Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
WHAT THE JESUS CHRIST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

80s/90s, gay, pop music.

*edit: just found out Statham was in this too... :allears:

https://youtu.be/uWu3JqLMImY

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 5, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:catstare:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:catsterrist:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

80s/90s, gay, pop music.

*edit: just found out Statham was in this too... :allears:

https://youtu.be/uWu3JqLMImY

Wow.

He definitely found himself a niche career there.

spog fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jan 5, 2017

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Statham was also an Olympic diver...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vWrINMm1aCI

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
So there's a junkyard about 45 minutes away that has a set of four Goodyear Wrangler tires for $120. Tread looks alright, date code is 02/13. Good deal or pass? I'm looking for cheap tires for my truck, which has four different brand tires in two sizes on it right now, all of which are in awful shape. I don't really need tires until spring, but if these are a good deal I'll get them. Thoughts?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i didnt see this yesterday in the sears articles but they're selling off craftsman!

quote:

Sears Holdings Corp. said it would close another 150 stores and sell its Craftsman tool brand for $900 million, as the cash-strapped retailer continues to shrink and battle slumping sales.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

i didnt see this yesterday in the sears articles but they're selling off craftsman!

The purchaser has just been named today too, Stanley Black & Decker. There goes my harbor freight craftsman dream company.. :(

Edit: hopefully they'll change their name to Stanley Black & Decker & Craftsman. :haw:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-to-stanley-black-decker-1483623215?client=ms-android-att-us

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

funny Star Wars parody posted:

So how do truck tires work compared to car tires? Are there summer v winter tires, or is it all All-Season? What are good tires to get? What if my penis is small and I want to let the world know?
Generally speaking, truck/light truck and van tires are rated for heavier loads and higher PSI along with higher (taller? bigger?) aspect ratios (meaning their sidewall is taller). Summer and winter tires exist for trucks. Good tires are usually expensive ones but my truck-havin pals have had great luck with Kenda Klever AP or AT tires. If your penis is small, get these BFG All-Terrain KO2s (these are actually really, really good and I want them v badly but can't afford them).

CornHolio posted:

So there's a junkyard about 45 minutes away that has a set of four Goodyear Wrangler tires for $120. Tread looks alright, date code is 02/13. Good deal or pass? I'm looking for cheap tires for my truck, which has four different brand tires in two sizes on it right now, all of which are in awful shape. I don't really need tires until spring, but if these are a good deal I'll get them. Thoughts?
Wranglers are pretty great and that's a good deal for 4 of them if the tread depth is good and there aren't any cords showing :buddy: Make sure the tires are like ya know not in lovely condition of course.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Getting my tooth yanked!

They found a crack in the filling and two cracks in the tooth itself. I'm going to set my primary dentist on fire.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Rhyno posted:

Getting my tooth yanked!

They found a crack in the filling and two cracks in the tooth itself. I'm going to set my primary dentist on fire.

Yeah, you have to watch those retreads carefully.

Good luck with your surgery :/

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Getting my tooth yanked!

Ffffuuuuuuuck.

I still need to get my wisdom teeth yanked, which I am not looking forward to. :ohdear:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

CornHolio posted:

Sounds like a solid deal to me, depending on the size, could be a really good deal.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ffffuuuuuuuck.

I still need to get my wisdom teeth yanked, which I am not looking forward to. :ohdear:

Better sooner than later, dude. Healing time goes up by a lot with every year that passes.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, I know. I actually had an appointment booked for it about five years ago, but I got a nasty cold right before it and never rebooked it. I was actually trying to overlay the recovery for it with the recovery from another surgery that was supposed to be quick (hernia repair), but that thing loving kicked my rear end.

It will definitely be this year, that's for sure.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Thanks for all the input on the MB dealership bullshit. Thankfully the used car manager called me last night and actually seemed interested in working with me to sell the car. The car is at the body shop they use(separate business, not an internal department) and they are going to let me know what the fix is today. Fingers crossed I was just dealing with a lovely dealer who either thought I was wasting his time or that selling a used car was below him.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ffffuuuuuuuck.

eh, I just had the last one of my wisdom teeth yanked a couple weeks ago. I swear the worst part was they had to use so much novocaine that the entire left side of my face, all the way up to my scalp, was completely numb for about 8 hours. Granted I have had rather extensive dental work recently, so I might be a bit jaded.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I gotta visit the endodontist tomorrow to get a root canal fixed. It got infected somehow over Christmas and I was beside myself in pain on NYE. The dentist put me on amoxicillin as a temporary measure, but I worry that a permanent fix is going to require some digging.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

slurry_curry posted:

Thanks for all the input on the MB dealership bullshit. Thankfully the used car manager called me last night and actually seemed interested in working with me to sell the car. The car is at the body shop they use(separate business, not an internal department) and they are going to let me know what the fix is today. Fingers crossed I was just dealing with a lovely dealer who either thought I was wasting his time or that selling a used car was below him.

I personally wouldn't continue dealing with these jokers (unless the car were a real unicorn). Keep your guard up a mile high and get everything in writing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slurry_curry posted:

eh, I just had the last one of my wisdom teeth yanked a couple weeks ago. I swear the worst part was they had to use so much novocaine that the entire left side of my face, all the way up to my scalp, was completely numb for about 8 hours. Granted I have had rather extensive dental work recently, so I might be a bit jaded.

Novocaine I can deal with, but one of them is impacted so I have to see an oral surgeon, which will almost certainly entail significant sedation. I'll have them do all four because gently caress separate recovery times.

I had two root canals done on the Tuesday after Christmas and the tendon on that side of my face is only today finally not swollen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I have a tooth that needs a root canal. Even with dental insurance, it's not in our budget for a while.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Goober Peas posted:

I personally wouldn't continue dealing with these jokers (unless the car were a real unicorn). Keep your guard up a mile high and get everything in writing.

I didn't think it was that much of a unicorn, but the more I look it really seems to be. It seems like everyone either bought black on black cars, or if the it wasn't a black exterior it has a white/tan/beige interior. I thought I had a couple options down at the MB dealer in Tacoma, right exterior color but not interior, but I just realized they are not 4matics.

The more I talked to the manager, the more it seemed to me that the guy I had been dealing with before was just an idiot and didn't know what he was talking about. I am still not onboard 100%, but my timeframe sucks so I am not willing to write them off at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went great! Tooth is out, pain killers are ingested, just waiting for the numbing agent to wear off so I can have a milkshake and not dribble it down my chest.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Novocaine I can deal with, but one of them is impacted so I have to see an oral surgeon, which will almost certainly entail significant sedation. I'll have them do all four because gently caress separate recovery times.

I had two root canals done on the Tuesday after Christmas and the tendon on that side of my face is only today finally not swollen.

I only had a single wisdom tooth that actually managed to break through my gum to be visible, and I had to have it pulled last year due to a cavity that was not in a place they could fix it. It wasn't super terrible, just a straight-forward numbing and pull. Did take several days for the bleeding to stop, so it was pretty annoying from a full healing perspective, but I never needed anything other than large doses of ibuprofen (800mg) to deal with the pain.

My other three wisdom teeth though, are all pointing directly forward into the roots of the molars in front of them, and none of them break through the gums into my mouth. I'm dreading the day that any of them start giving me problems, as they will be full-on oral surgery to remove. Several dentists earlier in my life said I should get them out, but as I've gotten older the tune has changed to "yea, if those aren't bothering you, leave them alone." It seems to be as much an evolution in how they approach dental health (i.e. stop pulling wisdom teeth just 'because') as my age I think.

CommieGIR posted:

I have a tooth that needs a root canal. Even with dental insurance, it's not in our budget for a while.

Yea, dental insurance is a joke. It's a complete mystery to me how dental and vision got separated from medical. Are my teeth and vision not somehow important parts of my body and overall health? :iiam:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommieGIR posted:

Isn't the failure rate on RC's stupidly high? My dad had his tooth extracted and then had an implant put in and it was less than the cost of the RC. Is it a visible tooth or a molar?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

The Locator posted:

Yea, dental insurance is a joke. It's a complete mystery to me how dental and vision got separated from medical. Are my teeth and vision not somehow important parts of my body and overall health? :iiam:

Yup, I ended up maxing out my FSA input to help offset the cost of the couple implants I have to get this year. I think my dental insurance pays out maybe $500 more than the yearly dues are. Thankfully my work pays for a good chunk of it, but its still a loving joke.

Rhyno posted:

Isn't the failure rate on RC's stupidly high? My dad had his tooth extracted and then had an implant put in and it was less than the cost of the RC. Is it a visible tooth or a molar?

Yea, one of the implants I have to get this year is to replace I root canal I got ~4 years ago. The root has since cracked, so it needs to go. lovely part is, they have to pull the tooth, wait for it to heal, put in the implant, wait for it to heal then finally put the finished tooth on. Should be about 8 months start to finish according to my oral surgeon. At least its the tooth behind my k9 so its not super noticeable.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Rhyno posted:

Depends on how good the dentist it. If they miss some of the smaller off shoot roots or leave some of the root behind then it will probably fail and if you don't mind the drilling for a pillar then an implant is a viable option over a RC and Crown.

I also have one impacted wisdom tooth that they want to remove but right now it is not bothering me and the cost + recovery to remove something that has not caused any issues for over 20 years doesn't seem to add up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't plan on getting an implant right now. My brother suggested I wait til I visit him in Taiwan and have it done there. I saw some cheaper options where the new "tooth" looks like a mini life saver. It's no visible so who gives a gently caress what it looks like right?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
So looks like my long insurance nightmare is finally coming to a close.

For those of you just joining the party, I was rear-ended in my wife's car at the beginning of last month and the at-fault party's insurance has fought me every step of the way. Most recently, when they came out to appraise the car they assumed that since the LCD display panel for the stereo and HVAC had been removed (I was having a friend of a friend fix defective solder on the display itself) that the car didn't have a stereo equipped at all.

I brought this up with the appraiser on the 23rd and he assured me it would be fixed. Got the final paperwork late last week, vehicle valuation was still based on the car not having a stereo when it actually had the Bose premium package. After a bunch of back and forth I was finally able to get them to quote the car with all of its options and wouldn't you know - a car with premium audio is worth ~$500 more than a car with no stereo at all. At one point they were trying to claim the car was only worth $3500 because that's what the only example they could find locally on Autotrader was selling for, but refused to tell me what year, options or mileage that example had.

At this point I'm not certain how this company (Erie Insurance) is still in business.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Geoj posted:

At this point I'm not certain how this company (Erie Insurance) is still in business.

By giving people the run around until they accept a low ball offer.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Geoj posted:

By paying as little as they can get away with.

gently caress, beaten

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Geoj posted:

Safety Dance posted:

gently caress, beaten

:colbert:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
and this is why I pay through the nose for insurance. hard, hard, hard lessons like this learned over the years. Your insurance company should be doing the fighting, not you. If *you're* doing their job, why did you hire them to begin with?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

cursedshitbox posted:

and this is why I pay through the nose for insurance. hard, hard, hard lessons like this learned over the years. Your insurance company should be doing the fighting, not you. If *you're* doing their job, why did you hire them to begin with?

I could have filed the claim through my insurer but then it'd be questionable if I'd ever get my deductible back.

I'd rather not tie up $500 for months, assuming I ever saw it again.

e: I don't draw much of a distinction between "my" insurer and "their" insurer. They're both two sides of the same coin, and my insurance company won't hesitate to gently caress me over if it helps their bottom line either.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 5, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo. The numbness hasn't gone away but I have an itch that I can feel for some reason but I can't pinpoint it and it's driving me crazy!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Doesnt that just mean its wearing off?

source: 4 wisdoom teeth taken out at once. no bueno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My whole face is still numb and so is my tongue. I just have this one itchy sensation and it wont go away!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If you can self fellate it'll feel like someone else doing it. :eng101:

source:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

If you can self fellate it'll feel like someone else doing it. :eng101:

source:

lolllll.

its pretty boring tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Remember: The goal of an insurance company is to KEEP money, not pay it out.

• Locked thread