Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
gently caress, I'm in BFE Pennsylvania, so I have to suffer through fallout from the great Lakes area and radioactive hillbillies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

edit: obama also just approved ~$350 billion for nuclear subs. The cold war is back baby!

Ohio replacements?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ok I was wondering why some of my friends who are federal employees were freaking out this morning.

http://washingtonpost.com/local/vir....html?tid=sm_fb

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Ok I was wondering why some of my friends who are federal employees were freaking out this morning.

Why do you think they were asking for specific names of climate change people and those fighting for civil rights? This is the poo poo that is going to be happening the next four years with Trump or Pence at the top and was the plan from the getgo if they got both houses of congress and the presidency.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

LostCosmonaut posted:

Ohio replacements?

No, 12 new ones, but I'm seeing a $128 billion price tag now and not the 350 like I saw earlier.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-05/new-nuclear-armed-subs-win-pentagon-approval-before-obama-leaves

also incase you had any kind of doubts before:

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/817022914004447232

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 5, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

On one hand it's pretty savage and good way to destroy people and that's bad. On the other hand, gently caress horses.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:shrug:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Flikken posted:

gently caress, I'm in BFE Pennsylvania, so I have to suffer through fallout from the great Lakes area and radioactive hillbillies.

I'm pretty close to D.C. So that'll be fun.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

"Anybody who is loyal and helpful to me is good, even if they're specifically acting against the interests of my country. Anybody who opposes me on anything is bad so must be purged and punished."

I feel like I've seen this playbook before.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What does 14 mean, some secret nazi code like 88?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Some white purity thing attributed to Hitler

14/88

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

priznat posted:

What does 14 mean, some secret nazi code like 88?

In what context? Yeah when referenced as 1488 or 14-88 it's a reference to the "14 words" which is an old white supremacist saying about securing a future for our white children or some such horseshit.

In other words, yeah, Nazis.

Yeah, "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

Edit: ah, didn't see the Ann Coulter tweet. Pretty sure the woman just can't math and is trying to count down the days to the inauguration of her orange Jesus.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 5, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

I feel like this is a great way to not win votes in future elections.

Also looking forward to the five people left working at the CIA earning 365 dollars annually.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

TBeats posted:

I'm pretty close to D.C. So that'll be fun.

I live next to the Pentagon. I'm pretty much guaranteed to not feel a thing.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I feel like this is a great way to not win votes in future elections.

Also looking forward to the five people left working at the CIA earning 365 dollars annually.

Great way for Republicans to bleed their congressional seats in NoVA.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

Great way for Republicans to bleed their congressional seats in NoVA.

At this point they'd only lose Comstock and (big) maybe Wittman's seat.

If poo poo keeps up though, Comstock is definitely going to be on her way out in 2018.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Don't worry, 2020 is right around the corner to redraw the districts. There is going to be some really, really wild poo poo with those districts. I'll put money on that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Democrats should be focusing all of their efforts on 2018. If they don't, they're dumb.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

psydude posted:

Democrats should be focusing all of their efforts on 2018. If they don't, they're dumb.

Therein lies the problem. The house of representatives is basically gerrymandered to the point where the democratic party just simply cannot win a majority of seats. A non-trivial number of state houses are also rigged. Of the 33 senators up for re-election, 24 are democrats (if you count Bernie), 1 independent from Maine, and 8 republicans from Arizona, Mississippi, Nevada, Nebraska, Tennessee, Texas, Wyoming, and Utah.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Lindsey Graham dropping :iceburn:s

quote:

“The point of this hearing is to have the intelligence community reinforce, from their point of view, that the Russians did this,” Graham said. “You seem to have two choices now — some guy living in an embassy, on the run from the law for rape, who has a history of undermining American democracy and releasing classified information to put our troops at risk, or the 17 intelligence agencies sworn to defend us. I’m going with them.”

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Lindsey's done a lot to improve himself in my mind since the iPhone FBI bullshit after San Bernardino

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Trump is appointing Pamela Bonding to a White House post.

Pam was the Florida AG that took Trump money then avoided investigations into Trump University

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also said that Obama was just throwing pebbles at Putin for his poo poo, but he's ready to start throwing rocks.

:getin:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Lindsey 'Slightly less lovely' Graham

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How the hell am I finding myself to be somewhat warm on Lindsey Graham all of a sudden

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

we're through the looking glass

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

How the hell am I finding myself to be somewhat warm on Lindsey Graham all of a sudden

Because he's a Republican second American first. The same can't be said for the majority of Republicans right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Pam Bondi is a piece of poo poo and should be in jail for accepting bribes from the Trump Foundation.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Well there's garden variety lovely, and then there's new and improved "burn the country to loot the ashes and rule over it's corpses" lovely. Of the two, garden variety lovely seems not so bad.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/817075195437584384

On the same day that we found out companies are making sure people wake up at 3am just to make sure someone's reading his Twitter account. He read something from the WSJ and got mad.

Also, very obviously a distraction from McCain's hearings.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

On the same day that we found out companies are making sure people wake up at 3am just to make sure someone's reading his Twitter account. He read something from the WSJ and got mad.

Best internship opportunity ever.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/817004210529116160

"Intelligence"

A big fan!!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

His Pivot started with getting a real tech briefing on San Bernardino and picked up steam when he played pool with Trevor Noah on the Daily Show. His recovery is as fast as most cancer patients so there is still hope he'll come back from stage III ringism's disease.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Has a president-elect ever caused so much poo poo before taking office?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Has a president-elect ever caused so much poo poo before taking office?

Taft probably had big shits.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dylann Roof says it's "not fair" he has to hear so much from the loved ones of his victims.

Cry me a loving river you piece of poo poo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Look, man.

It's not his fault that he had to start a race war.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vengarr posted:

Look, man.

It's not his fault that he had to start a race war.

manifest destiny or something

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Didn't he already also say at sentencing he felt no remorse for the victims and felt fully justified.

gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wanna high five the courtroom artist :laugh:

• Locked thread