Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Kongbakpao has their guide up. When a problem comes along....

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/memories-from-the-aquapolis/

quote:

Attacks with Magic Damage (Bioga, Flare, Comet)
At Below 50% HP, it will attack with even more Magic based spells such as Aeroga, Stonga, Meteor, Ultima.
Kiss of Darkness – Confuse, Paralyze, Petrify
Counter Kiss of Darkness by casting Carbuncle
Focus and Full break
Man-Eater
Unleash those Excaliburs!

ultima you say? Maybe its time to clean the dust off the celes in storage.

edit: copy pasted the attacks too for the new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

quote:

Attack Pattern

Abilities Effect
Bioga Overall Dark Damage Damage + Poison
Comet TBC
Flare ST Fire Damage
Kiss of Darkness AOE Confuse/Paralyze/Petrify
Gravity – 50% HP to ST
Osmose Absorb MP
Meteor (HP50% or less) AOE Magic Damage ignoring MDEF
Ultima (HP30% or less) AOE Magic Damage ignoring MDEF
Dark Prism (HP30% or less) TBC
Stonga Earth damage on the whole
Aeroga Wind damage on the whole
*Frequency of Kiss of Darkness will increase as Dark Fina’s HP goes down.

Kiss of darkness hits on turn 4? Gee what are the odds Carbuncle will be ready to go by then...

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Would Carbuncle even reflect it? It sounds like it's an ability anyway

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

McSpankWich posted:

Would Carbuncle even reflect it? It sounds like it's an ability anyway

Guide is based on the Japan version of the dungeon, I would assume it would. The three spells are classified as magic. Of course there is always the ever present :gumi: factor...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Luka's stats and abilities oh poo poo. I might do more than daily half-price pulls.

https://exviuswiki.com/Luka

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Luka's stats and abilities oh poo poo. I might do more than daily half-price pulls.

https://exviuswiki.com/Luka

Luka will probably rank in second to Refia on the healer list. She's lacking full raise and Refia's built immunity to most status effects, but otherwise is very solid. Like Refia, get her a dualcast and she becomes elite.

Edit: Actually, I just realized that dualcast may not work with her best heal, it's a special ability and not Curaja. That's going to be real disappointing if true.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 4, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

Kiss of darkness hits on turn 4? Gee what are the odds Carbuncle will be ready to go by then...

Note this is an exploration, you can come if with a full Summon gauge.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Luka will probably rank in second to Refia on the healer list. She's lacking full raise and Refia's built immunity to most status effects, but otherwise is very solid. Like Refia, get her a dualcast and she becomes elite.

Edit: Actually, I just realized that dualcast may not work with her best heal, it's a special ability and not Curaja. That's going to be real disappointing if true.

It wont. Its exactly the same as Tilith.

She's a better healer than all of the none 6* healers right now and better than none dual casting santa roselia and refia, but she lags behind some of the stronger healers. Specially those that can make use of dual cast better, or the insane healing units like Tilith 6*s.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 4, 2017

axe
Jul 28, 2006
Student of the John Zoidberg School of Medicine
Sorry of this has been posted before, but has anyone had any luck fixing the bug where the game is stuck in "tutorial mode?" I just downloaded the game yesterday and noticed that I was unable to go to any area I'd cleared previously, can't change my party or use abilities, and my party is unable to die (stuck at 1hp if taking damage), among other things. I've already sent one support ticket to Gumi where they recommended reinstalling the game, re-connecting it to Facebook (I neglected to mention in my support ticket I had done all of this already). I sent a follow-up and haven't heard back yet.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Awesome, I need 35 Sacred Crystals...like today...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vax posted:

Ah gently caress it just throw everything in here. loving Zeldas 250 ATK TM sword, Metroid Primes 6* LB should have a cool animation no? Oh and what about the Mario Bros?

Boy oh boy, 2017 will be a blast.

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're actually throwing a fit because of a desire for mobile game purity that has never existed and never will but it seems an awful lot like the latter because you seem to hate many of the core things that drive these kinds of games. You might want to stop posting and try another game if you're actually getting bent out of shape over this stuff.

Most mobile games would kill to have collabs with major Nintendo IPs. If Nintendo came to SE and Gumi and said "hey we want to do a Mario/Zelda collab with you guys in FFBE" you can bet your rear end Gumi would do all they could to make it happen and that they'd make a killing off of it as well.

e:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It wont. Its exactly the same as Tilith.

She's a better healer than all of the none 6* healers right now and better than none dual casting santa roselia and refia, but she lags behind some of the stronger healers. Specially those that can make use of dual cast better, or the insane healing units like Tilith 6*s.

As someone with Santa Roselia I'd trade her for Luka in an instant. Luka gets Raise and much more useful abilities. Santa Roselia's big thing is her counters, which are ok but not great by any means.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 4, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I used to play PAD, I had Batman, EVA Unit 01 and probably other egregious bullshit I forget now. If anything BE is real light on collaboration events.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Honestly? I don't give a gently caress if I get a base 5 Ronald McDonald, I'll put him on the team if he ranks up there with Lightning and Orlando.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're actually throwing a fit because of a desire for mobile game purity that has never existed and never will but it seems an awful lot like the latter because you seem to hate many of the core things that drive these kinds of games. You might want to stop posting and try another game if you're actually getting bent out of shape over this stuff.

Most mobile games would kill to have collabs with major Nintendo IPs. If Nintendo came to SE and Gumi and said "hey we want to do a Mario/Zelda collab with you guys in FFBE" you can bet your rear end Gumi would do all they could to make it happen and that they'd make a killing off of it as well.

I'm deeply worried for my goon bros if you guys actually took anything on that matter seriously.

For everyone in here it's crystal clear that we could see a Teletubbie collab in 2018 bringing the pink one as world first 7*. And yes I would whale hard on it.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Honestly? I don't give a gently caress if I get a base 5 Ronald McDonald, I'll put him on the team if he ranks up there with Lightning and Orlando.

I hope they add in Hamburglar and Grimace.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I hope they continue their female pop artist collabs so I can whale out on a full party of Taylor Swifts

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I want a team of Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Lorde and Baby Spice.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Fenrir posted:

I want this and also a new feature where they can combine into a giant robot called YASS SLAY QUEEN

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dias posted:

I used to play PAD, I had Batman, EVA Unit 01 and probably other egregious bullshit I forget now. If anything BE is real light on collaboration events.

Yeah, I mean in PAD you could throw together a team with Cloud, Superman, Thor, and Hello Kitty.

Speaking of which, where the heck are the FF7 characters in this game? Seems weird to leave them out for this long.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I mean in PAD you could throw together a team with Cloud, Superman, Thor, and Hello Kitty.

Speaking of which, where the heck are the FF7 characters in this game? Seems weird to leave them out for this long.

No FFVII or FFVIII characters is super weird and no Yuna either despite getting two different rounds of FFX characters.

Cloud is probably going to be the lead power creep unit for 7* sometimes later, probably when the VII-R1 comes out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

DaveWoo posted:

FF7 will probably show up for the first 7* units or something along those lines. Or maybe Gumi learned from their gently caress ups in Brave Frontier and won't increase the max unit tier every year on average.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I'm almost positive they are waiting to release FF7 units once the profits from the game really start to drop.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Is there any reason to have more than one doublehand TMR? I currently have 3x Bartz and I kind of want to smush them. I don't have any Zidanes or Gilgameshs, but I'm sure I'll get one or the other eventually.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam
I'm curious - do bosses actually USE MP? Like, if I had a bunch of people dualcasting osmose, could I just... make Majin Fina worthless? Or is her MP pool just so you can osmose when you're low?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CyberLord XP posted:

Is there any reason to have more than one doublehand TMR? I currently have 3x Bartz and I kind of want to smush them. I don't have any Zidanes or Gilgameshs, but I'm sure I'll get one or the other eventually.

There are 3 (well 4 if you count one that you cant get anymore) units that can effectively use doblehand to greater effect than dual wield. Garland 6*, Hunter Rain and Hunter Laswell. All 3 of them are solid dps units that are cheaper to gear than other whale baits but none of which exists in global right now.

e-Well as with the client differences, we dont know how much weight the japanese put in being able to equip various double hands on the character for insane gains in raw attack something we cant do in global.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 5, 2017

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

LizardBeam posted:

I'm curious - do bosses actually USE MP? Like, if I had a bunch of people dualcasting osmose, could I just... make Majin Fina worthless? Or is her MP pool just so you can osmose when you're low?

Pretty sure they ignore MP when casting.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vax posted:

Ah gently caress it just throw everything in here. loving Zeldas 250 ATK TM sword, Metroid Primes 6* LB should have a cool animation no? Oh and what about the Mario Bros?

Boy oh boy, 2017 will be a blast.

A mario RPG collab would actually be cool, since Square does own all of the Mario RPG originals as far as I'm aware. Geno, Mallow and Mario as the banner with a Culex boss event. I'd be down for that.

Skyridge posted:

I'm almost positive they are waiting to release FF7 units once the profits from the game really start to drop.

I'm willing to bet once the FF7 remake hits they'll drop Cloud.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Palleon posted:

Pretty sure they ignore MP when casting.

They do, I've osmosed bosses to zero and it doesn't change anything

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

LizardBeam posted:

Enemies don't use MP for any ability or skill. Osmose exists solely to give you a small amount of MP or to shut down opponents in the arena. Sometimes. If the game feels like it since arena AI opponents can also ignore MP requirements. :argh:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Haven't played in over a month, decided to use a couple of the many tickets I've been hoarding and got Winter Roselia and Noctis.

A few minutes later I remembered I hadn't done the 1/2 pull and I got White Knight Noel from that. :sparkles::fh:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dias posted:

Used to play Heavenstrike Rivals, a mobile gacha line defense styled game (think Plants vs Zombies, but turn-based). Adam Jensen never asked to be in this.

Come to think of it, I'd kill for any crossovers with non-RPG S-E franchises, just to be different. We don't really need Lara Croft what with Lightning, but give me Adam Jensen and Agent 47. Maybe give me Omikron characters, just to piss people off. It's owned by them on account of being an Eidos work, right?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is there a limit to how many sacred crystals you can get in a day?

Also if you had an unleveled Locke, would you halt production and get him maxed out asap?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Haven't played in over a month, decided to use a couple of the many tickets I've been hoarding and got Winter Roselia and Noctis.

A few minutes later I remembered I hadn't done the 1/2 pull and I got White Knight Noel from that. :sparkles::fh:

You're a bad person. I hate you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KataraniSword posted:

Used to play Heavenstrike Rivals, a mobile gacha line defense styled game (think Plants vs Zombies, but turn-based). Adam Jensen never asked to be in this.

Come to think of it, I'd kill for any crossovers with non-RPG S-E franchises, just to be different. We don't really need Lara Croft what with Lightning, but give me Adam Jensen and Agent 47. Maybe give me Omikron characters, just to piss people off. It's owned by them on account of being an Eidos work, right?

I really want the Nier or Drakengard cast to get added in.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fenrir posted:

We can finally create a girl band this world deserves! :smugdon:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

Is there a limit to how many sacred crystals you can get in a day?

Also if you had an unleveled Locke, would you halt production and get him maxed out asap?

Nah, focus on your murdersquad first. Locke isn't gonna clear content, he'll just help when farming drops (aka 90% of that is just the Vortex of Awakening). Leave leveling him for a rainy day or something. Get your best characters up so you can clear content, advance the story, and be able to do stuff that improves your team like events or trials.

e: Also there's no cap for sacred crystals. The RNG is just a colossal rear end in a top hat with them nowadays. Awakening INT sounds like the most efficient way to get them, although I have abhorrent luck and stick to PRO.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 5, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Hi everyone! I have been lookimg everywhere for an answer and It might be a dumb question but If I put equip staff on Tilith + dual wield will she use all of her abilities twice like dual casting on refia?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If it's not a physical ability, dual wield does nothing but give stats.

If it's a unique ability, dual cast will also do nothing. To know if dual cast will function, check the magic screen to see if what you want to use is there (or look for the relevant little orb next to the spell name).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Fenrir posted:

so ive had some reading issues lately because of a concussion i had, and once again a post in FFBE has been misread and i was excited and totally on board with also running Space Baby as one of my units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Thanks to macro grinding I have the Genji Glove and Blade Mastery finally. Next up should be Dual Cast within the week. Maybe Excalibur and Sakurafubuki in a week and a half. After that it'll be Gaffgarion's Bracer, Maxwell's Power of Creation, and Karl's Seal of Destruction. Those are just about to be rotated in though so it'll be a while.

But eventually I'll be a whale friend.

• Locked thread