Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Raged posted:

...epic match.... It was interesting and I am never going to play another one again.

Pretty much the only way I ever describe Epic play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I have gotten some use out of using the epic ships as props for my RPG campaign...

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I'm told that the missions included with the huge ships are good though, right?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

I'm told that the missions included with the huge ships are good though, right?

They are, especially the Gozanti campaign.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, I finally got a TIE F/O. Now, I have a tournament on the 14th. I doubt I'll get a chance to play before then (Crazy semester and poo poo) and therefore I am debating two lists.

First, of course, is a triple X, which I am intimately familiar with, to the point it is my trademark here.

Wes Janson (32)
X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (33)
X-Wing (29), R3 Astromech (2), Juke (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Luke Skywalker (34)
X-Wing (28), R2-D2 (4), Lone Wolf (2)
99 points, and I've heard good things from strobe about Juke/R3.

Now the other list, is something I never flew before. It's imperial too. But, I wanna try it out, especially since I am getting a little bored of triple X. Don't have Raider or Imperial Vets so imp hotness is a no go.

Pilots
------

The Inquisitor (31)
TIE Advanced Prototype (25), Push the Limit (3), TIE/v1 (1), Autothrusters (2)

“Whisper” (43)
TIE Phantom (32), Hotshot Co-pilot (4), Fire-Control System (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21), Comm Relay (3), Juke (2)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

HotCop Whisper... interesting... I gotta let my brain stew on that for a bit.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Whisper pretty much NEEDS to go first against other PS9s. Without a bid, you can't guarantee that.

Intel Agent and Agent Kallus are both good choices if you want the bid.

If you decide you don't want the bid, consider using intel agent on Whisper and adding prockets to Quiz. Not hard to wipe something off the board turn 1 with Whisper + and a set of prockets.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

wrt to init bid I'll likey be facing defenders all day. As well I don't have the gozanti so no Kallus

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

wrt to init bid I'll likey be facing defenders all day. As well I don't have the gozanti so no Kallus

Prockets all day then. Wipe one of those defenders off the map turn one. :)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Target priority against Ryad/Vessery/Palp or something else should be kill Ryad first, right?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

This just dropped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upN-7ALj2OU

TIE Defender finally shows up.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

What pairs well with the Shadow Caster right now? I'm trying one big ships with it, but not too happy with it, and pairing it with 2 smalls ships means little to no upgrades.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

We just had a 22 player event on Monday. First place was Dengaroo, 2nd place was a list I hadn't seen before. Warden Squadron Pilot + HotCop and 3 TLT Y Wings. HotCop + turrets got smoked after killing Manaroo and leaving Dengar with just 2 hull.
3rd place was brobots, and 4th was 2 x7 Defenders and a TIE Bomber

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

ConfusedUs posted:

Whisper pretty much NEEDS to go first against other PS9s. Without a bid, you can't guarantee that.

Intel Agent and Agent Kallus are both good choices if you want the bid.

If you decide you don't want the bid, consider using intel agent on Whisper and adding prockets to Quiz. Not hard to wipe something off the board turn 1 with Whisper + and a set of prockets.

The reason Fat Han shits all over Whisper is because hes advantaged in either init situation.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Target priority against Ryad/Vessery/Palp or something else should be kill Ryad first, right?

Vessery is always last. Depending on what you're flying, you may need to kill Palp first.

Either way, Vessery is much less dangerous once Ryad is gone and can't feed him locks.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Hmmm, Norra with R3 and Juke? Her target lock would add a focus result, which you then cancel, get an evade, and juke?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, I finally got a TIE F/O. Now, I have a tournament on the 14th. I doubt I'll get a chance to play before then (Crazy semester and poo poo) and therefore I am debating two lists.

First, of course, is a triple X, which I am intimately familiar with, to the point it is my trademark here.

Wes Janson (32)
X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Veteran Instincts (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Wedge Antilles (33)
X-Wing (29), R3 Astromech (2), Juke (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Luke Skywalker (34)
X-Wing (28), R2-D2 (4), Lone Wolf (2)
99 points, and I've heard good things from strobe about Juke/R3.

Stay off my turf. :colbert:

EDIT: Also put Integrated on Luke because there's no point in keeping R2 around if the hit would kill you in the first place, and you might get another round of shooting out of it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

Stay off my turf. :colbert:

EDIT: Also put Integrated on Luke because there's no point in keeping R2 around if the hit would kill you in the first place, and you might get another round of shooting out of it.
We've been having this conversation for a while. I always attribute it to you, but I've been triple x running since IA came out

But, if I read you right, you're saying the TIE aces?

(And yes, Luke has IA. That was just a Copy-Paste Error)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I've been running XXX since four or five months before IA came out. :colbert:

Strobe posted:

Hands up who has flown or flown against more than one X-wing in a list in the last six months? Since Scum came out, complete with useful Y-wings and things that aren't Interceptors, I'm going to try an XXX list.

Luke Skywalker (28)
R2-D2 (4)
Veteran Instincts (1)

Wes Jansen (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Predator (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99 points.

Hoping that 10/10/9 skill will help out with keeping arc dodgers honest, and that three X-wings still hits like a truck.

Also yes I'm saying the TIE Aces. I'm really interested to see how a Phantom performs running Hotshot Co-Pilot, since that sounds like a defensive juggernaut.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Vessery is always last. Depending on what you're flying, you may need to kill Palp first.

Either way, Vessery is much less dangerous once Ryad is gone and can't feed him locks.

The meta here usually runs FCS on the shuttle and feed the locks that way.

It almost always feels like you need to rush the shuttle.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Slandible posted:

The meta here usually runs FCS on the shuttle and feed the locks that way.

It almost always feels like you need to rush the shuttle.

In my experience, the Palp Defender mirror match often goes to time with only the shuttle dying. Putting anything extra on the shuttle means you lose on points.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Strobe posted:

I've been running XXX since four or five months before IA came out. :colbert:

Also yes I'm saying the TIE Aces. I'm really interested to see how a Phantom performs running Hotshot Co-Pilot, since that sounds like a defensive juggernaut.

I know. I acknowledge that you inspired my triple X running. I'm just saying I've been running it so long, it's funny you never menitoned me stealing your poo poo before.

And is it a problem I never really flew TIE aces before?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Oh, I misunderstood. I was mostly (humorously) objecting to XXX being your trademark here.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Triple X-Wings in wave 10 is an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

Oh, I misunderstood. I was mostly (humorously) objecting to XXX being your trademark here.

Nah I think they meant 'here' as in where they live, rather than on SA. (Although that could just be me misinterpreting things, as I am quite tired right now..)

EDIT:

canyoneer posted:

:golfclap:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Sorry. I did mean it's my trademark on the local circuit not here. It's your baby, I'm just your biggest disciple.

canyoneer posted:

Well, poo poo, now I need to grow a beard.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

canyoneer posted:

Yessssss

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

canyoneer posted:

:perfect:

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

canyoneer posted:

X gon' give it to ya

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
So who is going to the South Australian regionals on the weekend? I'll be road tripping with a few guys from Melbourne.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I have the newer starter set and the Rebel Aces Expansion Pack, is there a decent list I can build there or do I need more stuff? I also bought the Imperial Aces for my brother, are we gonna be fairly balanced if we build with what we've got or is it going to be lopsided?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheCog posted:

I have the newer starter set and the Rebel Aces Expansion Pack, is there a decent list I can build there or do I need more stuff? I also bought the Imperial Aces for my brother, are we gonna be fairly balanced if we build with what we've got or is it going to be lopsided?

Do you only want to work with the cards you have or are you willing to proxy upgrade cards?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Some Numbers posted:

Do you only want to work with the cards you have or are you willing to proxy upgrade cards?

If there's a good resource to look them up, I'll figure out how to proxy them, even if its just printing out and gluing to notecards or something.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

KongGeorgeVII posted:

So who is going to the South Australian regionals on the weekend? I'll be road tripping with a few guys from Melbourne.

No idea, I had no idea it was even going on. If I had known I would have gone down for it. FFG is really poo poo about posting AU regionals on their list. I am on 3 AU X-wing groups too and nothing was posted.

Really would like to know when the NSW, QLD and Vic ones are running this year.

Raged fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 5, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheCog posted:

If there's a good resource to look them up, I'll figure out how to proxy them, even if its just printing out and gluing to notecards or something.

I generally use Yet Another Squad Builder to make lists and then print them off. The lists will have all the upgrades and all the text from them.

If you're doing a Rebel squad with a T-70 and an A-Wing, I suggest starting with Jake Farrell and Poe Dameron and going from there.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Not my favorite ship combination, but if those three ships were my option (but cards were unlimited) then I'd probably do this:

Poe Dameron (PS9) (33)
Lone Wolf (2)
R5-P9 (3)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Autothrusters (2)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Proton Rockets (3)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Tactician (2)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

KongGeorgeVII posted:

I'm somehow off sick today, but as I'm assuming it'll pass before Saturday, I should be there. I believe hoiyes is going, as well

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
For scum I currently have:
2 IG2000s, 2 (3?) Jumpmasters, a Mist Hunter, and a Hound's Tooth. does anyone have any cool or fun lists I can build with this?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Bro bots, Dengaroo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

I'm somehow off sick today, but as I'm assuming it'll pass before Saturday, I should be there. I believe hoiyes is going, as well

Yeah, I should be there too. Should probably unpack my bags and check that I actually packed my tokens and rulers and stuff.

Hope their aircon is up to the task.

• Locked thread