Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Was gonna post this in the pics videos thread but figured it's worth a post here

http://m.imgur.com/P3l71zJ?r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p6hqMnsLFY

Guess they all lived, pilots need a chute by law

1:33 for exploding plane

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I've been on a plane for the last couple hours so I hope you got alarm chat out of your system cause the next stupid post is something something snooze pun

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

When a customer asks "Do you listen to Alex Jones, Info Wars?" As you unload your tools, you know it's going to be a long job.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Crossposting from the Crappy Construction thread, because I laughed :grovertoot:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jan 5, 2017

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

When a customer asks "Do you listen to Alex Jones, Info Wars?" As you unload your tools, you know it's going to be a long job.

Lol nice av

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nzeWjeco-Q

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Get hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZY-X6exJNg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Looking forward to R&M attacking the vagina death star

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Do we have a new, for-real-this-time release date yet?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Anybody got an exercise bike? I'm thinking about getting one to use in the mornings to start my day since it's getting to the cold as gently caress season and running won't be an option. I don't know anything about brands or what to look for, but there are three things I want:

1) affordability. My budget is ~$500. If I need to spend a little bit more, I possibly could. But not substantially more.

2) I need a place to put a book/kindle.

3) I want this style more or less (the way the seat is set up in relation to the handle bars):

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
You will not get that butt Cole

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
Forget what hollybloops said, believe in yourself!!!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Lol did you do that?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
just got my Casper, it's comfy

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

TBeats posted:

Anybody got an exercise bike? I'm thinking about getting one to use in the mornings to start my day since it's getting to the cold as gently caress season and running won't be an option. I don't know anything about brands or what to look for, but there are three things I want:

1) affordability. My budget is ~$500. If I need to spend a little bit more, I possibly could. But not substantially more.

2) I need a place to put a book/kindle.

3) I want this style more or less (the way the seat is set up in relation to the handle bars):

Check craigslist, by the end of the month there will be a poo poo ton of exercise bikes and treadmills for sale.

Also, look into a recumbent bike if you have back or joint issues. They are way, way easier on you if you suffer from the "I'm in my mid 30s but have the body of someone in their mid 80s" like most of us.

Pretty sure I just blew out my knee typing this post.

Don't get old.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you get an exercise bike get the one with clipin pedals or get those attachments. As dorky as you might think it is having the shoes, it makes a world of a difference

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Good shoes and pedals are the single best thing you can do for a bike, regardless of whether it has two wheels or only one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Since you don't care about saving precious grams of weight I'd probably get mountain biking ones rather than roadbike iceskates

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Got my kindle just now.

poo poo owns. I feel like I'm way too excited for this.

A kindle+exercise bike would be a loving sick way to start my days.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Genocide Tendency posted:

Check craigslist, by the end of the month there will be a poo poo ton of exercise bikes and treadmills for sale.

Also, look into a recumbent bike if you have back or joint issues. They are way, way easier on you if you suffer from the "I'm in my mid 30s but have the body of someone in their mid 80s" like most of us.

Pretty sure I just blew out my knee typing this post.

Don't get old.

Definitely a recumbent bike. I can't ride normal bikes because they pinch a nerve whose name I can't remember but long story short regular bikes make your dick stop working.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's actually an artery running along your gouche that gets flattened to the point that you can't get a boner anymore. Buy the right seat, though, and it won't be a problem.

Added bonus: you won't look like a loving dork on your recumbent bike

Edit: well for a stationary exercise bike who cares, but try googling recumbent bike and see how long it takes before you find someone who looks cool on one.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 5, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

There's actually an artery running along your gouche that gets flattened to the point that you can't get a boner anymore. Buy the right seat, though, and it won't be a problem.

Added bonus: you won't look like a loving dork on your recumbent bike

It's going to be in my room so looking like a dork won't be a big deal. I just don't feel like I get much out of a recumbent bike for some reason.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Elliptical machines are good too. Craigslist is def the place to get one for reasonable money, but if anything needs replacing, it can get costly quick.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Anyone here use sling? Is it any good? Can my husband watch his BS network sitcoms (The Middle :barf:)? Is there DVR-like functionality?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Is that the one where you need a free TV for it to work right?

Edit. Nevermind, looks like they've updated their model to be more like a independent streaming service.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 6, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Anyone here use sling? Is it any good? Can my husband watch his BS network sitcoms (The Middle :barf:)? Is there DVR-like functionality?

Sling is fine, your man-bear can watch his BS network sitcoms on it, there is a I believe about a 2 day view time on live TV, where you can watch anything that showed in the last two days whenever you want, except on certain channels/programs (NFL poo poo being one of the main criminals of this).

You cannot record a thing and watch it indefinitely however, but good old screen capture software can take care of that no problem, but this probably breaks a law somehow somewhere so do it at your own risk.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Lol did you do that?

You're welcome

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

bengy81
May 8, 2010

We had satellite and dropped it due to them price gouging and cutting channels. We were paying 90 (??? I don't actually know????) and they kept cutting channels and adding them to premium packages, like we literally couldn't get any sports channels for under 115, so gently caress them, we cut the cable.
I
I don't have anything to say about sling, but we have PS VUE and it's pretty great.

All network programming is available and can be favorited for viewing later, plus some stuff is available on demand. We even get local CBS news, if that's something you care about.
I would look at both and compare them, I can't remember why we went with VUE over Sling, but I'm sure there was a reason.

Also if husbear watches his shows when the broadcast just get an antenna. We have one antenna and besides regular network TV, we also get CREATE, which has all the PBS cooking and crafting shows, plus a sitcom channel that pretty much just plays Sanford and Son, and Good Times. And there is another channel that plays really bad westerns and it's pretty great too.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:stare:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

That's not gone well

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Anyone else catch the dick and balls drawn on the auction card. Show is very good.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

That's not gone well

Looks like it went great for the show.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Sling performance for channels that are not being heavily watched: Very good.

Sling performance for channels that are currently seeing high demand: Dog poo poo. It won't just drop the resolution either, its resolution is to break itself in an infinite loop and it is 100% unwatcheable when it gets like this.

Still, for 40 bucks I get access to most primary cable networks, WatchESPN, and NBC Sports, which is by far and away all the more I need cable for. I also have a Mohu Leaf for local OTA channels that works phenomenally.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Untagged posted:

Anyone else catch the dick and balls drawn on the auction card. Show is very good.

I cracked up when James hit the fire alarm.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I was expecting a Top Gear clone when Grand Tour premiered. At first it was like drinking tea when you expect soda, which sucks.

But it turns out it's really really loving good tea.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

took em a couple episodes to burn off stuff they were planning on doing for Top Gear i guess

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Morning conference call results: 15% raise :q:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
It's the day of Epiphany (or so google translate tells me) today, and it's one of the countless state holidays we get in Bavaria so good catholics can go get hammered for jesus-reasons.

My old man overdid it severely earlier this morning, so now he's hammered off his nuts, lost his phone, stumbling around the house giggling like a girl, and getting angry* at my mother because she dared to take the house phone away from him because he's incomprehensible at this point and cannot be trusted to call the brewery where he probably lost it.

That's my dad-chat contribution today, thanks for listening.

*not really angry, more like the state of a confused and frustrated puppy that doesn't understand what's happening on television

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Apple Music is stupid and having to sync my iTunes library with my phone via wifi with no other option is stupid.

Thanks for listening.

• Locked thread