Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, IIRC anidb already allows voting on single episodes, and has a feature where your you click "recommend me animes" and it scans your votes and gives you a list of shows people who voted the same on those shows as you voted highly for.

It used to work like 15 years ago, but then they broke it for like 10 years to make it better (and then did other poo poo instead), but now it works again IIRC. I'll go and try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have finished Nep 1. It is a very flawed game but was enjoyably corny. On to Nep 2 to see how they changed things.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Don't lick the critically endangered amphibian

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

ぺろぺろぺろぺろ

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

Don't lick the critically endangered amphibian

unbottle the axolotl

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

RME
Feb 20, 2012

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
Yamaxanadu

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
Yamaxanadu

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/yukimuratakeda/status/816309026862428161

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/_TheSion/status/816771455719501825

A perfectly normal one.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

don't doxx me

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Leiji Matsumoto birds ftw

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

MaN Firewatch got really weird

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My cat is lying in the middle of my bed

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It is 2:22 am and I am tired but I have a paper to work on

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

quote:

Oshiyama: From when we decided to go with the idea about the hole. From the beginning of the project there was this thought that “if the developments of the story put too much stress on the viewers they won’t stick with it.” Like if something bad happened and we didn’t resolve it within that episode, viewers’ interest in following the show would drop. So we decided very early on that for the first half, we would try as much as possible to have each episode have sort of a happy ending, and then put a hook for the next episode in the C Part [after the credits/ED] and pass the baton that way.

i'm glad that the shift in plot for flip flappers was planned from the start, and not the result of japanese viewers complaining like someone earlier said people were saying

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 5, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Leiji Matsumoto birds ftw

the best bad guy in yamato has that bird as a pet, its cool to see fly

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad that the shift in plot for flip flappers was planned from the start, and not the result of japanese viewers complaining like someone earlier said people were saying

Sounds like Oshiyama definitely got to make his baby, which is nice.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

drat, the league of weird western fan rumors foiled again

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Did you put Eiki under S?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Motto posted:

drat, the league of weird western fan rumors foiled again

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/816789992592654336

@BuddyWaters posted:

Last retweet is in Japanese, but super fascinating; The Art of Shin Gojira apparently has some unusually honest interviews with irate staff. There's a fair amount of interpretation by the article author in there, too, but the main thrust is that Anno stole the movie from Higuchi.

Anno was originally not supposed to be on set at all, but showed up anyway, and frequently overruled Higuchi, who wound up keeping peace. Anno himself claims he felt the staff were doing 'routine work' and deliberately introduced tension to the set to force better work. He did poo poo like insist they have six cameras rolling all the time and do pick up shots himself on his iPhone.

Then in editing he ran ripshod over everything as well, driving the CG department nuts by making them roll back shots to a less polished cut and completely jettisoning romance and family drama subplots written by another screenwriter.

lol anno, but it sounds like he was a positive influence on the film.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Motto posted:

The lack of romance and family drama plots was one of the things that made it so refreshing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Motto posted:

praise anno

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Clarste posted:

Did you put Eiki under S?

i'm positive she's an S

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Motto posted:

anno doing pick up shots on his iphone is badass

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

Definitely. "Anno made Godzilla completel jettisonin romance and family drama subplots written by another screenwriter" GOOD. YES. THANK YOU. THAT IS WHAT I WANT MY KAIJU DIRECTOR TO DO.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

anno doing pick up shots on his iphone is badass

The editing in the film sis great too, another masterpiece all thanks to Anno Hideaki

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

I thought it blew

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sorry Corals posted:

I thought it blew

Did you really?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Every robot discussion ends the same way

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you're going to do a family plot in godzilla it better involve godzilla jr coming back to fight shin godzilla

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I love the faces in this.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

if you're going to do a family plot in godzilla it better involve godzilla jr coming back to fight shin godzilla

Please do not bring back Godzilla Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

chumbler posted:

Please do not bring back Godzilla Jr.

hes literally just godzilla now, baka.

• Locked thread