Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
That's the Blitzwing I remember. Super Armor on max and just endlessly in your face. On the harder difficulties, he moves even faster. It's like fighting a blur that hits like a truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Kurui Reiten posted:

So far as I can tell, being able to create duplicates isn't one of Shockwave's powers in any continuity other than Devastation itself, but it may be related to all these "knock-off" Shockwaves that were around at the same time.

It's from the original cartoon's production bible.

http://tfarchive.com/cartoons/bible/

It's just something that never got used.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Tindalos posted:

It's from the original cartoon's production bible.

http://tfarchive.com/cartoons/bible/

It's just something that never got used.

Oh. Well then!

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Huh, I guess Shockwave CAN shoot for poo poo.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I appreciate Coolguye bringing up Chip's Challenge, because god drat if that isn't a case of nostalgia overriding how brutally unfair it is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I love the Shockwave fight, they gave him so much fun abilities to play around against, even the clones are fun to fight. And punching a giant laser gun is really silly. And as someone mentioned all the posing he does when dodging is great.
But this is the best part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQODg8KOvjQ

The guitars at 1:35 only kick in when you reduce his health enough for him to transform the first time.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am very curious as to when Shockwave learned Akuma's teleport move.

I also find it interesting how bizarrely heroic his boss theme sounds, especially the Phase 2 variant. It sounds more like a background BGM that would play during a moment when the Autobots show up to save the day or something similar. Not the boss theme of one of the most calculating and sinister Decepticon commanders.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Decepticons are actually the good guys.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Orv posted:

Decepticons are actually the good guys.

Now I want a Shattered Glass version of this game.Just to beat the poo poo outta Bumblebee.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Goddammit I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong but I have no loving clue how to make Grimlock's grapple happen reliably :rant:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Ghost of Starman posted:

Goddammit I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong but I have no loving clue how to make Grimlock's grapple happen reliably :rant:

The timing on a lot of things is a touch goofy, especially things that involve the dodge mechanic. You kind of have to get in a groove and hit the grapple (B/O?) as soon as you get the dodge. Its also like getting the counter attacks post dodge - you have to trust that the dodge has worked and you will follow up with the counter, rather than just do an attack in bullet time. The window is pretty tight, but when you get it down, it feels so good.

That's what I like about this game: The combat reminds me of the Batman games where there is a rhythm to it, and if you can get into it, it just all go so smooth. And it looks good too.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Reminder FOR NO REASON AT ALL that the Steam winter sale currently has Devastation for $10.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Dear Primus, Shockwave's poses. :allears:

Every episode I fall more in love.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's probably clear enough from the video but Shockwave is pretty much a glass cannon, in that if you allow him to juggle you with the lasers and the clones he can destroy you with surprising ease. He was actually the boss I found most difficult rather than Blitzwing or even the Combiners.

Orv
May 4, 2011
As the only real robot (that matters) in a world full of people-bots, I have immense respect for Shockwave's total lack of competence.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I think his CPU is lagging because he hasn't rebooted in several million years

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think it's apparent that while the Autobots and Decepticons were fighting on Earth Shockwave spent his time watching animesstudying Earth culture.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Episode 9 - Youtube | Polsy

New characters and lore added to their respective sections

I think at this point it's pretty obvious what the evil dark influence that caused The Proudstar crew to go a bit mental is now, if you somehow didn't get it from the Info Logs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I think at this point it's pretty obvious what the evil dark influence that caused The Proudstar crew to go a bit mental is now, if you somehow didn't get it from the Info Logs.

I think we all guessed some time ago.

Friendship.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

chiasaur11 posted:

I think we all guessed some time ago.

Friendship.

"I guess the dark influence perverting Nova Prime's mission and impelling him towards acts of destruction and the devastation of all non-Cybertronian life was friendship after all!" does have an odd ring to it.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

TheLastRoboKy posted:

"I guess the dark influence perverting Nova Prime's mission and impelling him towards acts of destruction and the devastation of all non-Cybertronian life was friendship after all!" does have an odd ring to it.

So long as it isn't weird interdimensional zombies, I think we're all good. It could be a big-rear end Quintesson nobody's ever heard of or something rather than what it most likely is (I AM... UNICRON...), but that, Friendship, and Sixshot are all preferable alternatives to the IDW continuity evil.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

TheLastRoboKy posted:

SIGMA?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Teletrann-One is the villain!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

TheLastRoboKy posted:

It's me, Optimus!

It was me all along, Optimus!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
e: actually nevermind, ignore this dumb post

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Frenzy is Red, Rumble is Blue

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Poking around the TFwiki makes me want someone, anyone, to do a series of games based on the Shattered Glass continuity, if only so we could have the cutest Ravage evar!!1! #cuteravage

Or maybe I want Orv to spontaneously combust, whatever :v:

EDIT: OH God, SG Rodimus :allears: He's even got an evil moustache!

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 6, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT: OH God, SG Rodimus :allears: He's even got an evil moustache!

If this hypothetical Platinum SG game ever happens,Rodimus NEEDS to do the Jetstream Sam grin.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How many letters have to be found before RoboKy spells Farmer Snorts?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

It's me, Optimus!

It was me all along, Optimus!

Aw, son of a bitch.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

No, it was I, Dio!

Orv, just wear the Gold AND Silver serpent rings. Problem solved.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 6, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
One of the things I will never stop respecting about tfwiki is that they have done such a great job of archiving all the little details about one of the nerdiest things on the internet and still seemingly don't lose sight of the fact that this entire thing is retarded in the most fun way.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Out of curiosity, was there ever a tree Transformer?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Coolguye posted:

One of the things I will never stop respecting about tfwiki is that they have done such a great job of archiving all the little details about one of the nerdiest things on the internet and still seemingly don't lose sight of the fact that this entire thing is retarded in the most fun way.

They have managed to reach the rumored state of "fandom zen," where they recognize that the thing they love is totally crazy, prone to plotholes, animation errors, and what have you and are more than willing to call it out for it...and they still love it to pieces in spite of-and to an extent because of-those flaws.

It's loving inspiring is what it is.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

They have managed to reach the rumored state of "fandom zen," where they recognize that the thing they love is totally crazy, prone to plotholes, animation errors, and what have you and are more than willing to call it out for it...and they still love it to pieces in spite of-and to an extent because of-those flaws.

It's loving inspiring is what it is.

Yes, yes it is.

Desmodae
Apr 24, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

Out of curiosity, was there ever a tree Transformer?
Yes, if you count Beast Machines.
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Botanica_(BM)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

TFWiki has a page titled "to sell toys". This is important, because they understand that they are making a wiki about a franchise designed to sell toys.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

This really isn't as hard as you think, he spontaneously combusts at least six times daily

Orv
May 4, 2011

CommissarMega posted:

:smith:

Veloxyll posted:

Orv, just wear the Gold AND Silver serpent rings. Problem solved.

Motherfucker I ain't made out of fingers.

Also depending on the Souls in question both of those rings are usually only useful some of the time. Souls chat, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
im made of fingers

• Locked thread