Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm skipping huge swaths of today's WOR cause I don't wanna hear anything about WK11, 'cause I think I might just wind up buying NJW to watch it 'cause everybody says it's so loving great and apparently there's a 45 goddamn minute match, and they're talking it up like the whole thing was so good every time I skip ahead. Was this show just the end all be all or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

VJeff posted:

I'm skipping huge swaths of today's WOR cause I don't wanna hear anything about WK11, 'cause I think I might just wind up buying NJW to watch it 'cause everybody says it's so loving great and apparently there's a 45 goddamn minute match, and they're talking it up like the whole thing was so good every time I skip ahead. Was this show just the end all be all or what?

The last 4 matches are crazy good. Dave called one of them the best match he's ever seen and yet there's still a bunch of debate on here over which of the 4 was best, such was the quality of all of them.

and the rest was okay to good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

The last 4 matches were all easy match of the year candidates, and the last two matches are easily worth the price (less than the WWE Network) by themselves

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

VJeff posted:

There's going to be at least one really great match for you. For me it was the IC title match, one of the best I've seen. The main event is a must watch... it's a very important match. As for its quality, that'll be debated for a long time.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Dave on Scott Norton.
:allears:

"JESUS loving CHRIST!" :lol:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
but new year dash had this happen so i don't think you can really say anything from wk11 is better

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/816953588496863232

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Karmine posted:

Are you thinking of when Bryan gave Bushwackers vs. Iron Sheik and Nikolai Vilkoff "negative more stars than there are in the universe and the universe is infinite?"

He also wanted to give Archibald Peck vs Colt Cabana "All the stars" but settled for 3

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave really missed out when he didn't rate it *****3/4

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I'll agree with that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Haha oh my God that would have been the best

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

:lol: god if only

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Dave talking about how Gedo should be in the Hall of Fame for his booking is a good argument.

Everyone thought NJPW was in dire straits last year losing three main eventers at once, Hiroshi Tanahashi's shoulder was dying, Suzuki was over in NOAH, and Okada had only just been coronated as The Ace without being tested whether he could do it without Tanahashi.

He loving managed to pull it off.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

exploded mummy posted:

Dave needs money.

When I said their lovely website, I mean I'm new to being a subscriber and their website sucks, I can't find poo poo.

Found it in the end: http://members.f4wonline.com/wrestling-observer-newsletter/january-9-2017-wrestling-observer-newsletter-ronda-rousey-loses

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

Dave talking about how Gedo should be in the Hall of Fame for his booking is a good argument.

Everyone thought NJPW was in dire straits last year losing three main eventers at once, Hiroshi Tanahashi's shoulder was dying, Suzuki was over in NOAH, and Okada had only just been coronated as The Ace without being tested whether he could do it without Tanahashi.

I don't know if people remember, but in the Archives somewhere there is the old NJPW thread which goes like this:

"Who's this Okada guy? Was he in TNA? He sucks? Wait he beat Hash? Lmao. Njpw, mirite? Ughh they really need to put the belt back on him ASAP"

*3 months later*

"WHY DID OKADA LOSE THE TITLE TO TANAHASHI WHYYYY???? :qq: :qq: :qq:"

And to be fair, I was one of those people that turned around on him in those 3 months.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Also....

Solus posted:

NJPW managed to trade Dragon loving Lee for Yoshitatsu.

Gedo is some kinda mad genius, obviously.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

algebra testes posted:

I don't know if people remember, but in the Archives somewhere there is the old NJPW thread which goes like this:

"Who's this Okada guy? Was he in TNA? He sucks? Wait he beat Hash? Lmao. Njpw, mirite? Ughh they really need to put the belt back on him ASAP"

*3 months later*

And to be fair, I was one of those people that turned around on him in those 3 months.
This happened on the same page of the Puro thread:

Lloyd Boner posted:

Okada beat Tanahashi for the title. gently caress that.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Still not sold on Okada but the match was ace.
Also, interesting post you made there:

algebra testes posted:

Is it just me, or would it actually be really good if NOAH and AJPW went under, then everyone could work for NJPW and NJPW could get hot and get TV and usher in a new era of Puro?

Or is that bullshit fantasy talk?
Means were wrong, but the results...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/817362084216377344

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Why does he make up stupid rear end bullshit that is really obvious and then berate WWE for it, and why can't i have that job

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

Why does he make up stupid rear end bullshit that is really obvious and then berate WWE for it, and why can't i have that job

Start a dirtsheet

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

will you start one too and merge them? softly. I'm afraid

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Lid posted:

Wait a sec, where was this, the WK11 review show Thursday? Missed it if so.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bryan scoop; Gamera is a BIG RASCAL

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
So uh, whats the joke in the #1 best moment? It went over my head.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

algebra testes posted:

*3 months later*

he didnt beat hashimoto

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Spermgod posted:

he didnt beat hashimoto

yoshi-HASHi

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

dsriggs posted:

yoshi-HASHi
Matt Sydal

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone listen to the start of last week's Nigel McGuinness podcast - Jay Lethal Part 2?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I love you TwitterDave
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/817544748692975617

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

#TopDave

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Macaroni Surprise posted:

So uh, whats the joke in the #1 best moment? It went over my head.

In regards to Jon Jones, and his alleged dick pills? Dave Meltzer has only ONE WORD! TO DESCRIBE Former light heavyweight champion Jon Jones

AND HE'S GO TO SPELL! IT! OUT! FOR YA.

Jon Jones is impotent.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 7, 2017

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Speaking of impotent, pisscast is back y'all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP RIP Pisscast

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

"i live, i die, i live again" - pisscast

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lid posted:

Thank God Naito went to Mexico and learned how to be cool from Rush.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Just when I think star chat has reached it's peak, Dave goes and gives a match 6*

He has to be trolling the people who say he inflates Japanese matches at this point

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
It was a really good match though.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

triplexpac posted:

Just when I think star chat has reached it's peak, Dave goes and gives a match 6*

He has to be trolling the people who say he inflates Japanese matches at this point

I think he actually thought it was really special, and wanted a way to convey that

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

he said it's one of the greatest matches he's ever seen and coming from a guy who's seen more wrestling than anyone else that says a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Dave also said there's been surprisingly little backlash from people about that rating, which goes to show how great that match was.

• Locked thread