Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

pixaal posted:

That is automation, and highly ban able. Please don't do that. Modifications will get you banned. The guild does not support botting and it a gkick, so no just no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
things heating up in the clock-going-the-wrong-way fandom

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

pixaal posted:

That is automation, and highly ban able. Please don't do that. Modifications will get you banned. The guild does not support botting and it a gkick, so no just no.

Yes. Please don't ruin the game for people who actually want to play.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

08:16:51 Game Development > Feature Requests > Pets was updated by Edgar Allan Poe.
08:18:11 Gypsy Fool : Excuse YOU, Edgar Allan Poe...That was highly uncalled for and you know better- Use your drat ignore feature should you dislike what I or anyone else says instead of name call and harass
08:18:33 Gypsy Fool : But that's ok because you WON'T get muted for it like always Somehow you're the good one and are untouchable...Pathetic
08:18:49 Edgar Allan Poe ♠ : yea sure
08:19:12 Edgar Allan Poe ♠ : I got muted yesterday so
08:19:33 Gypsy Fool : Good, it's about time they correctly do their job...
08:19:57 Edgar Allan Poe ♠ : well I asked for a permanent mute to shut you up
08:20:02 Gypsy Fool : But you have no right to call me that, you are a big boy and know how to use the ignore if you don't like a person...I'm going to utilize that right now myself, I was trying to give the benefit
08:20:05 Game Development > Feature Requests > Pets was updated by DAcs.
08:20:11 Gypsy Fool : of the doubt, but as usual that didn't work out
08:29:43 Edgar Allan Poe ♠ : figure someone would ss that, or at least report it. no use keeping the reply up, quite useless
08:31:03 Edgar Allan Poe ♠ : but if that removed any evidence of my actions I'll just say bitch here

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

invite for Oodles please.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Oodles posted:

invite for Oodles please.

Invite sent, please accept?

*forlornly sings 'It's my party'*

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Me getting muted in world-chat:

16:34:17 RWSA :coal: : btw grumpy i know i haven't been a good member myself the last days but what do you think about someone calling someone a bitch on the forums, deleting it and bragging about that nothing will happen to them?
16:34:34 Grumpy Aspersa : well that word is mutable for starters,...
16:34:47 [Admin] Hermes muted RWSA for 495 minutes for obscene language.

Private Message with grumpy (E-Mail with the contents of my last post):

16:35:02 To Grumpy : i wrote an email to grumpy@bornofsnails.net
16:35:29 To Grumpy : the post has been edited
16:36:18 To Grumpy : just look for the mail from ...@yahoo.de theres a screenshot and the chatlog
16:36:19 From Grumpy : thanks for the email, just checked it
16:37:58 From Grumpy : next time I would suggest just reaching out to me in whispers to get my attention for matters like these instead of doing it in world chat (could have avoided the mute that way )
16:39:03 To Grumpy : got it! sorry

And that:

16:36:03 [Admin] Hermes muted Edgar Allan Poe indefinitely for obscene language.

Let's see how long indefinitely lasts.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ah the ever increasing mute timer. You need to chill out a bit more!

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Today is the last day to collect Stockings (midnight). If you have any remaining random drop bonuses, use em.

102 speed atm :sanic:
Comrade, I will be buffing up and opening our collection as speed skill impacts the results; so get them to me or guild storage. Traveling tomorrow so there will be a delay unless the plane has free wifi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

So, no superiors. You get coins (2-4 per stocking, 100% guaranteed random drop) for each stocking, and those can get exchanged at the event shops in the same place you open stockings. 3 coins for a regular festive, 6 coins for a sparkly festive, and 12 coins for a dazzling festive. Dazzling is a new modifier that gives +4 spell duration and -1 timer. There's basically no reason not to exchange for as many dazzling items as you can, and if you have coins left over, drop them in AB so we can combine the leftovers to get more stuff.

These basically take over as the best casting set (unless you enjoyed 16 timer casts at high enough magic level, with snail gear) giving +29 minutes in a full set (+4 per piece, and +5 more from the gloves' base effect). The scarf, boots, and hat are especially important to have as dazzling since they'll give -1 timer all the drat time, in addition to giving their normal festive effects (-crowding (meh), 10% DD, 100% RD). Since you'll probably be wearing clothes in the other slots most of the time, you might want to weigh your trade-in more heavily towards hats, scarves, and boots. But pick up at least 2 full sets for casting.

Break rates: 0.001% base rate, but sparkly/dazzling counts as a modification so halve that to 0.0005%. That would mean about 200k actions on average between breakages. If wearing the full set for whatever reason, and you play 12 hours a day, at min timer, you'll break one thing about every 16 days. That means worst case you'll break about 24 things over the course of the year, or 4 of each, so getting 5 of each should last you to next christmas. I kept 6 sets of each for myself and dropped the rest in the guild storage, I recommend others do the same so people who weren't around for the event or future-joinees can have some.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Unfortunately I can't find the Goose Goose response thread anymore, but here's a similar idea.

Edit: timg

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Pretty sure we're a newer guild than that and much much higher ranked.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

In spreadsheet news, I made a combat calculator!

Make a copy for yourself to try it out. There's a few things I'm not happy with, like the RNG assumptions I had to make to fit everything in a reasonable amount of space. I also don't have complete data on how many enemies you fight at a time, which will affect the output slightly (especially when it comes to damage taken). This is also only for beta combat (e.g. no strength stat, no skills). The XP/hr it spits out should be a minimum (unless you're oneshotting everything), since it assumes you always do minimum damage, and of course it's an average, so given hours you might end up with slightly more or less depending on how the enemy evasion RNG works out for you.

So yeah try it out, help me find improvements, etc.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Woah, what was he saying for Grumpy to get, well, grumpy at him?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kluliss posted:

Woah, what was he saying for Grumpy to get, well, grumpy at him?

exactly the above, that the Grumpy shouldn't waste dev time fixing things that only effect goons because the problems will go away when we quit. (and hinting that maybe he should just ban us)

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
21:27:49 From MadSanta : When ever you leave your guild we will send an invite
21:29:06 To MadSanta : I hope sooner rather than later, but you have to contact Xerol directly about buying me out of my contract. These things are really ironclad.
21:29:24 From MadSanta : your in a contract?
21:29:36 From MadSanta : ok
21:29:42 From MadSanta : how long?
21:31:19 To MadSanta : Variable duration, the amount of the buyout clause changes depending on time served and the membership size and ranking of the guild to which one of our members defects--let me talk to Xerol and see what he calculates.
21:31:48 From MadSanta : ok
21:32:47 To MadSanta : 21:32:23 Xerol : 1380 snail bucks
21:33:48 To MadSanta : He's probably driving up the price because I'm tne top woodcutter in the guild, I've mastered the skill.
21:34:00 From MadSanta : ok have fun in your guild we are not paying that
21:34:23 To MadSanta : Make a counter offer
21:34:49 To MadSanta : You have got to get me out of here
21:35:33 From MadSanta : we just can't pay 100 dollars to get a woodcut in our guild I'm sorry
21:36:50 To MadSanta : I understand... I wish I hadn't signed up for this, I didn't know what I was doing
21:37:02 To MadSanta : How much would you pay for a fisherman? I have another defector lined up.
21:37:57 From MadSanta : the most I could pay would be 300,000 c
21:38:50 From MadSanta : but our guild isn't like that we don't have contract. You can come and go as you please
21:40:48 To MadSanta : You are doing things right, hopefully you can set a better precedent for the new guilds. What about a chef?
21:41:05 From MadSanta : what is his offer
21:41:35 From MadSanta : im trying to help people
21:42:07 From MadSanta : and why can't you just flat out leave coal?
21:42:14 To MadSanta : our chef signed a 2-year contract because Xerol is paying his phone bill.
21:42:42 From MadSanta : really. This guy pays people?
21:42:43 To MadSanta : We sign legally binding contracts, and he keeps account information as consideration.
21:43:05 From MadSanta : for a game? Wow that is poo poo
21:43:18 From MadSanta : why the hell would you sign that?
21:44:18 From MadSanta : when does your contract end?
21:44:55 To MadSanta : He preys on the vulnerable, and the allure of such a huge, fast-growing guild is hard to resist for a lot of us. And as you can imagine, he is VERY well off to be able to bank roll this.
21:45:18 To MadSanta : My contract runs through 2017, but I activate an accelerated buyout provision once I hit JOAT.
21:45:42 From MadSanta : yah does he keep personal info?
21:45:56 From MadSanta : and somebody should tell grumpy about this
21:47:15 To MadSanta : He bought Grumpy off. This runs deep.
21:47:29 From MadSanta : oh god
21:47:40 From MadSanta : does he keep irl info?
21:47:57 From MadSanta : if so this case could go to the FBI
21:49:25 To MadSanta : We don't think he keeps personal info--we don't give it him directly--but some members have their suspicions. We also know Xerol's a government employee, but we're not sure if it's state or federal or what.
21:50:22 From MadSanta : thats hosed up
21:50:37 To MadSanta : But we've also done reverse IP traces and we keep getting hits in Moscow, so we don't really know what's going on.
21:50:43 From MadSanta : if I was there I would quit the game
21:51:00 From MadSanta : loving hell
21:51:13 From MadSanta : hes defiantly pulling something
21:52:21 From MadSanta : does he have a co?
21:53:11 From MadSanta : who is the leader again
21:53:25 To MadSanta : let's just say Xerol follows the path of light
21:54:01 From MadSanta : Why the hell would he do that if he wasn't pulling something
21:54:51 To MadSanta : HI MAdSAnta. I REally appreciate the offer to join your guild but things are going well here at COAL. have a PRosperous New Year and many successes of the PATH to enLIGHTenmentxx3
21:55:15 From MadSanta : wow you got me good
21:55:32 From MadSanta : rofl
21:55:53 From MadSanta : oh yah it's spelled MadSanta by the way
21:56:39 From MadSanta : and why would a leader of the guild spell his name wrong fail
21:58:24 To MadSanta : INdeed this has been a truly FRivolous discussion all is well at COAL, I am glad we can SHare a laugh

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Amaranthine: i was in the can what the gently caress are you guys doing

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Oh god, he contacted me to see what was up.
:tinfoil:

quote:

21:58:16 From MadSanta : do you know goose Goose?
21:58:41 To MadSanta : Yes
21:59:02 From MadSanta : hes been whispering me some crazy stuff and I need to know if it's true
21:59:12 To MadSanta : As much as anyone can really know anyone else
22:00:00 To MadSanta : I might be able to help
22:00:25 From MadSanta : does your leader really have people sign contracts, force people to stay in guild from legal resons, and do some crazy scary stuff just to keep his guild?
22:02:31 From MadSanta : ?
22:02:35 To MadSanta : No, not to my knowledge. He just helps people out irl sometimes, that's all.
22:03:06 From MadSanta : well you should here the stuff goose Goose is claiming he's done
22:03:12 To MadSanta : But I'm ok financially, so I might not see stuff
22:03:43 From MadSanta : just be weary of any contracts that appear ok
22:04:42 To MadSanta : That's really not a nice thing to say about anybody, even online. What kinds of things was Goose saying?
22:05:04 From MadSanta : should I send you the whisper messages?
22:05:34 From MadSanta : ill send a message with it to you
22:05:49 To MadSanta : sure
22:07:21 MadSanta sent you a message.
22:09:12 To MadSanta : Huh, this is some pretty serious stuff. I'm gonna have to ask Xerol about this.
22:09:28 From MadSanta : uhmm that might be a bad idea
22:09:44 From MadSanta : just sayinf
22:10:32 From MadSanta : i would ask around a bit first then if nothing comes up we can confront Goose
22:11:32 To MadSanta : I just don't see where any of this is coming from. Xerol has been nothing but above board with me. This is some scary stuff, if true.
22:12:16 From MadSanta : yah that's why I wanted to make sure that it wasn't true
22:13:37 From MadSanta : the thang that scared me the most was apparently paying if grumpy
22:14:36 From MadSanta : so I'm on the part of deciding weather to turn him in or not
22:15:27 To MadSanta : Turn him in to who though?
22:16:03 From MadSanta : gms or grumpy
22:16:11 From MadSanta : but that's why I'm deciding
22:16:33 From MadSanta : because if he paid grumps of I will be banned
22:16:37 To MadSanta : If Xerol has bought off Grumpy, then you really don't want to rock the boat
22:16:46 From MadSanta : yah
22:17:06 From MadSanta : would the gems know though. They could confront grumps
22:17:15 From MadSanta : GM's
22:23:28 From MadSanta : im getting someone else's opinion
22:25:49 From MadSanta : hey just messaged me
22:26:04 To MadSanta : uh oh
22:26:08 From MadSanta : he
22:26:18 From MadSanta : i told him I would stop :rolleyes:
22:26:19 To MadSanta : He's been asking about it in Guild too
22:26:44 From MadSanta : all he could do is ignore me :lol:
22:28:00 To MadSanta : Look, we're not really sure what he does for the government, or really which one. He's implied that some of the long term offline people are never coming back, but nothing more than that
22:28:22 From MadSanta : o god
22:28:30 To MadSanta : So I would cool it and forget about it.
22:28:44 From MadSanta : ok

:tinfoil:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
2017 has barely started and we're off to a cracking start.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Can I get a an invite? crazedkid103 is the user name. No idea if I'll stick around, but this looks a nice change of pace from the various other things I play.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Can I get a an invite? crazedkid103 is the user name. No idea if I'll stick around, but this looks a nice change of pace from the various other things I play.

Invite sent.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Ratzap posted:

2017 has barely started and we're off to a cracking start.

Now I know what happened to all those inactives. They're kept on the rolls as an Example.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

Invite sent.

Did he sign the contract?

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

After briefly getting banned from google sheets due to trying to copy-paste too many values, Combat Calculator v3 is ready! It now does a simulation of 500 one-on-one combats with each enemy, to get a more accurate estimate of how much you should be killing things. It breaks down a bit if you're doing more than about 15 combat rounds on average to kill something, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.

Also check the guild forums, I've made some progress on the superior rate research.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
you guys loving with madsanta is beautiful

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

World chat Wednesday was a success! We poo poo up chat for a few hours and ended up with only a few casualties in what could only be described as constant spam of boring topics.

I made a pastebin of just world chat for anyone that missed it I named sections the stuff after Thor comes on and starts muting and the Salad are the better parts

http://pastebin.com/9pvMbwbW

pixaal fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 4, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

More importantly we irritated a pubbie and derailed mordaq's attempts at cat RP!

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

apparently Thor thought I'd sympathise with their lovely GMing job

I mean, I might be taking this a little harder than I should, I have had bad news today, but it still felt extremely inappropriate to have a GM complaining about my guildies to me.

I've mailed Grumpy but *shrugs*

Also, seriously, make WCW excellent rather than a shitfest of warnings and mutes please?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Coffeehitler posted:

:words: from MadSanta

Beautiful.

Edit: Woah Kluliss, you beat his rear end. Nice!

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 4, 2017

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Me, right now:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kluliss posted:

apparently Thor thought I'd sympathise with their lovely GMing job

I mean, I might be taking this a little harder than I should, I have had bad news today, but it still felt extremely inappropriate to have a GM complaining about my guildies to me.

I've mailed Grumpy but *shrugs*

Also, seriously, make WCW excellent rather than a shitfest of warnings and mutes please?

Yeah Thor is pretty bad at being a mod

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

UWBW posted:

Me, right now:

Christ UWBW, I love your innuendos about eating salad. Also you got warned, then warned and muted all at once. I don't recall that happening with brochat.

What was that chatlog about, Kluliss? Who does Thor think is awful in the guild? More awful than the rest of us I guess?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Vasler posted:

What was that chatlog about, Kluliss? Who does Thor think is awful in the guild? More awful than the rest of us I guess?

I assume the people who got muted/warned last night are the ones they somehow feel are worse? I'm not certain that they understood why I was so irritated with their comment though.

Also no response from Grumpy on me being a GM, suspect he's ignoring that one... :D

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Finally got around to opening decorative socks or whatever they were called. Buffed out in as much Double Drops and Random Drops as I could get my hands on.

A little over 700 gave us:

150 Candy Canes
160 Figgy Puddings
139 Fruit Cakes
168 Gingerbread Men
2,287 Festive Coins

7,200 Lumps of Coal (we weren't too naughty)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dream is dead ✨🎣👨ImAHorrible🥞👹andI🛠💾for💰also🍑✨ is an invalid username.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

Dream is dead ✨🎣👨ImAHorrible🥞👹andI🛠💾for💰also🍑✨ is an invalid username.

is this what a stroke looks like

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
Oh god why am I starting another.

In as Harik.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Harik posted:

Oh god why am I starting another.

In as Harik.

Invite sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I'm working through updating the OP since a lot of the stuff was from almost a year ago when we had almost no levels in anything and needed noobs to pick up the slack. Now that we're pretty well established I'd like to update it with starting guides for each skill, just a short blurb on why you should pick that skill and what's the best way to get started in it. Woodcutting, mining, fishing probably don't need much of a guide for the first few levels (I'm basically thinking a guide up to about level 20, then they can figure it out from there), but the production skills in particular can be a bit intimidating with all their options.

I'll put these guides in the OP when they're all filled out, but for now please help fill out this document. Key things to add: Equipment, buffs, recommended actions (perhaps with emphasis on guild needs), locations, and keep weight limits in mind since new players will have pretty low capacity.