Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

probably cless, helck's brother

Hm. Didn't look like him to me, but it has been so long since I read the part with normal cless that :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

You'd think that Mikaros, a true blue hero, would be less dumb about hero potential.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I believe in ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Please go eat a dick right now, Mikaros :argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I believe that Anne From Management is going to Kill the Hell out of Mikaros!!!

Also, that Helck is going to save his brother, and then Alicia, and then all the humans and demons and it's going to be good + happy.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

SgtMongoose posted:

Further speculation: the King is an AI from the ancient civilization who is rebelling against these idiots as hard as its programming allows it. The King's voice is mind controlling the humans, but Mikaros is the one telling the King what to say.

Additional speculation: the S+ rank, mysterious northern threat the demons are so scared of is another remnant of the ancient civilization that has straight up sci-fi tech and will probably get involved at some point.

I kind of agree with the AI speculation. It would make sense that the reason no attack made so far has been able to harm the King is because they're just a hologram or the like, when even Mikaros' teleportation isn't enough to let him escape Helck and Vamirio hurting him.

Also, count me in as among those who have no idea who this is attacking but I believe in Anne from Management.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eopia posted:

Also, count me in as among those who have no idea who this is attacking but I believe in Anne from Management.

It's probably Cless, brother of Helck, True Hero, and all around good dude. It's no surprise you don't recognise him though since last we saw of him he was a broken husk of a body powering one of Mikaros' spells (I can't remember which one).

I believe a couple of chapters ago Mikaros and Raphaed were talking about using him as a secret weapon against Helck.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also its been so long that the art style has shifted a bit.
So yeah new cless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Makes sense.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
There's another omake chapter up on Batoto. So why did they change Piuy's name to Piwi again, it just doesn't feel right after all this time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
piwi is apparently more accurate, plus it is supposed to rhyme with kiwi.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the kiwi thing was probably what prompted them to change it since people clearly had different ideas on how piuy was supposed to be pronounced. now we know for sure

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to the new Piwi chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-083-005--The-Witch-s-Adventure-Log---Entry-006---Island-?id=341572

(It'll always be Piuy in my heart, though)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
spelled piuy, pronounced piwi.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

:yeah:

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I always pronounced Piuy as PYoooWee or something like that but Piwi seems more correct. Maybe if this gets an anime adaption we can finally learn the truth.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm guessing the katakana it's written with is pi + u + small i? I could see why someone might translate that as Piuy.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So are we actually caught up now, or have they just slowed down from chapter per day schedule?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I always pronounced it piwi so changing it to that is just vindication for me

I do kinda like the spelling of piuy more tho. maybe I'm just used to it now

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Eopia posted:

So are we actually caught up now, or have they just slowed down from chapter per day schedule?

Still at least 2 (or 3, depending on whether you count 84 and 84-2 as separate chapters) more chapters.

Most recent chapter on the Ura Sunday site is 85.

http://urasunday.com/helck/index.html

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
As to Anne
If it is Cless, then he may have just upped his game from killing demon kings to heavenly kings

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Helck - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-084-001--Brothers?id=341791

If you didn't believe in Anne, shame on you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Helck looks so happy to be having a brotherly quarrel. Please save your brother Helck. :ohdear:

I hope from this fight we finally end up discovering just what exactly Cless and the Demon King he killed talked about together. Since I don't think we ever found out in the big Helck Backstory flashback.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I believe in big brother helck

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Has Anne's sacred weapon or whatever been mentioned before this? I feel like it has but I can't remember.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Has Anne's sacred weapon or whatever been mentioned before this? I feel like it has but I can't remember.

It was in some omakes where she was going through the trials for becoming a heavenly king.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chumbler posted:

It was in some omakes where she was going through the trials for becoming a heavenly king.

Ah okay then. Have we met the other two heavenly kings? I feel like this is another One Punch Man scenario where you think about it and realize 'Wow, this has all been happening over only like a month and a half.'

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I think we've only ever seen them in shadow once.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the other two heavenly kings are on the northern war front, which is apparently somehow extremely more dangerous than the human threat. there's also two guardians ranked above the heavenly kings, as well as the god emperor, who is presumably some kind of bitchin' rad dragon.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:krad:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think the ranks go demon kings < guardian kings < heavenly kings < demon emperor. That Shin guy is one of the guardian kings.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isn't he literally called Demon King Shin

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I believe in Helck and Anne from management.

I also believe that Mikaros can go eat a dick.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Begemot posted:

I think the ranks go demon kings < guardian kings < heavenly kings < demon emperor. That Shin guy is one of the guardian kings.

drat, dude's one element away from being The Avatar and he's only a Demon King huh? Go him.

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I think we've only ever seen them in shadow once.

Yeah, I was pretty sure we hadn't actually met or got their names at this point.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Begemot posted:

It's Demon Kings -> Heavenly Kings -> Guardian Kings -> Emperor Dragon. Shin is one of the Demon Kings. We haven't seen the Guardian Kings but they're implied to be the Emperor's personal body guards.

fake edit:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ah okay. I remembered that chart but I couldn't look it up on my phone.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

A lot happens in today's Helck.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Explosions posted:

A lot happens in today's Helck.

Piuy is very powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007