Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Lazy Reservist posted:

Can't wait to check out e-Chirp.

For those non-IC folks, e-Chirp is essentially Twitter on the high side. It was intended to be an information sharing platform, but like all social media devolved into memes and pissing contests. It is, however, a somewhat useful tool to gauge the pulse of the IC to see what the worker bees are thinking and not necessarily what the policy makers are saying. And before OPSEC Wizard says something, this is all public knowledge.

I've never bothered checking it, but then again I make a point to limit my time on JWICS because for a while they had a sort of news page as the default homepage in every browser that showed all sorts of interesting information that I didn't feel comfortable looking at or knowing about.

e: State Department had a forum on OpenNet that people could use to bitch make suggestions about things. It was mostly a honeypot for firing contractors and ruining FSO's careers.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Virtually all the information to be found on JWICS is not worth looking at unless you're specifically looking for it. It's not like the internet where you can go on a Wikipedia rabbit hole, clicking from one article to the next. Unless you're directly involved in analysis or are extremely knowledgeable about tech stuff, it's pretty boring. On the other hand, most everything on SIPR has been boiled down and sanitized to the point where it makes sense to most people. This is where you can find cool gun cam video and poo poo like that. JWICS is set up by intel nerds, for intel nerds. The only other people who use it routinely are comm nerds, and that's mostly to make sure it's running properly.

psydude posted:

e: State Department had a forum on OpenNet that people could use to bitch make suggestions about things. It was mostly a honeypot for firing contractors and ruining FSO's careers.

Also on easy ways to kill your career, there was (is) a clone of Reddit on JWICS. Haven't checked it out in a while, but I imagine it's probably still a ghost town.

Lazy Reservist fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 5, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Four black teens kidnapped a special needs white man in Chicago. A woman streamed them on Facebook Live torturing and beating the guy up. He was forced to drink toilet water, had his head cut up, and the guys put cigarettes out on his wounds.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/227116738-story

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Four black teens kidnapped a special needs white man in Chicago. A woman streamed them on Facebook Live torturing and beating the guy up. He was forced to drink toilet water, had his head cut up, and the guys put cigarettes out on his wounds.

If you're gonna get forever jail anyways why settle for a special needs guy.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

holocaust bloopers posted:

Now we play America's favorite game Is it a Hate Crime!!!

This whole thing is pretty hosed up. I can't see this doing anything but further pushing the most radical followers of Orangengrupenfuhrer to some sort of vengeance. I fear that we'll see some poor black guy tied up being forced to say he loves Trump.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Lazy Reservist posted:

This whole thing is pretty hosed up. I can't see this doing anything but further pushing the most radical followers of Orangengrupenfuhrer to some sort of vengeance. I fear that we'll see some poor black guy tied up being forced to say he loves Trump.

as the token lieberal LOL if anyone thinks this is not a hate crime.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

as the token lieberal LOL if anyone thinks this is not a hate crime.

But it's a white male! They can't be discriminated against!

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Lazy Reservist posted:

Well when one views an entire group of people as deplorable nazi racist scum they may feel justified in the actions against them. I think it's obvious they had no shame in this if they were posting it to facebook. The audience isn't supposed to feel remorse when the inglorious bastards are brutally murdering their enemies.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sir Lucius posted:

Well when one views an entire group of people as deplorable nazi racist scum they may feel justified in the actions against them. I think it's obvious they had no shame in this if they were posting it to facebook. The audience isn't supposed to feel remorse when the inglorious bastards are brutally murdering their enemies.

If it was a actual white supremacist, or even an actual neo-Nazi, getting tortured and humiliated and not some poor bastard who just happened to be white my reaction would be completely different.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I've already heard "Hey, did you hear what those BLM guys did to that disabled kid?" this morning. It's going to be a fun day.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Lazy Reservist posted:

Virtually all the information to be found on JWICS is not worth looking at unless you're specifically looking for it. It's not like the internet where you can go on a Wikipedia rabbit hole, clicking from one article to the next.

One high-side I had access to had a full mirror of wikipedia that looked to get crawled and updated once a month or so. It's how I read about all the X-Men on watch one day.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

pkells posted:

I've already heard "Hey, did you hear what those BLM guys did to that disabled kid?" this morning. It's going to be a fun day.

just ask if they heard about the all lives matter dude who shot up the black SC church

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

TBeats posted:

just ask if they heard about the all lives matter dude who shot up the black SC church

Even better, considering we're in Charleston.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Lazy Reservist posted:

Did you watch the video? Anyone who hasn't needs to.

Everyone involved should be hanging from street lamps.

It's that bad.

Chicago PD chief however doesn't want to call it a hate crime. Which is a compelling reason to torch cop cars and police stations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If that special needs kid had a gun none of this would have happened

"Arm the Tards" - GOP 2020

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Watching the opening statements on the intelligence review.

John McCain just started pounding war drums. Not even fuckin around. Straight up said we need to create a policy of responding with force. Also mentioned they did it because we didn't gently caress them up for invading Ukraine.

Second guy up, Reed, is saying the same thing.

Open loving war against Russia.

:stonk:

Edit: midnight suntans for everyone.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 5, 2017

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Genocide Tendency posted:

Did you watch the video? Anyone who hasn't needs to.

Everyone involved should be hanging from street lamps.

It's that bad.

Chicago PD chief however doesn't want to call it a hate crime. Which is a compelling reason to torch cop cars and police stations.

Hmm yes, a lynching is the perfect response to a hate crime

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Trying to decide a better way to go - thermobarics after being recalled from the IRR, or in the wash of the MIRV targeting Ft. Meade.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Vengarr posted:

Hmm yes, a lynching is the perfect response to a hate crime

Did you watch the video?

Because it's pretty much exactly what needs to happen.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Waroduce posted:

If that special needs kid had a gun none of this would have happened

"Arm the Tards" - GOP 2020

I thought that was the GOP 2016 motto.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Did you watch the video?

And this will accomplish what, exactly? I saw the video; it's reprehensible. There is no excuse for what what done. But they've been arrested. Unless the cops and DA gently caress up in the most idiotic fashion, this is an open and shut case. They're going to jail for the next couple of decades and will be forgotten about in short order. Hanging them from lampposts will turn them into martyrs and will only incite more hatred and resentment.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Did you watch the video?

i don't think responding to a racist act with more racist acts will stop racist acts

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
WaPo is getting worse and worse:

https://twitter.com/WaPoExpress/status/817010323978907648

They're also trying to blame ISIS on the soviet union atm

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Clapper is a pretty smart dude.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

WaPo is getting worse and worse:

https://twitter.com/WaPoExpress/status/817010323978907648

That's their magazine, which isn't actually the Washington Post.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I mean in some hosed up circular logic kind of way, I guess? Their presence was definitely a factor but it was our dumb asses who enabled the Saudi's and Pakistani's to build the foundation of this loving mess

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Bolow posted:

I mean in some hosed up circular logic kind of way, I guess? Their presence was definitely a factor but it was our dumb asses who enabled the Saudi's and Pakistani's to build the foundation of this loving mess

Well it wouldn't be so terrible if it said that but it doesn't even mention the CIA or saudi arabia once so they're not exactly being intellectually honest

edit: obama also just approved ~$350 billion for nuclear subs. The cold war is back baby!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

John McCain just started pounding war drums. Not even fuckin around. Straight up said we need to create a policy of responding with force. Also mentioned they did it because we didn't gently caress them up for invading Ukraine.

Well at least someone isn't going to look the other way on Donnie's friends. Ukraine was a tough call since they're not in NATO so starting a shooting war with them wasn't going to happen. Perhaps more sanctions than they got would have helped, maybe not.

Pence is a worthless piece of poo poo but if Donnie gets tossed out fast along with a bunch of his people I'll sleep easier.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Well it wouldn't be so terrible if it said that but it doesn't even mention the CIA or saudi arabia once so they're not exactly being intellectually honest

edit: obama also just approved ~$350 billion for nuclear subs. The cold war is back baby!

THE COLD WAR IS BACK BABY! RAD!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
IN SS-18 SATAN I TRUST

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Only one? I want more!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

???????????????????

what the gently caress is going on anymore

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/789575721731497984

that's david duke the KKK guy right?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

We ask supporters to stop taking down the US internet.

I'm confused, I don't remember the great internet outage of 2016?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dude my internet provided by Xfinity gets real lovely sometimes

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TBeats posted:

Dude my internet provided by Xfinity gets real lovely sometimes

:master:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Yes it is.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Hopefully this is more of an attempt to hype the GOP base into a "gently caress Russia" mindset and start driving a wedge between them and Trump, and less of an attempt to seriously try to get a live reenactment of "On The Beach" going.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

???????????????????

what the gently caress is going on anymore

that's david duke the KKK guy right?

It's simple really. The high-level trumpers have basically decided that if you're pro-trump or helpful to trump, you are Good. That's how you get Gingrich, Palin, and Trump all praising Julian Assuage (lol) when even Trump was pushing for Julian's death in 2010.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Loden Taylor posted:

Hopefully this is more of an attempt to hype the GOP base into a "gently caress Russia" mindset and start driving a wedge between them and Trump, and less of an attempt to seriously try to get a live reenactment of "On The Beach" going.

So glad I work at a strategic target. I just hope the nukes fly while I'm at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ElMaligno posted:

If it was a actual white supremacist, or even an actual neo-Nazi, getting tortured and humiliated and not some poor bastard who just happened to be white my reaction would be completely different.

Reverand maynard posted:

If you're gonna get forever jail anyways why settle for a special needs guy.

they should have done it to a legit kkk member that would have been kinda cool

• Locked thread