Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

It's absurd how much better the E-25 and SU-122-44 are than the JPanther.

I loved the jagdpanther when I got it a couple of months or so after the game went live, it was mobile, great at dishing out damage with a high pen high damage gun, could reliably bounce lower tier guns and felt strictly superior to all tier 7 tanks at the time, except maybe the IS. What I'm saying is that I probably shouldn't rebuy it for old times sake because it has most likely been powercreeped to poo poo since then. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I think I need a second opinion I can't trust someone named SSJ_naruto_2003.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

It's absurd how much better the E-25 and SU-122-44 are than the JPanther.

To be fair when I started grinding the jg panzer 4 to get to the jpanther the E25 didn't exist in the game and the jpanther was always good in the games I played in Tier 7-8. Bear in mind I stopped playing before the huge TD nerf and came back after not knowing at least half of the new tanks and maps it was a really rude wakeup call. But still I kept going hoping to get to what I thought was going to be a really fun tank, just to unlock it and realise its a total shitbox.

Also I just had a game on sacred valley where my team got rolled in the heavy tank side, but we won the bridge side and then shock of all horrors actually acted as a team and turned around and killed everything.

I was so pleased.

Zudgemud posted:

I loved the jagdpanther when I got it a couple of months or so after the game went live, it was mobile, great at dishing out damage with a high pen high damage gun, could reliably bounce lower tier guns and felt strictly superior to all tier 7 tanks at the time, except maybe the IS. What I'm saying is that I probably shouldn't rebuy it for old times sake because it has most likely been powercreeped to poo poo since then. :(

I think your memory is the same as mine of it. I'm just sad I didn't play it before.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
You and your jpanthers. I'm driving around a stock st emil :emo:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I think I need a second opinion I can't trust someone named SSJ_naruto_2003.

i posted in a mod namechange thread

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They are FINALLY accepting NA videos for RNG No Comments!

quote:

Hey North American Tankers!

We are looking to create our own RNG videos in North America, and we could use your help!

How to submit:

Go to http://wotreplays.com/
Upload replay from recent patch with something RNG-Worthy
In “Replay Description” put in-game time stamp of RNG submission
In “Replay Description” include your own caption or why its RNG material
WoTReplay Naming Convention: NA RNG – (Insert your title here)
Put your WoTReplay Link in this Forum thread

If your replay is chosen we will award you with 1,500 Gold (NA Winners only)

Submissions we feel were created by ruining a match you were in, will be disqualified

Ignoring above asks will result in instant disqualification

GL HF <O

Too bad it's only for this version or else I would have submitted my 9.13 replay where my ricochet lights an invisible tank on fire and kills it. :(

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Hey Hellsau you should submit that O-I snapshot from the other day

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

serious gaylord posted:

I hated the jg pz 4 but I hate the jg panther more.

How can you be so wrong?

All you have to do to excel in these great vehicles is... go back in time and play them before the TD nerfs and powercreep!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 5, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

What the poo poo is a KRUPP-STEYR WAFFENTRAGER????

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

a poo poo tank

Laughably bad premium.

The Locator posted:

How can you be so wrong?

All you have to do to excel in these great vehicles is... go back in time and play them before the TD nerfs and powercreep!

I hated this tank so much.

Steelion posted:

Hey Hellsau you should submit that O-I snapshot from the other day

The sickest part of that is that I called it in advance. I should record that.

e: I literally have no idea how I managed to double post.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

But it has such a long gun!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

But it has such a long gun!

it's not the length it's how you use it, and that stupid sluggish piece of poo poo just spews shots everywhere and that's such a mess to clean up

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I don't think the Krupp-Steyr has really anything going for it. Bad DPM, low alpha, no armor, bad mobility, tier 7, just a

Hellsau posted:

Laughably bad premium.

I guess it's got camo so you can hit someone for 240 damage before you get your poo poo pushed in. No idea why they released such a joke, especially when the e25 is still being put up for sale from time to time.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion, this snapshot is more absurd than I thought. I might be a wizard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9rkPn-v_c

Seriously you all need to watch this because #snapshotmeta is loving horseshit. 524 meter fully moving autoaim snapshot on an ELC.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If they wanted to buff the Jagdpanther without making it OP a slight improvement to the accuracy would be nice. When I quit four years ago (pre TD nerfs) it was easily my favourite vehicle. Post adjustment hasn't been entirely smooth or pain free but it can still be a blast to play.

:colbert: I own an E-25 but I choose not to use it :colbert:

Serene coast. What the gently caress? Does anybody understand this map? The West is high risk, high reward with the North really getting screwed on opportunities for lines of fire. The centre tub is usually assisted suicide. The town is a nightmare. Then there is the heavy's Eastern slugging pit. Victory there in usually having no effect on the actual result because your team have either already capped or are back in the Garage while the enemy caps your base. That map and Tundra do seem to reward lemminging yolos so maybe it is working as intended?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cartoon posted:

Serene coast. What the gently caress? Does anybody understand this map? The West is high risk, high reward with the North really getting screwed on opportunities for lines of fire. The centre tub is usually assisted suicide. The town is a nightmare. Then there is the heavy's Eastern slugging pit. Victory there in usually having no effect on the actual result because your team have either already capped or are back in the Garage while the enemy caps your base. That map and Tundra do seem to reward lemminging yolos so maybe it is working as intended?

Did your artillery deal 800 damage and the enemy artillery dealt 5500 damage? Can't win that map. Is there no artillery? Then whichever team has the smarter mediums will win the west by poking better and whittling the enemy down and will win the map. North is basically strongly disadvantaged on that map because if they win the east, they can't push through without being smacked by camping TDs just hiding along the south, and they don't get any good lines of fire into the northwest whereas from the south a TD can position in H2/J2 and snipe turrets on enemies poking up the northwest hill. The map is kind of bad but nowhere near as lovely as the old Serene Coast, and it's not as lovely as something like Sacred Valley.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
WG just kind of releases premiums for the sake of it, I feel like, rather than considering whether the premium in question has any sort of feature that makes it interesting and then balancing it accordingly.

Sometimes I really wish I could be a fly on the wall when they're sitting around trying to figure out the stats for tanks...

"Well, we have a gigantic box-tank. Let's give it a gun that does more damage than the previous record-holder at tier, with none of the bad gun handling!"
"Should we reduce the fire rate, to compensate?"
"...Why would we do that?"

e: god drat that shot was bullshit.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 5, 2017

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I hated this tank so much.

I'll admit that the JP4 wasn't the most enjoyable tank to play, but once it was fully upgraded it was reasonably decent. I loved the Jagdpanther though, and still have it in my garage. Looking at them in retrospect, I didn't do all that well in either of them, so I don't know why I have such good memories of playing them.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Locator posted:

I'll admit that the JP4 wasn't the most enjoyable tank to play, but once it was fully upgraded it was reasonably decent. I loved the Jagdpanther though, and still have it in my garage. Looking at them in retrospect, I didn't do all that well in either of them, so I don't know why I have such good memories of playing them.

Did you play before #snapshotmeta where fully aimed shots would hit the edge of the reticle 20% of the time instead of constantly? Because it's really hard to #snapshotmeta long range shots without a turret, unless you're a hacker like me and can hit tanks that literally none of my aiming circle is overlapping.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What the gently caress is a loving hellcat

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

What the gently caress is a loving hellcat

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Are they really TD's? Why are they always up trying to scout and flank?

also is the teamspeak in the OP still active or do people use the new CTS mumble?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

VelociBacon posted:

also is the teamspeak in the OP still active or do people use the new CTS mumble?

They are tank destroyers because they were designated as such, they scout and flank because they can go fast and have good camo, in game they are basically fragile medium tanks. Now, go play at the French AMX-40, it is a light tank.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

1: yes they are TDs and 2: because they go hella fast and stupid people don't understand how and when to properly use that speed (hint: most people are stupid)

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

You know, the gift box event thing for tanks isn't as nice as the one for world of warships. In warships you open the boxes one by one for some air of suspense. For this you just get the contents dumped at your feet.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
The T-28 with F30 isn't available for gold, is it?

I know the T-28 is a tremendous pile of poo poo but for some reason I really enjoy playing it.

Not enough to pay 40 loving dollars for a tier 4 premium though

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Man the type 64 is fun, its like a super locust.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Mirthless posted:

The T-28 with F30 isn't available for gold, is it?

I know the T-28 is a tremendous pile of poo poo but for some reason I really enjoy playing it.

Not enough to pay 40 loving dollars for a tier 4 premium though

Is that the 85 mil? The T-28 with the 85 back in the day was loving hilarious.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It's still a good tank. Pretty quick and the 57 mm is a great gun for a tier 4.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A second ban wave has hit the server! :911:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

YOU CAN'T TALK TO THE ENEMY TEAM ANYMORE????????????????

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I booted this up for the first time in two years and people are still as bad as I remember. Also did they make arty more accurate because I swear to god I'm hitting more than I used to.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Wilekat posted:

I booted this up for the first time in two years and people are still as bad as I remember. Also did they make arty more accurate because I swear to god I'm hitting more than I used to.

Download the Battle Assistant mod and press G. :lsd:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Not banned, nobody in ADOBE who was provably using treedown in clan wars was banned, one guy in HAVOK was banned and I'll ask about that, and one guy named Butte in PANSY was banned. NDP is safe.

This is some weaksauce poo poo.

e: looks like one guy in FADED and one in -FAM- are the only players banned in the top ten or so clans. This is entirely bullshit, ignore it and use whatever y'all want.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jan 5, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Not banned, nobody in ADOBE who was provably using treedown in clan wars was banned, one guy in HAVOK was banned and I'll ask about that, and one guy named Butte in PANSY was banned. NDP is safe.

I think they're mostly going after aimbotters. I haven't seen anyone get banned who wasn't using some sort of an aimbot. I also think this is why AutoAim+ is banned, because it gives a positive on whatever they're using to detect "cheats".

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

e: looks like one guy in FADED and one in -FAM- are the only players banned in the top ten or so clans. This is entirely bullshit, ignore it and use whatever y'all want.

Was butte perma banned? He got hit with a ban for pushing another pansy toon mate into the water RIP. He definitely doesn't use any mods at all cause he only plays tanks cause I talked him into it and we get a few games in a week maybe.

I mean pretty sure get botted for silver like a year ago.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

Was butte perma banned? He got hit with a ban for pushing another pansy toon mate into the water RIP. He definitely doesn't use any mods at all cause he only plays tanks cause I talked him into it and we get a few games in a week maybe.

I mean pretty sure get botted for silver like a year ago.

just says "suspended" on the clan page, I think to used to say "permanently suspended" if you did a major fuckup.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Permanently suspend me from the Eiffel tower.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Wilekat posted:

Actually I think they've gotten worse :) I don't remember if that is shown to be true with the WR numbers but I think average WR on the US server has dropped like a full percentage point over the 5 years I've had an account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Did you play before #snapshotmeta where fully aimed shots would hit the edge of the reticle 20% of the time instead of constantly? Because it's really hard to #snapshotmeta long range shots without a turret, unless you're a hacker like me and can hit tanks that literally none of my aiming circle is overlapping.

I played for a good while before they changed the 20% edge of reticle (which sucked) and after it. Stopped playing shortly after the Chinese were introduced other than coming back to play a dozen or two games a couple of times.