Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

massive cap use penalty is a thing that exists right now so it'd make sense to just use that instead of ccping their way to "everything is locked, always"

I mean turning on the PANIC mod makes a localized lightning storm happen in your shields. For sure that should wreak havoc with sensors and electronics equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Question, how long has INFAMOUS been dead? I'm still getting station ads for them :newlol:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

VideoGames posted:

Well it's pleasant to not deal with negativity and just laid back chat now and then. If all you surround yourself with is bad then it kind of permeates through you and becomes you. I don't think we want that!

This thread is entirely capable of having a reasonable discussion about fittings, economics, and solo piloting, and even strategy to a degree.

We choose to indulge in political poo poo-posting because that's a legitimate and really enjoyable dimension of the game.

Sure it's fun to play in the sandbox, and make new friends. It's also fun to hate someone, or seek revenge, or try to impose your vision of the sandbox across an entire region of the galaxy.

That being said - can we get a rule that people need to keep their ephebophilia/furry cartoons out of the politics thread?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Hatred drove the great war in eve but that's coming up for a decade ago and despite wearisome efforts to the contrary it's never really worked again since. Resentment and bitterness have worked a bit since, as have mockery and even a surly sort of grudge, but not the perfect white heat of 2007-10 at its peak. I tried both, but found that plenty of information and a smattering of comedy worked far better for getting people to turn up to fleets for week after week than regurgitating the stuff that had worked in a very unusual situation.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what is even the point of a "chill" thread

To force you to be cordial with people - especially the people whose horrible character flaws and atrocious demeanor you spent years coming to understand intimately.

Under penalty of being banned.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

tickets to the gunt show posted:

That being said - can we get a rule that people need to keep their ephebophilia/furry cartoons out of the politics thread?

What?? Where is this??

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

VideoGames posted:

Well it's pleasant to not deal with negativity and just laid back chat now and then. If all you surround yourself with is bad then it kind of permeates through you and becomes you. I don't think we want that!

I'd like to think that VGs positive influence someday starts a new religion. :buddy:

Anythings better than the Bob poo poo. :colbert:

J.R. Bob Dobbs is the one and only true Bob. :argh:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Endie posted:

Hatred drove the great war in eve but that's coming up for a decade ago and despite wearisome efforts to the contrary it's never really worked again since. Resentment and bitterness have worked a bit since, as have mockery and even a surly sort of grudge, but not the perfect white heat of 2007-10 at its peak. I tried both, but found that plenty of information and a smattering of comedy worked far better for getting people to turn up to fleets for week after week than regurgitating the stuff that had worked in a very unusual situation.

Yo homie I think you are confusing internet spaceships hate with genuine hate and I want you to understand that these are not the same things okay.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Question, how long has INFAMOUS been dead? I'm still getting station ads for them :newlol:

About half a year.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 5, 2017

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

VideoGames posted:

What?? Where is this??

Erm. I was just referring just to frozenp(oster) and whatever the gently caress Zephyrine posted with that squid molesting a dragon.

Honestly I just want to see Zephyrine exiled to the chill-thread like it's the phantom zone.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

and whatever the gently caress Zephyrine posted with that squid molesting a dragon.

Oh wow you are really going to take this feigned indignation all the way aren't you? Stop wasting VGs time with your chronically twisted panties

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 5, 2017

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

r/eve's ridiculous levels of mush-brained inconsistency will never not be funny. Like two weeks ago they were all talking about how we weren't so bad and PL are the biggest bullies on the block and now it's nothing but "we killed a swordfleet!" and "did you know mittens told a guy to kill himself, a rare thing in the global 2010 internet culture?!"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zegermans posted:

r/eve's ridiculous levels of mush-brained inconsistency will never not be funny. Like two weeks ago they were all talking about how we weren't so bad and PL are the biggest bullies on the block and now it's nothing but "we killed a swordfleet!" and "did you know mittens told a guy to kill himself, a rare thing in the global 2010 internet culture?!"

You act like this problem isn't unique to r/eve :ironicat: Twisting recent events to fit the narrative is nothing new throughout the entire game.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Oh wow you are really going to take this feigned indignation all the way aren't you? Stop wasting VGs time with your chronically twisted panties

Yeah the downward spiral of growing obsession and creepy behavior isn't funny anymore...

I'm sure you drew a very suggestive cartoon featuring a squid molesting a dragon and posted it on something awful dot com in the EVE poo poo-posting thread expecting us to appreciate your artistic talents, right? Not to provoke someone into remarking on what a loving trainwreck you are you so you can act indignant and get an honorable third party to white knight you...

Your attempts at instigating poo poo are so obvious I can't tell if it's Xenuria-like super-meta-humor bullshit or what.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Yeah the downward spiral of growing obsession and creepy behavior isn't funny anymore...

I'm sure you drew a very suggestive cartoon featuring a squid molesting a dragon and posted it on something awful dot com in the EVE poo poo-posting thread expecting us to appreciate your artistic talents, right? Not to provoke someone into remarking on what a loving trainwreck you are you so you can act indignant and get an honorable third party to white knight you...

Your attempts at instigating poo poo are so obvious I can't tell if it's Xenuria-like super-meta-humor bullshit or what.

This is all in your head and you are free to have your fantasies (detailed as they are) but if you're going to be triggering yourself into some self-fulfilling prophecy of sexual implications over other peoples artwork then at least keep the mods out of it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just gently caress already.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
We need another great white heat hate war.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

iospace posted:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Anderron Shi posted:

We need another great white hate war.

:popeye:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

iospace posted:

You act like this problem isn't unique to r/eve :ironicat: Twisting recent events to fit the narrative is nothing new throughout the entire game.

I understand that, but the pace it happens there is neck-breaking.

I recall when Evil Thug went from scary internet psychopath to dumb fatty afk nerd before and after they turned on us in the Delve I/II interregnum.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

iospace posted:

:allears:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

shut up psycho

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Could we just try to do with less meltdowns and snark? "tickets to the gunt show" snapping at my throat for the sake of it sure isn't any fun to me. I don't know if he is having fun.

Viva Miriya posted:

shut up psycho

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 5, 2017

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Zephyrine posted:

Could we just try to do with less meltdowns and snark? "tickets to the gunt show" snapping at my throat for the sake of it sure isn't any fun to me. I don't know if he is having fun.

It's more entertaining to read than your blind, futile supplication.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

This is all in your head and you are free to have your fantasies (detailed as they are) but if you're going to be triggering yourself into some self-fulfilling prophecy of sexual implications over other peoples artwork then at least keep the mods out of it.

This thread is entirely capable of having a reasonable discussion about fittings, economics, and solo piloting, and even strategy to a degree.

We choose to indulge in political poo poo-posting because that's a legitimate and really enjoyable dimension of the game.

Sure it's fun to play in the sandbox, and make new friends. It's also fun to hate someone, or seek revenge, or try to impose your vision of the sandbox across an entire region of the galaxy.

VideoGames posted:

What?? Where is this??

Basically that though I don't think its a sign of EPHEBOPHILIA, whatever that means, but its definitely Zephyrine trying to be cutesy with cartoons and instead coming across as a creepy weirdo type who has furry tendencies.

e: just googled it

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats a pretty strong accusation to throw zephy's way.

A pathetic sycophant with no self esteem, no dignity, and with cognitive dissonance turned up to 11 she is. Pedo she isn't.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

zegermans posted:

I understand that, but the pace it happens there is neck-breaking.

I recall when Evil Thug went from scary internet psychopath to dumb fatty afk nerd before and after they turned on us in the Delve I/II interregnum.

I remember this and then when I found out Evil Thug is really just a elf nerd irl. His friend was the fat one.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Zephyrine posted:

Do you typically become incoherent when someone calls you out on your cringe-worthy conduct, or am I some kind of special that justifies your brain assembling that sentence and being like "yeah, this makes total sense this is fine"?

Viva Miriya posted:

Basically that though I don't think its a sign of EPHEBOPHILIA, whatever that means, but its definitely Zephyrine trying to be cutesy with cartoons and instead coming across as a creepy weirdo type who has furry tendencies.

e: just googled it

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats a pretty strong accusation to throw zephy's way.

A pathetic sycophant with no self esteem, no dignity, and with cognitive dissonance turned up to 11 she is. Pedo she isn't.

The ephebophilia comment was about frozenpussy. I'm not sure if you were participating when that happened - it was funny but also very creepy just like Zeph.

e: I am not calling Zeph funny - just creepy.

Baculus fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Jan 5, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

The ephebophilia comment was about frozenpussy. I'm not sure if you were participating when that happened - it was funny but also very creepy just like Zeph.

I didn't miss out on making fun of frozenpussy being the dude responsible for ELSA last year. It just didn't click right this second.

Do you typically become incoherent when someone calls you out on your cringe-worthy conduct, or am I some kind of special that justifies your brain assembling that sentence and being like "yeah, this makes total sense this is fine"?

She basically admitted last month to having no social compass whatsoever so her mind is probably working overtime trying to make sense of our words and what they really really mean. She's due to shutdown and disappear from the thread anytime now because we are WAY out of her comfort zone.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So it looks like you guys are in the middle of something here, and this might not be the right place to ask, but the other Eve thread I found is pretty quiet.

Since the game is f2p now, any reason to buy the starter pack on Steam if I am interested in checking the game out?

I am kind of curious about what is driving whatever is going on in the thread right now.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
eve is actually a p good game now

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
This Steam starter pack?

The ORE Venture mining frigate
    A full set of modules and equipment to kit out your ship
    Extra skills, ready to train
    Blueprints to build the Venture and the deadly Corax destroyer
    A Mobile Depot personal deployable
    Avatar apparel: male “Esquire” and female “Executor” coats (black)
    Prototype Cerebral Accelerator (skill booster)
    30 days of game time

No, that is not worth :10bux::10bux: - just start a free alpha account and upgrade to an omega clone if you want to keep playing and are tired of flying frigates

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Meridian posted:

So it looks like you guys are in the middle of something here, and this might not be the right place to ask, but the other Eve thread I found is pretty quiet.

Since the game is f2p now, any reason to buy the starter pack on Steam if I am interested in checking the game out?

I am kind of curious about what is driving whatever is going on in the thread right now.

On EVE: Just try it with a free account and join up with goonfleet. They are always good to newbies. Fly around in a tackle frigate and start killing dudes on your first day and you'll be showered in millions and billions of space bucks.

As for whats going on, don't concern yourself with it, its just bullshit between vets.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Awesome, thanks everyone.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meridian posted:

Also, take it from me, flying tackle is fun. Yeah, you don't do most damage, but when you manage to grab that guy who thinks he made it out safely and then watch him die, it's an awesome feeling.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Since other folks asked for training suggestions, http://eveboard.com/pilot/KingSkunk

Sounds like I should get thermo and sensor comps to 5. Was training towards a Sin (Blops 4), think I have Min BS 5 in queue since I haven't been logging in/paying attention. This dude is mostly subcap but has some carrier stuff.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jazzzzz posted:

Since other folks asked for training suggestions, http://eveboard.com/pilot/KingSkunk

Sounds like I should get thermo and sensor comps to 5. Was training towards a Sin (Blops 4), think I have Min BS 5 in queue since I haven't been logging in/paying attention. This dude is mostly subcap but has some carrier stuff.

You've got almost all of the amarr dread skills trained to II. At least finish training them to IV (dread, cap turret, tactical weapons reconfig). Won't take long, significantly increases the utility.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Meridian posted:

Goons are largely old and bitter, which makes them (A) love cute newbees and (B) forget the possibility someone can actually be new. Don't beg, but don't miss your chance to subtly work in "hey this is my first fleet, I think I tackled something before I exploded". People enjoy helping out.

Also, go on the forums and, between awful shitposts, sign up for all the free stuff.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

meatmccartney posted:

Goons are largely old and bitter, which makes them (A) love cute newbees and (B) forget the possibility someone can actually be new. Don't beg, but don't miss your chance to subtly work in "hey this is my first fleet, I think I tackled something before I exploded". People enjoy helping out.

Also, go on the forums and, between awful shitposts, sign up for all the free stuff.

Is there a separate Goonswarm forum or are you referring to a thread somewhere around here that I missed?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Meridian posted:

Is there a separate Goonswarm forum or are you referring to a thread somewhere around here that I missed?

goonfleet.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Meridian posted:

Goonswarm has their own forum with authentication. I think their thread is linked in the OP of this one.

• Locked thread