Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

anime was right posted:

im gonna be real: neoliberalism probably does way better in florida than anywhere else, and probably where the hacks are best kept.

It's a state filled with theme parks. Of course magical thinking does well there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Also lmao at the people going "you Bernouts and your purity :rolleyes:" nitpicking at Ellisons record and trying to hold him up at not a true progressive

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Its almost like if they were functionally identical, the hard line Perez people should be just fine with ellison

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

Its almost like if they were functionally identical, the hard line Perez people should be just fine with ellison

He's too "controversial." The only remaining argument once he agreed to do the job full time.

Aurubin has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Jan 5, 2017

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/817102411223269376

DNC chair should be someone who can work with the state parties that still remember how to speak to white working class people instead of someone feted by coastal elites like shuck Schumer

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Aurubin posted:

He's too "contreversial." The only remaining argument once he agreed to do the job full time.

The "controversy" was all BS which was stirred up exclusively by the people saying this though

"Ok, but remember that time I raised a stink about him?" "Yeah, we decided no one cared." "Well, I'm still mad."

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

What has Ellison done to Earn My Vote?!?!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/817102411223269376

DNC chair should be someone who can work with the state parties that still remember how to speak to white working class people instead of someone feted by coastal elites like shuck Schumer

Yeah, how can that MUSLIM black candidate ever reach out to the white working class? He's only ever had to win in Minneapolis.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
are there even hard line perez people

like the most strident thing ive heard against ellison is some weak hemming and hawing from staff sources

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

lol PA dems are not a state party you want to use as a positive example

both chambers in our state legislature are red and only got redder in november, plus we voted for trump

PA dems are a microcosm of national dems and their gently caress ups

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

like the most strident thing ive heard against ellison is some weak hemming and hawing from staff sources

I mentioned this right when it happened, but the only grassroots support I've seen for Perez was a shared Facebook post by one of the most hardline Hillarymen in my feed

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Concerned Citizen posted:

yeah i wonder why perez wouldn't want to drive his face into the buzzsaw of a nearly unanimously loved governor

Because he's a spineless weasel that isn't willing to take risks or go toe to toe with the Rs?

Also the fact that you're still boosting Perez as alright despite the poo poo he's been saying and doing while still refusing to actually promote him as a superior alternative is pretty impressive.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/817094047252652032

Actually, I support butt stuff

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

im coining all of these perez hard-liners "Perez Pals"

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Get this: Cuck Choomer

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

this guy looks like the perfect democrat, as in he probably got stuffed into a lot of lockers by future trump supporters

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man, "buttgieg" is just such an unfortunate name

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Schum Gang

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

this guy looks like the perfect democrat, as in he probably got stuffed into a lot of lockers by future trump supporters

yes Trump supporters are the tough guys.

Have you seen the results of the_donald posters posting pictures of themselves?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

man, "buttgieg" is just such an unfortunate name

it really is perfect that the openly gay mayor of a big place now moving to the national stage is named Buttgieg. Just yea, gently caress it universe, make this a full on self-parody.

Seems like a cool guy though. Hopefully he can push Perez to a third place and it becomes a fight between two dudes who have local experience and good reputations.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Mostly guys like Dershowitz and Saban. But that's not so much because they like Perez but because they're single issue Dems, i.e. Israel.

And now that I say that they're probably Buckley fans.

Serf
May 5, 2011

no person named buttgieg will get anywhere

just won't happen

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Screw Sanders and Perez, this guy truly represents the values of the modern Democratic Party.

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/817074820043210752

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

he's also from "sound bend"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

"it's buttgieg, not buttgeek!" - that guy as his face was being lowered into a toilet, probably

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thank christ no one cares about Jamie Harrison

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pete Buttigieg for DNC Chair: OK, Some Butt Stuff

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

thank christ no one cares about Jamie Harrison

I genuinely stared at that quote for a bit thinking if Ellison or Butt would have said that before remembering "Oh right, Charleston, Harrison"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

Screw Sanders and Perez, this guy truly represents the values of the modern Democratic Party.

#NotAllLobbyists

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

the poor lobbyists, discriminated against because of their profession, so badly that they can't even donate huge sums of money to the political candidate they happen to support for professional reasons :negative:

the saddest story of our time

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

I don't think some very rich Jewish billionaires who donate to Democrats think Perez is an anti-semite so he has that going for him.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

MaxxBot posted:

Questioner: Will you continue taking money from lobbyists?
Hillary: Yes, I will! I will!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaAkcXynqLA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In all this disagreement and strife we've forgotten the John Q. Lobbyists we've been fighting for all along

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
looks like the DNC is

*puts a toothpick in my mouth*

a butt gig :clint:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

loquacius posted:

In all this disagreement and strife we've forgotten the John Q. Lobbyists we've been fighting for all along

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*leans way too close to mic* Buttgieg

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If we gave the Republicans poo poo for "Reince Priebus", imagine what they'd do with "Pete Buttigieg".

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I feel bad for JStein

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

loquacius posted:

MIGF reading this thread while on probation: 'Finally someone gets it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
lobbyists are...

*checks notes*

actually really good

• Locked thread