying to macro 2 songs together, the only that is going to do is annoy you/waste time/mess up your twists whenever you have a missed note or get stunned or need to switch songs in the middle of casting to mez/charm/etc or whatever.

Make a button for each song slot and they should look like this:

/stopsong
/cast 1(or 2 or 3 or 4, etc)

Don't bother with pauses or anything else, that is all you need. I do this for the first 6 slots on my hotbar and the first 6 songs on my bar and those consist of all the songs I twist/use while grouping be it haste/mana & hp regen/slow/mez/charm/overhaste/etc. The last 2 slots are typically random utility stuff like invis or lull or whatever.

Christopher
May 29, 2006

100% Dundee posted:

Your macro is wrong or weird at least, not sure why you would do that but at least you have the right idea. Don't bother trying to macro 2 songs together, the only that is going to do is annoy you/waste time/mess up your twists whenever you have a missed note or get stunned or need to switch songs in the middle of casting to mez/charm/etc or whatever.

Make a button for each song slot and they should look like this:

/stopsong
/cast 1(or 2 or 3 or 4, etc)

Don't bother with pauses or anything else, that is all you need. I do this for the first 6 slots on my hotbar and the first 6 songs on my bar and those consist of all the songs I twist/use while grouping be it haste/mana & hp regen/slow/mez/charm/overhaste/etc. The last 2 slots are typically random utility stuff like invis or lull or whatever.

I agree, for individual songs you don't need the /pause. But for some people, including myself, multiple song macros are very effective. It all depends on your play style.

Particularly when I'm kiting or even in certain group situations I have multi-song macros for twisting.

For instance when I'm swarm kiting I use /stopsong /cast 6(an aoe) /pause 30 /stopsong /cast 1(self speed buff)
Then the second button /stopsong /cast 7(aoe dot) /pause 30 /stopsong /cast 1

This way I'm always running and the songs are cast at the perfect intervals. You'll fail every once in a while or get stunned but after practice you'll get the hang of it without dying. I also make sure I raise each skill (wind, brass, etc) to the max each level for less fails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Bards seem like way too much work.