Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radish posted:

"Fake news" is just the new "liberal media" catchphrase for news that conflicts with the false reality in their head so it's not really new. They aren't actually creative enough to think up a new idea so they just jumped on the fake news stories and repeat it because it has a dual effect of enforcing their media bubbles and also delegitimizing complaints of click baitey garbage which helps lowers the bar for journalism across the board.

"Fake news" had a real meaning for about 5 seconds. It meant news stories that were entirely made up (from start to finish) in order to fit an existing kneejerk narrative (usually right wing.) For example, a Macedonian fake news writer might note that American conservatives hate Muslims, refugees, and people on food stamps. So they would make up a story about a Muslim refugee buying luxurious and "foreign" foods with food stamps. Maybe a headline like "Islamist 'refugee' uses food stamps to gorge himself on AN ENTIRE ROAST GOAT while hungry AMERICAN children look on. You won't believe what OBAMA said to him!" And none of this ever happened at all, but is presented as truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

"Fake news" had a real meaning for about 5 seconds. It meant news stories that were entirely made up (from start to finish) in order to fit an existing kneejerk narrative (usually right wing.) For example, a Macedonian fake news writer might note that American conservatives hate Muslims, refugees, and people on food stamps. So they would make up a story about a Muslim refugee buying luxurious and "foreign" foods with food stamps. Maybe a headline like "Islamist 'refugee' uses food stamps to gorge himself on AN ENTIRE ROAST GOAT while hungry AMERICAN children look on. You won't believe what OBAMA said to him!" And none of this ever happened at all, but is presented as truth.

Yes which is one of the reasons they overuse it because it cheapens it. It's pretty much their standard tactic.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Mark Zuckerberg's 2017 plan to visit all US states hints at political ambitions posted by freeper Berlin_Freeper

So yeah, Zuckerberg announced two curious things yesterday. First, he'd suddenly found religion after being a well-known atheist throughout his adult life. Second, he was going to go on a tour of the US.

Mark Zuckerberg posted:

My personal challenge for 2017 is to have visited and met people in every state in the US by the end of the year. I've spent significant time in many states already, so I'll need to travel to about 30 states this year to complete this challenge.

After a tumultuous last year, my hope for this challenge is to get out and talk to more people about how they're living, working and thinking about the future.
If it was just the former, he'd get eye rolls. If it was just the latter, nobody'd care. But both together are a really curious combination that cause many people, myself included, to believe that he's thinking about running for office. And yes, the religion thing matters - the nation as a whole has a very poor opinion of atheists.

Hey remember that one time when Obama flubbed a line about how many states he'd visited during the primaries? Somehow it's relevant to a completely different person!

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper

Is he going to all 57?

3 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:10:14 PM by Paladin2 (No spellcheck. It's too much work to undo the auto wrong word substitution on mobile devices.)

quote:

Ten bucks says that he used to get the tar beaten out of him in Jr High...and High School.

8 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:13:21 PM by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

quote:

Zuckerberg is only worth $50 billion and only has a couple hundred million FB members in the US. With that, he may be able to reach some voters, but not enough with his message.

10 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:16:22 PM by Timpanagos1
The current US population is around 320 million. The current estimated number of Facebook accounts belonging to US citizens is roughly half of that number. Clearly this is not enough for freep, nor is $50,000,000,000.

Meanwhile, freep both sees the future and doesn't understand the single-party primary process cuts both ways.

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

That’s great, Mark, because 30 million Republicans are gonna cross over and choose your strongest challenger in the Dem primaries, now that we don’t have to worry about Trump being primaried.

12 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:24:46 PM by txhurl (Break's over, kids, back to WAR.)

Well, bye

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

If he runs and acts like a liberal progressive you can bet facebook stock would drop as millions would desert it. I know a whole lot of conservatives who use facebook and they would not hesitate to walk away from it.

14 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:25:12 PM by BBell (calm down and eat your sandwiches)

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper; ExTexasRedhead

Another Capo with delusions of grandeur!

19 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:33:37 PM by vette6387

quote:

To: spokeshave

Zuckerberg snowflake lives in home with multiple layers of security. He moves with 10+ security guard. He will pee if he see big crowd. He can’t walk alone to local grocery store.

He is poor speaker/orator.

26 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:47:37 PM by jennychase

What the gently caress does this even mean?

quote:

To: Vince Ferrer

He’s a sheep-shearer of the self-loathing American Jewish subset; he will learn the meaning of My People means sooner than later, and he will be quite the example.

His 18 round-the-clock bodyguards cannot protect him from the Truth.

27 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:49:54 PM by txhurl (Break's over, kids, back to WAR.)

Why yes, there are two different freepers that this this is relevant and/or funny

quote:

Mark has political ambitions only if he plans to visit all 57 states.

30 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:56:33 PM by V K Lee (Is it too early for a President Trump?)

quote:

34 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:59:22 PM by martian622 (The Revolution is being televised.)
Snopes: FALSE

:psyduck:

quote:

Fake News.

41 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:29:25 PM by Uncle Miltie (Higher Taxes, Less Freedom, More Bureaucracy! What could possibly go wrong?)

Freep opinions: Mark Zuckerberg is ugly, therefore he is a bad person.

quote:

Some people I find attractive, some I find ugly, most I find just average. But Zuckerburg’s looks, I just find annoying. Maybe it’s the look of smug arrogance, I don’t know. But I don’t like to look at him.

49 posted on 1/4/2017, 8:05:20 AM by bus man (Loose Lips Sink Ships)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I wonder if Freep knows that there is still going to be a Republican primary in 2020 and people may run against Trump in that primary. His chance of losing that primary is low, but it will still occur because, even when you have a sitting President, you still have a primary.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I've seen the FAKE NEWS moniker be applied to all news that doesn't agree with the viewer, which apparently for FReep is like everything left of Breitbart? Instead of Macedonian Clickbait sites and regurgitation of Pizza Gate, it's any news with the slightest amount of spin to it.

If there's anything RWM is good at, it's this sort of weird rebranding.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

robotsinmyhead posted:

I've seen the FAKE NEWS moniker be applied to all news that doesn't agree with the viewer, which apparently for FReep is like everything left of Breitbart? Instead of Macedonian Clickbait sites and regurgitation of Pizza Gate, it's any news with the slightest amount of spin to it.

If there's anything RWM is good at, it's intentional self-delusion and indoctrination.

FTFY

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

quote:

Ten bucks says that he used to get the tar beaten out of him in Jr High...and High School.

8 posted on 1/3/2017, 7:13:21 PM by Gay State Conservative (Deplorables' Lives Matter)

Man achieves American dream. Freep: NERD!!!!!!!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Neeksy posted:

Did any of them wonder why the GOP attempted to gut an independent ethics committee as their first big move out of the gate or has "drain the swamp" gone into the Conservative Memory Hole?

If any of them did, they almost certainly said it was because the GOP are liberal RINOs. When Trump tweeted his disapproval of the gutting, they changed their minds on it, so this whole incident only further cements in Freepers' minds that the GOP are bad liberals and Trump is a true conservative who will keep them in line.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Mole Inside Reveals a Far-Left Group's Plan For January 20th posted by freeper vannrox

This is a video about an article which is about an article which is about a video by trusted and reliable news source Roger Stone.

the excerpt posted:

It appears that there are large and massive attempts to create substantial interruptions during the January 20 inauguration of Donald Trump. The details are truly breath-taking, and include all of what we saw before, plus rocket launched drones, fires, smoke, tear gas, protesters dressed as police, etc.

Obama has his people stand down and do nothing.

I hope that something will be done about this.
As if anybody on the left could ever actually get something at this scale competently organized.

Freep opinions: have you tried shooting about it?

quote:

To: vannrox

Sounds like time for a little Preparation .308.

3 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:01:09 PM by Cololeo

Freepers: do not talk to me about “rights”

quote:

To: Az Joe

And they better include clubbing those filthy Communists senseless,and do not talk to me about “rights”. PEOPLE WHO ARE AT WAR WITH THE UNITED STATES HAVE NO RIGHTS!!!!!

4 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:03:52 PM by Frank_2001

quote:

To: silverleaf

A some point it stops being a protest and becomes insurgency. Protests should be controlled. Insurgencies should be put down with extreme prejudice. That’s what a democrat would do.

7 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:15:52 PM by virgil (The evil that men do lives after them.)

Freep opinions: I'm not racist, but

quote:

To: virgil

“A some point it stops being a protest and becomes insurgency. “

Somewhere about 1968 or maybe earlier ...

11 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:23:37 PM by TexasGator

I love how they can just rewrite their own history to suddenly not make the Branch Dividians a doomsday cult embroiled in a violent power struggle culminating in allegations of child rape.

quote:

To: Cololeo

The residents of Mt Carmel, in Waco, TX, were a religious group that stayed pretty much to themselves, attacked nobody, and at worst violated a minor firearms law. Suddenly, the full force of the government came down on them in the form of armed assault from the FBI and ATF. They were called a dangerous cult by the government. As it turned out, the government was so fearful of these dangerous cultists, they went in with full military force, tanks and all, resulting in the immolation of almost all the residents and total destruction of their private property.

Why should a mosque, harboring those that wish to overthrow our government and kill all infidels be treated with any less distrust?

12 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:26:25 PM by Cololeo

Freep opinions: the US Army attacking citizens is a perfectly fine concept

quote:

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

The army is so glad the muslim is leaving they would do anything for Trump

14 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:29:30 PM by morphing libertarian

As long as it is Constitutional, that is very healthy IMO.

15 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:30:38 PM by DoughtyOne (Recall John McCain. NOW, before he gets us in WWIII.)

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE COMMIES!?

quote:

The Trump administration is going to have to get serious with these commie bastards and try some of them for their crimes against the United States of America and the American people.

16 posted on 1/3/2017, 8:31:34 PM by FlingWingFlyer (As long as tyranny exists, the Constitution and Bill of Right will never be "outdated" or "obsolete")

quote:

Guantanamo is nearly empty.. perfect place to store them until we get it sorted out somewhere around 2019

26 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:14:12 PM by contrarian

I will never get over their power fantasies.

quote:

Law enforcement should meet violent threats to the innocent with deadly force. Take ‘em out. ID the carcasses later.

28 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:17:20 PM by Carl Vehse

Spoiler alert: when nothing described here happens, this is what they'll say

quote:

To: Blue Jays

My prediction is these sissypants rabblerousers are all talk and no action.

29 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:19:17 PM by Blue Jays ( Rock hard ~ Ride free)

quote:

One of the things I like about Trump is he gets even.

Remember Ruth Ginsberg and how she dissed Trump in public and Trump got her to apologize?

If protesters disrupt the inauguration, I expect that the FBI, CIA, NSA and others will be asked to identify those that planned the illegal activity. Then I bet Trump exposes them to the publicity they really don't want.

I think people have not been paying attention to Trump. He is going to use the Bully Pulpit as it hasn't been used since Teddy Roosevelt.

34 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:35:30 PM by Robert357 (D.Rather "Hoist with his own petard!" hxxp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1223916/posts)

Freep opinions: we'll prove that we're not a banana republic by simply locking up all the dissenters!

quote:

I’m sick of these morons making the normal citizens of AMERICA look like banana republic. It’s time to end this nonsense. Guantanamo sounds PERFECT !!!!!!

39 posted on 1/3/2017, 9:52:59 PM by chit*chat

I will never get over their terrorist attack fantasies

quote:

There are now threats to use chemical and biological WMDs in the UK. Take no solace in the fact it has not happened in the US yet. It will. When Anthrax, Mustard gas, Sarin or the Ebola virus is let loose in a highly populated suburban mall, will the victims still “feel the love”?

50 posted on 1/3/2017, 10:45:01 PM by Cololeo

I'm not sure if this post is meant to poo poo on the comparison or draw similarities.

quote:

To: Robert357

“I think people have not been paying attention to Trump. He is going to use the Bully Pulpit as it hasn’t been used since Teddy Roosevelt.”

Roosevelt: Walk softly but carry a big stick.

Trump: Walk boldly and use the damned stick.

54 posted on 1/3/2017, 11:22:43 PM by oldvirginian (If someone tells you biscuits and gravy ain't a meal, just walk away. You don't need the negativity.)

loving hell, freep

quote:

To: FlingWingFlyer

“The Trump administration is going to have to get serious with these commie bastards and try some of them for their crimes against the United States of America and the American people.”

It is my sincere hope that Sheriff Joe will oversee the jails across the country that are set up to house these insurgents.

61 posted on 1/4/2017, 3:19:23 AM by ryderann

OH COME ON

quote:

To: morphing libertarian

The army is so glad the muslim is leaving they would do anything for Trump

OK, let’s examine that statement.

Will the Army resist the direct order of the Commander in Chief and keep the 20 prisoners said to be up for release from Guantanamo?

The test of the Army to resist are those prisoners. Will the Army drag it’s collective feet until it is too late for the magic negro to have power?

66 posted on 1/4/2017, 4:50:08 AM by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Macroagression melts snowflakes)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
I'm actually kind of impressed how smoothly Freep has transitioned from "muh freedums" to "police state NOW!" I was expecting them to at least pretend that they weren't full-bore fascists for awhile. (or at least wait until Trump took office before they start demanding internment camps.)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Jagged Jim posted:

I'm actually kind of impressed how smoothly Freep has transitioned from "muh freedums" to "police state NOW!" I was expecting them to at least pretend that they weren't full-bore fascists for awhile. (or at least wait until Trump took office before they start demanding internment camps.)

They always were "police state now", but they needed the right government in place.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

I love how they can just rewrite their own history to suddenly not make the Branch Dividians a doomsday cult embroiled in a violent power struggle culminating in allegations of child rape.

I dunno if you've paid attention to Freeps descriptions of islam, buuuuuut...

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The only moral insurgency is my insurgency!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

There's something about them finally getting an authoritarian messiah that's actually best buds with a KGB agent.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

It appears that there are large and massive attempts to create substantial interruptions during the January 20 inauguration of Donald Trump. The details are truly breath-taking, and include all of what we saw before, plus rocket launched drones, fires, smoke, tear gas, protesters dressed as police, etc.

Obama has his people stand down and do nothing.

I hope that something will be done about this.

And when none of it happens they'll claim this thing is what brought it down. I swear to god these fucks are so paranoid.
You guys won, deal with it

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Basically every other post there tonight is about that awful "gently caress Trump" Chicago kidnapping/torture.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Have they gone full n-word yet?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I find it hilarious that they deride Zuckerberg since it's entirely possible he intends to start a political career as a right-winger instead.

I imagine if he does so, Freep will forget all about this little moment and praise him as the Trump Protege America needs next.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Republicans posted:

Have they gone full n-word yet?

It almost feels like there needs to be an office pool on when that finally happens. March Madness for racists?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

They did in the previous thread.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Smeep posted:

Basically every other post there tonight is about that awful "gently caress Trump" Chicago kidnapping/torture.

The second post in the earliest thread on it labels it as fake news.

High/low-lights from other threads:

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

The Dindus better get a grip on their failed abortions cause they are close to a race war.

4 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:58:06 PM by soycd

quote:

To: rottndog

Jeff Sessions is on his way in and he needs to take control of this case.

This moment is a game changer.....enough is enough.

21 posted on 1/4/2017, 8:30:58 PM by juggernaut

quote:

To: AndyJackson

Finally, we have found some genuine Democrat terrorists. There will be more. The Democrat Party will be promoting BLM and all that implies very heavily and even openly so long as they are not “in power.” Our system now is divided between the rational Citizens and the Communist/barbarians coalition. There will either be domestic warfare or a return to piecemeal surrender to the C/b forces. Beating them politically is not sufficient. The Citizens don’t have to attack but we do have to defend and that is rapidly moving way beyond peaceful political processes.

22 posted on 1/4/2017, 8:32:11 PM by arthurus

quote:

I’d like to see every one of the thugs who inflicted this horror on this poor man beaten until they were flayed. Let’s see how much they smirk and laugh then. If there is not very firm action taken on this outrageous act, more will feel emboldened to do similar stuff. Notice how they, brave souls, chose a developmentally disabled person as their victim. They make me sick! No doubt, they are products of the “Feed ‘em and Breed ‘em” programs, AKA welfare.

27 posted on 1/4/2017, 8:41:34 PM by EinNYC

quote:

Never forget: It is the lies that SJWs tell that inspire these crimes.

Most of these crimes wouldn’t happen without their lies.

If lefties had told the entire truth about what happened that night with Trayvon Martin, or how bogus the “hands up don’t shoot” story was, then a lot of people wouldn’t have been beaten or killed.

Without these lies, some of these very thugs might have turned their lives around, and they’d have been better off, too.

44 posted on 1/4/2017, 9:25:30 PM by HarborSentry

Freep opinions: yes, waterboarding is torture

quote:

To: grundle

These are terrorist and must be treated as such. Shoot on sight or catch them and send them to Gitmo complete with waterboarding.

4 posted on 1/4/2017, 6:44:37 PM by JMS

quote:

Open season on blm, islam and dindus coming soon. Surprised it took this long.

26 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:12:09 PM by soycd

quote:

Comment #35 Removed by Moderator

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

As always, remember that liberals are the real racists.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From President Obama Awards Himself Distinguished Public Service Medal posted by freeper Cold War Veteran - Submarines

That's a Breitbart headline. Here's what the DoD itself has to say. The medal is given out...

wikipedia posted:

...to a private citizen, politician, non-career Federal employee, or foreign national. It is presented for exceptionally distinguished service of significance to the Department of Defense as a whole, or a DoD Component or function, where recognition at the component level would not be sufficient for the service rendered.
Previous notable recipients include

wikipedia posted:

George W. Bush
Ashton Carter
Bill Clinton
Kristin Krohn Devold
Steven Spielberg
Henry Kissinger
Uhhuh.

So, there are more than one hundred eighty posts in this thread. We all know how much they hate Obama, so I'm going to skip most of that. It's not as if you don't know what they're going to say. It's all of the same bullshit that we're all tired of.

Most.

quote:

To: Cold War Veteran - Submarines

Well, he’s just got to do everything he can while he’s still N*****-rich doesn’t he?

This man is such a disgrace for all of America.

20 posted on 1/4/2017, 6:56:43 PM by Bullish

quote:

Comment #31 Removed by Moderator

I decided to post from this thread based solely by this being at the bottom of the first page.

quote:

Obama's getting awards from everywhere

49 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:06:12 PM by PGR88

50 posts before someone reminds freep of objective reality.

quote:

To: lodi90

It has been done by three presidents now.

Clinton

Dubya Bush

Obama

51 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:07:01 PM by marktwain
Another one happened 20 posts later.

Hi WENDLE!

quote:

This is the pussy that we have in defense advocating for women in combat and queers and “in between” queers. This SOB could be hanged by a very angry mob of real men?

100 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:31:55 PM by WENDLE (I urge the appointment of TED CRUZ to the Scalia seat on SCOTUS.)

Some additional facts.

quote:

Hey, those medals don’t award themselves you know.

Actually it looks like the Gerald R. Ford Foundation picks the awardee, the DOD presents the medal, and the CiC picks which officer will present the medal if the CiC is being presented the award.

I still hate Obama with the heat of a thousand suns, but this looks like a nothingburger. There are plenty of actual damaging things being done that are much more important.

124 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:47:22 PM by SaxxonWoods (Ride To The Sound Of The Guns)

It should probably not surprise you to know that there are zero replies of substance to any of the factual posts in this thread. A later one stated "Apparently the title of this article was made up and it's what a lot of people wanted to hear." Why, I'm shocked that the person that authored this post might possibly want to believe bad things about Barack Obama.

quote:

On Wednesday, President Obama added another prestigious medal to his Nobel Prize collection when he had Defense Secretary Ash Carter award him with the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.

Besides repealing & nullifying the EO's signed by odumboshiite in the entire past 8 years, I hope that incoming President Trump would also nullify & revoke this bullsh_t award "Department of Defense Medal for Distinquished Public Service". What a crock of sh_t. I would love to see both odumboshiite & phat rear end mooochelle dropped in the middle of Iraq & their bosom ISIS buddies and see what happens to them then! And Ash Carter ought to be dropped off in the desert with them. And btw, what kind of a stupid name is "Ash" anyway?

174 posted on 1/4/2017, 9:39:12 PM by rcrngroup

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 5, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Freepers are now going off on "Ash", one of the whitest names you can have.

SMDH

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh they're so close to just outright saying "friend of the family" I can almost taste it

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

quote:

Open season on blm, islam and dindus coming soon. Surprised it took this long.

26 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:12:09 PM by soycd

quote:

Comment #35 Removed by Moderator

Calling for the hunting and murdering of groups they don't like: not removed. Soycd probably would have gotten removed if he had said "Open season on blm, islam and niggers" instead of their codeword. As if using a different word makes the sentiment less horrible.

If Freep hated political correctness as much as they say, you would think that they would have no problem saying friend of the family or any other slur.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They have no problem with it but aren't quite so far gone and to think that we are at the point where white people can say it openly and not give up the benefit of the doubt they aren't racists (give it a year).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

This is the pussy that we have in defense advocating for women in combat and queers and “in between” queers. This SOB could be hanged by a very angry mob of real men?

100 posted on 1/4/2017, 7:31:55 PM by WENDLE (I urge the appointment of TED CRUZ to the Scalia seat on SCOTUS.)

Hmm, rewind this 60 years and replace queers with blacks.
This fucker's dumb as poo poo anyways, that loving signature, jesus christ

quote:

It should probably not surprise you to know that there are zero replies of substance to any of the factual posts in this thread. A later one stated "Apparently the title of this article was made up and it's what a lot of people wanted to hear." Why, I'm shocked that the person that authored this post might possibly want to believe bad things about Barack Obama.

Why it's almost like they blindly listen to....fake news. Irony so thick it could be forged into a block of lead the size of Trump Tower

Haxin Jackson posted:

If Freep hated political correctness as much as they say, you would think that they would have no problem saying friend of the family or any other slur.

That's because it's not PC when we do it, only when those feminist lieberal muslim loving blm ferals make us use those terms
It must be difficult to be a freeper to anyone but the insane. You have to love and hate the same thing at the same time, bitch about something while being that something, and believe you're being persecuted while not only persecuting others but being in the demographic that has the absolute least chance of ever being persecuted. They're creamy white Christian fuckers that have had everything handed to them their entire lives and sacrificed nothing to give the next generation.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 5, 2017

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

It's not really that difficult to think like a Freeper; just think that everything you do is inherently good and anything that blacks/muslims/gays/women do (even if it's the exact same thing you are doing) is the evilest evil that ever eviled. Therefore I can't be racist because racism is bad. stringeverylastniggerup

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Trump: The Democrats, lead by head clown Chuck Schumer ... posted by the Sidebar Moderator, so probably JimRob or John Robinson.

It's a Trumpian tweetstorm, but we'll only care about the first here.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816977032433270784

quote:

To: Sidebar Moderator

For the life of me as a history degree holder, I cannot recall when was the last time that a president or incoming president referred to a member of either house of Congress as a "clown".

Usually such a violation of decorum would unsettle me. But Schumer rather MORE than deserves it! (along with Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein, McCain...)

2 posted on 01/05/2017 4:51:19 AM PST by Ciaphas Cain (The choice to be stupid is not a conviction I am obligated to respect.)

This gets just under thirty replies.

quote:

To: Ciaphas Cain

The kenyan broke the mold on Presidential decorum. No going back now. President Trump will be governing in the age of Kardashian and as a GOPer needs to be outrageous to get any attention at all.

38 posted on 01/05/2017 5:40:51 AM PST by lodi90

quote:

Decorum is for suckers.

Thankfully we learned that lesson before it was too late, and realized that this is a war.

40 posted on 01/05/2017 5:42:17 AM PST by VanDeKoik

quote:

Violation of decorum??? To speak plainly, Screw that. (Or perhaps ‘decorum my @$$’. )

And that is what I yearn to hear.....a leader who SPEAKS PLAINLY.

MAGA!!!!!!

60 posted on 01/05/2017 5:51:25 AM PST by Vaquero ( Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.)

quote:

Trump is a throw back to the days of the beginnings of our country. He’s an Andy Jackson. The pundits KEEP TALKING every night, the Chinese and others also...saying that Tweeting demeans the discussion.

DOES ANYONE EXPECT HIM TO STOP THIS?

It cracks me up. Obama, Bush etc would spend hours or days preparing a statement to give to a world leader or to the other party leaders. Trump runs them off his tongue, and it blisters the other party each time.

LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

107 posted on 01/05/2017 6:30:47 AM PST by nikos1121 (I hear Kasich is being considered for post master general.)

So let's rewind a bit, back to another reply to post 2.

quote:

I am normally a Trump supporter. I also think his use of Twitter is innovative and brilliant. However, I do think that type of name calling is un-Presidential. It is possible to say the same thing in a different, more subtle way.

6 posted on 01/05/2017 4:53:41 AM PST by rbg81 (Truth is stranger than fiction)

This also gets thirty replies.

quote:

To: rbg81

BS. Trump is defining his oponents before they falsely define him. Truth - Chuckie is the HEAD CLOWN and ObamaCare has already destroyed health care in America.

Make HEAD CLOWN stick and Trump wins the war!

16 posted on 01/05/2017 5:05:14 AM PST by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run (GO GALT - VOTE TRUMP!!!)

quote:

You miss the point

the point is to use a 2 x 4 about the head and shoulders to induce enough pain to get the mule’s attention

Being nice has got us where we are today. I’ll bet you are PC to the core

24 posted on 01/05/2017 5:16:22 AM PST by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Macroagression melts snowflakes)

quote:

I am normally a Trump supporter. I also think his use of Twitter is innovative and brilliant. However, I do think that type of name calling is un-Presidential. It is possible to say the same thing in a different, more subtle way.

In an earlier time, I’d agree. But we live in crude and ignorant times where truth is swept under the rug as “hate” and soft spoken lies are the only acceptable discourse. Trump’s “in your face” statements are necessary. The Romans learned that calling barbarians citizens only worked until the barbarians wanted to take over. Schumer isn’t a clown. He is a lying douchebag. It’s time for a Republican with a microphone to point that out.

39 posted on 01/05/2017 5:41:16 AM PST by Bryanw92 (If we had some ham, we could have ham and eggs, if we had some eggs.)

quote:

normally a Trump supporter. I also think his use of Twitter is innovative and brilliant. However, I do think that type of name calling is un-Presidential. It is possible to say the same thing in a different, more subtle way.

We have tried "decorum" since Reagan while the far-left went into the gutter and look what has happened to America. I am so tired of Republicans fighting with one hand behind their back. The founders were masters of ridicule and yes, they did resort to name calling. Trump knows what he is doing, it is called winning

50 posted on 01/05/2017 5:47:02 AM PST by WMarshal ( Schadenfreude, it feels so good!)

In case you missed it, Make America Sick Again is the thing the Democrats are pushing right now.

quote:

In this era of over the top PC run amok there is no more time for subtly. You like Make America Sick Again? How subtle is that?

57 posted on 01/05/2017 5:50:50 AM PST by Harpotoo

I utterly despise how they misunderstand the push behind PC.

quote:

I do think that type of name calling is un-Presidential. It is possible to say the same thing in a different, more subtle way.

How’d playing nice nice work out for George Bush? It’s the end of P C speech; then good. It’s time for plain talk.

65 posted on 01/05/2017 5:55:43 AM PST by Flick Lives (Les Deplorables Triumphant)

quote:

If Trump’s observations were incorrect, I would agree with you. After being called racist, homophobes, misogynistic, ad nauseum, his supporters, such as I, hope he makes a list and goes down it periodically. The media can’t control the narrative! Suck it up!

79 posted on 01/05/2017 6:09:31 AM PST by gr8eman (Keep Winning!)

Freep opinions: Trump is an rear end in a top hat because of our liberal-dominated schools

quote:

You're right. But-That’s trump.

He needs to begin being more Presidential.

I think that some Americans (older, properly EDUCATED and widely read) can remember ‘statesmanship’ and ‘speechcraft’, etc.

Those days are gone. What we see now is the result of the decades-long NEA failure to introduce students to literature (original sources), history (apart from revisionist drivel) and the full range of documentation, histories, biographies, speeches, letters, journals etc. of notable leaders (from both sides of the political spectrum.)

It's ‘garbage in/garbage out’.

It's been a very long time since I have personally read or heard the speech of a public official which was written and delivered with appropriate gravitas, command of the subject and/or a respectable command of the English language.

None of that is likely if your ‘education’ is limited to the kind of material now presented in our schools. Everything which would bespeak polish, refinement, knowledge, understanding and the supreme achievement of making yourself understood AND respected, has been sacrificed to Liberals’ rigorous agenda and to their system of indoctrination through social engineering.

106 posted on 01/05/2017 6:30:18 AM PST by SMARTY ("What is freedom? To have the will to be responsible for one's self. "M. Stirner)

I'm sure there's more, but freep is really, really tiring today.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007
:freep: "Kids these days not respecting their elders. Why are so many Americans disrespecting the flag? What ever happened to just sitting back and listening and deferring to others?"

:911: :freep: "WE GOTTA ACT LIKE rear end MONKEYS TO GET NOTICED. IS IT WORKING? MURICA!" :freep: :911:

I'm trying to get more active writing anything at all, hopefully of some substance, on these forums just because sometimes what's in my head isn't necessarily what I really feel, or I can't figure out the phrasing or complete my train of thought and writing it down helps to sort things out. Lots of times I realize I really don't know as much about something as I thought when I see it all on page and cancel out of the editor and go back to reading or doing research or trying to find better ways to put things into perspective.

Yet these guys write down and agree with things that flagrantly disagree with concepts you would think form the very bedrock of their belief system and somehow their brains don't explode. The cognitive dissonance these people experience has to affect them in some way.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Joshmo posted:

The cognitive dissonance these people experience has to affect them in some way.

It affects them so badly that it gets them to post on freep.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah freep is one of those places online that is a negative feedback back loop which enforces low self esteem and unproductive behavior.
Just like the slimy trenches of popular/infamous social interaction websites without the part that isn't an awful clique.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
«The Romans learned that calling barbarians citizens only worked until the barbarians wanted to take over.»
- a person who knows gently caress all about the Roman Empire

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'm fairly certain that they ceased being barbarians after becoming citizens, as "barbarian" simply meant "person not belonging to one of the empires of the time." So they also don't know words.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm fairly certain that they ceased being barbarians after becoming citizens, as "barbarian" simply meant "person not belonging to one of the empires of the time." So they also don't know words.

Romans weren't racist in a way that modern Americans would understand. They typically didn't give a poo poo about the actual color of your skin (and even had an African emperor at one point), just that you were part of the empire and preferably born under its borders. They hated white guys from Germania more than black guys from Alexandria.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

McGlockenshire posted:

He’s an Andy Jackson

Man. They say worse things about Trump than I do. Like, Trump is probably not going to be a genocidal monster.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Most of the Emperors weren't even Italian, much less Roman. They actually meant all that bullshit "patriots" bitch about. If you were born in the Empire and managed to rise to the position no one gave a poo poo, what mattered was if you could deliver.
This isn't to paint Rome as some liberal utopia, it's just that once the Empire was done loving with your people and you were absorbed that was it, you didn't get poo poo for being a Gaul, a Thracian or a Libyan. Giving a poo poo would be a sign of dangerous divisionism. :commissar:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 6, 2017

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
They are gonna be so pissed that Mexico isn't gonna pay for the make-work Wall now that Trump is getting congress to pay instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chitoryu12 posted:

Romans weren't racist in a way that modern Americans would understand. They typically didn't give a poo poo about the actual color of your skin (and even had an African emperor at one point), just that you were part of the empire and preferably born under its borders. They hated white guys from Germania more than black guys from Alexandria.

Given how you can see how Americans have changed the definition of "white" almost constantly over the last couple hundred years it's not really surprising to think that racism was different back then.