Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Ularg posted:

Great, never thought I'd get to see a fourth reich.

"Hey kiddos! Ever daydream about going back in time to help support the civil rights movement or fight the Nazis? Well now's your chance!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hah, now I wanna download this game

from what i've gathered from other people it's both really grindy and really stingy when it comes to getting the characters you want from summons

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Who the hell is Arianna Grande? Is she a luchadora?

She's going to be revealed as El Luchadora but keep it a secret.

Brother Entropy posted:

from what i've gathered from other people it's both really grindy and really stingy when it comes to getting the characters you want from summons

It's kind of like they thought Record Keeper didn't have enough annoying randomness.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aphrodite posted:

I'll keep it secret, but I have no promises about keeping it safe.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aphrodite posted:

That's La Luchadora. :eng101:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's La Luchadora. :eng101:

That's the twist.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aphrodite posted:

That's the twist.

:aaaaa:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

I'm about 83% certain that that Ann Coulter tweet is just her failing to realize there are actually 15 days until the 20th, not 14.

Does she have a tweet from yesterday saying 15? Will she tweet tomorrow saying 13? I doubt it.

It would be extremely easy to say "14 days left!" for people to not read it as a dog whistle. She knew what she was doing.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Snoop Radley posted:

I love it when people just use words like "progressive" and "moral(fag)" like they're insults in themselves. Like, not even trying to dress it up as something else or approaching it from a different point of view (so that "progress" becomes "degeneration" for example), just straight up taking a word that has positive connotations and using it like it's a negative.

"You loving decent human being"

Some evangelical conservative tried to insult me by calling me a "bleeding heart liberal". I was just like, "Yeah, and?" If memory serves me right, I was replying to the fact that she thought it was OK to torture prisoners (when the government released the report of interrogation techniques at Gitmo or somewhere), and if some completely innocent people were tortured by mistake then, oh well.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

WampaLord posted:

Does she have a tweet from yesterday saying 15? Will she tweet tomorrow saying 13? I doubt it.

It would be extremely easy to say "14 days left!" for people to not read it as a dog whistle. She knew what she was doing.

If she's smart enough to slip in a dog whistle, surely you'd think she'd be smart enough to sneak it in on a day where she'd have plausible deniability if called out. Like I said, 83% certain.

Hell, maybe it's both.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Plom Bar posted:

If she's smart enough to slip in a dog whistle, surely you'd think she'd be smart enough to sneak it in on a day where she'd have plausible deniability if called out. Like I said, 83% certain.

Hell, maybe it's both.

Or you intentionally do it on a day that makes it completely unambiguous to people what the intent was specifically to drive them crazy and make them complain so that she can point and them and say "See how crazy and unreasonable these guys are?". It certainly isn't because she actually cares if anyone "figures it out".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean I agree it won't hurt her because everyone knows Ann Coulter is a white supremacist and her fans fully agree with her, but let's not pretend she's being smart or subtle. "14 88" is literally the most common white power 'code' she could have used. It's like if she just tweeted the word 'niggers' and we were sitting around going 'ah, subtle manipulator Ann Coulter once again shows her mastery of her art'. Like, she said a nazi thing, people are going 'gently caress nazis' and most of her nazi supporters are going 'woo nazis'.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"14 88" is literally the most common white power 'code' she could have used.

If she said the 88 part, we wouldn't be having this conversation about dog whistling.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is Ann Coulter the idiot on social media, or is it us for wasting the time of day on her latest provocation?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
She's the farooq of real life!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

If she said the 88 part, we wouldn't be having this conversation about dog whistling.

there is literally no context but 'hitler' for a known white supremacist to randomly say the number 14, especially when the first loving response is '88'

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is Ann Coulter the idiot on social media, or is it us for wasting the time of day on her latest provocation?
Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who posts about him?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Tatum Girlparts posted:

especially when the first loving response is '88'

cool now i know that what i say gets held against you

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

FAROOQ posted:

A loaded gun.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

I think Coulter feels threatened by Tomi Lahren so she's just started with actual Nazi poo poo instead of dogwhistle racism.

Coulter isn't going to succeed.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

FAROOQ posted:

She should know her audience enough that if she didnt want tons of people replying with Nazi poo poo, maybe she shouldnt post things that can easily be taken as Nazi poo poo.

Maybe she can post a swastika next but we should have known she actually meant the ancient Chinese use of the symbol instead.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

hilariously the cops have straight up said 'no this wasn't racial this was just a horrible random crime' and that's not enough apparently. Like, when even American cops are trying to be all 'ok let's not be lovely to BLM over this' you'd think that'd be enough but nope.

It was explicitly about his race

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

since we're discussing nazis and social media

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Somekindofguy ' s guide to making your brain hurt:

Step 1: Go to this link.

Step 2: Follow it up with this.

For extra fun, sort by controversial.

Step 3: Enjoy your headache.

Goddamn, guy unironically saying it's dangerous to be a white man in there.

somekindofguy has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Jan 5, 2017

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Now keep in mind that an actual nazi tried to commit a school massacre in Sweden. But because of gun control the most dangerous thing he could get his hands on was a loving sword

His spree was greatly undermined by teachers simply locking the doors and he killed all of two people** before being shot to death by police.

**A third person died later of injuries.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
You all remember Laura Ingraham's totally-not-a-Nazi-salute, right?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ah yes, I forgot the cornerstone of white people culture, "we invented literally everything lol".

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Usually white dudes open carrying but I'm sure he doesn't have a problem with that

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fallout DLC getting weird.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Low Desert Punk posted:

Kkklurfs

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

I mean, the earliest recorded examples of mathematics come from Babylon and Egypt, so white people are pretty hosed overall imo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

NachtSieger posted:

Ah yes, I forgot the cornerstone of white people culture, "we invented literally everything lol".

it's hosed up that before white people happened we had literally no homes other than straw huts. Can you believe those great straw huts of Egypt stood up so long?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

it's hosed up that before white people happened we had literally no homes other than straw huts. Can you believe those great straw huts of Egypt stood up so long?

They don't grow Egyptian straw like they used to, that's for sure.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Please, you're blatantly misrepresenting what that comic was about. It's not claiming that only white people had homes other than straw huts.

It's claiming that black people didn't.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's how we have such pristine samples of Egyptian grains.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Egyptians had cotton huts, duh. That's why those towels are so nice; millennia of practice!

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

TinTower posted:

You all remember Laura Ingraham's totally-not-a-Nazi-salute, right?

oh yeah, that was amazing

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FAROOQ posted:

Elbow not locked, doesn't count

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Also it's the left arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

FAROOQ posted:

Its pretty easy to take a snapshot of someone as they raise their hand to wave and make it look like a nazi salute. Ingraham is on video holding her arm in that position.