Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

As a veteran, 99% of the time any opinion following "As a veteran..." can be assumed to be some complete bullshit, but there is always that other 1%

Middle aged lady with rolling backpack and coffee thermos in your college class: "As a mother, ..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

As a veteran, 99% of the time any opinion following "As a veteran..." can be assumed to be some complete bullshit, but there is always that other 1%

This is that 1%

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Pesticide20 posted:

This is that 1%

The pipeline issue?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
As a dick, suck my vet from the back.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

as a veteran, smdftb

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

The pipeline issue?

No, pointing out that 99% is poo poo is the 1% that's good

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

McNally posted:

On the other hand, having served in the military, I have a knee-jerk reaction to support whatever cause a group of veterans is protesting against.

I'm also of the mindset from my days as a youth that if you're protesting something, don't be surprised if you get your head cracked open by a nightstick. Nobody should be surprised that the other side isn't a hugbox when it comes to trying to get you to disburse.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

chemosh6969 posted:

I'm also of the mindset from my days as a youth that if you're protesting something, don't be surprised if you get your head cracked open by a nightstick. Nobody should be surprised that the other side isn't a hugbox when it comes to trying to get you to disburse.

I am also a fan of responding to minorities exercising their first amendment rights with violence

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

chemosh6969 posted:

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that media coverage has caused you to conflate "protest" and "riot".

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Derek Dominoe posted:

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that media coverage has caused you to conflate "protest" and "riot".

Whites protest, browns riot

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
ftfy

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Internet Wizard posted:

White problems? browns riot

Ftfy

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

Whites protest, browns riot lose every game that matters

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Some people in cleveland are losing their god drat minds that people are planning to host an 0-16 parade if they remain defeated.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Believeland

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Some people in cleveland are losing their god drat minds that people are planning to host an 0-16 parade if they remain defeated.

That poo poo is hilarious and a good thing.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Leave it to Cleveland to follow in losing footsteps.

2008 Lions 0-16
1982 Colts 0-8 (Strike shortened season)
1976 Bucs 0-14
1960 Cowboys 0-11 (Suck it Dallas)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mr. Nice! posted:

lets go bills

make it happen

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Admiral Bosch posted:

our loving congressman
Well...?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Internet Wizard posted:

I am also a fan of responding to minorities exercising their first amendment rights with violence

I never said anything about minorities. gently caress everyone that shows up to a protest on land they aren't supposed to be on. I also have no problem protesting on land I'm not supposed to be on if it's a cause I support. I don't go into things like that and expect to be loving coddled. I expect them to do what they can to remove us and I don't cry about it being unfair when they do.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Let's talk about military medicine!

quote:

The idiot dr who locked me in a room with him a couple of months ago to see if I'm a drug addict (while I take zero addictive medications, and no "fun" ones either) put a referral in for me to see a cardiologist because it has been YEARS since I've seen one (because I don't need one) and he thought it would be nice for me to go in for a tune up because I was once referred there 16 years ago.

Anyway, his coding made the hospital think I've had a heart valve replaced (which I haven't, not even for pretend) and so in order for them to take the special coding off my record (they've added me to the EFMP program with a heart coding that I don't need, which restricts our base assignments) I now have a 24 hour heart monitor on, and have to go in again tomorrow for an echocardiogram.

Because a doctor incorrectly coded a form.... Apparently me telling them I've never had any kind of heart surgery isn't enough for them to fix the problem, but some doctor I've only seen once who wrote something down incorrectly is enough to make me have to go to no less than 5 appointments to fix the problem.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
thats not military medicine thats just medicine

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Honestly, the only time I even reveal it is to shut down jingoistic conservative assholes to point out their hypocrisy.

"Troops can do no wrong!"
but josons, I am the troops.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Vriess posted:

Honestly, the only time I even reveal it is to shut down jingoistic conservative assholes to point out their hypocrisy.

I'll admit that I've gotten some mileage out of that as well

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Vriess posted:

I similarly hate when people try to prove their point by saying some guy with a phd said x about global warming, or whatever. They never state what the degree is in, so it could be a mail order one or a phd in Women's Studies or something useful like http://www.instituteofmetaphysics.com/demonology.html

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

chemosh6969 posted:

I similarly hate when people try to prove their point by saying some guy with a phd said x about global warming, or whatever. They never state what the degree is in, so it could be a mail order one or a phd in Women's Studies or something useful like http://www.instituteofmetaphysics.com/demonology.html

wife used to work for a bunch of orthopedic doctors.

I can use this information anecdotally because those guys were damned near idiots about things like finance, basic cyber security (they've all been phished before), and, y'know, sexual harassment policies in the workplace.

Damned good about hip bones though.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
As it turns out, people who spend a shitload of time in school studying one thing are typically really good at that thing. And may well be complete idiots about everything else.

poo poo man, I wouldn't trust a dermatologist or psychiatrist to be able to interpret a 12-lead and that's still within the spectrum of "medicine*."

* "Medicine" is a loving massive spectrum.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 15, 2016

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Dick Burglar posted:

As it turns out, people who spend a shitload of time in school studying one thing are typically really good at that thing.

I don't know. I think a typical grad student can easily prove you wrong.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
That's why I said typically, but fine be that way.

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
I am the idiot for dragging my feet in grad school :smith:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Helldump Immunity posted:

I am the idiot for dragging my feet in grad school :smith:

me leaving grad school for a union job:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Dick Burglar posted:

That's why I said typically, but fine be that way.

I know what you meant but over here, reading and following instructions seems to be super difficult.

I guess they're really good about complaining when they try to get something they aren't allowed or trying to get things allowed long after the deadline's past.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Smiling Jack posted:

me leaving grad school for a union job:

I miss that show

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
The idiot in this story was me I guess.

The Marines were doing a big shrimp boil at the embassy and had invited a bunch of government employees from around the city. So everyone from military to random contractors were chowing down on these shrimp at these big tables out by the pool when I get a fantastic idea.

I begin to break off the barbs off these whole boiled shrimp and start piercing my arm with them, probably got a good 5-6 in there since I had come up with this plan pretty late into my shrimp eating. People noticed but they'd quickly look away so then I just kind of walked around the embassy grounds with a bunch of shrimp barbs sticking out of my arm and no one said anything. I was 25 when this went down and maybe like a beer deep.

Happy holidays

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cenen posted:

The idiot in this story was me I guess.

The Marines were doing a big shrimp boil at the embassy and had invited a bunch of government employees from around the city. So everyone from military to random contractors were chowing down on these shrimp at these big tables out by the pool when I get a fantastic idea.

I begin to break off the barbs off these whole boiled shrimp and start piercing my arm with them, probably got a good 5-6 in there since I had come up with this plan pretty late into my shrimp eating. People noticed but they'd quickly look away so then I just kind of walked around the embassy grounds with a bunch of shrimp barbs sticking out of my arm and no one said anything. I was 25 when this went down and maybe like a beer deep.

Happy holidays

You didn't even beat up a taxi driver or rape an underage girl. 2/10

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Thump! posted:

You didn't even beat up a taxi driver or rape an underage girl. 2/10

He might not have been on Okinawa.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

chemosh6969 posted:

He might not have been on Okinawa.

Or Seoul/Osan

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU