Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

These are very rare and we generally find out the day of.

drat. I didn't take full advantage of the last one and I maybe would've got a 7star palpatine had I had the wherewithal to have done so.

Might be worth saving my energy purchases until an hour before the main refresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Will the next squad tournament will use 1k cap since it's a repeat? How do the increments work for the 1k cap? Is it 4x before an increase?

Is there truly incentive to wait before fighting (after you have already joined the bracket)? Do we know exactly how your point rewards are calculated?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 4, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I suspect that vader's tie was supposed to have a 2.5k cap, but because the rewards worked differently (ship currency instead of regular currency and raid boxes), they probably forgot or failed to update it. I'd assume that the next tournament will have a 2.5k cap.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

I suspect that vader's tie was supposed to have a 2.5k cap, but because the rewards worked differently (ship currency instead of regular currency and raid boxes), they probably forgot or failed to update it. I'd assume that the next tournament will have a 2.5k cap.

Yeah, it's far more likely that they just lazily deployed the same code as the first TIE tournament.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, it's far more likely that they just lazily deployed the same code as the first TIE tournament.

But this is a repeat event as well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

But this is a repeat event as well.

The Jyn tournament is the first one (I think) that took the cap to 2.5... maybe it was Cassians....

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

The Jyn tournament is the first one (I think) that took the cap to 2.5... maybe it was Cassians....

I think it was Cassian who had the 2.5k Cap. Time will tell. (Capital won't have updated Jyn's)

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

iGestalt posted:

I think it was Cassian who had the 2.5k Cap. Time will tell. (Capital won't have updated Jyn's)

What are the increments for the 1k cap? How many 100 fights do you get before 250 etc.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

What are the increments for the 1k cap? How many 100 fights do you get before 250 etc.

With the 1k cap, it's 3x. So you get a free, then 3x 100, 3x 250, then +250 up to 1k.

With the 2500 cap, it's 2x, and I don't remember how exactly it scales past 1k, I think it's in 500 chunks?

e: If you're sick of fighting losing to Chaze comps, there's a new OP an old lovely champ in town...Asajj... yup, you read that right. As long as she's somewhere in the G8 range, she's a counter to Chaze. Let's look at a few things you might've missed, Rampage now also reads: "Asajj Ventress gains 15 speed for each enemy with no buffs." If Baze is the only auto-taunter/buffed hero, this gives +60 speed. While her base speed is terrible, and therefore you shouldn't even put a speed set on her, if you have a 30 speed arrow and 5 +10s, that gets you to 166 + 60 = 226 (I can push that up to 242 I think). Next up, Strike Fear: "Dispel all positive status effects from all enemies....for each effect dispelled, 50% chance to remove 10% TM." With just Baze, this isn't going to do you a whole lot of good, but, eh.

If you can break 240 speed with Asajj, I would recommend:
Wiggs (L), Shore, TFP, Asajj.

If you are a bit short, instead run:
Asajj (L), Wiggs, Shore, TFP

With that instant buff removal, you should be able to snipe CI, and finish out fine after that. Your biggest threat is a faster Boba so check for that. Obv. Baze is really good in place of Shore.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 4, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Yeah but don't have shore can't get shore.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Yeah but don't have shore can't get shore.

Run RG then, or put fast mods on STH (or Poe, but preferably STH).

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I think all it is is I'm still not at the stage where I can apply a lot of these strategies yet. I'm still getting together the squads I need to be able to farm mods, so even if I had these characters and had them starred up and over G8 (I don't in the case of all but STHan who I have at G9) I still wouldn't have any mods to put on them.

And even if I had all the squads I needed to farm the 5-dot mods I need (after I finish the droids and the jawas I gotta level up all these lovely resistance and first order guys that I won't use for anything else, really?) to get them all geared to Glevel ten or more, and spent a load of cantina energy to farm speed and offence and crit-a-lot-a-hard mods, I still wouldn't have the credits to use any of them for a long while after that. And this is with a 100 crystal a day package, I dread to think back to the days I went without that...

I mean don't get me wrong, I like the game, I just hate the game.

Edit: finally going to see Rogue one tomorrow though, so yay!

Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jan 5, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is there any overlap between characters that are good for tank and ones good for rancor?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm told that the P1 Rancor hotness works fine for grievous phase on AAT.

Teebo
EE
Phasma
TFP
QGJ

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

I'm told that the P1 Rancor hotness works fine for grievous phase on AAT.

Teebo
EE
Phasma
TFP
QGJ

I run Teebo, ES, EE, Fives, QGJ for P1. Is it better to run Phasma in place of Fives? She wouldn't have the constant slow, but she has defense downs and she adds turn meter.

VV TFP is my current cantina farm, so hopefully I'll replace ES with him in a couple months VV

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 5, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I run Teebo, ES, EE, Fives, QGJ for P1. Is it better to run Phasma in place of Fives? She wouldn't have the constant slow, but she has defense downs and she adds turn meter.

Her position is 3 fold:

She slows
She can grant LOTS of turn meter to Teebo in a pinch
She grants 100% crit chance to FTP, who applies tenacity down

The added benefit here is that she also doesn't proc 2 attacks every phase which grants chip turn meter to the boss.

TFP is where this really shines, though, since the tenacity down affects the Teebo/QGJ turn meter effect.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
What about the other rancor phases?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

That squad does okay on those phases too, it's just harder to solo the entire loving phase.

I used to use Phasma (L), QGJ, Rey, Fives, GS and just blitz out on the damage and hope to land a slow. It's hard as balls for Fives to land a slow on heroic Rancor though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

I've now gotten my Teebo, Phasma, QGJ, TFP, EE squad to clear all the way into P3. With the exception of Vader (with zeta and empire/dot squad), Wiggs, Chaze, Jyn, or Rex (with Teebo), there really aren't any other heroes/squads that are going to do better at any phase of Rancor. TM is just the best solution. That said, you can put together a fast, synergistic rebel squad (Wiggs et. al) or some droids to get some decent damage in. As Chimp posted above, you can just throw random DPS at him, especially during the door phases, to drop a lot of damage fast.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Speaking of raids, IGD just started the tank, and I didn't mess up this time. Free for all on P1, then hold damage on P2 until 8 am pacific tomorrow. One team per phase on P2, 3, and 4.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I unlocked PacSun Fac bug man and felt only ennui at him starting at three stars. There is no end. Only the force.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Dely Apple posted:

I unlocked PacSun Fac bug man and felt only ennui at him starting at three stars. There is no end. Only the force.

Sun Fac is dope af and fairly easy to star if you don't mind delaying your ship advancement for a few weeks. He does like 4 cool things:
1. Tons of health tank
2. Self heals
3. Has a decnt taunt with a short cooldown, then counterattack buff removes all attackers because
4. His primary is buff removal

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

fishtobaskets posted:

Sun Fac is dope af and fairly easy to star if you don't mind delaying your ship advancement for a few weeks. He does like 4 cool things:
1. Tons of health tank
2. Self heals
3. Has a decnt taunt with a short cooldown, then counterattack buff removes all attackers because
4. His primary is buff removal
He's like a one manbug team. I just figured he'd come four stars. Not that the fleet emblems don't seem to flow. Unlike squad ones... for now.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dely Apple posted:

He's like a one manbug team. I just figured he'd come four stars. Not that the fleet emblems don't seem to flow. Unlike squad ones... for now.

Well, you can tell based on how many shards they need to unlock. If a hero needs 50 shards to unlock, that means they'll be a 3*. 80 shards -> 4*.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

It is a grind isn't it.

I might bump Sun Fac up my list of priorities, since the only thing I use fleet shipments for is my character roster anyway. Right now I save them and only use them when rare ones like Darth Maul and Vader show up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I want Zetas so I spend my fleet shipments on ships.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Anyone have a guild that does lower than tier VI raids

Actually do the lower level raids have the same 6star cap

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

I want Zetas so I spend my fleet shipments on ships.

Me too. I'm finally within shouting distance - need a handful more Spy shipments, or get lucky with Slave1 shards.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Are zetas guaranteed drops? Finally unlocked the challenge and got 2/2 but no idea whether that's just a fluke.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Vodos posted:

Are zetas guaranteed drops? Finally unlocked the challenge and got 2/2 but no idea whether that's just a fluke.

No, I seem to average about 50%. Note that you can get 2 zetas from one run, that happened to me twice.

On the Zeta note, I have started just spending my ship points on Zetas. Zeta teams seem to be so key to a bunch of the end game comps, I think they are so much more important than building up your ships once there is nothing to be gained by building them up further.

Chilichimp posted:

Oh drat, we talking about that free 7 star droid ya'll got? Nice. Lemme roll up my K2 and... gently caress.

The one dev who posts to reddit said he was going to be asking about either running the event for iOS or putting K2 in GW or Arena shops once everyone there comes back from vacation, which is apparently next week.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

Davethulhu posted:

Speaking of raids, IGD just started the tank, and I didn't mess up this time. Free for all on P1, then hold damage on P2 until 8 am pacific tomorrow. One team per phase on P2, 3, and 4.

P2 is almost halfway down, can we consider kicking people for this because saying "Sorry! I didn't know!" doesn't seem like a valid excuse any longer.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm not even at the zeta stage yet :(

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

CaptainAssholay posted:

P2 is almost halfway down, can we consider kicking people for this because saying "Sorry! I didn't know!" doesn't seem like a valid excuse any longer.

Let's see if we can PM them first. Any idea who the major offenders are?

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
So you didn't mess up this time and want to start kicking people.

Awesome. Is there a more chill guild to be in? It's really hard keeping up with IGD and I think I need something a little more relaxed than lynching.

I'm dropping IGD now. Ally code it 558-461-287

Been in IGD since the begining but I'm just trying to have fun. Good luck gents.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Avail posted:

Awesome. Is there a more chill guild to be in? It's really hard keeping up with IGD and I think I need something a little more relaxed than lynching.

Been in IGD since the begining but I'm just trying to have fun. Good luck gents.

If you don't mind being patient I sent you an invite to my levelling guild. Don't care if you don't log in every day as long as you're having fun playing. By patient I mean we're a few days off kicking off our first raid.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 5, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Avail posted:

QGJ probably has slots. Also, this is the douchiest fuckin' post I've ever read on these the somethingawful.com forums.

edit:

I'll dial that back a bit. You're probably cool and just wanna play a stupid phone game and not worry about keeping up with poo poo and that's alright.

But throwing a hipster tantrum and publicly announcing your departure because 1 dude got a little bent over a raid schedule not being adhered to? :cmon:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 5, 2017

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I've got STHan to G9 and Land/Wiggs to G8. I thinking Sun Fac for my 5th and he's at G7.

Should I get the rest of this team to G9 before I start getting STHan to G10? Should I start working on a Dark Side team to clear the Dark Side battles?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rubicon posted:

I've got STHan to G9 and Land/Wiggs to G8. I thinking Sun Fac for my 5th and he's at G7.

Should I get the rest of this team to G9 before I start getting STHan to G10? Should I start working on a Dark Side team to clear the Dark Side battles?

Just focus on STHan, imo. You're going to be waiting on raid gear eventually for all of them anyway.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
No fit has been thrown chimp. I just quoted a guy and said I didn't want to be in the guild anymore.

Publicly announced because I needed a new guild. Hipster tantrum hah. Found a new guild already though. Thanks.

Again, good luck and happy gaming gents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ships seem dumb and bad